InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unbreak My Heart ❯ Breaking point ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and all related characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi… *

note
: rated PG-13, R in future chapters for adult situations and suggestive sexual content (lemon/lime/fluff) Please respect this rating and read on with caution.

Special thanks goes to my beta reader Lynda!! *



by: Angelstars*
email: angtanuk@yahoo.co.uk
beta reader: nekochan (614) *

----

Unbreak My Heart

3.3 - Breaking point

--Last Chapter…

Inuyasha's eyes widened after hearing Kagome say those things. She had to leave this place because it was being torn down, and that meant the well would also be… His insides panicked and he knew how she felt just at that moment because his heart suddenly began to tear at his chest twisting in pain. Kagome had to make a choice and it was not easy on her…not only that but she had tried to confide in him that morning and he threw it back in her face! How could he have been so stupid?

He lowered his head and flattened his ears against his head, Kagome would not leave because of him…that meant she would never see her family again, she would give up her life here to stay by his side but with a price…but what if he could stop this from happening or better still, make that choice easier on her.

What was more important to him, his happiness or hers?

He needed to think about all of this but deep down he knew what he had to do.

--Continuation…

Kagome packed her bag ready to head back through the well to spend what little time she had left with her friends from the past. After the emotional Higurashi family meeting that afternoon, Kagome was actually looking forward to getting away from the problem at hand. The council had given them two weeks to vacate and move out instead of one week like they originally said (giving in to her mothers pleas for more time). What she could not understand was why the council was going to go as far as ripping down what is a historical recreational site. The tree being there should also have saved the old temple, but the council announced the god tree would not be touched and they would simply build around it.

Sighing she finished the last bit of clothing and medical supplies packing. "There has to be some kind of mistake - I'm not going to stand by and allow this place to be destroyed. And the past is the best place to start gathering historical facts. Then we can prove to the council this old temple shrine has historical sacredness and is worth saving!" With her mind positively set on keeping her home and passage to the past, she set her bag upon her shoulders and made her way to the well house.

--

Inuyasha anxiously watched the well while pacing back and forth in front of it; he had been waiting for Kagome to return from her time ever since he heard the bad news. His mind was still confused and jumbled with a thousand and one thoughts, all mainly focussing on Kagome. He was grateful that she took her time and spent most of the afternoon there; it gave him a while to think…not that thinking helped him much, he was still at a Loose end??

He stopped pacing when he felt that familiar twinge that rippled through his body when the well had been activated from the other side. `Well this is it now or never' he thought keeping his eyes and nose alert.

Kagome hoisted herself up the wall of the well keeping clear of the nettles and poison ivy that had overgrown the very vines she used as a ladder. Nearing the top she swung her bag over her shoulder and lifted her weight up onto the well's lip, soon pulling her head over the edge bringing her face to face with Inuyasha, who was crouching eye level with her.

"Inuyasha?"

He narrowed his eyes and moved his face so his nose was touching the tip of her's. "I thought I made myself clear this morning?" he snapped.

"Umm…yea…I was going to talk to you about what happened…but…" She stuttered, but was cut off when he grunted in annoyance and pulled himself to the ground crossed legged, and hands crossed over his chest.

"What's there to talk about, wench? I said all I wanted to say, and I meant it!" He barked at her.

"W-what? Inuyasha, I'm sorry about what happened this morning, but I don't understand…what do you mean?" She replied unevenly with hurt evident in her eyes.

`SHIT! This isn't the plan?!' his inner thoughts berated him. Inuyasha did not seem to be listening to reason right now; his mind was set on his original intent.

Making her decision easier.

"Keh, I said not to come back here. Naraku is dead, and the jewel is whole once more, so you hold no other importance. You've done what you came to do, you are no longer needed or wanted…now go back to where you came from and stay there this time!"

Kagome kept her gaze upon him as she calmly pulled herself from the well. She set her skirt straight before stomping over to the hanyou, who sat smugly on the ground below her. She looked down at him with cold black eyes.

"For your information dog-boy, I've got some things to do before I leave here for good…" She began digging her fingers and balling them into her fist so hard her knuckles where turning white. "So deal with it!!" She finished, raising her voice as a pulse of miko energy flew from her fisted hands to the ground in front of him.

His eyes widened before he looked back up at her. "Kagome?"

"What?!" She snapped back.

"What the fuck is your problem, bitch?" He retorted shifting up to stand above her.

"Get out of my way, Inuyasha." She quietly warned him, letting more dark flakes of energy pulse through her arms and hands to the ground below her.

He eyed her suspiciously before snorting and leaping off into the forest.

With no signs of him coming back, Kagome merely picked her bag of supplies up and made her way to the village to ask for her friends help.

Inuyasha watched her from high up in the trees before looking down at the small youkai demon on his shoulder. "Ok, so you said something about this `dark' miko energy being some kind of omen. Then why the fuck didn't you tell me that it was Kagome who was being affected?!"

"Lord Inuyasha, I did mention Lady Kagome a few times - she is the dark miko." The small flea retainer replied.

"Keh, stupid fucking bitch." Inuyasha rolled his eyes back in annoyance. "Does she always need fucking looking after?! I swear that wench is more trouble than she's worth!"

Myouga looked up at him knowingly, "Hai, my lord what ever one pleases to believe."

"Feh" Inuyasha snorted and flicked the youkai flea off his shoulder.

--

Kagome entered Kaede's hut with a smile and greeted her friends for the second time that day. "Hey guys, I'm back!"

"Kagome!" came a small voice

Kagome's eye lit up when Shippo pounced from the floor straight into her chest and nuzzled up to her affectionately. "Nice to see you too, Shippo-chan." She said giving him a tight squeeze before looking up at her other friends.

"Kagome-chan, you took longer than an hour. We were starting to worry." Sango spoke first.

"Gomen, it didn't go to well. I got home and we all gathered to discuss the move, but things got out of hand from there…" She stammered slightly and sat down in front of her companions.

"We are pleased to see you back, Kagome-sama. Have you any more news to inform us?" Miroku inquired politely.

Kagome nodded, "Hai, I was wondering if you'd all help me save the shrine? I mean by gathering evidence that the temple holds as much sacred protection as the god tree! We have under two weeks to prove to the council back in Tokyo wrong."

Miroku and Sango nodded and smiled, "Of course we'll help you, Kagome-chan. We do not want you to leave either nor do we wish your home to be taken from you."

"Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this means to me!" Kagome smile widened.

"Does this mean that you might be staying after all, Kagome?" Shippo asked hopefully.

Kagome's smile soon flawed when she looked down at the small fox-cub. "Umm…I hope so," she whispered, petting him between the ears in hopes that would be a good enough answer for the young youkai.

--

Meanwhile…

Inuyasha sat on his favourite branch of Goshinboku brooding over yet another argument with Kagome. Sighing he grunted under his breath and tried to block his scolding thoughts - his plan did not go the way he originally meant it to go; once again he fucked up. And Kagome did not react the way he thought she would when he told her to leave, not to mention that miko energy she had emitted disturbed him, it was almost like she had control but did not realise she was doing it.

"Inuyasha?"

"Damn it, what is it now?!" he snapped.

The old miko ignored his tone and called him down once more before Inuyasha snorted a `feh' and leaped down in front of her baring his fangs.

"What?"

"Inuyasha, have ye and Kagome been having words?" Kaede calmly asked him.

He leered down at her before narrowing his eyes and crossing his arms, "Keh, what's it to you babaa?"

"Have thee noticed anything different about young Kagome of late?" she continued.

"Get to the point babaa, you mean the dark miko shit she seems to like throwing at me every time we argue?"

"Hai, so it has begun…" She spoke quietly lowering her head to look down at the scroll she held in her hands.

"Not you too, the old man here has been talking shit about omens and you look like…well you look like crap - what's with the face old woman?" Inuyasha scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Kaede looked up from the scroll, "The minds eye, to see with your heart not with thy eyes but look to the soul for there you will find the key…" She murmured quietly under her breath before continuing, "Inuyasha, set aside any misunderstandings ye have with Kagome and come back to the village now."

"Keh, you're losing it, old woman and why the fuck should I?" He grunted arrogantly after her retreating form.

"Come along, Inuyasha tis more to this than you think." Kaede called over her shoulder as she made her way back through the forest.

"Damnit all…grrr" were his last words before giving in and following the same path Kaede had taken back to the village.

--

Kagome smiled down at the slumbering kit in her lap before gratefully accepting Sango's offer of moving him near a slumbering Kirara.

"Thanks, Sango." Kagome whispered.

"Kagome-sama, have you thought anymore on how we may go about gathering this evidence to help save your home?" Miroku asked from the opposite end of the room.

Kagome looked up at the monk, who sat in front of the fire and stove tasting the stew that boiled over it. "Hai, I was thinking that maybe lady Kaede could give me some help with the whole god tree coming to be. Then maybe we could piece together why the shrine would have been constructed…" She had to admit even this confused her but as long as she could get a hold of any plausible information on the temple and its hold - she was willing to do anything to save her home.

Miroku nodded in approval before continuing his stew stirring, not before taking a small glance as Sango leaned over Kirara and Shippo and with a sly smile forming over his lips he coolly leaned over to test how far he could get before Sango noticed what he was about to do. Conclusion. Same results he thought dryly as the large menacing Hiraikotsu hit its target.

Kagome giggled - Something as routine as this was something she would miss dearly if the well were to be destroyed. Her giggling soon turned to a rather large solemn sigh, which brought the attention of Sango and Miroku. "Kagome-chan, we'll work something out - don't be so negative, positive thoughts are so much better, isn't that what you always say?"

"Yeah, I guess so…" Her smile grew wider with that small boost Sango had managed to muster, "I'm starving! Is the stew ready yet, Miroku?" she continued happily.

"Hai, Kagome-sama go ahead," he replied, rubbing his sore head as Sango took a seat beside him.

Kagome smiled and handed them both a full bowl of stew before picking up her own "Mnn…smells good, Miroku!" She breathed, getting ready to dig in when Kaede and Inuyasha walked in.

Kagome's eyes lowered and darkened slightly at the sight of the hanyou. "On second thoughts, I'm not so hungry now. Excuse me," she said quietly before setting her bowl down on the floor and heading out of the room.

Miroku and Sango both looked at one another oddly then up at Kaede, who just sighed and seated herself down on a near by futon.

Inuyasha stubbornly sat in a dark corner of the room in silence before he noticed Sango, Miroku and Kaede where all staring at him. "What the fuck are you staring at?!" he growled threateningly.

"Remember what I told thee, Inuyasha." Kaede said in their defence.

"Feh" He snorted and shoot up from the corner to follow Kagome.

--
Kagome lay in her sleeping bag alone in the dark room, tears had already started to fall from her eyes; she mentally berated herself for allowing him to get to her this much. He was the last person she wanted to see right now and when he came in to the hut, she felt that sting in her heart remembering those harsh words he had spoken to her.

"Kagome?" she heard his gruff voice call her

"Go away, Inuyasha" she seethed through gritted teeth, she really did not want to fight with him again.

"Kagome, you stupid bitch get up." He growled down at her.

Kagome heaved herself up from the floor and looked up at him with red puffy eyes "I said go AWAY!"

He snorted and grabbed a hold of her arm and pulled her in to his chest. "What's wrong with you, Kagome?"

Kagome pulled herself out of his hold easily and swung around to leave the room. "Like you said, Inuyasha you made yourself clear this morning. I'm not needed nor wanted so why the hell should you care what's wrong with me?!" She spat out bitterly before he caught up to her and swung her back around to face him.

"Listen, you stupid wench!" He began, but was cut short when Kagome picked up fight and lashed out at him. This was her breaking point…

"NO! YOU listen to ME! I don't want to speak to you; I don't ever want to see you again! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Inuyasha would not give in easily and never let go of her arm he growled under his breath when she managed to struggle free he stood still when he felt a surge of electricity run through him. Kagome looked up at him with dark black eyes her face was now white void of any colour, "Let go of me now, Inuyasha…" She said sternly, never breaking eye contact with him.

"Ka-gome?" He breathed unsteadily, catching a hold of her arm once more.

"I said, let go of me, Inuyasha." She repeated darkly.

Inuyasha took a small step back when he felt a small jolt of pain ripple up his arm, but refused to let her go. Kagome continued to stare up at him, her face void of any emotion as her hand moved up to collide with his cheek, leaving him to stumble back and touch his reddened mark.

"I hate you…!" She cried out and ran out of the room sobbing into her hands.

Kaede, Sango and Miroku heard Kagome stumble through the room sobbing uncontrollably, making a hasty exit from the hut.

"Kagome-chan? What's wrong, what's happened?" Sango asked with concern getting up to follow the distraught girl.

"Please, stay away from me!" Kagome sobbed through tears as she ran out of the hut into the darkness of the night.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha stood in shook for a few minutes before letting loose an angry snarl.

"Bitch!"

"Sango, leave it be, " Miroku said grabbing a hold of her when she attempted to follow Kagome out of the hut.

"But, Miroku-sama…" She was cut off when Inuyasha leaped through the door growling angrily.

"Inuyasha, what happened?" Sango asked blocking the seething hanyou from leaving the hut without an explanation.

"Get the fuck out of my way, Sango," he barked at her.

"Sango," Miroku spoke motioning for her to stand aside. Sango shook her head stubbornly and gave him a sour look before a loud piercing scream coming from the disturbed kitsune cub took away her attention.

Inuyasha's patience wore thin when he picked Sango up and moved her out of his way "Not now!" He snapped at her and ran after Kagome.

--

Kagome ran through the forest blinded with more tears, the sudden feeling of daja vú hitting her like a tone of bricks. How could he be so uncaring? What happened back there? Why was this happening? If her heart had been breaking before, it had definitely smashed into thousands of pieces now - It was all too much for her to take; she had reached her breaking point and needed some kind of release. She continued heading deeper into unsafe territory beating away loose overgrowth and branches that scrapped at her arms and face. The moon had disappeared under a blanket of dark clouds and the forest seemed to feel threateningly cold, but still she continued swallowing back heavy retching of sobs that escaped her mouth. Her eyes had stop seeing straight a while back, her only guide being her legs right now and they showed no sign of stopping any time soon.

Inuyasha followed her scent as he leaped from tree to tree growling every once so often, following with a whole lot of cursing "That stupid girl…hitting me with that damn miko shit…"

He was more than pissed and if that was not enough the moon had decided to hide from sight so his demon senses where beginning to wane "Fucking hell!" He let loose another snarl and took off faster than he could ever remember going before. Kagome was in trouble now and god only knew what was going to be said when he caught up to her.

Kagome finally gave into the retching and keeled over gripping at her stomach in pain with every passing heave - her coughing violently shook her whole body as she clenched her eyes tightly shut allowing the pain to consume her entire being.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled from a tree above her before landing down right in front of her. She opened her eyes just enough to see his wide golden orbs filled with worry and hurt -

"Get away from me!" She whimpered through gritted teeth.

"Kagome, what's wrong with you!?"

"Inuyasha! Leave me alone!!" She warned him once more before picking herself up from the ground.

Inuyasha was too quick for her and caught her just as she tried to run from his side. "Kagome, stop being a fucking idiot and talk to me!" He barked with worry.

"Go to hell, Inuyasha. That's where you want to be isn't it?" She spat back in his face.

Inuyasha looked down at her wide-eyed, "What the fuck brought this on?!"

".." She remained silent.

"I asked you a damn question, wench," he jerked her up against his body pulling her small frame into his chest.

Kagome looked up at him her eyes darkened once more as black bolts of energy whipped through both her and Inuyasha, who now clenched his teeth to help ease the pain.

"I can make it easier on you, Inuyasha…" She whispered, bringing her lips up to his face. "Let me help you…" She lifted a hand up behind his head and gently tangled her fingers through his hair pulling him into her embrace.

"Bitch…" Inuyasha managed to say through bared fangs before hungrily claiming her lips as his own.

Their kiss was deep with passion as his tongue caressed hers, causing her to moan with ecstasy into his mouth, more bolts of energy now freely surrounded them ripping through their bodies and slashing at their skin. Inuyasha's chest rumbled with arousal when Kagome fell into him deepening their desperate hunger filled kissing, but soon felt his body start to weaken under the strain from the dark miko energy she was fused with. The last of his conscious feelings where that of Kagome lowering her hands from his head and tenderly dragging trailing fingers across his back and chest.

Then came darkness.


---

Eh…I'm so evil leaving it there, I hope that didn't sound like a broken record? 0_o eep, but this chapter was lime scented toward the end fluff is so needed to calm that sexual tension those two are completely suffering from lol -Kagome and her problems (poor girl she's been thro enough huh?) eh, what with the shrine being taken away from her and now this small problem she has controlling her miko powers eh then what about Inuyasha? Why is he acting like the biggest baka in all of history?!! (still he is cute!)

I'm afraid the rating is bordering on the edge of PG-13 so it will be taking a R rating after this chapter the next is citrus scented: lemon with aspects of lime I hope you all don't mind waiting tho ^^;

Talking of reviewers sheesh I'm scared of you all ^^; the threats are just to scary for me especially the pink bunny kind 0_o but you can all continue threatening me cause even tho you do, I love you all! Thank you I still feel loved ^.^ (even if some rather me die if I don't continue) *chuckles* your words of wisdom are my only motivation ^_^