InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unaware ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I do not own Inuyasha & Co.
 
 
Well, as some of you may know, I have kinda sloughed off this past week because I ended up enthralled in a wonderful fanfic called, The King's Mistress by the author dolphingirl0113. She is a wonderful writer, and I have to say, she shined with that story, and I highly recommend it. As far as my writing is concerned, I will be back on track now that I am able to focus now. It's just been a while since I've been able to sit back and enjoy an awesome story. In addition, I had a weekend filled with wonderful distractions ranging from Amish Town to a trip to my local theme park. The worst of my reasons for needing to apologize for the long wait was losing my internet connection for almost a week. Talk about horrible. Well, sit back and enjoy this chapter and the ones to come this weekend, k?
 
 
Reviewer's Corner:
 
From Media Miner. Org:
 
 
InuGrrrl: Yes, he went through a lot. I mean, I was able to see it, and witness the big look in his eyes when the kiss happened. Luckily, Jakotsu's eyes were closed… (Clears throat). Just a little bit of detailing I left out due to not wanting to go too far and focus too long on that…part. Anyways, he accomplished his goal, but you will see what's become of him since that…happened. Thank you for the compliment, and I'm sure you'll enjoy this chapter (wink).
 
 
JasonC: Ya did, huh? Well, I've been working on updating as often as I can during each month, but I have slowed down just a bit due to changes and distractions as of late. Ya know how that goes, I'm sure. Thanks for the encouragement, and I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I aim to entertain above all else (wink).
 
From Fan Fiction. Net:
 
 
Kagome M.K: Hai…
 
Owari Nai Yumes: Hee hee! I grossed ya out! (Jumps for joy). Just kidding… (Clears throat) Ya know I would never aim to gross ya out, but I'm glad you enjoyed the way I presented the…act… (Shifts eyes). I guess I'm still a bit uneasy about it as well. Oh well, I'm glad it's over and that he won't have to go through any more torture…Poor Inu (sniff). And I will most definitely keep you posted on updates, mah bud (wink).
 
Drake Clawfang: Yeah. I wasn't going to make him go through that for nothing…(hacks a bit) Believe me, to see that as I was writing it was very uncomfortable for me, so I avoid the ending of that chapter when I read it for that reason. I'm just glad you're not mad at me.
 
Crazy-Inuyasha-Girl20: Hee hee! Thanks! And enjoy (wink).
 
heymary: I know…And just so ya know, I was grossed out too…I'm still trying to get over the shock… (runs to the bathroom with dry heaves)…Okay, I'm fine…Sorry about that. This chappy will be much easier to read, I assure you (smiles widely).
 
demonpriestess07: Thanks, and I see you're much stronger than I since you didn't comment on the scene with…that…part… (swallows harshly).
 
Spirituality: Heh heh heh…I did, huh? Man, I was shocked, but I scared monkey crap outta you? You eating monkeys over there? I could only imagine the look on your face at that part of the chapter. I felt like I was gonna hurl as I saw it unfold in my head. Darn near scared me to pieces. I still shake my head as if I had sucked on a bitter lemon when I think about it, believe me. I'm glad you liked the presentation, and you know I will keep plugging away (wink).
 
chickeninuyasha: Wow, Ya want more, huh? Um…that was a bit more difficult to write than one would think. So, if I end up shocking ya in the future, I can't say Inu would be kissing any guys anytime soon, k? (winks) But overall, keep reading, and I'm sure something will hit ya like a ton of bricks. Just can't say what or when… (rubs hands together and snickers).
 
Cold Kikyo: Yes, it was a shocker, and I am very glad you still like the story thus far. Hope ya enjoy this chappy! (Smiles widely)
 
kirarakitty: Yeah, you'll see what's happened with Inuyasha in this chapter. Thanks for the compliments, and I agree…I would have loved to have pictured him kissing someone else other than Jakotsu. In my opinion, he had already had the confession, but he just wouldn't allow himself to back down from a challenge. He's just that way. And yes, his sickness afterwards was very important. He couldn't drive under the influence, now could he? (wink). As for his hot outfit, I really didn't think about what was to become of his leathers. Interesting thought you have, but we'll see who gets them, k? And I hope I didn't make you wait too long.
 
FuTuRe PeRfEcT: Wow, thank you very much! I see a movie in my head and write what I see and hear. It's kinda hard to explain, but I'm glad you like my approach to the characters and their actions. As far as the kissing thing, I had originally planned to have him back out after the confession and run screaming from the guy, but Inu had the guts and the smarts to play it right. If he had run from Jakotsu, then he might have blown his cover. We all know Inu would do anything to bring his enemy down, but kissing his enemy shocks me to high heaven, and always will. I'm just glad to have caught your attention, and I am more than happy to entertain ya.
 
inu2kagfan: Did I like…make you sick? I'm sorry. If it makes ya feel a bit better, I'm still getting over the effects myself (swallows bile at the thought). Don't worry, I won't gross ya out again, least I'm not planning on it…Should I type, “Read on at own accord” at the top of my chappies? (Bites nails)
 
 
There were also a few reviews I received from new readers from previous chapters. I am very glad to see new fans when they comment, but as far as their comments, if they ask for responses, I can email them instead of confusing other readers, which I'm sure there are die hards out there who read even my responses to readers other than themselves. So, thank you very much for reviewing everyone, and now on with the story.
 
Chapter 18
 
 
Inuyasha had a restless night. Full of nightmares and disgusting takes on what could have happened if he hadn't left like he did. He was finding himself very thankful that his stomach was always a bit sensitive. He felt that he not only had an excuse to leave Jakotsu, but also with the screaming in his mind, it seemed like nothing short of a bad dream. If his stomach hadn't of wretched, who knows how much farther the situation would have gone. He felt terrible since he kept waking up and grabbing for Kagome's body. He felt like a little boy suffering from the worst dreams ever.
 
Kagome ended up holding him close and running her hands through his long black hair as she shushed him from his groans and moans of horror. She had told him it was possibly a bad idea. In her mind, he was not only grieving for the experiences he went through just for that confession, but also to finally break the dam on his river of tears building up under his cool façade. She knew he hadn't truly grieved for his wife, and decided to take it upon herself to coddle him and love him in the best ways she could that night.
 
Seeing what he was going through, and how long he had been without his wife, she decided that if she could, she would go in to work and let her boss know what she had decided for her future. As far as Inuyasha being a part of it, that was irrelevant. She felt that after the experience of losing Kikyo through all that, she would ask Inuyasha about what he had seen. To study what went on would be interesting. Even more so than just becoming a brain surgeon. But to press him about what he'd seen at this point was out of the question. He was too far-gone to the point where she worried about whether or not he'd even get any sleep at all in the near future.
 
As the morning's hours ticked away, Kagome's family all went about their routines for Sunday mornings as they generally would. The house was quiet `til about ten in the morning when her mother and son finally left their bedrooms. As Shippo passed Kagome's room, he heard his mother comforting someone. The sounds were muffled, but he could have sworn he heard his mother shushing. He decided to leave well enough alone and head into the kitchen for his breakfast.
 
After a little while, Inuyasha finally fell asleep again. Kagome took that opportunity to slip away and head to the kitchen for something to put in her empty tummy. As she reached for the bowls in the cupboard, Shippo stepped in asking questions. “Mommy? Is there something wrong with Inuyasha?”
 
Kagome turned and looked at her concerned son and smiled as she nodded before turning back to the bowl and pouring a bit of cereal into it. “What's happened to him? Is he crying?” Shippo asked innocently as he sat in the chair facing her.
 
“Yes, Shippo. He's grieving. He'll be all right, sweetie, don't worry.” She replied as she reached for the carton of milk from the fridge.
 
“Why hasn't he come down yet? Will I get to see him?”
 
“Well, he had a rough night. He didn't get much sleep, and frankly, neither did I. He has to get a few things out of his system, and then maybe he'll come down and see everyone.” Kagome said as she set the milk back into the fridge and closed the door.
 
She listened to Shippo express a few of his thoughts on how he could help him feel better as she sat before him and ate her bowl of cereal. She truly was surprised of how much her son cared for the man lying in her bed. He saw Inuyasha as a father after such a short time. What dawned on her as she listened to her son ramble on was how important Inuyasha had become not only to herself, but also to her family. All he needed to do to achieve their acceptance was appear before them and love her as he does.
 
Fate can be funny sometimes. It can simply change lives so drastically to the point where the path they end up walking down is the complete opposite from where they had hoped. However, change can also be a good thing. Kagome had never thought about marrying since the rape. But, she had changed her tune all together once she met Inuyasha. She felt terrible how much his life had changed. She was amazed with how well he had been hanging on and taking it all with a smile on his face. One thing she knew for certain, he is stronger than she could ever hope to be.
 
As Kagome and Shippo finished talking and eating, Kagome returned to her bedroom and saw Inuyasha sitting up once again. He had been sitting on the edge of the bed cradling his head in his hands. She sat beside him and pulled him to her chest as he wrapped his arms around her, tears hitting her chest. She looked at him as strong a few moments ago and then to find him crying on her chest was a contradiction. Inuyasha had been brought to his knees quite literally. She had nothing to do but be his support as he let himself go completely. She just held him to her and rocked him softly.
 
`She's here. With me. Why? Why has all this happened? My wife? My life? It has gone somewhere else completely. I would have never thought I'd find a family once again. Why has God led me here of all places? To the home of the nurse who nurtured my dying wife? Was I meant to find her anyways? Am I to end up with her?'
 
Inuyasha began to question everything that had changed in his life. He only imagined just being happily married to a wonderful woman and then to just spend the rest of his life loving her and providing for her. He never imagined he'd suffer so many losses. His life at the time wasn't making much sense anymore, save for the woman who held him close. Kagome became his meaning, his reason for living. He felt as if Kikyo had become a passing memory to him. His life as he knew it had ended when Kikyo was ripped from the land of the living two months ago. He was given a fresh start.
 
As Kagome rocked Inuyasha gently, she paid close attention to his arms, his sniffles, and his groans. He sorta reminded Kagome of her son after he'd been hounded at school for just being himself. It was as if someone had bullied a poor child and he needed nothing more than to be held and reassured that everything was going to be all right. If there was one thing Kagome knew she was good at, it was comforting others during times of pain.
 
“Kagome?” Inuyasha asked suddenly between sniffles.
 
“Yes, Inu?”
 
“Right now, you're the only part of my life that makes sense. I can't understand why my life has suddenly stopped completely.” He replied as he pulled away to look into her eyes. “Why does it have to be so hard? I've done nothing wrong to anyone.”
 
“Inu, it's not your fault. It's your life. Everyone has hard times in their lives. What matters is how we get through these times when they come.” Kagome replied as she brushed his bangs from his eyes.
 
“But, everything was going so well. What happened really? I just feel so lost.” He said as he hung his head low and directed his eyes to her lap.
 
“Well, I have a philosophy that might help you understand how unpredictable life can be for all of us.” She replied, gaining his full attention once again. “I believe life is like a labyrinth. We all are given a chance to get through the labyrinth using our own devices, virtues, and decision-making skills.
 
“We blindly find our way through hedges taller than we could ever see and hope to take the right paths in order to reach our goals. Each person's goal is as different as the next to come along, but we all have to start in different places to reach the same destination. Sometimes we hit dead ends. Sometimes we hit crossroads and end up making decisions hoping they were the right ones. And at times, we have to back track and start all over again. Though, not all of us have to go to that extreme to reach our true goal.
 
“You, Inuyasha, were given a chance to see a different route provided when you were unaware that possibility existed. Me, I had no idea I was going to meet you, completing my goal. The only hope I have is that I'm your goal deep down inside that heart of yours.” Kagome explained as tears halted in his eyes. His mouth remained a straight line through the whole explanation. Her point of view was an interesting one.
 
“Wow, Kagome. You see things in a very different light from how I've always looked at life. I have a question to ask you.” He replied.
 
“What is it?”
 
“Where do you feel in the labyrinth of life you were when the rape occurred and you ended up with Shippo? Was it a dead end like mine? Or was it a crossroads? Or does the labyrinth you speak of contain traps?” Inuyasha asked curiously.
 
“Well, I think it was a trap more or less, and then I was let off in a crossroads. I could have aborted Shippo, I could have adopted him out, or I could have raised him as my own, and let go of how he came to be in my life. I chose the latter, which led me to your questioning and finding you. I am grateful I chose the route I chose. It led me to you, and to having a wonderful son who loves you very much, as if you were the true father.” Kagome explained, gaining a gasp from Inuyasha in reaction to her last words.
 
“He truly sees me that way?” He asked.
 
“Yes. This morning, he knew I was comforting you for some reason and was very concerned. He even thought up ways to help make you smile and feel better since he loves it when you're happy and carefree. Inuyasha, he has no idea what you went through last night, and I'd like to keep it that way.” Kagome mentioned.
 
“Don't worry; he will never know what I went through last night. As far as my grieving for Kikyo, I will do my best to accept what I can't change. Actually, today I have to look into the funeral arrangements for her. I have to contact the hospital to let them know where she should be sent.” He replied solemnly.
 
“Okay. I'm going there today to let my boss know what my decisions are as far as my future as a nurse.” Kagome replied as she took his hand in hers, rubbing her thumb over his callused skin.
 
“Oh. So, then you've decided to tell her I will pay for your schooling to become more than just a nurse?”
 
“Actually, I'm not going to mention you at all. I will mention that I have a supporter in my endeavor, but I refuse to mention your name due to the fact that I need a good reference.” Kagome stated as she brought her gaze to his.
 
“What? You mean; you're not proud of us? Don't tell me you're planning on keeping our relationship a secret.” Inuyasha responded curtly.
 
“No, that's not it! My life with you is personal, not professional. I see no reason to mention personal information to my boss. She may not rehire me in the future should I need my job back. I am very proud of our relationship, Inuyasha. You have to know how much you mean to me. I no longer have to hide my feelings for you. I love everything about you, and I intend on living my life for you.” Kagome assured him as she brought her left hand to his right cheek in comfort.
 
He leaned into her touch with hurt and confusion in his brows. The only thing he was sure of was his love for this woman touching him. He had decided to choose the same path she walked down. The one that includes someone unexpected in his future. Not only that, but someone he would come to depend on more than anything or anyone else. So much had changed in his life he was unsure of what the future could hold. One thing he had always believed, since his mother and father's deaths, was that `happily ever after' never could exist. However, after coming to the point where he existed in at the moment, he began to rethink that belief.
 
“Kagome, I just realized something important.” Inuyasha said as his eyes opened and revealed gorgeous pools of gold deep in thought. “You and I met at an intersection of that labyrinth, and I decided to take the same route you took. I chose the one that I normally wouldn't have thought I could travel down. I have been unaware this whole time that my life wasn't set in stone. That my life was just as vulnerable to major changes just as yours was back in high school. The fact that our paths crossed at that point and I chose the opposite path. I was given a chance to back track and bump into you again.” He explained calmly.
 
“You're right. Interesting.” Kagome replied as her hand came up to her chin in thought.
 
“But I'm glad I had chosen the path I chose with Kikyo.”
 
“You are? You have no regrets?”
 
“None. The reason why is because who knows what would have happened to you had I chosen the path with you. You would have ended up like Kikyo. Killed because some ass hole felt jealous of the woman I shared my bed with at night. Tsch, what a nutcase. That's the last thing I'd ever let happen to you.”
 
“What about Kikyo? Would she have survived had she not been with you? Who's to say I would have been shot as she had. Are you sure Jakotsu would have lurked in my future with the path I chose? Honestly, I don't think so.” Kagome mentioned.
 
“You sure about that? He's a part of my past and present whether I like it or not. Is it possible I could have avoided him if Kikyo wasn't involved in advertising at Naraku's firm?” He asked in curiosity.
 
“Honestly, that's the unpredictability of fate and the possibilities of what's in our future. We will never truly know what would have happened had we chosen a slightly different path the first time around. That's why we need to do what we can to decide right the next time around. Like I said earlier, you were given a chance to make it right again. Not many people are that blessed to be given such an opportunity.”
 
Inuyasha bowed his head in thought. He never knew of any woman who was as philosophical as Kagome is. She seemed to have all the answers and know what he needed to hear. She knew how to comfort his hurting heart and help him see all that is around him. Life, to him, was so much simpler before Kikyo's shooting. So much so, that he felt life could in fact be simple. He was wrong. Life could never be that simple as to have an explanation such as the one Kagome had presented. It made so much sense he was hanging on every word she had to say. It was as if he was in love with the greatest teacher he had ever met.
 
“Kagome, thank you. You are all I truly need in life.” He said aloud as he pulled her into his arms and held her protectively, silently praying that he never loses her before he dies as he had lost everyone else he'd ever loved.
 
 
@*@
 
 
Kagome left on her way to the hospital after her conversation with Inuyasha. He actually smiled when they finished talking that she finally felt she was able to leave his side without worry. As she walked through the sliding glass doors leading into reception, she looked around as she noticed the feelings from the familiar surroundings. Inuyasha wasn't the only one who had gone through great changes within the past month. She had apparently gone through changes of her own. One of them being the hospital no longer feeling like the place for her. As she stepped up to the elevator and pressed the button for the coma floor, she looked about and listened to the familiar calls for specific doctors and such.
 
When the ding sounded and the doors opened, she stepped into the empty elevator and leaned up against the back wall as she ran over her ambitions one last time in silence. The more she thought about what her next move would be, the better it sounded to her. Her heart grew more passionate each time she milled over it in her mind. Along with her decisions to stay with Inuyasha and take care of him as he healed her heart from her past.
 
Yes, she was starting to heal, but pain still lurked deep down within her soul, eating away at her. It used to be that all she needed to do to heal the hole in her soul was to listen to Shippo laugh. No matter how he came to be in her life, he was indeed a gift to be loved and cherished. The thoughts of her son and how she used to deal with life brought a smile to her face, and confidence to her eyes as the doors parted, revealing to her the hallway she must walk down to reach the end of this destination in life.
 
As Kagome walked down the hall, she heard her boss talking from inside her office to another nurse. As Kagome reached the nurse's station, just outside her boss's office door, she stopped and leaned against the counter as she waited for the opportune moment to make her presence known. After a few moments, she heard the door click open, and a nurse she didn't recognize step out. Since the nurse had no idea who Kagome was, she didn't acknowledge her presence or warn Suki that Kagome was there to see her.
 
After a few moments of paper rustling was heard from the office, Kagome stepped up to the wall beside the door and knocked a few times. “Come in,” was the response from the supervisor.
 
As Kagome stepped into the office, Suki was found sorting through a mess of papers and not paying any attention to who had entered her office. After Kagome had taken her seat, she cleared her throat to gain the woman's attention. As soon as the familiar sound caught the woman's ears, she stopped almost immediately what she was doing and her eyes met Kagome's gaze.
 
“Kagome. What are you doing here?” Suki asked suddenly.
 
“I have made a decision, and you need to hear about it.” Kagome stated simply.
 
“Is that so? What have you decided?” Suki asked as she reclined in her chair while dropping the stack of papers she had collected.
 
“I will resign from this position and go back to school.” Kagome said in an honest tone.
 
“Really? And how did you come to this conclusion? How will you pay for this schooling you plan to go through?”
 
“I have someone I can trust who will fund my tuition and any other expenses that arise while I'm busy studying.” Kagome replied in as cryptic a way as she could.
 
“Really? And what of your relationship with Mr. Tai? Is that still an issue?”
 
“I refuse to answer a question as personal as that. Whatever relationship I may have had with Mr. Tai is irrelevant to the decision I have chosen to make here. All I know, is I desire to go much further than nursing in the neurological field. I want to have a more hands on approach to the study of neurology.” Kagome replied in a professional tone.
 
Suki didn't flinch in response to Kagome's answer, but she wasn't exactly happy with the response either. In Suki's eyes, Kagome had just revealed that the supporter was obviously the rich man who had just lost his wife. She inwardly called her a tramp as she leaned forward in her chair and rested her elbows on her desk as she replied with, “So, it is Mr. Tai then who will be funding your schooling. You haven't ended the relationship, have you?”
 
“Honestly, that is none of your business.” Kagome replied.
 
“It is my business if I am to refer you to another clinic or hospital in the future. You must realize what it means to your career if you end up in private intimate relationships with your patients!” Suki blurted out.
 
“And that's just what it is, PERSONAL! Honestly, I have not progressed on that relationship! Will you just let it go? I want to pursue more in the field! That is all!” Kagome was clearly losing her patience with the woman. Her personal life was just that, personal and no one else's business.
 
As she figured, Suki had replaced her and considered her gone already. With the way Suki was hounding her, it was as if she was just a delinquent ex-employee who didn't belong in her office. Like the scum left on the floor from someone's dirty shoe.
 
“Well, if that's your wish, so be it. And you're right; it is none of my business as of now since you have readily resigned. I will need a letter of resignation, and you will need to fill out this exit interview which you may return within the next few days.” She drawled out as she sifted through her filing cabinet under her desk.
 
Kagome finally relaxed as the woman changed her focus to things that are more important. Kagome had never been pressed as Suki had pressed her for information. Even when Inuyasha was trying to learn of her past, he was much more forgiving in the pressing department. As Kagome received the packet of papers, Kagome bowed in thanks and said a short goodbye to Suki.
 
On her way out, she pulled out her cell phone as she stepped through the glass doors and towards her car. As she climbed in, she dialed the number to Inuyasha's cell.
 
(click) “Hello?”
 
“Hey, Inu. It's Kagome.”
 
“Hey. So, how did it go?”
 
“Well, okay, other than the fact that she attacked me like I was a delinquent child. She accused me of having a relationship with you.”
 
“What did you do?”
 
“I denied it of course, saying it was personal and that all I wanted to do was pursue the field.”
 
“You denied me, huh? *sigh*”
 
“Inuyasha, you know I was lying to her.”
 
“Ya know I don't get why we have to keep our love secret. Our hearts chose, not us. This relationship means a lot to me, ya know. So much more than any other relationships I've had. She's too much a busy body to understand the situation. Why did you let her walk all over you like that?” He shot out.
 
“Listen, Inuyasha. I did the right thing. She's the only person who I needed to refuse you before. She's the type to blow our relationship all out of proportion and screw my life over!”
 
“Well, who says you HAVE to pursue the field? I can support you no matter what! If some stupid hag were to stand in your way, then you weren't meant to have that path! But to deny me before someone? You have nothing to hide, Kagome. You did nothing wrong!”
 
“Inuyasha, I will talk to you about this later.” Kagome said simply and folded her phone shut. A moment later, the phone rang. As she saw the number, she opened the phone and held down the end button, turning the phone off. After the lights went off on the phone, she sat in the driver's seat and eyed her phone in shock. She and Inuyasha had their first fight as a couple.
 
Yes, she understood how her lying about her relationship with him felt, but she honestly had no choice. With the field she chose to pursue, their relationship would be forbidden. With how he was with her in the beginning, she figured he would understand. Well, with how hurt he had been due to the changes in his life, she felt for him. Everything he stood for before the shooting had come to a close. He no longer sang the same creed. No longer the naive young man he once was. She chose to toss the phone into the passenger seat and lay her head upon her arms on the steering wheel as she shook her head in confusion and frustration.
 
 
@*@
 
 
As the phone disconnected from Kagome all of a sudden, Inuyasha sat on the bed and stared at the phone in shock. He hadn't expected her to hang up on him. After a few moments, he tried dialing her number again, only to be met with her voice through the answering service. He left a message asking her where Kikyo had been taken to and asked her to call him when she had cooled down.
 
As he finished, he folded his phone shut and tossed it to the other side of the bed. The side she occupies. He sat there and eyed the spot where his phone came to rest and an image of her lying there as she had the few nights before came to mind. The relationship they had gained through all the muck had come to mean so much to him that he'd go so far as to buy her a ring. He wanted to be someone she was proud to mention to anyone. Proud to say she was finally in love. To know he could be that to her gave his life a new meaning. He had in essence performed a miracle.
 
However, her actions for her own personal gain caused him anger. He would never set his future above his relationship with someone like her. He had already declared to her that he wanted nothing more than to support her, her mother, and her son. But she feels the need to remain successful. To him, that made him feel a bit inadequate in the fact that he had never known success in his life. Everything was handed to him. He just did what he loved and worked on cars. He never needed to go to college to become something. He went to study what he loved.
 
As far as he was concerned, she could still go to school and study Neurology if she wanted to. Her knowledge means more than anything else, even over her past with him as a nurse, right? He shook his head and fell back onto the bed. As he stared up at the ceiling, he crossed his arms over his chest and let out a strong, “Keh!” before letting silence overtake the bedroom once again as he thought through his frustrations.
 
 
@*@
 
 
Well, this was a fun chapter to write. I'm sorry it took so long to get this posted. I had been literally kidnapped last weekend, and then when I came back, there was no connection to the internet because of a faulty splitter. So, yeah…I know, more excuses. I am still grateful for your patience, and I am still working hard to get back into the weekly updates like before. Let's put it this way, life sucks sometimes (shrug). Anyways, once again, I am very thankful for your reviews, and the success of this fic still and always will amaze me. Hope ya enjoyed the chappy, and `til next time! Ja ne!
e asH