InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Well, well, well ❯ Meet Miroku! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Remember vote for who you want Kagome to be with!

>don't own! <

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Um Kagome, mind explaining ANY thing to us?" asked Umi innocently.

"I'd love to but I don't understand much at all." Kagome said.

"Well, like Umi said, `ANY' thing would be nice." Ami fiddled with her hair uncomfortably.

"Ok here it goes," Kagome took a deep breath, "that boy got sent 3 or 5 hundred years into the future and I look a lot like the woman who sent him here so he got angry at me, now Jii-chan and I are trying to figure out how to send him home. That's it in a nutshell." Kagome tried to fend off their questions with a silky sweet smile.

"That doesn't make any sense at all!" Ami said loudly.

"It make like none, so many thing are messed up with it. Didn't you do something to us when we were-" Umi stopped, suddenly realizing Inuyasha had almost killed them. "That, that boy tried to kill us. He-he- he did kill us." Both Ami and Umi's eye were wide in shock.

"About that, I kind of just, brought you back to life," said Kagome cautiously. Before the girls could question her further she said, "Hey, why don't we stop at Ami's house to change, it'll look weird if we show up in blood soaked clothes."

"Yeah, my house," said Ami distantly.

After changing, (Ami let Kagome borrow a uniform,) the girls made it the rest of the way to school. "Look guys, I know this is weird but we'll just have to make up a story," Kagome said right before they entered the school, "just follow my lead."

"M'kay," Ami and Umi nodded.

A rush of students rushed forward to greet them as soon as they saw them walk into the school. After a few minuets of smiling and hugging and, "Omigod, you okay, we were so worried, what happened, how did you get away?" Kagome, Umi, and Ami were shoved into the cafeteria onto a stage. The principle also ran forward to greet them. "Kagome," she whispered, "you have to tell everyone what happened."

"But, isn't that like invasion of-"

"Every one, I am delighted to say Kagome is ok!" The principle said into a microphone. "Here she is now to tell us what happened. Also trust me, we are working to find who did this to her."

Kagome was shoved in front of the microphone. "Um hi, you all know me I'm Kagome, and I wasn't really kidnapped, the boy was…um just from a play and he thought I was one of the actresses and that I was hiding out from them so he um took me home after I told him I wasn't the actress he was looking for. Yeah, that's about all that happened. Sorry to make you worry so." Kagome bowed and walked quickly off the stage. Not bothering to look at all the students with their gaping mouths.

`Oh well, my story wasn't THAT hard to believe.' She ran to her locker and pulled out her schedule. `Wow, half the day is gone, stupid dog-boy. I have Latin next.' She shoved the paper into her book-bag. What ever convinced her to sign up for Latin? Why did her school even offer it? She stared at her feet the whole way to Latin class. The glances and glares form fellow students were getting annoying and embarrassing.

She finally made it to the classroom and found a seat before too many people noticed her.

"Salvete Discipuli! Ut vales?" asked the teacher to the class.

The class was silent. Then a younger girl said loudly, "Salve magistra! Bona valeo!"

"I guess someone did the reading this summer. Good job."

Kagome slipped lower into her seat. This would be one long class.

After forty-five minutes of memorizing `sum, es, est, summus, estis, sunt, and amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant' Kagome was finally free. After a boring uneventful chemistry then an even more eventless History she was finally done for the day. `I am so hungry, Inuyasha made me miss lunch.' She dragged herself out the door and into the bright sunlight. Seeing the stares that were still following her she decided to pick up the pace.

`I don't want to see Inuyasha yet, but he's better than these stares.' She started jogging home. When she got there she saw Jii-chan with a rather young handsome man. "Hi Jii-chan, who's this?" She dropped her back-pack by the door and slipped off her shoes.

"Kagome-chan, thins is Miroku-san, he has come to help us with our, well, problem."

"Welcome Miroku-san," Kagome bowed, "I hope you can help us."

"I will try Kagome-san, I will try," Miroku said smoothly.

"Jii-chan why don't you come help me get something in the kitchen? Now." Kagome commanded more than asked.

"I will be right back Miroku-san."

Kagome and her grandfather walked to the kitchen, "Jii-chan that man looks too young to be of any help, he looks almost my age!"

"Well he is young, but very wise; he's been studying ancient spells for all his life. You must trust people Kagome!"

"Feh!" The Kagome's hands flew to her mouth as if she had uttered a horrible curse word. "Ok, whatever it takes to get him out of here! I have to go wash my mouth out." She walked toward the stairs.

"Kagome dear, Miroku-san wishes you to stay with us, he says he needs to question you." Jii-chan hobbled over to the refrigerator. "Bring him something won't you dear?"

"Yes, Jii-chan." Kagome walked to the pantry. "Something for a priest, something for a-" her eyes fell on a packet of tea, "simple, but it'll do." She made three cups of tea and put them on a tray with some rice balls and made her way to where Jii-chan and Miroku were. "I brought tea and rice cakes!" Kagome said cheerfully.

"Thank you very much," Miroku said in a deep voice.

"So, what have you figured about how the doggie-boy got here?" asked Kagome softly.

"Well, obviously the miko did a spell on the well and-" Miroku stopped as Inuyasha flew into the room.

"Ya called?" He looked and the priest, "Who the hell are you?"

"I am Miroku, a monk who Higurashi-san called to help you get back to your time," Miroku calmly took a sip of tea.

"Bull, I can understand old geezer helping me but you're too young, you'll screw up."

"I am twenty-one years old and have been studying ancient magic since I was five." Miroku set his tea down and stood up. "Now, please answer everything I ask and do not interrupt with your demon temper."

"Feh!"

"That means yes," Kagome whispered to Miroku.

"All right then, let's get going!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bunnie: Ok, so now the friends have names!

Kagome: Uh, Bunnie, if I'm in Japan why the heck would I be taking Latin?

Inuyasha: Yeah, you have some serious cultural mess-ups.

Bunnie: Because I only know Latin, Japanese, and English, I couldn't really have you taking English or Japanese so Latin was all that's left.

Kagome: Bonum fortune!

Bunnie: Back to Latin class for you honey, your adjective and noun don't work

Kagome: Give me a break!

Miroku: Hey, why didn't I get to grope Kagome?

Bunnie: Because! You can do that next chapter; her grandfather was in the room the whole time!

Inuyasha and Kagome: WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Bunnie: Er, I mean I'll make you a holy man who is um, asexual.

Miroku: A sexual monk *wink wink*

*Everybody whacks Miroku on the head*

Bunnie: Well, make sure to vote who gets Kagome!

Kagome: I am not a item!!!! *cries*

Bunnie: Too bad. Vale!