InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two InuYashas ❯ Just Another Chapter ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MissNikki's Note: Okay. I meant to upload that last chapter on Thursday but I decided I wasn't moving till it was time to go to class. Yeah I could have uploaded it during class but I forgot the disk. But to make up for it I made this chapter longer and I didn't leave a 'cliff hanger' *sways back and forth whistling* I hope you enjoy it and have a nice day.

Just Another Chapter

InuYasha followed after the girl that sluggishly made her way toward the campsite she deserted at nearly midnight. He could tell she was tired by the way her shoulders slumped and her scent. 'I hope she doesn't think because she's tired that I'm going to let her off the hook or out of searching for the jewel shards.' Reaching the edge of the clearing before entering the dense forest surrounding it he cast a glance over his shoulder at the well.

Casting a quick glance around Kyo push himself off the edge and into the well. As if time had slowed down, he sank into the darkness of the well and a blue light engulfed him. When Kyo's feet touched the ground with a soft thud, he looked around for a door that they could have gone through on the walls of the soft wooden sides of the well. He overlooked to the vines taking over the walls of the well. Not spotting a door he heaved a sigh of resignation. "I guess he got away for now," muttering as he scratched his head. Looking up Kyo noticed the sky above head. 'What happened to the roof?' he asked himself as he climbed out of the well.

Once outside the well he took in his surrounding of a small clearing and trees. 'Where am I?' he started walking in no specific direction. 'Where's the well house? And the shrine? What the fuck is going on here?' Following a path that lead away from the clearing, he looked around deciding he would be alright in the trees. Leaping into a nearby tree he took a deep breathe in through his nose. Catching the scent of Kagome he followed it.

Spotting Kagome on the ground, a couple of few yards ahead of him, rolling up a sleeping bag he speed up to watch her from a tree closer to the clearing she stood. Stopping on branch opposite the girl he watched her pack a large yellow backpack. He was glad to see she was alright. Breathing through his nose he caught the scent of the guy who had brought her to this place. Looking around the clearing he saw two other people in the clearing, one currently being slapped, a cat with more than one tail and a small child with a tail, but no man with dog ears. Turn to search beyond the clearing he came face to face with an amber eyed creature with silvery white hair. Yelping like a wounded animal he jumped from the tree and into the clearing.

At the yip Sango turned to locate the hanyou as did the rest of the group. Spotting him on the ground looking up at a tree she followed his graze to the tree. Her breathe caught and her throat. Turning to the monk beside her she tapped him with one had while pointing to the strangely dressed InuYasha.

Miroku turned to look at Sango, upon seeing the stunned look on her face he turned to see what she was pointing at. "Oi, InuYasha what are you wearing?"

Kyo turned to look at the man dressed in black and purple robes. "How the fuck do you know my name?"he cast dubious eyes on the fellow in front of him.

The monk blinked at the question and looked questioningly at the stunned girl at his side. Turning back to look at the strangely dressed and obvious confused boy in the middle of the clearing.

Hearing the question Shippo looked at the guy in the middle of the clearing. "Kagome why is InuYasha in his human form in the daylight," he tugged at Kagome's pant leg.

"Not only in the daylight but it's no where near the new moon," a still gapping Sango added.

Distractedly Kagome shrugged and mumbled her answer without turning. "I don't know." Absorbed in her own thoughts she ignored the gasp and growls from her companions.

Turning toward the only person in the clearing that he know Kyo rushed to Kagome's side. "Kagome, where the fuck are we?"

 The question drew her out of her stupor causing her brow to crease slightly. "We're in the clearing. Why?" Kagome turned to face the boy. Caught off guard by the sight that greeted her she jumped back and with a quick short scream, resembling a yip. Looking around the clearing she saw the rest of the group looking at her. Not spotting who she was looking for she turned her sight up the trees she spotted a growling InuYasha. Turning back to Kyo, "What are you doing here? Your not suppose to be here?"

"I was looking for you. I was going to save you from..."

Kagome interrupted him. "Save me from what? You have to leave you can't..." Kagome was interrupted by a figure stepping in front of her.

 InuYasha leap from the tree to stand between the human and Kagome. "Kagome who the fuck is he and why the hell is he following you?"

"Uh, he's just a friend InuYasha. Nothing more." Kagome fidgeted under he's intense gaze, out of a nervous old habit. After a few moment she looked up into his eyes, it became strikingly aware of where she was and who had joined her. At that moment it was then that the query hit her. Voicing her question out loud just as the rest of the group came to a similar realization and turned the thought into a question, "How the fuck did he get through the damn well.

Every one turned to look at the very human looking InuYasha dressed in clothes similar to those from Kagome's time. They studied him slightly with mouth agape and eyes wide.

Shrugging under everyone's acute stare he answered the hanyou in front of him giving him a lethal glare. "The same fucking way you brung Kagome here, you asshole. And you owe me a new glass door."

InuYasha let a warning growl out as he took a step closer to the human that stood before him mouthing off.

"NO! InuYasha don't! Can we just settle down and get this sorted out." She waited for the angry hanyou to look at her before she continued. "Please InuYasha. For me?" Kagome cast her best puppy dog expression on the inu hanyou in front of her. Crossing her arms in front of her and joining her hands she gently swung her upper body from side to side.

Grudgingly InuYasha leap into a tree and sat down watching the intruding human.

"Arigatoo, InuYasha. Now if the rest of you will have a seat." Kagome turned to the rest of the group she traveled with.

"Actually if your handing out seducing looks I'll take one," the monk spoke before the taijya knock him to the ground using her fist.

Turning toward Kyo she asked him to sit also.

Kyo cast a look over his shoulder and at the dog -eared man sitting there, before walking to a tree oppose it. Looking at Kagome he decided it would be best if he climbed the tree and didn't leap. Turning to face the tree he looked down at his hands and waited the short period it took for his nails to turn into claws at his will and dug them into the tree. He climbed to a branch about that was about even with InuYasha's and complied with Kagome's request. Looking across the clearing at the hanyou that referred to as InuYasha he found the guy glaring at him, yet again.

"Arigatoo, Kyo." Kagome sat at the base of a tree across from Sango and the monk and perpendicular to the trees that InuYasha and Kyo currently occupied. "Now that we are all settled, I'll answer any questions you have that I can."

Simultaneously the two perched in the trees asked, "Who the fuck is he?" before turning to glare at each other.

Clearing her throat she brung their attention back to her before going on, "Kyo is a guy from my time that I met while viewing a college campus. Actually I thought he was you," she looked at InuYasha.

"How the fuck could you have confused him for me? Bitch how dumb are you?"

The group from the Sengoku Jadai waited for what they know would come. Kagome may have lightened up over the years but that was on thing she still couldn't tolerate.

"InuYasha, ouswarii!" she waited for his face to hit the ground before continuing.

"InuYasha is a hanyou from the Sengoku Jadai. This is Sango, Miroku, Shippo and the cat is Kirara." She pointed to the specified person as she went.

As the spell wore off InuYasha jumped up and looked at the girl calmly explaining to the stranger where he was. "What the fuck was that for?"

Glaring, "I told you I don't like being called bitch. And yet you continue to do it. Now will you sit down and behave?"

InuYasha sat at the base of the tree he had occupied. Watching Kagome and listening for her to go on. She regaled them with how she had met the one she called Kyo.

"Kagome-sama, do you think that..." Miroku started.

"At first I wasn't sure. And then I started to suspect but now I'm sure if anything. I think that's how he was able to come through the well."

"What the hell are you two talking about?" Kyo and InuYasha asked simultaneously.

Shaking her head she answered. Looking at InuYasha then Kyo, "I believe that Kyo is InuYasha's reincarnation."

They both looked at each other wide eyed. Immediately they both took off in different directions. Ending up at opposite sides of the river.

InuYasha leap into a tree and chose a branch that over hung the river before taking a seat. He lazily scratched at the bark of the tree he occupied and thought over all that had been said in the few hours they had been back. In a couple of hours, if things were normal Kagome, him and the group they traveled with would be looking for an appropriate campsite to take lunch. A slight scowl settled over his features, 'A reincarnation. This is new.' Slowly the scowl was replaced by a thoughtful countenance. 'I never considered that I wouldn't continue living once I was released from the tree, let alone been born in Kagome's time,' a smirk covered his face only to be replaced by a look of forlorn. 'This means I die.' The hanyou sat and let it all sink in missing one little fact.

Looking around Kyo leap into a tree with branches the overhung the river. Selecting a wide thick branch and sat down placing one leg on either side. Kyo thought over all that had happened since he had snuck to the shrine to make sure it was where the girl lived. Looking at his watch he noticed the hour approaching 11 a.m. He wrinkled his face in a scowl before scratching at the bark with a lengthened nail, 'I'm the reincarnation of that beast with no manners? This is new.' Smoothly his expression changed from angry to curious wonder. 'All the stories I had been told are true. It seems I was destined to meet Kagome!' The grin slowly slid off his face, taking it's place an anguished expression. 'For me to be meeting my per incarnation that means something had gone wrong. Or is going to.'

Sango helped Kagome pack up the forgotten objects and take out what was needed to prepare the noon meal. Kagome looked up at the lite sky judging the time to be nearly noon. She had sat in the clearing for half an hour answering the other's question after both incarnations disappeared. She expected InuYasha to return soon, if not both.

Kagome picked up her bucket and walked to the stream they had camped near. Leaning over she dipped out a portion of water. Setting the bucket on the bank she leaned back over the water. Using her hands she splashed her face with some of the cool water to help clear her head. Opening her eyes she watched her reflection. She immediately noted something was not right when her mirror image opened it's eyes after her and they were brown. She moved to back up but was too late as she was pulled into the stream. Resurfacing Kagome screamed alerting her companions to her distress.

Kikyo watched the girl wonder away from the campsite. She was slightly disappointed to see that the hanyou wasn't there. Shrugging it off she decided to follow the imitation miko. Seeing an opportunity to rid the hanyou of her young reincarnation she cast her image in place of the girl's reflection. When her newly embodied soul opened it's eyes, using her soul catchers she pulled the girl into the stream. Satisfied Kikyo turned her back and left.

Hearing Kagome's scream InuYasha's ears perked up drawing him out of his self imposed stupor. He didn't know how long he'd been sitting there but his limbs felt as though they had fallen to sleep. InuYasha quickly shook it off knowing Kagome needed him. Racing toward were he heard the scream arise he noticed the imposing human racing toward him. InuYasha spotted Kagome sitting on the shore, turning his attention to her.

Kyo turned his head to the side as he heard a splash. Noticing that he had been sitting without moving for sometime he stood to alleviate the tension in his limbs. He was stopped mid stretch as a scream caught his ears. Not wasting any time he took off in the direction of the outcry. Seeing Kagome sitting on the bank of the river he looked around to see if there was anyone else around. Spotting his alternate self, he ignored his presence and raced toward the shivering girl.

Kagome shook her head trying to figure just what had happened. She remembered kneeling on the bank and all that had happened but still it had caught her off guard. Feeling someone's eyes on her she looked up to see Kyo and InuYasha kneeling on either side of her.

Kyo shrugged out of his coat and wrapped it around Kagome. He blatantly ignored the dog-eared person on her other side. Casting all his attention on the stricken girl, he neglected to notice InuYasha shift closer.

InuYasha waited for the human to finish his show of affection before he scooped up the shaking girl and carted her off to the abandoned campsite. Taking a whiff of the air around him, he smelled the others coming to join them. Deciding that he wanted Kagome to answer his questions before the others could fawn over her he took to the trees bypassing the taijya, monk, monoke and kitsune. After a while he felt as if he was being followed, and kept casting glances over his shoulder. Seeing noone each time he continued on to the clearing.

Kyo watched the hanyou for a moment before taking to the trees and following. He followed at a safe distance so neither would notice the flying leaps he took. Occasionally he jumped to higher branches when InuYasha looked back. Kyo looked down as he passed the others that Kagome apparently traveled with. Nearing the clearing he leap to a higher branch as the demon looked over his shoulder a final time before entering the clearing. Leaving the trees he took to the ground and entered the clearing as InuYasha rekindled the fire and sat her next to it.

Walking to stand next to the girl he sat back on his hunches. "Kagome what happened back there?" Kyo asked ignoring the glare that was shot his way from the other occupant of the clearing.

Shaking her head Kagome sorted her answer out in her head. "I was washing my face and gathering water in from the stream. When I opened my eyes my reflection's eyes were still closed. When they opened they weren't my eyes staring back at me. The eyes were a murky brown and blank. It was as if they were out to get me." Kagome wrapped the jacket Kyo had given her tighter around her. "Now that I think about it the face wasn't mine. But before I got a chance to get away something reached out of the water and pulled me in. I cried out when I was carried back to the surface but was only dragged back under soon after. When I finally got free I swam to the surface." Kagome yawned and let her shoulders slump a little.

InuYasha got up and rolled out her sleeping bag, when he turned back to get Kagome he notice the human had already picked her up and was carrying her to it. He decided to trust him for now. He didn't seem to be a threat. As soon as the young miko had drifted off to sleep, he turned his attention to the boy sitting in a nearby tree.

"Oi, come here a minute will you?" it sounded more like a command then a request. When the boy stood InuYasha decided he would rather talk with him up there instead of on the ground. Leaping to stand in front of him he cast a look over his shoulder to look at Kagome. Moving to another branch in the same tree that over looked the clearing he took a seat.

"What did you want," Kyo asked seating himself back against the tree. He keep his voice low enough to be heard by his tree companion but not to wake the sleeping girl.

InuYasha sighed before continuing. "I know who pushed Kagome into the river," he waited to be acknowledge before continuing.

Kyo looked at the silvered haired boy, "Who?" The anger and worry was evident in his voice. He wanted to rip who ever did it to shreds. 'Who they be stupid enough to come here to try to finish the job?' he thought to himself.

"Kagome's per incarnation."

This caught the boy off guard. His mouth opened and closed several times as if to say something before closing it again, as thoughts chased each other through his head.

The pair sat in silence for a while before either spoke. InuYasha was the first to speak.

"The others are on they're way back. I don't want them to know what happened so keep your mouth closed."

Narrowing his eyes Kyo nodded his head. "Fine but you have to do me a favor too," he waited for the man to guy to nod his head for him to go on before continuing. "I don't want Kagome left by herself. Every time she leaves the group I want one of us with her. Whether she knows it or not."

"That sounds like exactly what I had in mind." InuYasha stood and leap to a tree across the clearing and settled down as the rest of the group entered looking slightly confused. He watch Sango and Shippo heave a sigh of relief as they saw the sleeping girl shift in her sleep. He glance up and saw the human him playing sleep. Nodding his head in agreement he closed his eyes and evened out his breathe.

As they settle back into the clearing, Sango quietly places water over the fire for the noon meal as not to wake Kagome or the others. Bending over the large yellow bag to search for the cups of Ramen she felt a hand on her butt and immediately unbend send the monk crashing to the ground.

"Sango-sama, forgive me. Your beauty held me captive, yet again. I couldn't help myself." The monk rubbed his aching cheek letting a surprised smile slide across his accosted features.

InuYasha letting his ears twitch back and forth occasionally catching the human across from him take a deep breathe. Catching the sound of racing foot steps he opened his eyes. Looking across the clearing he saw Kyo looking over his shoulder, in the direction the sounds had come from.

Before Kyo could turn around, he felt himself yanked from the tree and propelled in the direction the smell was coming from. Yanking free of the grasp that held him he raced beside the hanyou hoping to head off who ever it was heading there way at an unbelievable speed.

InuYasha landed in a clearing just in front of his rival. Swiveling an ear toward the human who landed beside him. 'He may just be useful after all,' he thought to himself reflecting on the speed and strength in which the boy had pulled away from him.

Kyo was brought up short when the small group of wolves entered the clearing with no other than his best friend leading them. "Kouga?"

Kouga failed to notice that the InuYasha that stood before him was human in addition to there being two of them.

"Yes inu kuro. Now where is my woman?"

InuYasha snorted being the wolves attention to him. "She not yours. Now fucking get lost if you value your pathetic excuse of a shitty life."

Kouga blinked rapidly, switching he gaze from one smelly dog to another. "How are you pulling this trick. Why are there two of you?"

"None of your damn business. Not get lost you mangy wolf." InuYasha bared his fangs with his hand on the hilt of his sword.

At his move the wolves that followed Kouga attacked.

Kyo charge forward with InuYasha at his side. Taking out several wolves before they reached Kouga. "Get out of here and take your tails with you!" they growled simultaneously.

Kouga was brought out of his stupor by the smell of his comrades bleeding on the ground. Turning his eyes to the human copy of InuYasha he attacked thinking to take out the weaker of the two.

Kyo jumped back but not before landing a punch to the side of the demons face. As the wolf made a move to attack again he jumped into the air, flipping over the ookami youkai head kicking him in the back.

Kouga was momentarily stunned as his face met the ground courtesy of a worthless human. Jumping to his feet he spun and faced his enemy. The few wolves that still stood regrouped behind him. Letting out a serious of short yips and howls he raced toward the pair at the opposite side of the clearing.

InuYasha raised his sword in preparation only to have his hair blown back by the wind that was caused as the demon went pass and into the surrounding forest. Turning to look at Kyo he found the human watching him with raised eyebrows.

"Will he be back?" Kyo rolled his shoulders and cracked his knuckles with anticipation.

InuYasha shook his head, "No. He knows when he's defeated."

His mouth opened in a 'O' of disappointment before turning to follow the youkai back to the clearing.

Upon entering the clearing the found the monk and taijya gone and the others sleep. Reheating the left over water they made themselves a lunch of Ramen. After they finished their late lunch, Kyo sat at the base of a tree and decided to rest, meanwhile InuYasha took to a tree. They both awoke sometime later as Sango reentered the clearing carrying her boomerang with her. Following was Kirara carrying a prone Miroku on her back, sporting a new lump.

Kyo got up from his resting place and stretched. Casting a glance at the girl who was still sleeping he looked up into a tree to see InuYasha staring intently at him. Turning to look at the horizon Kyo spotted the setting sun. counting the days hat had passed since his last indiscretion, he looked back at the sun. Glancing at his watch he saw the time to be 7:15. If he was back home the sun would be complete setting in fifteen minutes. He shifted his attention again as the Kagome shifted again this time sitting up. Turning he looked up at the hanyou and whispering in a voice so low now human could hear it he took off out of the clearing.

Kagome watch as Kyo jogged out of the clearing effectively disappearing into the dark surrounding forest. Looking up at InuYasha questioningly she stood. Closing her eyes she stretch to relieve the tightness of her muscles. She was startled when a clawed hand grabbed hers and pulled her of her feet. When she opened her eyes completely she was whizzing through the forest after what she guessed was Kyo.

InuYasha had felt the shift in the humans aura before he left the clearing. He was not going to let him get away without an explanation, or without knowing where he was going for that matter. Looking up at the sky InuYasha saw the moon rising as the sunset. As he entered the clearing in which the well was located the sun had completely set and the full moon was visible in the sky. Looking at the well the pair saw a flash of sliver disappear into it's dark empty depths.

MissNikki's End Notes: This chapter is eleven pages long I hope you enjoyed it. I also hope you enjoyed the gradual drop-off. I will update after I turn in my last paper that is due on Tuesday. Give me two days to type and one day to post. And if you don't mind I would like some 'Reviews' for this chapter. And leave an email address so I can respond personally to your comments. Love MN