InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unaware ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I do not own Inuyasha & Co.
 
Well, it has been two weeks, and I finally caught the start of the next chappy. I'm happy to be back, and I'm glad to let you all know, this story will be wrapping up soon here. Can't say how many more chapters, but it's getting close…I can feel it. Anyways, this chapter should be very interesting, as well as fun for me to write. So, enjoy!
 
 
Reviewer's Corner:
 
From Media Miner. Org:
 
InuGrrrl: Thank you, and here's the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it (wink).
 
 
From Fan Fiction. Net:
 
Drake Clawfang: Thanks, and here's the next one. Enjoy (wink).
 
Kagome M.K.: All righty. Here ya go (smiles widely).
 
Cold Kikyo: Yes, I know. I was saddened by her death so soon in this fic. But, we all know Inuyasha will be taken care of. It's just what's coming up in this next chapter that'll get ya…Be prepared for something unexpected as I grab my fire retardant coat and pants…(hides in the closet shivering). Let's just say that this chapter was the hardest I've ever written, and you'll see why.
 
Heymary: Oh, Inu's hair isn't the only thing happening here. I'll tell ya what, you may hate this chapter because of how it ends, but one reassuring thing I will mention is that you have my word in knowing that this is the worst of it, okay? The rest of the story, I can't say what'll happen, but I will say that the ending of this chapter isn't one of my favorite endings. Read on, and you'll see why…(shivers from experience).
 
Crazy-Inuyasha-Girl20: Thanks, bud. One thing I will mention is that you are about to read one of my worst experiences as a writer. So, just to let ya know, I certainly hope I never have to repeat writing a chapter such as this one due to the ending. You'll like the beginning and the middle, but the end will have you either angry or saddened…Can't say what emotions you'll feel, but I'm preparing myself for tons of yelling here…Just one of the things we writers sometimes have to face to tell a story. Anyways, please let me know what you think of this chapter, that's important to me, bud (nods while tears of fear fall).
 
angicakesisinuyashasluvr: Yes, and more speechlessness to come, I assure you.
 
glowgurl87: You did, huh? Wow! I didn't know that was possible since the chapters are nice and long. That's cool, and I'm glad you commented in the end. I certainly don't know what your reaction to this chapter will be, but I'm prepared for any type of criticism, I assure you. Just to give ya a hint, this isn't one of my fave chapters. I may even change it after eyes see it…we'll just have to see, k?
 
chickeninuyasha: Yeah, surprising, ne? I was shocked myself when the plan came to my head. I think he's nuts in my opinion, but sometimes ya have to do what ya have to get things done, right? You think dying his hair was a shocker, just read on, and you'll see where his mind has taken him as far as sanity.
 
Spirituality: Well, thank you, bud! I'm glad you enjoyed the last chapter, and if you figured Jakotsu was the perp before reading that last chapter, then you're not dense. You just need to have better faith in yourself. Most people who guessed missed. And on another note, this chapter may rock your socks off, but it'll surprise you tons. Believe me, I saw it all as I wrote it…This has to be the most difficult chapter I've ever written, so sit back, enjoy hopefully, and I await your response (wink).
 
Owari Nai Yumes: Thanks! And yeah, poor Inu…He's been through waaaay too much, hasn't he? Makes me wanna hug him because his life has sucked it up bad, save for Kagome. As far as Jakotsu is concerned, you'll see what happens next as far as he's concerned, and I'm sure it'll be something expected with his sick mind in this fic. As far Kagome, I assure you, as far as I know, she's safe. No worries there. Unless this fic takes a turn I'm not aware of (taps finger on laptop in thought for a few moments) Naw, she's safe.
 
kirarakitty: Well, we all slough off every now and then. Hell, even I have, as you can tell. Juggling more than one or two fics is harsh. But at least you can rest assured that I will not let this fic go to waste without an ending. And I loved the look Inuyasha had on his face when he asked Kagome to make him a new man. If my husband did that, and he looked like Inuyasha, I would so swoon…(drools). Thanks for the encouragement about my writing skills. I try, and I'm glad you're still enjoying my fiction. Don't forget to comment on this one. It's important to know your thoughts as I've asked everyone else who's reviewed in the past.
 
A/N: This is important. Side effects of reading this chapter may include: anger, upset, gasping, wide eyes, and a strange need to shake your head vigorously fast as if something had just hit your head such as a bug. The last scene is a bit on the other side of most fiction writers and I certainly hope you all will still love me after this bump in the road ends. Thank you for your support and encouragement as some of you may scream and run after this…
 
And to my hardy die hard fans: Read on for the chapter of chapters in this fic. You will probably go crazy over what I gained the gumption to write, which most tend to yadda yadda out of most fiction…Heh heh heh…(acts funky and psychotic).
 
 
Chapter 17
 
 
As the sun seeped in through the curtains, golden irises peeked from behind soft black lashes. As they blinked and stared across the room, tears fell instantly. The dreams those golden pools watched that night hurt worse than any pain Inuyasha had ever gone through. He saw his wife die repeatedly. Yet, he was with another woman. She ran to him after each incident. Each time, he saw himself bury his head in her lap and hold onto her for dear life. Each time, he asked her one question, “Be there for me? Please.”
 
As those crying words ran through, his mind once again, he moved his left hand from under his head and down along his torso. Once his hand found hers, he closed his eyes and grabbed onto her hand, removing it from his bare hip. He turned his head over his shoulder to see her pressed flush against his naked body, her head nestled softly on the fringe of his now black hair. It stopped his tears for a moment, and then he remembered what they had done the night before. He then got an interesting idea as a mischievous smile crawled across his lips. The rest of her family had no clue what they did last night.
 
His head shifted towards the bathroom door again as he noticed the bag containing the rest of his supplies sitting under the floating sink. He decided he was going to try those contacts and see how he'd look with the finished touches. He figured he'd use her family for guinea pigs to see if he could fool them first before going on with his idea.
 
As he tried to move his body from Kagome, she snaked her right arm around his lower torso with a groan. He looked down and saw she had her face pressed into his back end just above his tush. He chuckled a bit and then closed his eyes a moment when she moaned and rolled in the opposite direction waving her hand in the air. `Mission accomplished' he said to himself as he climbed outta bed and pulled on his boxers.
 
After his morning release, he stepped up to the sink and set the bag upon it. He pulled out a few articles and then set down the box of contacts. As he once again read the directions, he cringed again, but tried to pump himself up in the mirror to gain the strength to stick something on his eye. He'd heard about contacts, but he'd never seen them or seen people put them in. By the directions, it looked simple enough.
 
He closed the door and turned the light on the highest setting. He washed his hands thoroughly as the directions said, and then opened the box. As he looked at the little trays of water, he tried to see where the little plastic thing was. Shrugging in reaction, he pulled up on the tab and looked into the water to grab the contact. As he dipped his finger into the little solution, he felt it cling. As he looked at the directions again, he noticed the contact sitting face up on the middle finger. So he did as shown and then looked in the mirror.
 
`After this, my eyes are supposed to look brown. Man, I wonder if I'll like it…Wait, what am I saying? It's not for me, it's for Jakotsu.' He got a chill running down his spine at that thought. He was going to get all dressed and dolled up for that pervert. To attract him, and not only that, but to act as his date of sorts…
 
He looked in the mirror one last time before he reached up, grabbed his lashes and set the contact in the right eye. Amazingly, it didn't hurt. It felt nice and cool. He then grabbed the other contact and did the same actions. With both contacts in the eyes, he looked up and saw himself. He honestly couldn't recognize himself. His eyes were so dark, he couldn't tell if his eyes were truly gold or not. He could barely see the lines of the contacts, but they actually looked nice. As he stood there in the mirror, he tried to come up with an alias for his new look.
 
He pumped his muscles and tried giving the mirror a few sensual looks to see if a name could possibly present itself. With no new name as a result, he just cleaned up his mess and opened the door to the bedroom. First, he decided to shock the family. With Kagome still out cold from the night they shared together, he slipped on his jeans and stepped out the door. He smelled the breakfast her mother was cooking up for Shippo and smiled as he made his way down the stairs. As he hit the last step, he put his hand in his pockets and began to whistle.
 
Shippo was awaiting his food when he heard whistling come from the hall. He turned in his chair to see a black haired, half-naked man come strolling into the kitchen and up to the fridge. Shippo just stared with bug-eyes as the man opened the fridge door, grabbed a carton of milk and started to drink from it directly. Shippo began to panic as he looked to his grandmother who was cooking up a storm and humming to herself.
 
“Grrrranmma?” Shippo said to get her attention.
 
“What is it, dear?” she asked as she turned to look upon Shippo, only to see a man with black hair sitting in the way of Shippo with his back towards her. She stood there and watched as he took the milk carton and drank from it again. The woman scoffed as she reached around his shoulder to grab the milk carton. As she took it from his lips, he turned and looked at her. She didn't recognize him at all.
 
“Who are you? What are you doing in this house?” she asked sternly as she closed the milk carton and gave it a disgusted look.
 
He gave her an innocent look as he replied with, “You don't know who I am? C'mon! It's me!”
 
“You? Who are you? The only young man who's entered this house has silver hair and gold eyes!”
 
“You see, now there you're wrong.” He replied as he gained a friendly smile. “My friend Kouga has black hair and blue eyes. He was here last night. Though you wouldn't know that since you two were fast asleep, weren't you?” He said as he shifted his gaze from the woman to the kid.
 
“Who are you? You never answered my question.” The woman started back up as he turned his gaze back to hers, the sun shining into the brown depths.
 
“It's me, Inuyasha. Look at my eyes, I'm wearing contacts.”
 
She studied his eyes and saw the lines of the contacts and she gasped, “Why would you do that to yourself? When did this happen?” She asked.
 
“Last night. I never got the chance to tell you. My wife passed away yesterday.” He said in a solemn tone as he lowered his gaze from hers and to the table before him.
 
Shippo's eyes started to tear as he heard the news. He had never thought he'd see a man he looked upon as strong and cool look dejected. “I'm sorry Inu. You okay?” Shippo asked sweetly.
 
Inuyasha looked to him and saw the concern in the kid's eyes. He felt better knowing the kid cared. He smiled slightly and reached his hand across the table to muzzle the kid's hair as he replied with, “Yeah, kid. I'm okay. Just hurting is all. Don't worry.”
 
Shippo knew he tried to hide his feelings. Shippo couldn't hold back though. He began to sniffle as Inu pulled his hand away. Shippo had no idea that the man he wanted as a father would end up unattached at some point. The only thing that came to the kid's mind was to leave his seat and run to the man he cared for.
 
Inuyasha watched as the kid gave him teary-eyed looks and left his chair. As the kid reached him, he laid his head in his lap and wrapped his arms around his waist as far as he could reach. The fact the little tike would know how to react to the death of someone he didn't even know surprised him. He knew Shippo for only a short time, but he had that much of an affect on the kid that he'd mourn with him.
 
Inuyasha smiled as tears filled his eyes as well. He then reached down and pulled the kid into his lap. Shippo embraced him and laid his head on the strong shoulder as his tears hit Inuyasha's back.
 
The woman thought the scene was of a father and his son. She had never seen a man do something as tender as he had just that moment. Kagome had truly found a wonderful man to hold her son as his own. She shook her head as she thought about the pain he must endure. She was then reminded of when she lost her husband. Kagome was about Shippo's age. Kagome got over it quickly, not knowing much about her father. She, however, still hadn't fully gotten over the pain of loss. What she could only hope for Inuyasha was the strength to get through the painful times, starting now. She could tell he wasn't going anywhere. He was home, and she wanted to make sure he felt her home was his own.
 
The woman decided to step to the fridge and grab another couple of eggs for Inuyasha. As she started cracking them, Shippo sat back and looked at Inuyasha. “You better now?”
 
Inuyasha smiled widely as the tears sank back into the depths of his eyes and said, “Yeah. Thanks buddy,” as he held the boy close for another moment and then let him climb down from his lap. Just then, the lady of the hour stumbled into the kitchen moaning. Inuyasha smiled as he watched her try to gain the strength to walk away from the wall.
 
Inuyasha smirked as he got up from his seat and made his way over to her pathetic body. “Here, I got ya,” he said as he took her arms and led her away from the brace wall and to a seat. He knelt down to see how she was doing when her eyes opened fully to see not gold eyes, but brown eyes looking up at her.
 
“AHH!” She screamed as he fell back in reaction. Her mother looked over to see Inuyasha on the floor and Kagome pointing at him in shock.
 
“Geeze, Kagome. You shouldn't be shocked! You did this to me last night!” Inuyasha pleaded as he lifted his arms and sat up.
 
It took a moment for Kagome to process the man before her until the images of a black haired man making love to her and the time spent at the sink flew through her head. “Oh…Inu, I'm sorry.” She said as she reached forward and helped him off the floor. He looked into her eyes once again. “Wow, you got the contacts in. They look great!”
 
“I know. You should try `em. They feel cool!” he exclaimed with a smile as he got up from the floor.
 
Shippo shook his head as the older woman set his plate before him. Inuyasha grabbed his seat and a glass of milk was set before him from behind. “So, why has this transformation taken place, Inuyasha?” the woman behind him asked as he took a sip of milk.
 
“It's complicated.” Inuyasha replied as he set the glass down before him with a serious look on his face.
 
“Oh? Do tell.”
 
Inuyasha opened his eyes to gaze upon Shippo for a moment. Shippo was busy eating his eggs and bacon. He couldn't tell her with the kid sitting across from him. “Well, it was a bet. A friend of mine made a bet with me that no matter what I did to my face and hair, he could still recognize me. Obviously, I'm gonna make some easy cash on this one.” He replied with a smirk. `Oh, yeah…crisis averted.'
 
“A bet? Just a measly bet? I didn't know you were into that kind of thing, Inuyasha.” Kagome's mother said over her shoulder.
 
“Ah, naw. It's just to make things interesting every now and then. I mean, it's not like I really need the money, but the look on his face will be priceless.” He replied proudly.
 
Shippo looked at Inuyasha from across the table as he chewed on his bacon. He could tell there was something more to the whole thing, but being a kid, he didn't know the full extent. He decided to give it a go anyways. “Sure…Midlife crisis…”
 
Inuyasha's smile disappeared and his eyes shot to his. Shippo recoiled in shock at the loss of his arrogant façade. Kagome started laughing as Inuyasha folded his arms and looked off to the side, responding with an arrogant, “Keh!”
 
Just then, Kagome's mother noticed the time and stepped from the stove to shoo Shippo out the door to catch the bus. He said goodbye to the family and rushed out the door. “Now, tell me the truth, young man. Why did you really go to all this trouble?” Kagome's mother asked as she poured his and Kagome's eggs from the skillet onto their plates.
 
“Well, it has to do with the man who shot my wife a month ago. I know why he shot her, and I intend to get him to talk to me about it, thinking I'm someone else.” Inuyasha explained.
 
“And why don't you just tell the police about him? Why put yourself in danger?” She asked as she grabbed a bagel with cream cheese and sat beside Kagome.
 
“Well, here's the thing. He left no evidence for them to go on. I intend to go out to the club he hangs at, act as if I don't know him, and try to use a small recorder to get his confession. If I can do that, I can easily put him behind bars forever.” Inuyasha explained and then took another sip of his milk.
 
“Oh. So, all this time, the police haven't been able to find a lead at all?” She asked.
 
“No. He kept the gun on him and no one witnessed it happen. My wife was found by a man from her office after she was shot and the perp left. I called her phone and he answered. That was how I found out she was shot. She didn't come home and I waited for her. When I began to wonder, that was when I rushed to find her. Then it all stems from there.”
 
“Oh. Smart guy.”
 
“Actually, no. He made quite a few mistakes. One of them was getting jealous of Kikyo and going after me.” He explained as he put another helping of eggs in his mouth.
 
Kagome's mother's mouth dropped as she dropped the piece of bagel she was about to take a bite out of. Inuyasha shook his head and dropped the chopsticks. Kagome looked to her mother and rubbed her back as Inuyasha grabbed his empty plate and set the dish in the sink.
 
“I'm sorry, Inuyasha. I didn't upset you, did I?” her mother asked.
 
Inuyasha just leaned over the sink on his hands as he replied with, “No, you didn't. It's just that I know how shocking it is to you, but to see everyone's reactions to what happened is getting on my nerves. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.” He turned around and walked from the kitchen and down the hallway to the stairs.
 
Kagome eyed her mother in assurance that everything was okay and got up to follow Inuyasha. As the woman sat there, she thought about how a man could have gone after her daughter's love interest. Granted, she knew of homosexuals and their behaviors, but the man Inuyasha mentioned seemed a bit more on the odd side to shoot a woman to get to her straight husband. She sat at the table and thought for a bit before she cleaned up the dishes in the sink and got back to her normal everyday routine.
 
Kagome followed Inuyasha up the stairs after he had entered her bedroom. As she stepped in, she shut the door behind her to give them privacy. “Is everything okay, Inu?”
 
“Yeah. Sorry for how I acted back there. It's just…” he trailed off in thought.
 
“What?”
 
“What I have to do to get this guy to talk to me.”
 
“And what is that?” she asked.
 
He turned to face her and grabbed her hands as he replied with, “I have to become someone like him. I have to understand him. I have to know what makes him tick. Kagome, I have to act as if I'm interested in him.”
 
Kagome's eyes shot open in shock. She didn't' think he'd go THAT far. “Are you sure you have to…you know…act gay?”
 
“Yeah, otherwise he won't consider me. I've talked to Bankotsu in the past, he's Jakotsu's older brother. I have to be someone along the lines of kinkiness in order for him to pay me any attention. He's a very sick bastard, that one.” Inuyasha explained as he cringed a bit.
 
“Oh, my…I'm not sure you should go through with this. You might end up in a load of trouble, Inu. I don't want you to get hurt or anything. What if he falls for this version of you? Would you be willing to hurt him? Would you even possibly…in the slightest chance…”
 
“NO! Absolutely not!!! I will not allow it to go very far, trust me.”
 
“But, won't he catch on to what your scheme is if you do? He might not reveal anything to you if you don't go too far. I'm thinking this might be a bad idea.” Kagome said as she lowered her head.
 
Inuyasha shook his head and wrapped his arms around her as he pulled her to him. She was afraid and he needed to reassure her that he`d be fine no matter what. “Kagome, I promise. I won't let him hurt me again.”
 
“Why do YOU have to do this? Why not just ask his brother to gain the info?”
 
“Because, Jakotsu no longer trusts his brother. He'll only trust me. He wants only me. The only thing is he won't tell me why he did what he did if he knew it was me who approached him. The hardest part isn't acting gay. Any guy can do that. I just have to act as if I did something bad and get him to talk about what he's done. That's my only option.” Inuyasha explained as he ran his hand over her cheek, staring into her eyes.
 
“I love you, Inuyasha. I just want to make sure he won't pull his gun on you. If he's willing to kill a woman without remorse, then he could do the same to some strange guy who wouldn't put out for him…You know what I mean. That's what I'm worried about. You ending up with experiences you never wanted in the first place.”
 
“How far do you think I'm gonna let this go?”
 
“Are you willing to kiss a guy you hate more than anything in the world?”
 
He thought about that question long and hard. He hadn't thought completely about that. Just as he let his mind run away with him, he saw Jakotsu looking deeply into his eyes as he leaned forward and kissed him tenderly…That was when he turned his head away from Kagome's gaze and just put his hands on his mouth in disgust. Kagome didn't say a word but wrapped her arms around him as he dealt with his mind and soul on the matter.
 
As he cleared his mind, he held her arms to him as he brought his lips to hers to erase the thought from his mind. After a few moments, they embraced and ended up lying upon the bed as they reveled in the taste of each other's lips.
 
 
@*@
 
 
A few hours later, Inuyasha had gone back to his estate to look through his wife's belongings they gave him at the hospital while she was in a coma. As he found his wife's cell phone, he plugged it into the wall and set it to charge. When he turned it on, he looked through the phonebook for Bankotsu's phone number. He decided to find out from Bankotsu where Jakotsu liked to hang out on Friday nights. Once he got the number, he dialed it on his own phone and sat back as it rang.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hey, Bankotsu. It's me, Inuyasha.”
 
“Inuyasha? What are you calling me for?” Bankotsu asked curiously.
 
“I have a question about Jakotsu.”
 
“Okay…what would you like to know?”
 
“Where does he hang out? Ya know any gay bars in the area where he's seen regularly?”
 
“Um…Yeah…The Lightning Bar. Why?” Bankotsu asked.
 
“Just curious. I know, Bankotsu.”
 
“You know what?”
 
“That he was the one who shot Kikyo. I just need to hear him say he did it and why myself.” Inuyasha explained.
 
Bankotsu knew this was gonna happen. Since Jakotsu had shown a bit of intelligence to keep the evidence to a minimum, he waited to see what Inuyasha was going to do. “What are you gonna do?”
 
“Why should I tell you my game plan? You think I don't know you will more than likely protect your brother from jail or prison?” Inuyasha spat.
 
“Actually, I know all about it. In fact, I know too much. That's why he no longer lives here with me.”
 
“Really…is that so?” Inuyasha asked in a skeptical tone.
 
“Yes. I've been debating what to do myself. What he did to Kikyo and you wasn't right. I do support that he fall in love with some lucky chap, but not to kill for it. I'm sorry I didn't know about his plans, or I woulda stopped him.”
 
“Sure…Like I'll fall for that one.”
 
“No, seriously! I was upset he did what he did! I was so angry that I actually hurt him. I took all his pictures he has of you and I…”
 
“Wait wait…he has pictures of me?” Inuyasha interrupted in shock.
 
“Yes. Pictures from parties in the past, pictures you weren't even aware were taken of you. He took a lot of pictures of just your face, Inuyasha. He's obsessed. Almost like a stalker.” Bankotsu admitted.
 
Inuyasha was silent for a few moments as he pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. The last thing he wanted was his face plastered all around that pervert's place of residence. He could get him for stalking as well as murder. “So, what are ya gonna do about me putting him in prison?” Inuyasha asked simply.
 
Bankotsu was silent for a few seconds. Then once he had his response in order, he replied with, “I would support you, I swear it. You can use me as a witness.”
 
“And I can hold you to that? `Cuz you would be the wild card I'd need to get him where he belongs. Bankotsu, I want you to know something. I never truly had anything against you specifically. I just didn't know how much I could trust you in your case with being Jakotsu's older brother. I assumed you would stand up for him instead of helping to give him what he deserves.” Inuyasha stated.
 
“I respect that. I owe you a lot, Inuyasha. I truly am sorry for what happened to your wife, who was also a close friend of mine. I am mourning her as well.” Bankotsu stated in a solemn tone.
 
“Thank you.” Inuyasha replied as he folded his phone shut and looked around the bedroom one last time before going shopping for clothes he'll only wear once.
 
 
 
@*@
 
 
A couple hours later, as dusk was seen on the horizon, Inuyasha arrived at the bar by means of using the courtesy car he lent to Kagome. As he stepped in through the doors, he looked around the bar. Since it was early, he was able to find a seat at the bar quickly. He sat down at the bar in a pair of brown leather pants, a black silk shirt and a brown leather jacket to match the pants. His hair was back in a low ponytail and he had applied a bit of rouge to his cheeks, forehead and chin to bring out some color in his face. He also went so as far as to add a bit of lip-gloss to his lips. He had to admit, he didn't look too bad with the black hair, the dark brown eyes and the makeup.
 
He knew there was nothing wrong with men wearing makeup. Throughout history, men wore makeup to enhance their facial features in theater and in movies. If done right, it looks very good. He never intended to do this again, but he certainly hoped he could `swoon' Jakotsu into possibly getting drunk with him tonight if anything. Deep down, Inu hoped that would be all it would take for him to confess.
 
As he waited for his Long Island Iced Tea, he eyed the recorder in his pocket. With it set just right in his jacket pocket, he knew he could just start the recording with just a brush against the pocket. As he made the preparations he could, along with eyeing his makeup job in a compact mirror he had bought the night before, he eyed through the mirror to the front door, seeing the man he was looking for enter alone. He made like he was applying more lip-gloss as Jakotsu stepped towards the bar.
 
Jakotsu eyed the new leather set before him. Long black hair, nice stature, nice ass…The works from behind. With how prim and proper the man before him was dressed and studying himself in the mirror, he knew he was unusual. But to see him sitting at the bar alone…He began to wonder if his significant other was somewhere else in the bar. As he walked near him, Jakotsu eyed the bar for a possible companion keeping an eye on him. When he noticed a friend of his nearby, Shinji, he took a seat and nudged his side.
 
“Hey, Shinji”
 
“Yeah? Hey, Jakotsu! How've ya been?”
 
“I gotta question. Ya see that hunk of man over there?” Jakotsu asked as he pointed over his shoulder at Inuyasha.
 
“Yeah. He's new. Never seen him here before. Though he walked in alone, I think he's right up your alley, man.” He assured Jakotsu as he gave him a wink and a nod urging him to make contact.
 
Jakotsu thanked him and stepped up closer to the mirror checking beauty before him. “Hey, baby. I hear you arrived by yourself. You meeting anyone here?”
 
Inuyasha clicked the mirror shut and turned to look over his shoulder at the man who caught his attention. “Oh, aren't you a stud. Well, no. I'm just looking for a new person to be with. I heard about this place and decided to check it out. I figure it's got promise.” Inuyasha replied with a shrug, using a more feminine tone to his voice.
 
“Ah, I see. I also see that you haven't ordered a drink yet. Bartender! Two Long Island Iced Teas here!” Jakotsu shouted.
 
“So, you come here frequently, I gather?” Inuyasha asked nonchalantly.
 
“Why yes. I am here every weekend, Friday nights included.” He said as the drinks arrived. They both picked up their drinks and clinked their glasses before taking sips. “So, ya never told me your name.”
 
“It's Ian. You?” Inuyasha asked with a smile.
 
“Ian. I'm Jakotsu.” He replied as he eyed Inuyasha strangely.
 
“What? Something wrong?” Inuyasha asked innocently.
 
“No, nothing. It's just that…” he stopped short with a sigh and pulled his wallet from his back pocket. Inuyasha watched curiously, as he opened his wallet to pull out a picture of himself. “You just remind me of someone, but only slightly.”
 
“Oh? That man there?” Inuyasha asked politely as he pointed with a painted fingernail.
 
“Yeah. Inuyasha. I ruined his life for my own purpose. The sad part is, he has no idea how much I love him. How much I wish I could have him in my life. He doesn't realize what I could be for him. How it is to love another man. All he did to me was judge me.” Jakotsu said as his eyes clenched shut in pain.
 
Inuyasha closed his eyes for a moment to regain strength and then opened his eyes to a new perspective. “Well, he's just a mean person, isn't he?” He asked as he clicked on the tape recorder.
 
“Oh yes. I even presented my feelings before him. And what did he do? He pushed me to the floor before him and stomped his foot on my chest, messing up my bright white dress shirt and suit jacket. He told me I was a jerk-off. He didn't even give me a chance to truly express my feelings towards him, even though he was married.” Jakotsu said as he eyed the picture.
 
“But, you said you ruined his life. How do you mean?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“I did something horrible. I became jealous of his wife. I hated her. I hated everything about her. She was the one who shared his bed every night, not me. He is so closed-minded. I just want to open his eyes to new things. To make him happier than that bitch ever could.” Jakotsu explained.
 
`I'm getting close, and all I'm doing is just having a chat with him and a drink! This is a cinch!' Inuyasha thought to himself as he got his mind focused once again to sympathize with Jakotsu. “So then, will you still pursue this love of yours? He's one hell of a man. I think he's worth anything, isn't he?”
 
“Yes, he is. But seeing him as he treats me makes me mad. Ian, I think, since I met you, I would like to rid my life of him!” He said as he ripped the picture in two. Inuyasha looked at the picture as he dropped it into his drink and turned eyes upon him. “Ian, will you come home with me? Please? I need to be alone with you, not in a public place.”
 
“But, we just met! You barely even know me!” Inuyasha replied in shock.
 
“I can tell you care, Ian. I need to be ridden of this jerk. This sadist! Please, sleep with me tonight? I know I can satisfy you.” Jakotsu pleaded as he grabbed Inuyasha's hands.
 
“Jakotsu, I'm looking for more than a one night stand. And if all you want from me is just a fuck to clear your mind of…him, then I'm not your man, trust me.” Inuyasha replied as he shook his head, a look of fear in his eyes.
 
“Oh, please!” Inuyasha turned his eyes away from Jakotsu as he clenched his teeth behind closed lips, wanting to bite his tongue and end it. It took a moment when Jakotsu released Inuyasha's hands and sat back; dejected.
 
“Jakotsu, I do like you, and I feel for you, but a one night stand will not be enough to drive a hunk like that out of your heart. I'm not half the man he is, trust me.” Inuyasha stated.
 
“I hate myself. I hate who I've become, Ian. I want a change. I've done things I'm not proud of and I need just one glimmer of hope that change is imminent. You can be that glimmer, Ian. I know you could.”
 
“What did you do?” Inuyasha asked him with empathy.
 
“Let's go somewhere else. I can't talk about that here.” Jakotsu replied as he pulled a ten out of his wallet and motioned for Inuyasha to follow him. Inuyasha got up from the stool and followed him through the doors.
 
As they stepped through the doors and into the parking lot, Inuyasha followed him to the bench on the other side of the parking lot. Inuyasha calmly took his seat beside Jakotsu as he eyed his hands.
 
“I killed her.”
 
“Who?”
 
“His wife. I shot her.” Jakotsu stated simply as he then looked to Inuyasha.
 
“Why?” Inuyasha asked curiously, trying to remain in character.
 
“Jealousy, that's why. I felt that if she was no longer here, she couldn't stop him from seeing me. She was everything to him. He lived for her. She lived for him. They were so much in love, it was disgusting. I hated seeing them together. Like they had something, I'll never get the chance to experience. True love. I was always cast aside, never shown any love but what my brother showed me. Brotherly love is nothing like the love of the heart and soul. Bodies entwining, souls touching. That's what I always wanted. To please another, and be pleased in return. No one has ever granted me that. And when I fall for someone so perfect, he's straight. What's so wrong with giving in to desires most are afraid of? No one truly knows what it's like `til they experience it themselves, right?”
 
Inuyasha sat and listened intently. He now understood the man who angered him all those years. He wanted to understand him, and wanted to know what drove him. Now he knows and he felt like an asshole. Yes, he was straight, and there was no way he would allow himself to bed another man, but Inuyasha felt he couldn't deject another human being again. He listened to what Jakotsu said as far as his point of view, and how he reacted to it. It was human instinct. Jakotsu took his pathetic life to the max. He saw it as rejection. Inuyasha was grossed out by the gestures more than anything else. Along with the fact that he wouldn't listen to him when he said he wasn't interested.
 
`What to do? What to tell him? I'm here to put him in prison. To a point, I still feel he belongs there. He will end up there regardless. His heart's about to be broken soon, by the one he loves the most. Pathetic' Inuyasha thought to himself as he put his arm around him and let him lay his head on his shoulder.
 
“Jakotsu, life just plain sucks. We all make mistakes, but killing someone is very rash, don't you think?”
 
“Yeah. I ruined the life I fell in love with. From what I heard, he was broken terribly. When I saw him in the hospital, he was on guard of everyone. He worried about whomever would have done it, and part of me wanted to kneel before him and give myself up. But I know he'll hate me if he found out.”
 
“Well, that's to be expected, but he already hates you, doesn't he? So, what have ya got to lose? If you turn yourself in and repent, you'll feel better about yourself at least. Forget him. He's untouchable, and will never return that love you hold for him.” Inuyasha said in assurance, hoping he was broken enough to agree to save himself the trouble.
 
“I guess you're right. But can I be loved for just one night? Please, Ian?” Jakotsu asked as he turned puppy dog eyes upon Inuyasha once again.
 
Inuyasha pulled his arm back and eyed his hands as he replied with, “I still don't think I could satisfy you, Jakotsu. Only that man can, the way you need to be satisfied. You have to trust me. Your mind won't be focused; you'll be hurting yourself even more than you are hurting right now. I can't perform for a guy who doesn't truly love me, Jakotsu.”
 
“I see. You are honest. I'm thankful for that. But can I ask you for one thing?”
 
“What's that?” Inuyasha asked, still hoping to remain in character.
 
“Can I have one kiss? Please? Just a kiss. Nothing more. I need to pay you back for your kindness tonight, and for listening to me bear my troubles.” Jakotsu asked as he hung his head in shame.
 
Inuyasha was hoping he wouldn't have to worry about this kind of request. But he had to play the part. “Um…I'm just kinda nervous, Jakotsu. Maybe next time? I swear I won't tell anyone.”
 
“You mean my lips aren't good enough for yours? I just bared my soul to you, and you reject me? From just a kiss? Geeze…Why did you come here then? You're not gay, are you?” He asked with a bit of anger in his tone.
 
Inuyasha held up his hands in defense and replied with, “No, No, that's not it. I just don't generally kiss on the first date is all. It's kinda sudden and forward!”
 
“Not really. Why is it too much too soon when the French kiss each other's cheeks when they're introduced? Why do most couples kiss on their first dates? There are a lot of things couples do on their first dates that they feel aren't too forward. You a virgin or something?” Jakotsu spat.
 
“No, I'm no virgin!”
 
“Then prove it to me! Kiss me, damnit! I just want a kiss! Nothing more!”
 
“Fine!” Inuyasha took a few deep breaths and closed his eyes as he swallowed a few times.
 
As they inched closer, Inuyasha's mind screamed inside. He never wanted an experience such as this. It seemed like forever when their lips touched. Jakotsu initiated the kiss as Inuyasha froze. Jakotsu took over as Inuyasha just paid attention to the screaming in his mind. He felt as if he was going to vomit when Jakotsu forced the kiss into an open mouth kiss. When it became too much to bare, Inuyasha pulled away and tried to catch his breath.
 
Jakotsu eyed the affect he had on Ian and smiled as he thanked him for the experience. Inuyasha just turned and said, “You're welcome. Listen, I have to go now. I'll see you again, okay?”
 
Jakotsu nodded as Inuyasha walked away and then climbed into his car as he grabbed a bag from the passenger seat. He clicked off the recorder and let go of his Long Island Iced Teas. He hadn't expected that. What was worse, was knowing that he `d never forget that experience. Like all negative experiences, and learning from them, no one ever truly forgets them. He just sat there and gathered his wits as he threw the vomit bag out the window, into the garbage can near him and drove off to get the makeup and leather off his body.
 
 
@*@
 
 
Kagome sat up waiting for Inuyasha to return home. Since he left, she had been nothing but a worrywart. She was curious to see how things went and what transpired. The main thing was she hoped he left unscathed, and uncorrupted. From what Inuyasha had told her about Jakotsu, she hoped he hadn't gone through too much to get the information he needed.
 
As she sipped her cold cup of green tea, she saw lights pull into the driveway. She set her cup down and went to the door to greet him. What she saw was a shock. Inuyasha, dressed in expensive leather, wearing makeup and looking a bit under the weather. His head hung low, and a look of utter disgust in his eyes. Kagome gasped at the sight. She right away took his hand and led him into the house. Once the door was shut, she embraced him and let him grieve on her shoulder.
 
He held her tight as he let himself go out of mourning, and disgust. Mourning not only of Kikyo, but also loss of innocence. He had a glimpse into the mind of a sick killer, just what everyone wants to learn about. How sick one person can become. To think it's all right to kill a woman and then realize after the fact that he'd done something wrong, and wants to sleep with another man to appease his sickly soul. He didn't know what woulda happened had he not allowed the kiss to occur.
 
Kagome decided not to press him on what happened. It seemed as if all he needed now was a good shower and a glimpse into a new life ahead. He needed to know it was all over. He no longer needed to live a life unfulfilled. She wanted to hold him and let him know he's all right. Whatever happened between him and the perp was to be left where it happened, and not to lurk in his heart or soul. That night, Kagome was there for him during his toughest times. When he finally felt he had something to grieve about. His own innocence.
 
 
@*@
 
 
Um…Yeah,…I knew this chapter was to be a good one, but tough to write in the least. I am not homosexual, and never have been. I have had friends who are, and I must say, they can be the sweetest of people, as long as you don't judge and accept them for who they are. I tried my best to get a glimpse into the mind of Jakotsu, and this is the result. I certainly hope I didn't offend anyone too much with the kissing scene. Believe me, I didn't expect it to occur either, but I felt it would have been funky if I had left it out. Inuyasha's reaction to it is very important in my opinion. As well as Jakotsu's. So, I hope you enjoyed this chappy, and I look forward to what's going to happen next, don't you? This was a first for me, and I hope I did well enough that I didn't anger too many of my readers. Well, `til next time, ja ne!