InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unbreak My Heart ❯ part two: Hiru no Tsuki ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and all related characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi… *
* Outlaw Star lyrics © respected artist.

note: rated PG-13, R in future chapters for adult situations and suggestive sexual content (lemon/lime/fluff) Please respect this rating and read on with caution.



Special thanks goes to my beta reader Lynda!! *


by: Angelstars*
email: angtanuk@yahoo.co.uk
beta reader: nekochan (614) *

----

Unbreak My Heart


7.7b - part two: Hiru no Tsuki (Daytime Moon)


-- last chapter

Taken from 7.7a - part one: Unspoken Desires (NC-17 version Teaser)

She felt a need, and urgency to do this as if it would be her only chance. "Don't stop." She whispered her voice raspy under her breathlessness. Inuyasha gave into her desires and lowered his lips to meet hers once again in a passionate embrace…



With a mixture of pain so pleasurable it hurt so good, she whipped her head back and gripped onto him, clenching her fists into his hair, before screaming out his name through tightly clenched teeth. The evidence of release soon took over when she fell limply into his grip. Exhausted.

The blood rush Inuyasha felt as he calmed down from his feral release was burning his veins; her intoxicating scent enticed his next move. The mark. He so clearly could see it from where Kagome was limply spread over his chest, worn from their mating. His amber depths watched her breathe evenly, her slumbering form spent completely. Inuyasha lowered his head to seat his chin on her shoulder holding his transfixed gaze upon the raised mark made by his own fangs.

He had no memories of this experience. Why?

His nose twitched slightly, another shift in her scent. She was dreaming.

-- continuation

* One soundless mid-day, the wind was so cheerful. Flower petals sway in the breeze as if they were sleepy. This serene feeling… Tell me, what's the word people use for it? Tell me a story that's locked away in the white-sand moon. Let me hear it as gently as light shining down… Will the time come? When you will know the pain in my heart? Then you'd be able to be gentler that you are now. Such a warm feeling… Tell me, what's the name that people give it? Softly, let me hear of the distant future, so bright it can't be seen, like a white-sand moon. - `Hiru no Tsuki' (Outlaw Star soundtrack)

--
*
Kagome frantically looked about in the darkness, she was alone once again.

"Inuyasha! Don't leave me! Inuyasha…please don't leave me!!" Her voice carried, echoing all around her.

Silence.

"INUYASHA!"

Her eyes snapped open and she found herself looking up into the face of Inuyasha. A wave of relief over took her just as she quelled her urge to kiss him. She chose not to disturb him while he slept; she felt he needed the most sleep-especially after what they had been doing hours ago. She blushed deeply at the small remembrance.

Her thoughts soon turned darkly sombre when she felt the familiar heartache she so had gotten used to over the last week and a half.

Kaede

Quietly, Kagome searched for her clothing only to discover them ripped to shreds. A small smile curled at her lips as she took the only intact piece of clothing she could wear. She slipped the red-fire rat haori over her small shoulders, its weight lay heavy on them and its length gathered at her ankles.

Once satisfied with her coverage she shifted away from the slumbering hanyou and took to the back of the woods.

Inuyasha's nose twitched as he opened one of his eyes. The lack of warmth gave away Kagome's presence, plus the fact her scent was now thinning out around him. Grunting, Inuyasha lifted himself from the ground, bringing himself into a crouch and lifted his nose in the air, taking in the direction in which Kagome's scent were strongest. He grumbled under his breath noticing the missing garment that belonged to him. Keh, stupid girl

Kagome stood at the foot of the Goshinboku tree, one hand lay upon the base of the trunk while the other rested over her heart, her head nestled against its reassuring bark. She closed her eyes and smiled as images of Inuyasha flashed before her.

The sacred tree is…important to me. It will always be sacred to me. This tree holds more memories, special memories for me.

Inuyasha…

"Don't you know I need you?" Her voice breached was barely above audible.

I don't know where I belong. Do I even exist? I come from the future, but I live in the past. How can I possibly fit in both time periods?

If I leave, there is no turning back. If I stay, then I leave my family behind. My home. My friends. My school. My life.

"My life?" She began. "Isn't my life here with Inuyasha?"

I'm so confused. I don't even know who I am anymore. Where I belong. If I even belong?

Sighing, she opened her eyes and looked up into the depths of its beauty, "Kaede-bachan, why did you have to go?"

She could feel the breeze that brushed up against her face, caressingly soothing her. The warmth that circled around brought leaves up in a small tornado whirlwind-its small hints of foliage connecting to her skin. "What will happen to Inuyasha when I leave?" She whispered, breathing in the scent of freshly fallen dewdrops.

The wind blew in her ear whistling its response, but Kagome seemed not to hear its answer. Her mind lay somewhere deep in thought, her eyes glazed over with sadness.

"Do I have to leave so soon?" The last of her soft questions reached the sensitive ears of the Inu-hanyou, who stood above her from a distance.

"Kagome…"

--

Inuyasha leaped from the branch he had been watching her from. "Kagome…" He murmured.

"Kagome, talk to me." he (He) pleaded, feeling panic rise within him when she did not answer for the second time.

This time he reached out and cupped her cheeks with his hands bringing her face up. He tried to look into her eyes, but every time he came close to, she altered her glance.

"I'm so sorry…I'm so sorry…" She repeated, her voice raspy and hushed.

Inuyasha was taken aback, confused, and worried all at the same time. "Kagome," He gently soothed, pulling her closer.

She never responded but pulled away from him; once again he looked down with confusion set in his golden eyes.

"Kago-" He began just as she interrupted him.

Kagome backed away and turned her back on him, her voice distant and cold. "I need to be alone, Inuyasha. Please."

Inuyasha was about to reach out and pull her back but within seconds, however, she was out of his sight as the mist clouded around her descending form.

--

*Flash back*

"Can ye remember what I told thee at the beginning?" Kaede looked up at the inpatient hanyou in front of her.

"Only by working together will ye be able to complete the Shikon no Tama."

"Heh, so what?" He replied uninterested in anything the older woman had to say.

"Inuyasha, was that not the truth?" She retorted, fumbling around a mixture of herbal leaves.

Inuyasha's ears twitched with annoyance, "Aa, but what's that gotta do with the wench acting scarier than usual?! She's pissing out dark miko energy here and there…and all directed at me!?!" he emphasised with a clawed hand, "What the fuck is with that?!"

The older miko chuckled under her breath, "It seems Kagome is experiencing some minor side effects…"

"Minor?! Fuck, is that what you call her trying to kill me??!??!" The high strung hanyou growled,

"Listen Babaa, I don't give a shit about why, I just want to know who's doing this so I can kick shit outta them. Got it?! "

"Its not that simple, Inuyasha. If it were I would tell ye. But I cannot say, I, myself do not know what is happening to Kagome." She replied shaking her head in a defeated sigh.

"Keh!"

This will only end in pain if ye continue to push Kagome aside.

"I watched you from a distance. The night Kagome first came through the well." Kaede informed the peeved Inu-hanyou.

"What?!" He snapped back jerking his head up to glare up at her.

"Hai," she smiled, "I could do nothing to help."

Inuyasha raised one eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest, "Oh, I see… you just watched at a safe distance and let me get my ass fried." He sarcastically huffed before mumbling, "Feh, thanks babaa."

Inuyasha, when ye reached out to touch Kagome there was a brilliant flash of light and when it disappeared…thee were gone.

*End Flash back*

Keh, if that old woman would have just told me more…stupid old hag, why is it we need her now more than ever. Grrr this is pissing me off. Stupid humans. Inuyasha thought inwardly, before following Kagome back to the small village.

--

Kagome entered the clearing of the forest, and continued through the village, ignoring the casting glances from the near by villages. Sango was watching over Kirara and Shippo as they slept under the shade of hut.

"Kagome-chan?" She gasped, staring at her with widened eyes. "Kagome-chan, what happened? Are you alright?" She panicked, rushing to the young miko's side.

Kagome looked up at her long-time female friend, "Hai, I am fine Sango." Her voice still filtered with sorrow.

"Kagome-chan, why are you wearing Inuyasha's haori? Did something happen?" She asked, slowly eyeing the girl from head to toe for any abrasions or other signs of struggle. Inwardly berating herself over the insane thought of Inuyasha hurting Kagome. She knew better.

Kagome meekly smiled, "My clothes…are umm…well…"

Sango smiled reassuringly back, "No need to explain anything, Kagome-chan. I'm just concerned you may have gotten hurt or something." She lifted her gaze slightly. "Where is Inuyasha?"

"He's not that far behind. In fact, he's in the largest tree west of here." She replied without thought.

Sango looked over and toward where Inuyasha was perched in the tree Kagome said he would be. Wide-eyed and in total awe at the seemingly unaware miko, Sango took the girl inside the hut turning only to see Inuyasha heading closer.

--

The hut was hauntingly cold and dark as the two female's entered the room Miroku meditated silently in.

"Houshi-sama?" Sango whispered.

One of eyes opened in reply. Before a smile crept over his lips, the gleam in his eyes twinkled. "Sango, Kagome-sama is back…" His eyes only just picking up on the young priestess attire.

"Kagome-sama?" He asked instinctively getting up to approach the girl. Lingering hands were warned off when a threatening growl rumbled from the shadows of the room.

"Ah, Inuyasha, I see you found, Kagome-sama" He eyed him suspiciously.

"Back off, bozu!" He reddened angrily.

Knowing that Inuyasha meant the unspoken threat the monk backed down, but still questioned the young girl about her, for better word, lack of clothing.

His questions were answered with yet more growls, Miroku took the hint and set his jaw. The small group sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity, all happy with each other's company. However, the painful time had come for Kagome to annoyance her decision.

"I'm going back" Her voiced pierced the silence.

It was the hardest thing she had ever had to say, it pained her to even think it, so speaking it was killing her utterly.

Kagome had gotten dressed into her miko robes and given back Inuyasha's fire-rat haori when the cub had yet to be told of the news.

"No! You can't go, you can't leave! Kagome please…" His scratchy voice pleaded.

"Shippo-chan, please understand. Its hard for me too." Kagome softly replied.

The kitsune turned to face Inuyasha and bared his small fangs, as he fisted one hand into his palm. "I can't believe you're just going to let her GO!" He yelled at the hanyou.

"Shippo-chan, don't shout at Inuyasha." Kagome begged reaching out to soothe his anger.

Shippo jerked away from her reassuring hand, "Its all his fault!" He screamed bitterly, before taking off into the forest.

"No…" Kagome gasped picking herself up to go after the cub.

"Kagome, leave him be." Inuyasha quietly commanded her.

"I don't understand" She lowered her head.

"He has every right to be upset. Don't let it upset you, Kagome." Inuyasha stated.

"But, its not your fault." She shook her head bringing her head back up. Inuyasha retuned her gaze knowingly.

--

Kagome finished giving Miroku a small friendly hug, kissing him once on the cheek. "Bye, Miroku-sama." She whispered, "Thank you for everything."

"No, I thank you, Kagome-sama. " He whispered back, the intimidating growl behind him warned him to look but not touch.

She smiled and turned to her best female friend, her sister she had come to love and look up to.

"Sango, I'm going to miss you so much."

"Kagome-chan, I'm going to miss you too " She replied taking Kagome into her arms.

"Please promise me something, Sango?" Kagome whispered into her ear.

"Anything," the demon huntress replied.

"Let Miroku know how you feel."

Sango's eyes widened a blush now apparent on her face. "Hai, Kagome-chan, I will keep that promise."

With that she petted Kirara and looked up at Inuyasha. He nodded and picked her up onto his back. She took one last look, silently praying that Shippo would come back.

"I love you guys." She waved at them as Inuyasha leaped out of the village.

Once out of sight, Sango fell to her knees sobbing into her hands. Miroku was at her side instantly soothing her with words of utter most care.

"Houshi-sama…" she whispered

"Please Sango, call me Miroku." He replied picking up her chin and giving her a small kiss on the forehead.

--

Inuyasha landed smoothly a ways from the well putting his precious cargo down safely.

With their faces only inches apart, they stared at each other, uncertain of what to do; their proximity had left them both speechless and breathless for several long moments.

Time had undeniably frozen.

"So…we both agree that the well be destroyed either end, ne?" Kagome quietly confirmed.

"Hai" Inuyasha nodded.

"I guess this is it then?" Kagome tried to smile.

"Aa," Inuyasha paused, a pained look in his eyes, "Gomen, Kagome."

"Inuyasha…" She breathed falling into his chest. Inuyasha's arms held her tightly to him, his cheek pressed on top of her head.

He had messed up every chance to do anything right, but at the moment, doing things right was of the utmost importance. He needed to tell her the truth.

"I don't really want you to go, Kagome. I never meant to say those things. I'm an ass and a jerk." He swallowed hard. This was harder than he thought it would be. Was it meant to hurt this much?

"I-Inuyasha …" Kagome's muffled voice sharply chocked.

Inuyasha pulled away from her at arms length. Both his clawed hands gripped at her shoulders, he leaned down and kissed her lips with all the emotion he could muster.

Parting after the tender moment, "You call that a kiss?" Kagome prodded gently, her blue eyes peered into his auburn ones as if she were searching his soul.

"Keh, bitch. You're so rude, shut up," he snorted, nipping her nose playfully.

"For a moment there I thought you were going all serious on me?" She retorted and smiled sweetly at him, affectionately running her hand once through his hair.

"Heh, no fucking chance!"

Their smiles faulted slightly, whom were they trying to fool? The pain was ripping at both of their chests, their souls fought to keep their spirits as one. Though out of reach, the well being the only separator that connected their worlds together in harmony.

The walls came crashing down. A small child-like voice reached their ears. "Kagome?"

"Shippo-chan, I thought you weren't coming." Kagome chocked through tears.

"I couldn't let you leave without saying good-bye, Kagome." His eyes downcast, "Kagome? May I call you Okaa-chan?" Shippo asked with a childish curiosity, which made Kagome smile.

"Hai, Shippo-chan." She replied through streaming tears gathering the kit into her chest.

Inuyasha listened on in silence as the small kitsune cub and surrogate mother said their final words. Having Shippo turn up seemed to make it hurt more, his heart was twisting with pain, and his breath was short.

Gods, get a fucking grip… he inwardly berated. Still, how many more times will his heart feel this pain? The truth be known, he wanted the pain to stop, he wanted to stop feeling all together.

The jewel can help with that…

Shut up

"Inuyasha?" Kagome's soft voice lulled him free of resentment. Her eyes were moist and blotchy from tears old and new, but she was the most beautiful sight and her heavenly smell always calmed him.

With one last inhale of his Kagome, he picked her up into his arms and took her to the edge of the well. Without words, their silent confessions, only truly bonded mates would understand, answered what was already known in each of their hearts.

Then she was gone…

--

Inuyasha held his gaze upon the well, watching the dying magic as Kagome's retreating figure descended toward her time. Shippo was still in tears, wailing for her to come back. Slowly the hanyou made his way over to the kitsune and picked the boy up in his arms. Shippo did not flinch nor make any kind of resistance toward him as he lowered him away from the well to settle him nearer the edge of the forest.

"Inuyasha!" Two familiar voices called from the direction of the woods.

He did not reply as he mechanically stalked to the wells side, his hand reached for the tip of his sword handle, running it over to grip and unsheathe it. A tweak of his wrist and the fang appeared in its shinning glory.

"Inuyasha! NO!" Sango and Miroku both yelled in unison.

Still with no response he lifted the huge fang above his head-readying his final assault.

"INUYASHA!!"

Growling he began to focus all his energy around the glowing fang, "Stay the FUCK out of this!" He retorted angrily, bringing the sword down at such a speed that he never took notice of the approaching youkai behind him.

There was a long silence followed by a heated wave of piercing energy of cackling light, which lit the area and yards around the forest of trees. The dying ambers of flame and smoke cleared the area.

Two humans stood amongst the wreckage the attack had caused, trees and grass were burned to a crisp. The area was reeking of singed wood and burned flesh from any small defenceless creature that had once pondered about.

The small kitsune's eyes widened with fear. His keen senses warning him of the impending danger they were all in. The demon-exterminator was the first to scream out, cutting into the forests silence.

"INUYASHA!"

The kitsune watched the rapid scene unfold in what seemed like slow motion. Miroku had pushed Sango to the ground in desperation to protect her from the attack. Inuyasha was in the middle of it all, his body hung limply from the huge beast youkai's jaws. The Tetsusaiga lay on the ground now fully shrunk to its original rusted form.

There was so much blood the small kit felt nauseous from its intense smell. It was only when he realised where or whom the blood was coming from.

Inuyasha.

Eerie silence filled the fox-cubs sensitive ears. The sickly mustered smell of fresh blood filtered through his nose. The brownish darkened red tint that tainted the ground plagued his sight.

Inuyasha…

Then everything went dark…the last of his thoughts clear.

They both left me…

--

Next chapter: 8.8 - If I could turn back time

Author note: I'm so sorry about the major angst! I promise it will be a HAPPY ending! Next chapter will no doubt confuse you all 0_o; but hopefully it will all make sense toward the end! - I got major inspiration for this chapter from the movie - Affections touching across time (I watched it twice on a row so I got pretty much stuck into it!) May I just add: I am a MANGA fan only! (Darker than the anime) Sorry peeps if you think I follow the Animé 0_o; I have ordered my imports - episodes 1-96 all on DVD (cost me loads) - and its still not come! So I use all my Inu knowledge and base it on the Manga… sorry if ya confused by that! Eep!

-- Once again glomps to all my reviewers- I will get around to shout outs at the end of this, cause ya all been so good to me ='( I wanna cry *especially since this chapter upset me (and I wrote it!)

Chapter 7.7a
- part one: Unspoken Desire (Rated NC-17) is now available at: Mediaminer.org under the same penname and title of fic. This url address should be here, if ff.net has striped it, then it will be in my bio (click on my penname to take ya straight there)