InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two InuYashas ❯ Deep Dark Secret ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deep Dark Secret

Disclaimer: You know, I’ve said numerous times that I own him, and each time I’ve been met with laughter. *holds up scissors* This time, the first person to laugh gets there vocal cords cut out! InuYasha is MINE!!!

InuYasha and Kagome arrived at the well just in time to witness a flash of sliver disappear into it's dark empty depths.

Kagome's breath caught in her throat as slipped from the hanyou's back to stand on her own feet. Pivoting so she could look over her shoulder, she caught sight of a scowl on her companion’s face. Carefully she took steps toward the well and peered inside. Sooner then any movement registered in her mind she found herself standing inside the well house.

InuYasha nudged a still stunned Kagome out of the ways he could climb out of the well. "Move, we'll never catch him with you standing there with you mouth hanging open catching flies.

Before the girl could respond the inu hanyou was dragging her through the door and down the path that lead to the house. Snatching her hand back, she grudgingly followed him pass the house.

"Souta what are you doing out of bed?" Kagome asked her younger brother as InuYasha and her came to a stop.

Without running Souta started down the steps. "Why did InuYasha just go down the shrine steps? Where is he going?"

What are you talking about? She cast a glance over her shoulder to see mild interest flickered in InuYasha eyes.

Souta turned and looked at his sister. Shaking his head and rubbing his eyes, Souta looked pointedly at the hanyou behind his sister. "When did you get back here and when did you changed?"

"We just came through the well and I change after I bathe." Kagome rolled her eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

InuYasha scoffed and rolled his eyes, "I never went anywhere."

The young boy narrowed his eyes in disbelief. "But I saw you run down the stairs in a pair of jeans and a red shirt."

InuYasha crossed his arms over his chest and shook his head. "Why the fuck would I be caught wearing any of the funny clothes you people wear?"

Kagome looked at InuYasha and back at the suspicious boy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kyo heaved a sigh of relief, unaware of the approaching disaster. If he had stayed one minute longer his secret would have been exposed. Sitting on his sofa he looked around at the doors and window. He knew they were all locked. He had taken car of every unlocked door and window as soon as he got in. Kyo didn't want anyone walking in on him during his night. He covered every reflective glass surface. He knew acting like everything was normal wouldn't make it go way. Obviously the day he just had wasn't helping the matter any either. Sighing in defeat he got up to get the books hat had once been scrolls.

Strangely the day reminded him of the stories he was told as a child. He never believed in youkai or hanyou despite this one night a month that proved him wrong. Opening the book he scanned the pages until he came to the story of the hanyou and the miko.

Kyo sat for sometime spinning a picture the words on the page stirred. The time passed with him imaging a silvered haired man with demon strength and the heart of a human, and a Japanese girl who possessed blue eyes. He tried to match the story with the day's events but it failed to mention names or species. Shaking his head he let himself absorb the story but refused to acknowledge the he may have fallen into it.

A noise coming from the vicinity of the balcony startled him from his musings.

Glancing over his shoulder he saw nothing. Even know he had locked the door he got up anyway to check. He glared at the reflection he saw in the glass doors. Running a hand through his hair he brought his hand in front of his face and back to his side in frustration. Looking back at the reflection he noticed the eyes narrow and the corner of the mouth pulled back in a snarl. Lifting his hand to his mouth he noticed for the first time that the reflection failed to follow any of his movements. He made a move to open the doors but wasn't quick enough for the hanyou on the other side broke through the new glass.

Kyo let out a frustrated growl and scowled at the other male occupant of the room before he picked up a soft feminine scent. He looked behind the obviously angry InuYasha and saw Kagome standing there with her mouth hanging opened.

Kagome couldn't believe her eyes. Before her stood a modernly dressed InuYasha. Taking a tentative step forward she reached out to touch him. Just to make sure he was real but before her hand could touch anything she was snatched back and behind the irate hanyou.

InuYasha would not allow the miko he protected to touch this fraud. Not when he didn't know whether he was friend or foe.

They all stood enveloped in silence watching each other not saying anything. No one moved and the tension in the air was thick.

A bubble of laughter caught the duo of men off guard.

Kagome simply couldn't hold it in any longer. She let herself fall to the floor and looked up at the two pair of curious eyes.

"You ran," laughter shook her shoulder. "You ran and didn't look back. Did you run for my safety?" She shook her head and wiped away a tear. "Well at least you didn't tell me I was better off without you." This earned her a glare from InuYasha.

Kyo watched her warily. Confusion, concern, and curiousness chased each other across his face.

Kagome's laughter died down into a smile and soft chuckles, "So, InuYasha Kyo Takahashi this is your deep dark secret."

The young man could do no more than stare at the girl sitting in the midst of broken glass in his living room.

“Deep dark secret? What are you talking about?” Kyo looked slightly confused, glancing at the hanyou for answers.

Never taking his eyes off the girl InuYahsa spoke to the man standing in front of him. “I don’t know what’s going on here but what is a deep dark secret?”

Oblivious to the other occupants of the room she went on, more to herself then anyone else, “I should have known. Every man has one, you just have to figure it out.” She chuckled to herself, “InuYasha had one and I’d been traveling in the Sengoku Jadai with him for a while before I figured it out.” Looking up between the men she addressed Kyo. “With you it only took one night. One solitary night and I found out. If you could would you have hid it from me too?”

Without waiting for an answer she got up, grimacing slightly as she did so. Glancing down she noticed she had cut herself on the glass. Lacking regard to the slight discomfort she strode to the door, casting one look over her shoulder. “You two are peas in a pod. And here I thought the only thing that was in resemblance was looks and name. Silly me.” She turned and walked out the door, leaving two stunned and confused men behind.

Kagome was felt she was calm, she held her head high and walked back toward the shrine.

Kyo moved toward the door to follow her. A clawed hand reached out to stop him. “You have ears on top of your head,” InuYasha calmly stated.

“Uh, yeah man, and so do you. Now move I have to go after her.” He moved to go around the hanyou.

“Do you really think that everyone will be as understanding as Kagome?” InuYasha walked back to the balcony. Taking a short leap he stood on the railing, squatting to sit in his accustomed style. Looking back he gave the once human man the best advice he had. “Leave her alone, she’ll come around. But if you hurt her you have to deal with me.” With that he leap off the balcony and toward the shrine grounds where he was sure Kagome would go.

Kyo wasted no time in leaping off the balcony, but instead of following the hanyou he ran toward the grocery store, taking a large leap he landed on the roof. Looking around he ran toward the back of the building, leaping to building behind it, he leap along till he reached the elementary school. Once Kyo reached the elementary he waited upon the roof. He wasn’t sure she would come here but he was certain she wouldn’t go straight to the shrine.

Fuming slightly, but not knowing exactly what she was mad over Kagome, turned the corner before she reached the shrine. Walking along she rounded a fence that lead her to the playground behind the elementary school. It’d been so long since she attended here but she would never forget her favorite thinking place. Standing in the entrance of the park she looked around. She wanted to make sure she was the only one here.

Satisfied, she went to her swing and sat.

Kyo smirked in triumph,, he had watched her sit quietly here plenty of times, he was sure she would come here when troubled. Mostly he would sit and listen to her voice her troubles to the moon. He thought back to the first time he had saw her here. He had just happened upon her.

~*~Flashback~*~

He ran out of the house. Once again he was trying to run from himself. He hated this time of night. It always reminded him he was different. A freak. Heading in no direction unparticular he knew where knew where he would end. It was a monthly occasion for him. It bought a grin to his face though, he now found himself going there even when he wasn’t hiding.

Before long he found himself sitting on the roof of the school, staring out over the play-escape. He looked up at the moon, the cause of his troubles. Whenever the full moon came out, it revealed his true form. However he couldn’t stay mad at it, it was beautiful in it’s own right.

Looking down, he saw a girl had entered the school yard., he couldn’t see her face but the way the moon lite-up her skin and her hair made her look heavenly. Her hair looked almost like luminescent black silk with angelic blue highlights from the moon. He skin gave off a holy glow, drawing him in. He wanted to touch her, to see if she was really, and that’s when she turned toward him. He face made him suck in his breath. She was beyond beautiful. Kyo started to leap of the roof to go meet her, but the moment his claws hit the bricks on the side to the building, he realized he couldn’t. Not without scaring her away.

He looked up at the same moon which had cursed him, or rather caused his curse to be seen. He cocked his head to the side and looked back at her when he heard her speak.

Kagome sat looking up at the moon, “Why do I always go through this with him. It’s like he doesn’t care but when I threaten to leave he demands that I stay.” Sighing she looked down at her feet. “Maybe he’s still hung up on Kikyo.”

Swinging lightly she glanced up at her only friend, “What do you think, Moon?” A silky laugh escaped her, “Yeah, we all have a lot of growing and thinking to do.”

He watched her swing till the late hours of the night, following her home to make sure she was safe. He sat in a tree outside her window till, she had fallen asleep. Then Kyo went home to wait. Wait till the sunrise began, and he became his normal self once again.

~*~Flashback end~*~

It always bought a smile to his face to sit and watch her, but today it was because of him that she was here. He waited patiently for her to start her confession to the night moon.

The young miko looked up at the sky, toward the moon. “Why did I think he was different? When I say different, I mean from all the other guys I’ve met. He’s different like InuYasha, but besides that they are just like all other guys. They keep things to themselves that can affect someone else and when they’re secret is about to come out, they run!” She looked down at the ground, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves. Looking back up at the moon she let out a breathy laugh.

Kagome hung her head, “Why couldn’t he be different?” She barely registered the movement on the side of her and didn’t lift her head till she heard the creaking of the other swing.

Kyo didn’t look at her, “I am different. I just didn’t know how to tell anybody. The only people who knows is my brother and mother.” He took a deep breath and let it out before he continued, “It’s just too strange, not even I believed it, I just wanted to be normal, but I got used to it. The only thing I knew for sure was no one can ever find out.” Pausing he chuckled. “It’s not everyday that you hear of someone that turns into a monstrosity once a month.

A low growl and the cracking of knuckles interrupted them. “Who are you calling a monstrosity?” InuYasha jumped out a near by tree. He had gotten halfway to the shrine when Kagome’s scent shifted. Following the sweet aroma he knew so well, it lead him here. To his chagrin he found that his imposter or reincarnation as Kagome liked to call him, had beat him here.

Kagome chose to ignore the hanyou in favor of the one sitting next to her. “It’s not normal and I won’t try to persuade you to think otherwise. But you are not a monstrosity. You are beauty in essence. Look at you! I see a beautifully blessed person, who as the best of both worlds.”

“Feh,” InuYasha said at the same time that Kyo replied with, “Keh!” This brought tears to Kagome’s eyes. She couldn’t help herself, leave it to these two to dismissed her compliments as nothing more then a gnat. Covering her face with her hands she tried to hold it in for it would not make these two happy to know. Her laughter escaped her, and she doubled over with it. Leaning back to catch her breath she lost her balance in the swing and fell backward, only to be supported by two set of clawed hands.

It was then she realized she had a problem other then finishing the shikon, She had two men she cared deeply for. One she had met only recently and the other who see meet two years ago, yet she felt as if she had known both her entire lifetime. Looking to her right she stared into the golden eyes of the normally human InuYasha. ‘What am I going to do?’ She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn’t notice the hanyou slip away.

Standing in a tree he cast one last look at the pair, ‘She’s better off with him. He’s from her world, her time.’ Leaping off toward the well, he thought about when the day came that she would be gone forever, ‘Looks like that day came sooner then I expected.’