InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Well, well, well ❯ He Cares? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bunnie: Second chappie! At least or this new chunk I'm doing.
 
Inu: What so you work you ass off in a week after skimping out for 2 freaking years?
 
Kagome: I think it's good she's motivated.
 
Inu: Feh.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kagome really didn't know how to explain. She could just say Miroku did nothing and that she was just crying for no reason, even though she wasn't crying. Or she could tell the truth. But what was the truth? She just lost her inhibitions and gave in to her primal urges. That would sound great.
 
“Inuyasha, I can't really explain. But I know this much; Miroku didn't do anything really. I just got overwhelmed. I'm a girl remember?” She finished with just a hint of sexism.
 
“Bull. I didn't just smell your tears. His spit reeks on your lips.” Inuyasha said shortly, barely containing his rage.
 
“Why does that matter to you?”
 
“Because…” Why did it matter to him? It wasn't like she was his. But if she was he would never let another guy look at her. He would protect her from creeps like Miroku. Inuyasha was possessive, that much was true. But so were a lot of guys. There wasn't anything really wrong with it. Was there? “I just don't like seeing you hurt,” he forced out the words.
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome said gently. She felt like running up to him and hugging him until the air was out of him. From what he was like before, this was so much different. She liked it. A lot. The sincerity in his voice stuck a chord in Kagome's heart and she couldn't bear it.
 
Miroku was standing there the whole time. He felt sick. The mushy crap was beginning to bore him. But he couldn't do anything. Especially since dog boy has super human strength. He wanted Kagome. Once he had her, just for one night, he could be content. But this Inuyasha really was ruining his plan. He had to figure out how to get rid of him.
 
“Look Inuyasha. Let's just get home. We can try and figure out how to get you home. Miroku will help and everything will be fine.” Kagome couldn't contain herself any longer and she embraced Inuyasha in an innocent little hug. “I want everything to be okay.”
 
“Me too. Kagome…” Inuyasha squeezed her tighter to him “I know this may sound weird, and too soon, but I…” he hesitated, “I really care about you.”
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Bunnie: Awww, Inu-baby that's sooo sweet.
 
Inuyasha: Shut up
 
Kagome: Inuyasha, you… love me…
 
Miroku: Wait I sound like an ass here. Like I'm just using Kagome.
 
Bunnie: You are.
 
Miroku: Crap.
 
Bunnie: Anyway, next chapter will definitely be longer. Minimum 2 full pages. Oh yeah, and Review away!