InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two InuYashas ❯ A Quick Errand and a Big Mistake ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MissNikki's Notes: I'm sorry that I haven't updated in awhile and for that I bet I lost a lot of you faithful readers. Dell's computer's suck ass! I was damn near done with a chapter when the damn thing exploded. I've been waiting for them to send me a replacement system and now that they have I will update diligently till the stories are complete.

 

A Quick Errand and a Big Mistake

InuYasha has taken to the trees shortly after the spell had worn off and there he stayed, keeping an eye on the group and the surrounding area. They had been walking most of the day and now could see the moon rising above the horizon. Kagome had been the one to suggest they settle in the small clearing that they were approaching now, after Sango gave Miroku a knot to remember. InuYasha sat in a tree watching Kagome roll out her sleeping bag and gathering bath supplies for her and Sango to bathe in a near by hot spring.

Relaxing in the hot spring, Kagome put her head against the rock at her back letting her eyes drift close. Sometime later Sango had risen and dressed. She waited awhile for Kagome who seemed lost in her own thoughts.

"Kagome do you want me to wait for you?"Sango waited for a response. When Kagome failed to answer her she tapped the girl on the shoulder.

Startled by the sudden contact Kagome slipped under water in preparation to defend herself. Only to be pulled back to the surface by the arms. Looking up she meet the brown eyes of the demon exterminator. "Sango you scared me. What's wrong?"

The girl sighed and shook her head before answering. "I was talking to you and you just ignored me. What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing. Gomen. I didn't mean to ignore you. I was just absorbed in my own thoughts." Kagome shook her head and turned to stare into the spring. "If your done you can go back to the camp. I'll just be awhile longer."

The young demon exterminator shook her head again and turned and left the spring. Entering the clearing she walked over to wear Kirara was curled up near Shippo. The monk sat sleeping with his staff tuck into the crook of his arm, under the tree that InuYasha currently occupied. Laying down her supplies she slipped into the matting that she used as bedding. Before long she was fast asleep.

InuYasha watched Sango enter the clearing without Kagome. Figuring the girl was not far behind he didn't question Sango about her whereabouts. He soon grew anxious when she still failed to return to the clearing. Not bothering to wake Sango he took off for the hot spring. Arriving he saw the girl sitting on the bank with her knees tucked against her chest and her arms wrapped securely around them. InuYasha prepared to approach her until he noticed for the first time that she hadn't dressed. He hopped silently into a tree to watch her and assist her incase she needed help.

Kagome contemplated telling InuYasha that she had to go back to her time, with just leaving and having him figure it out himself. She cocked her head ever so slightly to the side when the soft sound of footsteps gliding over fallen leaves reached her ears. When the foot steps stopped and the sound of a gently creaking was heard she came to the conclusion that the intruder was no other then InuYasha checking on her, most likely because she hadn't returned to the clearing after Sango. She decided not to move and let him come to her.

After some time and not sound or movement from either, Kagome decided she'd make the first move. She rose and begin to dress. Once finished she left the spring but did not head for the clearing. She headed back in the direction of the well, she figured that this would be easier then just leaving or telling him.

InuYasha watched as she dressed, making sure not to make a sound lest she hear him. When she left the clearing InuYasha figured to beat her back , so she wouldn't know he was gone. Standing, he prepared to make the first leap but was thwarted when she looked back at him. He was sure she couldn't see him because of the shadows. Watching her carefully before making a move he realized that she was not headed for the clearing but back in the direction they had come. He let her get a sizable lead on him before following. They traveled for some time when she took an abrupt turn and started running. Before he had even notice where they were heading Kagome was at the well, turning to look back only as she was disappearing behind the lip. InuYasha swore before he following her into the well and to the future.

Kagome pulled herself out of the well and into the well house. Before she reached the door she was grabbed abruptly from behind. Letting out a frustrated sigh she let her self sigh in defeat.

With a chuckle Kyo whispered in her ear, "I would have figured a girl would scream being grabbed from behind in a dark room."

Eyes widening she stiffened and made a move to turn around. Kagome immediately stopped as she heard the sounds coming from the well. "Dammit!"

"That's not the response I usually get," he said letting the girl go.

"Come, follow me . And be quick!" With that Kagome ran from the well and into the house, with Kyo on her heels. Once inside the house Kagome ran up the stairs and into her room. When Kyo got there she pushed him to sit on the bed and closed the door behind him.

He grinned at her,"This is rather abrupt, don't you think? Your straight to the point."

She sent him a glare as she looked out the window. Not seeing InuYasha out there didn't calm her. Just because she didn't see him didn't mean he wasn't out there. Turning back to the guy now reclining on her bed. "You have to do me a favor. You have to go to the bathroom and lock the door behind you. Stay there until I call you." She looked him in the eye. "Don't question it just do it."

Kyo thought it was a strange request but he went along with it. In the bathroom he looked around and took a seat on the edge of the tub waiting to be called on again.

Back in her room Kagome opened the window and waited for InuYasha to enter, which he wasted not time doing.

"Kagome, I don't know what the fuck your trying to pull but you can't just take off in the middle of the night. What the hell were you thinking? What if you would have run into an angry or hungry demon?"

Kagome scoffed, "Like you would have let it within a hair width of me. I knew you were behind me the whole way." She looked up to she him red faced.

InuYasha was at a lost of words. If she knew he had followed her from the spring did she also know that he watched her get dressed? He rather not know. He took in a deep breathe and cleared his throat. "Kagome why didn't you just tell me that you wanted to come back to your time?"

She looked at him and in a serious voice asked, "Would you have let me? Even if I didn't have a particular reason for coming back here?"

InuYasha exploded, " NO! Of course I wouldn't have let you come back to your fucking time. Especially with not specific reasons. Why the fuck would I let you back here, bitch? We haven't," InuYasha was briefly interrupted when Kagome's angry words sent him crashing to the floor. But he didn't let that dissuade him. "We haven't even found any jewel shards yet."

Kyo got to Kagome's bed room door just as she went on her angry tirade. The loud crash had given him caused worry.

"InuYasha if I have to tell you one more time not to call me a bitch I'll sit you till you can stand! I don't know what's wrong with you, I would have been back before the sun rose the next day. Your such an ass hole. I'm sick and tired of you." Kagome turned just as her bedroom door opened. Prepared to apologize for waking anyone up she was brought up short when no one other than Kyo entered the room.

"Kagome I haven't called you a bitch. Are you alright?" Kyo entered the room and closed the door behind him. He looked down at the figure on the floor and froze.

"Uh, I can explain." Kagome spurted the words before thinking, `No I can. The shit I get myself into.'

Before she got a chance to speak again, Kyo dashed from the room and out the house. Leaving the one of the two remaining occupants in confusion and the other in angry confusion.

"Kagome?! Who the fuck was that? And don't play dumb, it won't help you." InuYasha pulled himself up to look Kagome in the eye. It would be easier to tell if she was lying or not.

Kagome looked around nervously before answering. "I, uh, well. At first I thought he was you but..." Her voice trailed off as InuYasha took hold of her arms.

"Kagome, what the fuck are you talking about. You thought he was.." InuYasha stopped. Taking a deep whiff of the lingering scent he recognized the scent. It was a little different but it was the scent he had grown accustom to. On the morning after the new moon this was the scent that lingered on Kagome. And now he was smelling it coming from the lowly human. Who was he and what did he want?

Kyo stopped running once he got to the steps of the shrine. He looked back to see the light in Kagome's room turn off and a shadowy figure leap toward the well house. Going down the steps of the shrine he headed toward his car that was parked three blocks away. He had questions that would have to wait till later. One of them being who the fuck was that on her bed room floor?

Kyo was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he failed to see the shadowy figure take to the trees and follow him.

 

MissNikki Authors Note: How was this chapter? Did it live up to your expectations or should I revise and reload? I hope your glad I'm back. Oh yeah the disclaimer: I do not will not and will never not own InuYasha. I know it's sad to hear but he'll never be yours.