InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two InuYashas ❯ And the Clock Strikes Midnight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

And the Clock Strikes Midnight

"Shimatta," InuYasha cursed out loud. He sniffed the air to gauge how many demons surrounded him. He crept forward and pushed kagome behind him. His ears sweep back and forward to nekoch any hint of movement from his hidden opponents. He's left ear swerved to the left at the first sign of movement that signaled an attack. InuYasha turned in that direction hiding Kagome's form from view.

Sango prepared her boomerang for battle when the first of the demons came crashing into the clearing. She prepared to swing but was brought up short when she saw exactly what the demon was.

"InuYasha don't," Kagome reached forward and grabbed the hanyou's arm to stop him from drawing his sword.

InuYasha pulled his arm from the girls hands. "What the fuck?! Why would I stop? Do you wanna di--" he stopped when he looked up and his eyes fell on the small demon the tentatively walked up the corpse of the neko demon.

"It's just a koneko. I think that's was it's mother that Sesshomaru killed. Aww...look at it. It;s eyes are tearing up. InuYasha we should help it."

"Kagome," InuYasha's voice took on a note of exasperation. "We can't go around helping every orphan yokai, ya know. Besides, just because you think it's small and cute doesn't mean it's not dangerous. It's still a demon you know." InuYaha turned to look at the girl who to his utter surprise was babying the little koneko. Not only that but the clearing was now full of little konekos. Some orange and some tan, some spotted and stripped while others were just neutral colors. InuYasha looked down when he felt something brush against his leg. His eyes fell on an orange koneko with matching eyes. It meowed up at him and made his heart melt a little. He reached down to pet the little nuisance. The koneko leaned into his touch and InuYasha picked it up.

The group looked up and around as the soft purring sound grew louder and deeper to resemble a rumbling growl. Their jaws nearly hit the ground at the sight that met their eyes. InuYasha and the koneko he was holding had begun to purr to comfort each other. InuYasha rubbed the koneko on the head between the ears.

InuYasha was brought out of content state when the sound of cooing humans reached his ears. He looked up to see the two females he traveled looking at him with wide eyes and making cooing sounds. He glared when he saw the pipsqueak of a fox and the hentai houshi laughing at his display of affection. "Feh!" he dropped the koneko and turned his back on them. To his growing horror the girls started laughing at him and the koneko started clawing at his leg to be picked up again. The sounds of the koneko's meows made him look down, only to see it backing up. InuYasha trained his ears in the direction of the meows now turned hiss. What his eyes fell on made him pull out his tetsusegia and take up a fighting stance.

Kagome rushed to her knapsack to get her bow and arrows out. This neko didn't look to be to friendly.

The neko stalked into the clearing, its first stop was the dead neko. Its maroon eyed glazed looked around the clearing before it let out a hiss that resembled a growl. It's launched its first attack at the hanyou, he was the biggest threat.

InuYasha swung his sword at the giant neko only to have it dodge and lash out with his claws striking the hanyou in the side.

It screeched in agony when an arrow pierced it's side sending purifying energy throughout his body. The neko collapsed on the ground letting out ear wrenching yowls throughout the air.

InuYasha had just seethed his sword when heart wrenching yowls pierced the air. The konekos had gathered around the fallen purified neko.

"Uhh...guys. I know the konekos are cute but I think that we should get out of here before any more nekos decide to show up in the clearing." Kagome swung her backpack up onto her back. She spared the konekos one last glance before she turned and left the clearing.

Since she was already here she saw no reason to go back to Keade's so she started walking in the direction of the next village.

"Bitch, Keade's hut is the other way. Have you forgotten already?" the hanyou snorted as he easily caught up with her.

"No I have. Since we're already out, we might as well search for the other jewel shards." She kept walking ignoring the inquiring faces of her companions.

InuYasha smirk thinking he had gotten one past Kagome finally after two years. When a whispered word caught his ear and he found himself eating dirt.

"Thanks, I was thinking that we were in an alternate dimension where InuYasha got away with calling you that." Sango said while she back handed the monk whose hand found its way to her back side.

"And the monk obviously thought he could get away with groping you," the kitsune said as he walked beside Kirara.

*****************************

Interrupting your program for an important news bullentin. After weeks of negotation Takahashi Rumiko has decided that she will stop disputing MissNikki's ownership of the following characters, InuYasha. She ended the debate with the following sentence, "I know it, she knows it and you know that she doesn't own InuYasha and so does the rest of the world. It's fruitless to keep disputing it when the world knows and sees the InuYasha and characters registered under my name and not the lunatic's." And now back to your normal program.

"You tricked me. You took my car and left me stranded at the University!" Jewel yelled at his friend through the phone.

Kouga lifted one eyebrow in inquiry at the one-sided conversation he was hearing. He sat back on the couch and enjoyed his cup of Ramen

"For the last time Jewel, I didn't trick you. Nor did I leave you stranded. I told you when you picked me up that the car was at Kouga's and you readily agreed that you still wanted to borrow the car."

Kouga found himself choking on his Ramen. Never in the two years InuYasha had owned the car had he let anyone borrow it. It had to be a trade. But what was worth a '97 Porsche. Especially one as pimped out as his best friends? Kouga waited patiently for InuYasha to get off the phone.

When InuYasha hung up, he turned to look at his friend who was watching him intently. "Before you asked, I traded the car with Jewel for the right to show Kagome around the University."

"So you traded a priceless car to show some bratty highschooler around the school? InuYasha, man, I think your lossing it." Kouga cast unbelieving eyes on his friend.

"I'm not losing it. I'm prefectly sane. The girl was Kagome. Not just any highschooler but the girl of my dreams." He smirked at his friends disbelieving face. "Besides it's only a week. Not a lifetime. I can get by for then."

"I'm hurt InuYasha. I'm your best friend and I've never even got to drive the car." He painted his face into what he hoped was his most pathetic look.

InuYasha did nothing but smiled, which heightened his chagrin. "InuYasha I don't think you see the seriousness of the situation," he began, staring his friend down with a look that spoke volumes in place of his calm voice.

"I don't think you see the humor in the situation, Kouga. The car may open with a key, but it was set up so that if the car was broken into it couldn't be hot-wired."

"How's that possible and what funny about it?"

"You need a password, not a key to start the car and if the ignition wires are disconnected, the car can't be started. Shippo can't drive the car any more then you would have been able to."

Kouga's mouth opened in an 'O' formation, letting no sound escape. He nodded his head in understanding. "So is that what Jewel was mad about?"

InuYasha shook his head. "No, Shippo got arrested. And he was mad because the car was at your house and not the university like he wanted and he wasted about 75 bucks on cab fare."

Kouga again nodded in understanding until another thought hit him. "Why did Jewel get arrested?"

"The low jack system in the car alerted the police of a break in," the violet eyed boy answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Kouga waved his hand and nodded his head in the universal gesture to go on. When the boy in front of him failed to get the gesture he prompted, "Go on."

"Oh," InuYasha said just getting that not every car in the world had the car safety system that his had. "It's also finger print oriented. When Jewel touched the steering wheel, a silent alarm went off."

"Remind me to question you about anything I ever take from you."

"Okay now what were we talking about before Jewel called?" InuYasha went to the refrigerator and took out his favorite pop drink, Sprite.

"I think we were talking about your fabulous night out with the girl you've been stalking. So, what happened? Is she gonna give you a run for your money or did she already put out?"

An annoyed expression settled over his features. "Kouga don't insult her integrity. I nor like or appreciate it. Now if you want to hear what happened you'll sit still and keep your fucked up comments to yourself."

Kouga nodded his head in understand taking the warning half conscientiously. He knew that the only time his friend cussed at him and was serious was when he had stepped over the boundaries of something sacred. "Okay, man. Where did you take her after you got kicked out of the class?" He looked thoughtful for a minute and then added, "You took getting kicked out to an extreme yesterday, huh?"

InuYasha flipped his childhood friend off and flopped down on the chair opposite the couch. He shook his drink and pointed it at his friend.

Kouga opened wide eyes when InuYasha opened it and got a good surprise when nothing happened. Kouga smirked, "Hah! You just can't win today can you?"

"Damn, you're lucky." He turned the bottle to take a sip when it decided to fuzz up and spill all over his face and clothes.

Kouga couldn't stop the bubble of laughter that came up on account of his friends bad luck. "Serves you right," he spurted between breathes of laughter and air.

InuYasha threw the rest of the soda at Kouga who used a throw pillow to block out most of the lemon lime drink. But some still got him in the face, which gave his friend something to laugh about.

A while later when the two were cleaning up, one in each of the bathrooms the flat had, Jewel called back. Since neither answered the phone he left a message on the machine. "Hey dog man, bring Ookami and come down to Ramen Mania. Three chicks called and they want to met me. I can't handle three of them by myself so I want you two to come and help. You can have to two I don't want. I have to go. See you two, tonight. One love!"

When InuYasha came into the livingroom in a new shirt he failed to notice the flashing red light on the answering machine. A few minutes later Kouga reentered the living wearing one of InuYasha's better t-shirts.

"You just had to pick out one of my favorite shirts. Didn't you?" InuYasha said eyeing his companion.

Kouga finished buttoning the last button on the bottom of the shirt and glance up at his friend before making his way to the answering machine. "Well the other one's didn't suit my taste. And besides what's a better trade than Armani for Armani?" He pressed the button to listen to the message on his friends answering machine.

"You're nosey, did you know that? When someone leaves a message, it's usually for me." InuYasha sighed and pointed back to the answering machine, gesturing to his friend to press play again so that he could listen to the message.

"Oh so now you want to listen to Shippo invite us to entertain girls he doesn't know at the Ramen Mania tonight."

"You heard all that, while I was talking to you?" InuYasha looked exasperated.

He nodded it. "I learned to tune you out. Well are we going? You can drive if you want to go." Kouga sat on the arm of the couch.

"You can drive. I just don't want to be kicked out for speaking my mind." InuYasha made his way to the balcony.

Kouga got up and headed for the door. "If your coming I suggest you get up and follow me. I'm not waiting. And any wisecrack directed at me is not speaking your mind so I suggest you buckle your seatbelt. Got it."

InuYasha grabbed a jacket and made a beeline for the door. Walking into it when Kouga shut the door behind him.

"Damn, no shit," InuYasha responded when Kouga called 'watch out for that door,' from the other side. InuYasha rubbed his head while opening the door and locking it behind him. When he got outside Kouga was already in the car revving the engine. He jumped into the passenger seat and gave his friend a look that bespoke his displeasure.

"I would appreciate a warning before you shut the door in my face. Not after I walk into it." He reached for his seatbelt and continued to 'speak his mind', "I know this may be hard for you to undersatnd but a lot of us like to be warned before bodily harm is issued, especially when it's on the recieving end of their so called best friend." He feigned a hurt look.

Kouga contrived one that bespoke InuYasha's, "I'm hurt that you think I would hurt you deliberately."

"So that kicking out of the car was an accident not meant to inflict any pain?" he said one eyebrow lifted.

"It was meant to make a point. That you're always safer in a car wearing a seatbelt, especially when you have a smart mouth."

"I don't have a smart mouth," InuYasha undid his seatbelt and hoisted himself up to reach into his back pocket. "I was simply stating a point earlier. That as I have learned you don't agree with." He pulled out his cell phone and set it to vibrate. "But how you can miss this car a mile away is beyond me." He didn't have time to react as the door was suddenly opened and he was airbourne again before hitting the ground.

This time instead of driving off, Kouga parked the car in a parking space about ten feet from the restaurant. He leaned over and shut the door his friend had just exited. And turning off the engine he got out and locked his door.

"One of these days your going to seriously hurt me," he dusted the dirt of his clothing and made his way to the restaurant's door with his best friend.

When they got inside Shippo looked bemused, with three girls surrounding him jabbering on. InuYasha recognized on as his nephews ex-girlfriend. On who had her eye on him for sometime now. InuYasha poked Kouga in the side and turned to the door when on of the girls spotted them and called out to his best friend, causing them both to freeze in their places.

Eri was having a great time. She couldn't wait for the other to boys to get there, that way she could have Shippo all to herself. She turned to the sound of the bell ringing on the door and spotted the boy from the highway and her mentors boyfriend, Kouga. He had picked Sango up after the study hall was over. "Hello Kouga-sempai. Who's your friend?"

Kouga turned slowly around tugging InuYasha with him. "This is Kyo," gesturing to InuYasha and then gesturing to Eri said. "And this is Eri-san. She's Sango's highschool mentee."

InuYasha waved at the girl and the other two as they were introduced by Jewel who sat there smiling. When he slid in to the booth, it looked at if two of the girls lost interest in what ever conversation they had been having in favor of starting a new one, with him. He looked back and forth between the two girls named, Eri and Yuka while they jabber on about a friend they would have loved him to meet if she hadn't been sick.

He looked across the table at his two friends. Kouga was looking boredly into his drink and Jewel was looking interested in the third female at the table, or rather into her cleavage. He sighed looking at his watch, it was almost midnight and his plans to call Kagome would have to wait until later. 'This was going to be a long night,' he thought to himself with a sigh.

MissNikki: Long boring chapter. Well not really long but boring none the less. Next chapter will be longer and more boring, when Kyo and InuYasha meet. And as an after thought I just want to let you know that this story is taking place in the same time frame as Rumiko's Takahashi's. So they are in 1997, which would be the year that Kagome turned 17. Well see you next time. Love MNAnd to: [the reviewer], I do not feel as thought I'm painting my self into a corner having two InuYasha's. Niether with be short changed, if you stick with the story you'll find out why. *rolls eyes* anyway, who would stand on the wall they're painting?