InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ when friends find out ❯ chapter 5 Kagome & her friends talk about Kag/inu/kikyo ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
When friend part 2


Chapter 5....

I'm going to have to put a large opening author's note to begin this chapter. Kagome and her friends are going to referencing a group of Japanese real life stories and legends and I want to write one of those stories/legends so, you, the reader, can fully understand what they are talking about.

The stories are a love story, with a Romeo and Juliet ending. Two people, from families that would never, ever allow them to marry, fall in love. The families find out and force the couple apart. The Japanese twist on the story is the ending . . . Remember reincarnation is important to Japanese culture. So, the two lovers, believing strongly in reincarnation, would commit a double suicide. They believed that some time in the future the two of them would be reborn, but this time, in a situation where their love could flourish, instead of being destroyed by their social situations. Real-life stories and legends have this same plot . . .

The following legend is my creation. It is similar to the Japanese stories/legends, but I've altered it to fit the inu-yasha storyline. (For the purpose of this story, I will assume that the origin of this legend was Inu-yasha and Kikyo, but in the 500+ years of telling the story over and over the names and situations were changed.)

The legend of Kumiko and Juro.

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess named Kumiko, who was also a powerful Miko, she meets and falls in love with a powerful (if unsocial) young warrior named Juro. Juro, while he was from a noble father, his mother was a concubine, not a wife, and he was only one of many children, so marrying the pretty miko was impossible. They did, however, manage to meet and continue to love each other in secret.

However, there was a bandit chief named Osamu who's life, Kumiko, once in her pity and mercy saved. This Osamu also fell in love with the wise princess as well. He found out about Juro and Kumiko's love. This ate at him and he decided if he couldn't have the merciful miko, then no man could. He, then, with disguises, revealed the relationship between Kumiko and Juro to their families. This caused great trouble with both families. The families forced the two young lovers apart.

The two young lovers decided that they could not live without the other. So, they met at a peaceful riverside shrine, which was their favorite place. And they made a pact. Since they could not love each other in this life, they would do so in a future life. Juro and Kumiko then committed suicide and the Kami of the shrine, hearing their plea for a good future together, gathered their souls and placed them in new children. Children whose fathers had already decided that they would marry. And in the next life, Kumiko and Juro lived happily with many strong and wise children. As for Osamu . . . Well, Juro's older brother, discovered his involvement, and Juro's older brother hunted down and killed the bandit chief.

The parallels between the above legend and Inu-yasha is intentional. The difference in the endings is also intentional. The legend above is supposed to be similar to Inu-yasha and Kikyo, but not identical.

This provides a starting point for the discussion between Kagome and her three friends. I will cover the differences and similarities as needed.

Authors' note: This story takes place before the recent events in the manga.

Begin of the chapter . . .


The next day . . . After school . . .

Ayumi, Eri, and Yuka arrive at the Higurashi house and Mrs. H lets them in to visit Kagome.

When the three girls open Kagome's door, they see her sitting at her desk, studying. Kagome, hearing the door open, turns around and she says, "Oh, sorry, guys. I was trying to catch up and wasn't paying attention." She turns red from embarrassment and continues, "sometimes my mother has to grab the book I'm reading before I notice her."

"It's OK, Kagome."
"Yeah, trying to live two lives . . . "
"You know, if we study together, I'm sure that'll help."

"Yes, Yuka, now that you guys know, I'm willing to accept that help," Kagome says, and then after a pause. "I am sorry, Ayumi, Eri, Yuka, that I had to lie to you the last time you offered to help me study and I turned you down." When she finishes, she is looking at the floor, not her friends.

Eri walks over and places her hand on Kagome's shoulder. The other two girls also walk over and stand by Kagome. "Kagome, we talked this over last night. You are our friend. You will be our friend. No matter what. Yes, we're disappointed that you lied to us." Kagome flinches at this. "But, you had a good reason, a better reason than we thought, really, so we forgive you."

Kagome looks up at her friends. They can see the start of tears in her eyes. "But I've lied so many times . . . "

Yuka goes down to her knees, so she can look Kagome in the eyes, since Kagome is still sitting in her chair. She gently says, "Kagome, we're your friends, that means we can forgive you. You did what you thought was right." Yuka's face twists into a grin. "Hell, I would have, we all would have done the same thing. So . . . "

Ayumi places her hand on Kagome's other shoulder, and says "So, no long face, Ok. You lied to us and we forgive you." Ayumi wiggles her finger in Kagome's face. "But, no more, OK." She finishes with a grin.

Kagome looks around and all her friends are grinning at her. "Thanks . . . I don't know what to say . . . "

The three friends look at each and Eri, smiling, says, "Oh, that's easy. Promise us, Kagome, no more lies, right?"

"Huh. Oh! Of course!" Kagome says in surprise, she thought it would take a lot more before her friends would forgive her.

The grins on the three friends change somehow, what was friendly smiles' now take on a more shark-like appearance.

"Good, now tell us about your two-timing" Eri begins.

"Violent" Yuka adds.

"Boyfriend" Ayumi finishes.

Kagome gets that deer in the headlights look on her face. "You, You, three . . . " She face flushes' red, embarrassment or anger, take your pick.

"We got you, Kagome. Now give." Eri says.

"Ugh - Don't you want to talk about my injuries?" Kagome asks desperately, trying to find someway to distract her friends.

"We already asked your mother. You're healing better than she thought. That's not going to work, so start talking, Kagome." Yuka says with a smile on her face.

Kagome takes a deep breath and deep sigh . . . 'Ok, I don't see a way out' she thinks.

"We might want to get something to drink and snack on, and then, we can sit on the floor and I'll come clean. It's a long and complex story." Kagome says.

(Authors' note: in the interest of space, I'm not going to retell the entire storyline, Ok. Kagome does come clean, pretty much. She doesn't outright lie to them, but she does leave out the occasional bit. You know, like waking up in the middle of pot of sake, nude, about to be cooked, that type of stuff. Also she will downplay the violence and the amount of injures she and her friends have taken. Her friends are aware she's not giving them all the details, but they're willing to let it pass. Kagome is telling them a great deal of information.)

"Ok, let's see If I got this straight, Kagome." Ayumi says as she concentrates trying to put everything Kagome has told them into perspective. "Inu-yasha, your boyfriend," Kagome grimaces at this, "loved this miko named Kikyo. This evil dude named Naraku basically tricked them into killing each other. You woke up Inu-yasha. Kikyo was reborn using your soul. Right?" Kagome nods. Everyone can tell she's not enjoying this . . .

"And, so, exactly how do you feel about Inu-yasha, Kagome?" Ayumi finishes. The three girls looks at her intensely.

Kagome blushes deep red. "Umm, Can I, please, not have to answer that one. Please . . . "

"Nope, consider this punishment for the lies you've told us, Kagome." Eri says with a shark-like grin.

"Yes, Kagome, No stalling, either." Yuka adds.

Kagome, bites her lips, looks around and sees her three friends, the same friends that have forgiven her lies and she says, "I care for him. He's saved my life many times and he's very protective of me."

"Kagome . . . " Eri begins in an irritated voice. "You promised, now come clean."

"Yes, tell us the truth . . . " Yuka says, leaning toward Kagome with a hungry expression on her face.

"Aren't we your friends . . . " Ayumi asks with a whine in her voice?

"..." Kagome looks down at the floor, she thinks, 'its good thing he's on the other side of the well' and whispers, "I love him."

"I didn't hear you . . . " Eri starts to say.

Kagome looks up, her face, now that her friends can see it, is beet red, and she yells, "I said I love him! There are you satisfied!"

The three friends back off and look at each other, they did not expect that type of reaction.

"Kagome"
"Umm, I, no"
"We're . . . "

Kagome slumps down and waves her hand in vague dismissal motion. "No, I'm sorry girls. It's just . . . it's just . . . "

"Difficult"
"hard to say"
"Embarrassing, right?"

"Yeah, to all three. But there's more, girls."

"More?" Ayumi asks.

'Shit! My mouth is talking before my brain, just like Inu-yasha. And I just thought shit . . . I'm spending too much time with dog boy . . . ' she thinks as she blushes. 'Now, I've got to explain . . . but, on the other hand, maybe . . . maybe this will help. I've never told anyone, not even mom about this and getting another opinion, even just talking about it might clear up some things I've be thinking about for so long . . . ' Kagome's face screws up in concentration.

Eri is about to ask something, but Ayumi puts her hand over Eri mouth and whispers, "She's thinking, let her."

"Ok, Eri, Yuka and Ayumi," she takes a deep breath and sighs. "Give me that pack of tissues. I have a feeling I'm going to it." Yuka hands them to Kagome.

"Thank you, Yuka. Now, girls, remember that Legend of Kumiko and Juro we had to study earlier this year."

"Yes, the princess and warrior that committed suicide, so they could live happily in their next life." Eri says in a distracted voice.

"But, they committed suicide, how does . . . " Ayumi starts.

"You think they are related?" Yuka asks in an odd tone of voice.

"Yes, that legend. I don't know if they are related or not, Yuka. If I had to guess, I'd say, yes." Kagome sighs, "as to how that compare to my problems . . . "

Kagome takes a deep breath and begins, "Inu-yasha and Kikyo loved each other, before Naraku interfered, Ok. They died, or came so close it doesn't matter, pretty much at the same time. And I know enough about Kikyo's miko powers that she could have healed herself and lived. So, she, in effect, committed suicide. I've seen Inu-yasha in action, girls, to many times for me to believe he couldn't dodge Kikyo's arrow. So, he let her hit him with the arrow. In effect committing suicide."

"OK, If you say so, Kagome . . . "

"Since they loved each other, and you could think that they committed suicide, would not the Kami's, reincarnate them so they could live out their love? Especially, since Kikyo was a very powerful miko."

"Ok. I could see that."

"I am the reincarnation of Kikyo, right?"

The girls nod.

'I need to start slowly and then go onto my major problems,' Kagome thinks. But her mouth isn't listening to her brain and tells her friends one of her worst fears . . .

"Is the love I feel for Inu-yasha . . . Kikyo's or mine . . . " Kagome places the tissue up to face to hide the tears.

"..."
"..."
"..."

'Since I've already told them about the question about my love . . . I'll go ahead and tell them this.' She thinks.

"And, Yuka, remember that woman called, ah, Aoi and your uncle"

"Yeah, that witch had an affair with my uncle and broke up his marriage . . . "


"If I try to break up Inu-yasha's and Kikyo's love, I am not the same as Aoi . . . They were supposed to live happily ever after . . . " Kagome says.

"..."
"..."
"..."


"But, but, Kagome," Eri starts to say with desperation in her voice. "You are the reincarnation of Kikyo, which means the god's wanted you and Inu-yasha to fall in love. Why else, would the well work?"

"Why else? The well probably works because of the magic item I broke, not my feelings."

"Kagome, have you ever wondered if Inu-yasha was reincarnated in this time. That way you could fall in love with the new Inu-yasha." Ayumi says, trying to come up with something different. So, while they talk about this, she can try to think about what Kagome just said.

Sigh. "Yes, I've thought about, Ayumi. But I have never felt the way I feel about Inu-yasha for anybody on this side of the well. And that does include Hojo, girls." Kagome finishes by looking her friends. She's trying to be stern, but the tears in her eyes spoil the effect.
Yuka, clears her throat and says, tentatively, "Kagome, you said that Inu-yasha calls you names and compares you to Kikyo." She pauses, she can see Kagome flinch and lower her head at that statement, and she licks her lips and continues, "How much of what you just said is Inu-yasha and how much is you."

She looks around for support. Both Eri and Ayumi nod for her to continue. "I mean the Kagome, I know, is not the depressed person, I see crying in front of me." Kagome's head, which had been down and she had been sniffling into a tissue, snaps up to stare at Yuka.

Eri, joins in, "Yes, Yuka is right, Kagome. The Kagome I know is a fighter."

"Yeah, You must not get down, Kagome. Besides, now that we know, we will help."

"But, but . . . "

"But, nothing. We've going to talk about this and we're going to help you feel better. And that's final." Eri says with determination.

"What do we start with?" Yuka asks her friends.

"I know. Kagome, you said that Kikyo hates Inu-yasha and wants to drag him to hell. If she hates him, then that love isn't there and you would not be breaking them up, like that Aoi woman did to Yuka uncles' marriage." Ayumi states.

"It's not that simple, Ayumi. Yes, Kikyo has tried to kill me and Inu-yasha."

"Kagome . . . you didn't mention that . . . " Yuka says with annoyance in her voice.

"Sorry, girls, It's just something I don't like to talk about, ok?" the three friends grimace, but nod. " Kagome, takes a breath and continues, "I know she's tried to kill Inu-yasha, but, I love him and there are times that I might have killed him myself. He can irritate me so much . . . "

"You're joking, Kagome." Eri says.

"I'm not joking, Eri." Kagome says with anger in her voice. "Why do you think I just walked 150 kilos without a break? I was so mad at him. If sits could kill him . . . " She finishes in a cold voice.

"Kikyo hates and loves Inu-yasha, I'm sure." Kagome says with authority. "Besides it is Inu-yasha's feelings that matter more." Eri starts to speak, but Yuka shakes her head, no.

"I know, without any doubt, that he loves her. If I try to break that love, whether or not Kikyo returns his love, Inu-yasha will hate me. And I cannot and will not chance that." She finishes with grim determination in her voice.

"You're feelings matter, Kagome, not Inu-yasha's." Eri finally says after a pause.

"If he hates me, does my love for him matter?" Kagome asks her friends.

The three friends look at each other and silently decide to switch subjects, hoping that they can come back to this later and find Kagome in a different mood about trying to break up Kikyo and Inu-yasha.

"Ok. Kagome. What . . . How about . . . Your love for Inu-yasha is yours, not Kikyo's, I'm sure." Eri says, trying to change the subject.

"Hah, Eri. Prove that." Kagome stares at her friend with a hard look in her eyes. "Please prove it. It would help a lot."

"..." Eri.

"The origin of that love doesn't matter, Kagome." Ayumi speaking quickly, trying to fill the gap, Eri left.

"Hah, Ayumi. I've had months to think about this." Kagome says in a dismissive tone.

"Kagome, I think that you're thinking about this the wrong way. You love Inu-yasha." Kagome nods. "Trying to understand that love, I don't think is important." Kagome sniffs, dismissing that comment.

"Kagome, How many different love poems, stories, movies have you seen or read? A lot, right?" Kagome nods again. "Fine. Do any of them explain love?"

Kagome screws up her face, trying to remember. "Kagome, none of them explains love, sometimes it happens. So why it happened between Inu-yasha and you isn't important. The only thing that is important is that you love him, OK."

"But, what if the love is from Kikyo and somehow it vanishes . . . " Kagome starts.

"No. Kagome. That's wrong thinking. You love Inu-yasha now and forever. Thinking anything else will cause your love to fade, so don't think it." Eri says with assertiveness.

"You love him, now and it does not matter, where that love came from." Yuka adds.

"Kagome, if you ever stop loving Inu-yasha, can I have him . . . " Ayumi asks.

The other girls all look at her with hard glares. "Oops, sorry, I did mean to say that, Kagome. Look, Kagome, I think you're worrying about something you can't control. Accept it, and try to make sure that your love from Inu-yasha never fades, Ok."

"But How? I try to be nice. I've promised him that I would stand beside him through anything. And nothing seems to work. He stills yells at me and still compares me to Kikyo . . . " Kagome says with tears in her eyes.

"Kagome," Ayumi shakes her head, "You've been gone so much from school, that you don't know about Akemi and Akira."

"I thought he hated her." Kagome says distracted.

"Yes, Everybody did. But her dad got transferred and they have to move and well . . . there was this great scene with him telling her he loved her in the middle of the school, a couple of days ago." Ayumi says as grins remembering the rumors and stories around this scene.

"Yes, I talked to one of his friends, and now the two of them are always talking on the phone all the time and the families are talking about let her live with his family, instead of having to transfer to a new school." Eri fills in more detail.

"So, how does . . . " Kagome begins.

"Kagome, Akira is a macho boy, right?" Kagome nods. "He always thinks that he is the best at everything and never loses, Right?" Kagome nods. "Like Inu-yasha, right?" Kagome, pauses and then slowly nods.

"And in all your stories, Inu-yasha always protects you, right?" Kagome nods.

"In life and death situations, you trust him, right?"

"Of course, Yuka."

"In life and death situations, he trusts you, right?"

"Well, I think so. He does think I get into trouble, though."

"Still, Kagome, come on, listen, when it counts, Inu-yasha cares and protects you. I think," Eri pauses and looks at her friends, "We all think the Inu-yasha loves you. Just from the stories you've told. He just can't tell you."

"Kagome, let's assume he does love you, from your stories, he's not a very good talker. So, I bet, he loves you, but he just cannot come up with the words to tell you. Just like Akira had problems telling Akemi." Ayumi says speculatively.

"Yes, Kagome, Ayumi, got it right. He loves you, but cannot say it."

"Maybe, I do not really believe it, but maybe." Kagome says. Still, wiping tears from her eyes. "But that doesn't do anything about Kikyo and his love for her."
"Kagome, how does he show he loves her?"

"He always goes to her. He hugs her and even kisses her. He says nice things about her and to her. He even does it, when I know, he has to know that I'm around. You can't sneak up on his senses." Kagome says, looking down and sniffling.

Yuka, after a pause, asks, "Kagome, were you watching all the time?"

"Huh? Sometimes. Other times I interrupt them."

"Good. Is this Kikyo grabbing him or is he going to her?"

"Well, the first time he went to her..." Her friends grimace, it's not a good sign with he goes first. If she made the first move, there might be a explanation, maybe.

"And you already said she's tried to kill you, because of Inu-yasha."

"Also, she wants the rest of her soul back..."

"Ok . . . " Eri says, looking at her friends. They shake their head, no. They, obviously, have no clue about what to say now.

Ayumi clears her throat, and says, "Kagome, Let's forget about that. Let's just concentrate on your love for inu-yasha, OK."

Kagome shrugs her shoulders. Still, looking down with a tissue pressed up against her face.

Ayumi takes a deep breath and let's out a large sigh, "Kagome, you have to believe in yourself, and you have to believe in your love for Inu-yasha. No matter what." She moves over to Kagome and gently hugs her. "Please, Kagome. I want you to be happy. I do not like it, when you're like this."

Eri moves over to Kagome as well and grabs Kagome's hands, "Yeah, Ayumi has the right idea. Kagome, don't worry about reincarnation or Kikyo. Just concentrate on your feelings of love and ignore the other stuff. It's just confusing you, Ok."

Yuka, also, moves to Kagome. "Please believe us, Kagome. We want to help you and help you stop being depressed. Please let's see your smile." Yuka smiles at Kagome and gently lifts her chin. "Please, Kagome."

'They are trying to help, but . . . ' Kagome forces a smile to appear on her face. 'I'll have to believe them. I have look on the bright side. Inu-yasha does care about me. If only as his shard detector. That's a starting point and If my love, no that's wrong... and my love will come through and he will respond and love me back. I will, no matter what, look to the future beside him, no other choice is possible.'
Ayumi, gently releases Kagome and says, "good, now that it settled, let's talk about Hojo."

"Hojo, Don't you think we need to stop talking about boys?" Eri asks.

"Nope, Kagome, even though she loves Inu-yasha, still has to go out with Hojo." Ayumi declares.

Kagome and the other two girls look at her, like she's grown a second head.

"The school believes that Hojo and Kagome are boy and girl friends. If they breakup, questions will be asked. Kagome, can you explain to everyone at school why you broke up with Hojo?"

"Huh, yes, he's boring." Kagome quickly says.

"Boring!" the three friends yell.

"But, why didn't you tell us before, Kagome." Yuka asks.

"Duh, you three have never asked and the couple of times I tried to tell you, you three ignored me." Kagome says as she crosses her arms in front of her. (Very Inu-yasha-like poise, BTW . . . )

The friends look at each and their mouths twist into something that might be smiles. They can remember that Kagome's enthusiasm for dating Hojo was never all that great.

"Ok, sorry, Kagome. You should have mentioned it before." Eri says, embarrassed.

"Hey, Kagome, since you don't want him. Can I date him?" Yuka asks hurriedly.

Kagome rolls her eyes . . .

"You want to date dull and boring Hojo?"

"I don't care about his personality, Kagome. It's his body, I want."

"Been peeking at the boys showers again, hmmm, Yuka?" Eri remarks.

Yuka blushes.

"And here I thought Miroku was the only pervert I knew." Kagome mumbles under her breath.

"Yuka, you can't date Hojo." Ayumi says. "If you do, You and Kagome must have some sort of argument in front of the school to make it believable."

Yuka grimaces and sighs, "His body is great, but not that great."

Ayumi, clears her throat and says, "It still doesn't matter, Kagome needs to continue to go out with him."

"Ayumi, I had a head injury this week. That's probably why I am not thinking clearly. What's your excuse?" Kagome asks her friend with a strange look in her eyes.

"Kagome. Think. Do you hate Hojo enough to call him boring in front of everyone at school? Do you hate him that much?"

Kagome, goes white, then red, she releases the point Ayumi is making. She may not love him, but she cares enough for Hojo, that she's not going to burden him with that type of reputation in school. She hangs her head.

"Good, Do you now how long you'll be here this time? If it's long enough, I'll call Hojo and set up a date for the two of you." Yuka asks.

"I haven't really thought about it. Normally inu-yasha likes me to only be here three days. But, I can probably extend it this time."

"OK, I'll set up a date for Sunday, then." Yuka says.

*knock*

"Girls, It's getting late and your parents are calling wondering when you'll be home?" Mrs. H asks through the door.

The girls look out the window and suddenly they remember that they've being talking, nonstop, for hours. There is only the dark of night shining through the window.

"Eep! School's tomorrow, and I never did my homework!" Ayumi screeches as she stands up.

"Same here!" Yuka gets up as well.

"See you tomorrow, Kagome?" Eri asks as she gets up.

"Yes, I'll be at school tomorrow." Kagome says as she gets up and hugs her friends goodbye.

As the girls leave, Mrs. H sticks her head in the doorway. "Kagome, I left your dinner on the stove. Do you want a late supper?"

Kagome shakes herself, and looks at the clock. Talking with her friends and telling them, about her adventures took all afternoon and deep into the night. And except for the chips and cokes they got at the beginning she hasn't ate. "Yes, mother, thank you. We got talking and . . . "

"And since this is the first time in many months, you've been able to really talk to your friends you lost track of time."

"Yes."

"I thought so, I did not want to interrupt your story."

"Thank you, mother.'

"That's what I'm here for, dear. Now let's get you fed, Ok." Mrs. H reaches over and gently directs Kagome to the kitchen.

It's late enough that Sota and her grandfather are already asleep by the time Kagome finishes eating. Her mother had a small snack as well.

"You seem distracted and perhaps a little depressed, Kagome dear. Do you want to talk to me about anything?" Mrs. H asks as they finish.

"Mom, weren't you listening to me and the girls?"

"Of course not, Kagome. My mother spied and interfered in my life, dear. I hated that. So, I'm not going to do it with you. I probably should know more about your life, but. I would never spy on you, dear." Kagome's mother says in a delicate tone of voice.

Kagome lowers her head. "I, I just don't know, mom . . . "

Mrs. H sighs. "I was afraid of this. I really, really thought about listening in, dear. If I did, I would know what to say, now." She takes a deep breath, gets up and engulfs Kagome in a hug.

Mrs. H puts her chin on the top of Kagome head, still hugging her daughter. "Kagome, you are the heroic princess in this legend. Everything will work out for you. All you have to do is believe."

Kagome hugs her mother back and cries into her mother's chest. "Shh, no matter what, dear, I believe in you. And I will help you, Kagome." She releases Kagome and gently brings lifts Kagome's chin up so she can look into her daughter's eyes. "My reason for existence, is to help you, dear. All you have to do is ask."

Kagome smiles, and gently says, "Would you say the same to Sota or gramps?"

"About the same, dear." Mrs H smiles back. "But, no matter, you are my daughter and I will help you. However I can." She finishes with a determined tone in her voice.

"Just believe in myself, huh?"

"Yes, Just believe."
Kagome hugs her mother. "Thanks, mom. I need that."

"Good, I hope so. I would be wasting this if you didn't need it, right?" Mrs. H grins.

"I don't know, mom, is love ever wasted?"

"A good thought, dear. Hmmm . . . No, I would have to say love is never wasted." Kagome's mother says in a soft voice. 'Although it can be ignored or refused. But, I'm not going to tell her that right now.' She thinks.

"So, do you have anything to say to me?" Mrs. H asks again.

Sigh. "I've still got to come clean with you . . . "

"You did with your friends, Aren't I worth the same?"

"Of course, mom. But." Kagome points at the clock. It is very late.

"But, not tonight, hmmm. Ok. Tomorrow after school perhaps." Mrs. H finishes and follows Kagome to bed.

The end.


The above was never supposed to solve any problems, just have the girls talk about it. Solving the problems will take more than just four girls talking about it. Inu-yasha and to a lesser degree Kikyo feelings are not going to be changed by these four girls talking about them...

And solving these problems I will attempt in another story...(my Naraku vs the group story, solves the Inu/kikyo/kag triangle, but, there are other stories I'd like to do before I do that one...)


Hmmm... I was going to continue this chapter, but there is enough additional scenes, that I will just do another chapter.

kagome and her mother scene.

Inu-yasha and the three girls scene. (The girls have the subtlety of a 2by4 when asking questions. Personal questions that Inu-yasha hates...)

Sota wants his story about Inu-yasha killing the monster that hurt Kagome.

And I need to do a connecting scene with the girls at school. (On my profile page I've got a list of stories. #9 is the continuation of this storyline where Kagome's friends try to help her at school, but, things go horribly wrong...) I need to set that up.
I am looking for additional opinions about the story ideas on my profile page. Emailing me with your opinions would be appreciated.

I am also trying to write a story called "A Shard in Kyoto." I would really like to continue the storyline, but I would like to know that there in enough of an audience for it. Please read and hopefully review it or send me a private note.

Thank you for reading
jeff shelton