InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two InuYashas ❯ She's Mine Not Yours ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MissNikki's Notes: I hope you enjoyed that last chapter. This chapter will be shorter and not nearly as `eventful' * looks skyward* but I hope you enjoy this one just as much.

 

She's Mine Not Yours

InuYasha exited the house leaving Kagome standing speechless in the dark. He had told her that he would come back for her later, that he needed time for himself. Standing in the tree near the well Kagome's window he spotted the stranger standing near the stairs at the end of the shrine. Seeing the stranger look at him whether incidently or consciously he leap from the tree and ran toward the well house. When InuYasha's ears picked up the sound of footsteps going down the steps he turned and took to the trees again. He wanted to know more about this guy who shared his scent. InuYasha stayed to the trees and out of sight to avoid coming in contact with any humans, including the one he was following. The last thing he needed was for the prey to become aware of the hunter.

Kyo sighed as he walked down the busy street with his head bowed. When he reached the block with his car on it, he paused and looked around not particularly waiting for anything. Awhile later he walked over to the driver's side of the car and slide behind the wheel. Starting the engine someone startled him when the passenger side door opened and an unidentified body slide in.

Kagome stood momentarily frozen to her spot, even when InuYasha turned off her light and left through the window. Thinking fast she grabbed her coat and headed for the stairs and out of the house. Thinking that InuYasha had gone back to the Sengoku Jadai she opted for following Kyo. Getting down the steps of the shrine Kagome spotted Kyo half way down the block, pacing her self to catch up with him before he got to where he was going she was grateful when she saw him stop beside a nice looking car as if admiring it. She was almost on him when he started walking again, this time to the driver side of the parked vehicle and hopped in. Catching up just as he started the engine she opened the passenger door and slide into the seat. "Nice car," Kagome turned to face a surprised Kyo. She shook her head to clear it. She could have sworn that claws were starting to form on the tips of his fingers.

"Kagome, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be home in bed?" Kyo put the car back in park and turned to watch the girl beside him.

"I just wanted to talk to you. Can we go back to your place?" Kagome fidgeted a little more of an old habit rather than being nervous.

Using her question as an outlet to gain back his cool, he responded with a smirk. "I thought I'd never hear you say that. I'd be happy to take you back to my place," delivering an innuendo.

Kagome rolled her eye but not before rolling her hand into a fist and socking him in the thigh. "You'll never learn, will you?"

Kyo turned on the headlights and failed to notice the eyes that flashed when the lights hit them as he pulled away from the curb.

InuYasha had perched in a tree watching the pair until they made their move. He didn't trust the human that Kagome was with but he couldn't make his move until he knew what the stranger wanted. When they pulled away from the curb InuYasha followed sticking to the trees and well out of sight. He didn't want anyone to notice him before the time was right, least of all Kagome.

The ride to his apartment was quiet and uneventful. He parked his car on the street as usual and headed around to where Kagome stood on the side walk. They both headed upstairs to his apartment. Once inside Kagome sat down on the couch as Kyo went to the kitchen to get them something to drink.

"So what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" he took a seat opposite her, handing her the soda.

"Arigotoo," she cleared her throat and arranged her thoughts before continuing. "Nani were you doing in the well house?"

Kyo took a sip of his soda and decided it would be best if he distracted her instead. "Kagome, what I want to know is what you were doing in the well house that late at night?" He hide a smile as she straightened slightly and narrowed her eyes.

Kagome bristled at his tone. What the hell was he trying to insinuate? "Nani the hell is that suppose to mean? I don't know what your getting at demo I'm going to warn you! Don't bite off more than you can chew!"

"I wasn't trying to imply anything Kagome. It was an honest question," `meant to distract you,' he thought to himself. "An honest question that you didn't answer."

His voice was gentle but it did little to calm Kagome's frayed nerves. "Don't try to distract me," she voiced his thoughts out loud. "I asked you a direct question and your trying to avoid answering it. What were you doing at the shrine, let alone in the well house?" She gave him a look that said she meant business.

Sighing in resignation he move to sit next to her, "You wouldn't believe me it I told you."

"Try me," was the girls only response.

Turning to face her, he decided to give it a try. "Here goes nothing. As a child I was told stories of the shrine by my grandparents. The stories had been passed down from generation to generation. I never beli..." he was cut of by the girl beside him

"Gomen demo I fail to see this as an answer to my question. Try again." She crossed her arms over her chest.

Deciding it was best that she not know what he went to the shrine he opted for another diversion tact.

InuYasha sat on the balcony and watched the pair on the couch. Kagome didn't seem to be in good temperament, if her posture was any indication. He had watch the human change seats to sit next to Kagome. The conversation they were having seemed to be going at a snails pace from his position outside.

Kagome was stunned as Kyo took her in his arms and his lips descended on hers. This was not what she expected. `What was so bad about what he had done for him to take such method to distract her?' Stiffening she prepared to push him away.

InuYasha's gazed started to wonder as he waited for the prime opportunity to strike. Out of the corner of his eye he caught the quick movement within the room. Growling InuYasha broke through the glass.

Kyo felt the shift in Kagome's posture as he worked his lips across hers. He knew she was going to pull out of his grasp and she wasn't' going to be happy about his bold move.

Kagome never got the chance to make her move as a loud crashing sound made the pair jump apart. Turning they spied an irrate hanyou standing in front of what has once been glass doors leading to the balcony.

Kagome turned to look at Kyo who sat frozen beside her, before turning to look at the growling inu hanyou. She gasped as she saw blood dripping from the ends of his sleeves. She jumped up and ran around the end of the couch to see where the hanyou was bleeding from. Ignoring the growling the emitted from InuYasha she checked him for injuries.

InuYasha pinned the human who had dared touch what he considered his with a deadly glare. (why do they call it that? I mean I've never seen anyone die from being glared at) He let a warning growl vibrate through him before he spoke. "She mine. Don't touch her again!" With that said InuYasha picked up Kagome up and tossed her over his shoulder ignoring both her protest and the slight pain that shot through his arm. Turning with his claim he exited the condo the same way he entered via the balcony.

Kyo stayed stuck to his spot for a while until it dawned on him that what ever the fuck that was the broke into his apartment had also taken Kagome with him. Racing to the balcony he spotted a red figure a few hundred feet away. Glancing around he made sure there was not one watching before he jumped off the balcony and took off racing after the monster that had taken the girl of his dreams.

Leaping from tree to tree, building to building InuYasha ignored Kagome's rambling about him being her. He couldn't believe that she had snuck off or tried to be with a lowly human. And to make it worse a cheap imitation of his human self.

Kagome gave up trying to find out where the hanyou was hurt as a lost cause. The wound would have healed by now leaving his body to fight off the infection if any. She shifted slightly in the hanyou grasp to make herself more comfortable. She knew it would be futile trying to talk to him until they got back to the shrine or if he had his way the Sengoku Jadai. Silently Kagome watched the ground travel by at a dizzying speed. Looking up to shake off the wave of dizziness that settled over her like a cloak.

Gasping Kagome shook her head trying to clear her vision. `I have got to be hallucinating,' she thought to herself as she looked out to see Kyo following at a slower dizzying speed. "This can't be happening. Not to me off all people. Two years ago I was living a boring, yet normal life. Now this."

InuYasha ignored her babbling and leap up the shrine steps. Using her apparent distraction he raced toward the well house.

The last thing Kagome saw was Kyo landing at the top of the stairs with the sunrise at his back before she disappeared into the well house and into the well. `Well even if I wasn't hallucinating there's no way that he could follow us through the well.'

InuYasha sat her down once they had reached there destination. Now he was ready to deal with her.

Once Kagome's feet touched the ground she turned and headed toward the campsite Leaving an infuriated InuYasha to follow. The sun had almost fully risen and she was dog tired. Know she wasn't going to get the rest she wanted she headed toward were the others were no doubt rising wondering were she was.

Kyo had just entered the well house when a bright light coming from the vicinity of the well dim down and went out. Believing his eyes were playing tricks on him he searched the house for another door. Finding none her turned back to the well. Peering into it he saw nothing but dark. Thinking that there maybe a door down there he decided to go down. Sighing in exasperation he seated himself on the lip of the well and swung his feet over. Casting a quick glance around he push himself of the edge and into the well.

MissNikki's End Notes: Well how was that chapter. I will update this story on Tuesday, December 7, 2004. Until then Check out my other stories if you haven't already. If you like poetry I have some posted on www.FictionPress.net, check it out. Otherwise sit back read Human Compensation by Whisperingmoon and chill. Love MN