InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ when friends find out ❯ supplement chapter Kagome returns to the past ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Supplement chapter.

This is about a week or so after the end of ch 4.

I could not come up with the scenes with her friends on the modern side of the well. But here are the scenes as Kagome returns to past.

"HI! Guys! I'm back!" Kagome yells as she appears at the bottom of the well.

Shippo and Inu-yasha's heads appears at the top of the well.

"Kagome!" Shippo yells as he jumps down the well at Kagome.

Kagome grabs him. "Ughhh. You're getting fat, Shippo."

"Am not"

"Yes, you are. So I'm going to limit the chocolate this time."

"What! I've not done anything!"

"Yes, you have. You're fat."

"Are you two going to argue down there, or what?" Inu-yasha yells down with irritation in his voice.

"Sorry, Inu-yasha, we've done. Could you get my bag? Please. My mother packed some extra things this time."
"I'm not fat. I am a growing kitsune." Shippo mumbles under his breath.

"If you are a growing kitsune, why haven't you grown taller" Kagome says under her breath with a smile on her lips.

Shippo sticks his tongue out at Kagome. Kagome smiles, and happily says, "let's go to the village. I need to tell the guys what happened."

They climb out of the well and go to the village.

Sango, Miroku, Kirara and Keade are waiting by Keade's hut.

"Hi Guys!" Kagome calls as she waves to them.

"You have healed up from Kagura's attack, I see." Sango says with a smile.

"Yes, through, carrying that heavy bag caused a bit of twinge." Kagome says. "Miroku, how are you?" She asks with concern in her voice.

"I'm surprisingly fine, Lady Kagome. No headaches or backaches. From what Sango has told me, I live only due to your care. Thank you." He says as he deeply bows to her.

Kagome blushes, she's embarrassed, and stammers, "Mir . . . Miroku, you overstate my care and powers. I didn't save your life."

"Yes, you did, Lady Kagome. Oh, you may not have healed me. But without your care, I would not have been alive to be healed. So, as far as I'm concerned, I owe you my life." Miroku says with a smile on his lips.

Kagome starts to talk. She was obviously going to dispute Miroku, but.

"Both of you stop it. You will just keep exchanging comments. Kagome, Miroku so stop it." Sango says with exasperation in her voice. Miroku and Kagome at each other, share a small smile and silently agree to drop it.

"Inu-yasha was concerned that your mother would prevent you from coming thru the well, Kagome." Keade says. "Will you be able to use the well as before?"

"Yes, my mother and I had a couple of talks about it." Sigh, deep breath. "She will allow me to continue." Slight frown, "I'll have to tell her more than I used too but."

"Good, holding things back form your parents is not proper."

Sigh, "but she does want me to do a couple of things." Kagome says.

Everybody leans forward in concern. "First, I've got a bigger first aid box in the bag, and some real medical books as well. Keade, I'll try to explain the terms in the books, but. I'm probably not going to be able to do too much, but I'll try."

"I've looked thru your other first aid book, Kagome. I will need to your help if these new books have more of those odd terms like in the other book." Keade says.

"Yes, they have even more of those odd terms. We'll see Keade." She shakes her head. "I'm not trained or schooled in this, but."

"Lady Kagome, you said first, which indicates that there other things your mother wishes you to do."

"Yes, she's going to talk to a friend that is an emergency medical technician and I'm going to get some real lessons in first aid from a real doctor."

Everybody looks at each other, and Sango starts, "Emergency medical technician?"

"A doctor that specializes in the type of injuries we get all the time, Sango. I'll know how to use the items in the first aid box better." Kagome says, and then turns to Inu-yasha. "And, Inu-yasha, I will attend those sessions with him. No arguments." Inu-yasha gets a stubborn look on his face. "I'm learning how to help you, so don't stop me." She says gritting her teeth. Inu-yasha, pauses, then she nods.

"Plus Keade, I need to get some Miko training in. So, No traveling this week."

"What! Bitch! There's a rumor . . . " Inu-yasha gets into Kagome's face as he yells.

"I don't care Inu-yasha." Kagome says with determination in her voice. She stares unflinchingly at him. "I will learn to heal with my Miko powers, Inu-yasha. I will use the word on you, if you try to stop me. I not allow what happened to Miroku to happen again."

Inu-yasha and Kagome stare into each others eye. Inu-yasha drops his first. "Fine, have it your way, bitch." He leaves the hut and goes off to brood.

Kagome sighs, then perks up again. "That's about it, though. My mother's being as reasonable as she can be."

"Yes, she is, Lady Kagome. Please, give her my heartfelt thanks for allowing you to continue." Miroku says with a slight bow.

"Of course."

"Give her thank you's from all of us." Sango says.

Kagome gets embarrassed, "Yes" she says softly.

The next day, by the river, Keade, Miroku are training Kagome to use her powers. The rest of the group have been told not to interrupt for any reason. They are all in their normal clothes. Keade did offer the traditional miko clothes to Kagome. But Kagome said no. "I'll be in these clothes, so I need to train my powers in them."

They are sitting cross-legged in a triangle. Miroku and Kagome are a couple of meters apart at the base of the triangle. Keade is sitting at the apex of the triangle a couple meters from them.

"Mmmmm" Kagome tries to concentrate, closing her eyes as she mentally repeats the mantra Keade and Miroku are trying to teach her.

"You're trying too hard, Kagome. Stop. Take a deep breath and let the power flow. Don't push." Keade says.

"Lady Kagome, be calm. Clear your mind." Miroku says.

"Lady Keade! There's something odd is happening at the other side of the village!" a villager says as he approaches.

"You two, keep training." Keade orders.

"But, if something is happening . . . " Kagome starts.

Keade shakes her head, no. "You need to learn this mantra, Kagome. My senses don't reveal any new threat in that direction. It is probably nothing." She says as she leaves following the villager.

Kagome takes a deep breath, closes her eyes and tries to continue the mantra. Only, after a few seconds, she cracks her eyelids and glances at Miroku. Miroku has shifted a little, so he can look at Kagome without turning his head. "Do not get any ideas, Miroku." Kagome says in a low voice.

"Ideas, Lady Kagome?"

"Don't play innocent"

"I was thinking about how to improve your training."

"You were? Why didn't you tell Keade?"

"Because she wants to teach you in the proper way. My idea is a shortcut."

"What's the idea?"

Miroku pulls out a small knife. He tosses it at Kagome's side. "Use this to cut yourself. Then try to heal it."

Kagome gulps, picks the knife with her right hand and asks, "Wi . . . will this work?"

"It may. But it may not. It is similar to how I learned to swim. The fathers threw me into a deep pond and yelled, swim. In this case."

"In this case, I cut myself and we'll see. Surely there are better ways."

"Yes, Keade's way is better, but it can take days, weeks even months before you learn."

"Did you learn to heal this way?"

"No, Lady Kagome. My ability to heal is very limited. My powers just do not work well when I try to heal." Wiry grin, "I've never been able to determine why, I know the mantras and the rituals" shakes head, 'but my powers. Magic sometimes just doesn't make sense . . . "

Kagome bites her lips, looks at the knife. "I need to know as soon as possible." She says under her breath. She takes a deep breath, closes her eyes, and puts a three or four centimeters cut in her left hand. She puts the knife down and starts to chant the mantra Keade taught her.

"Lady Kagome, I was just remembering." Miroku says as she tries to concentrate.

"Remembering?"

"Yes, while I was injured, my spirit left my body and I could look down upon it. I could see the effort you and Sango put into helping me."

Kagome turns bright red, her concentration shattered and she stares at Miroku. "You . . . you . . . "

Miroku, sighs, and says "I remember everything, Lady Kagome." He looks at his uncursed hand. "But, since I was not in my body, sighs, I did not feel a thing." Deep sigh . . .

"What" Kagome starts, and swallows, and continues, "What are you talking about?"

Miroku raises an eyebrow, "Are you sure you want me to repeat it in detail? I would enjoy it. I sure, but you?"

"No. No. No. Just what are you going to do?"

"Since Sango interrupted me yesterday, I want to give you my true heartfelt thanks. Yours and Sango's care and offer while I was injured was more than this poor monk humbly deserves."

"If you try to take advantage . . . "

"Lady Kagome, you yourself said, that the offer was made only due to the special circumstances you found me in." Miroku grinned and perverted look comes into his eyes. "As much I would like to, I will not use that knowledge to try to get you to make that offer again." Big smile.

"Pervert." Kagome gets a confused look on her face. "Why?"

"Why, Lady Kagome?"

"Why aren't you going to use what you remember about, about . . . " Kagome finishes with a stammer.

"Why, Lady Kagome." Miroku pauses, then he continues, "I did day dream about using that knowledge." Miroku's face gets a pensive look to it. "But, I found myself, oh, disliking things about myself, when the day dream was over." Deep sigh, "I find, to my amazement, that I respect you too much to blackmail you."

Miroku voice drops and he is talking more to himself, than Kagome, but she can still hear. "I add the term Lady, to be polite and complimentary when talking with women, but rarely do I mean it." He looks at Kagome. "In your case Lady Kagome, I find that I do."

Miroku shakes his head, "Your good opinion of me means that much to me." He bites his lips and stops there.

Kagome is shocked. She's never heard Miroku speak like this before, "So, you're going to stop with the hands."

"Hmm. Of course not, Lady Kagome. My desire for you has only increased. I just will not try to blackmail you into anything you would dislike."

"I'm not going to say yes, you know"

"Oh you will, not now perhaps, but female minds are chargeable. Just because you say no this instant, does not mean you will say no in a little while. Plus women are supposed to be shy and not reveal that they are interested in men. So, the only real way to find out is to touch them. If they say no, then that's fine, I'll try again later. But, someday, I'll ask you, or touch you at the proper time and . . . " Miroku's eyes get a gleam in them.

"Never, Miroku. I'll never kiss you or anything like that."

"The gods like it when mortals say never, Lady Kagome. It's a challenge to them to get the mortal to do what they promised they would never do." The gleam gets brighter in his eyes.

"Miroku . . . " Kagome voice starts to heat up.

"Lady Kagome, shouldn't you heal your hand." Miroku states.

She looks at the hand, blood has covered the hand and is dripping onto the grass. "But, what about."

"About what, lady Kagome? When trying to heal in combat, you will be distracted, confused, perhaps hurt. You need to learn how to concentrate even when you have many things on your mind."

Kagome looks at Miroku, "Everything you just said, was to . . . to get me confused and make this harder . . . "

Miroku nods. "To a degree. You need to learn to heal when you are stressed."

"You bastard. How much of that was really you, and not lies?"
"You've been listening to Inu-yasha too much. Now, concentrate and heal yourself."

Kagome takes a deep breath, closes her eyes, and starts the healing mantra. After a couple of glances at Miroku, who is moving around a little and he's making small noises, she realizes that he is just trying to distract her and make it harder and she finally ignores him.

She starts to glow. A soft light appears around her hand. It fades and intensifies a couple of times as she repeats the mantra. Then there is bright flash of light and Kagome opens her eyes. Miroku quickly moves over and grabs her hand and wipes the blood off. The hand is healed, not even a scar. "You did it, Lady Kagome!" He says with a smile.

Kagome opens and closes her hand, to make sure it's working fine. Then using it and her other hand she grabs Miroku, pulls him to her and she kisses him. "Thank you, Miroku, for helping me." Then she pulls back her hand and slaps him. "That was for all the perverted day dreams you had."

Kagome then gets up and goes to the village to tell Keade and the others about her success in healing.

"And she just told me she was never going to kiss me. Thank you, gods." Miroku mumbles as he rubs the redness on his cheek. "And to answer your question, Lady Kagome, I wish I knew." He says to the air.

'I need to bribe Shippo into making a distraction more often.' He thinks as he remembers telling Shippo to cause something odd to happen on the other side of the village, so Keade would leave and he would have some time alone with Kagome.

Later . . . at the village . . .

Sango and Kagome drag in an unconscious Miroku. They have some nasty expressions on their faces.

"What happened to the monk?" Inu-yasha asks.

"Oh, we were just teaching him a lesson about memories." Sango says.

"What memories?" Shippo asks

"What's for dinner?" Kagome asks, obviously ignoring that question and any other question about Miroku.

The end of this chapter.


Thanks to Sweet Sad Jess for pre-reading this chapter.

I am still blocked on the scenes with Kaogme and her three friends as she explains, or tries to anyway, the inu-yasha/kikyo/kagome triangle. I'll keep trying, but do not expect an update any time soon.

I will, however, continue the story of Inu-yasha, Kagome and their friends in the past. The sequel to this story will be titled

"A shard in Kyoto"

The group hears rumors about a shard in the capital city of Japan...

I should be posting the first chapter soon. This story should be long and complex and will take a lot of time, so. Encouragement would be appreciated.


Thank you
jeff shelton