InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ UnderCover is a *itch! ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3:

"Hello, I'm Rin Tomeo and I work for the TYPD. Did an older man with black hair come in here for a bullet injury?" Rin asked the hospital nurse.

"An older man did come in here a few minutes ago. It wasn't for a bullet injury, however." The nurse answered.

Rin gave her an odd look, “No? Can I have his numbers please? I have to ask him a few questions."

"Can I please see your badge? Not to be rude miss, but you don't look like a cop." The nurse said looking over Rin's red tube top under a black leather jacket.

Rin quickly pulled out her badge and the women gave her the number.

//Please don't let it be the same man// Rin thought taking the elevator to the fourth floor. She remembered how she almost crashed getting to the hospital. She was in such a rush to see if that man was okay, she didn't really pay attention to the road. “Tony will kill me if something happened to him.” She whispered.

Finally on the 4th floor and two doors on the right, Rin peeked inside the room. Her heart almost jumped out of her skin when she saw the SAME old man from before, starting blankly at her. He was pale and looked like he was in his early 60's. "H-Hello sir, I'm Rin Tomeo and I work with the TYPD. I'm here because I heard an elderly man was shot out on the streets. Are you him?"

The man moaned and smiled, "It's true there was a shot from somewhere. The good lord saved me from it, but I still had some pain."

"What do you mean?" Rin said walking into the room.

The old man took another breath, "You see the shot didn't hit me at all. I was shocked it was so close and that scared me. I'm an old man and I don't have a very good heart. It put gave me a little jump… I bet that shooter thought they had me.”

"I'm so happy you are okay. I was so worried." Rin cried throwing her arms around him.

The old man smiled and rubbed her back lovingly. "It's okay, dear. I'm a tough one." He whispered over and over again. His hand moved down until it reached Rin's butt. He grinned as he received a slap in the face.

"Dirty old man." Rin glared.

The man smiled, "I still go it in me."

"What's your name?" Rin asked, calming down a little bit.

"The name's Miroku. I use to be a monk in my young days. That's a reason I'm not surprise someone would want to kill me. I did have a lot of enemies, even now."

Rin nodded standing up, "Miroku-sama, please make sure you're more careful in the future. Even if this is the first time I met you, it would be very devastating is something happened to you."

Rin gave him another smile and gave a respectful bow. When she entered the hallway, she felt the tears slide down her face. //I could have killed him. Am I doing the right thing? I'm going to get myself in trouble if I keep up with their games.//
 
---

Rin opened the door to her apartment looking around the dark room. As she walked inside, she couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong. She pulled out her gun just incase and turned on her lamp.

//Calm down! You are just a little shaken from this morning.// Rin thought.

She sat her gun down on the living room table but quickly picked it up when her bedroom light flicked on. "Hello?" Rin called out as she walked towards the room.

Silence

"If there is anyone in here you better get out! I have a gun and I'll kill you if I have too." Rin yelled.

Silence

Rin gulped as she pushed the door open a little more, "This is your last chance."

Silence

Rin kicked her door all the way opened and screamed in surprise. Sesshoumaru was sitting on her bed smirking, "You're a brave girl."

"What the
HELL do you think you are doing in MY house?" Rin screamed, pointing the gun at him.

Sesshoumaru stood up and pulled the gun from her hands. “It's an apartment for one. And two, how do you expect to be like me if you're using such a shitty weapon?"

"Answer my question!"

Sesshoumaru smirked and sat back on the bed, "I followed you one night and that's why I know where you live. I'm here now because I was bored and wondering what you were up too."

"Why would you think I was home?" Rin asked.

"You said you were coming home after you left this morning. Where did you go?"

"I went out to meet this guy. I am a woman you know." Rin said rolling her eyes.

For the first time Sesshoumaru laughed and Rin blushed.
 
“What's so funny?” she asked.

"There's something about you I noticed. When I first met you… you were a big wanna-be criminal. Then when we started hanging out and you relaxed and I found you to be very interesting. But today, after you shot that guy on the street, you stared acting like a wanna-be again."

"Maybe I'm not what I seem." Rin smiled but mentally slapped herself in the head. //That was STUPID// she thought.

"Maybe you aren't what you seem and maybe I'm not what I seem." Sesshoumaru whispered brushing his hand down her face.

"Who are you then?" Rin asked.

"I would like to ask you the same thing." Sesshoumaru answered coming down to kiss her.

Rin pulled away and looked him in the eyes, "I don' think we should do this."

Sesshoumaru gave her a look and nodded his head.

"Want something to drink?" Rin blushed, walking into her kitchen.

Sesshoumaru remained silent but followed her into the kitchen.

"Okay then." Rin said pulling out 2 cups. //Why won't he say anything? I wouldn't be so nervous if he used that big mouth of his//

"Didn't think the bad girl got nervous," Sesshoumaru said reading her mind.

"I wouldn't be so nervous if the JERK that broke into MY house wasn't so silent." Rin yelled.

Sesshoumaru walked over to Rin and grabbed her hand, "Attitude?"

Rin locked eyes with him, "Get off of me!"

Sesshoumaru smirked but then... Rin kissed him.