InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will You Return To Me? (Continuation to the Power of Ai ❯ I Can Never Love Another ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3:
I Can Never Love Another
 
It was in the twilight hours when Inuyasha rose from his light slumber. “I guess I can't put it off any longer I have to see her...but I don't know what I'll do? I miss her so much.” He went to change into his old traveling clothes. He crept out of his room knowing that the new baby would be in an uproar if he was too loud. Waaaaaaaahhhhhh! “Shit!” Sesshomaru walked out of his chambers like a smiling fool until he seen his brother cursing in whispered tones, “Where are you going?” “Uh I'm going for a walk. Keep an eye on the castle until I come back.” “Do you think you can order me around?” Inuyasha smirked and turned slightly to his brother, “Well...yeah I am the King!” “I would have been king if not for Rin and the fact that you hold the tetsuaiga.” “Well you gave up the throne!” “Look I'm not going to argue just leave!” “Screw you!” with that Inuyasha left.
He was half way to the southern islands but made a few stops on the way. “Welcome to the heart of Osaka! We have the best food!” “I'll have the spicy beef noodles.” He sat down to eat and slowly slurped his noodles but his meal was interrupted by a familiar person. “My lord!” “Amaterasu (this name is the mythological ancestor woman of the royal family of Japan I thought it was a nice name and decided to use it) what are you doing here, you are supposed to be training!” “I know my lord but I saw you leave the grounds and I was worried.” Amaterasu is one of the generals of Inuyasha's army (currently inactive a/n if it were up to Inuyasha an army wouldn't be necessary just his trusty sword. But he knew that he'd often take trips to the present time and needed some forces to protect the castle in case of danger. ) “But master I am here to make sure you are safe.” “I don't need your protection...I just need to go on a trip. Go back to the grounds and let me be!” “No your majesty I will go with you.” The young girl stood well behind the angered hanyo. Amaterasu is a descendant from the old guard dog (Kaiomaru) that Inuyasha met before the final fight with Naraku who was destined to look after Inuyasha, but ever since she met him she fell in love with him. She fell in love with the quiet and strong king; to her Inuyasha was the person who could make her happy she'd been away from home for so long it was so hard to find some one to love her and she thought that her king was it. “Sir you have yet to answer my question.” “Look Amaterasu the last time I checked I didn't have to answer anything! I'm leaving and that's that!” “Are you going to see that Kagome that every one whispers about, she's never around why are you going to see her?” her stopped in his tracks “What? Who has been saying things about my mate?” “M...mate? You have a mate?” “Yes that Kagome woman is my wife and she's not around for a reason she...she's dead!” “Dead!” “What is it you have a hearing problem she's dead! That's why...why I can never love another. She was my all. I took the throne for her so if she comes back she'll have a place to start a family...with me.” “But sire she's dead how do you expect her to come back to you?” “You don't know her, she'll always come back to me in some way shape or form, until that day I will stay faithful to her.”
 
In the south...
Cheju and Ming now touched the very southern tip of Japan and Cheju wasted no time in trying to taint the sacred jewel. “Look Ming! That demon over there!” it was a bat that was looking for food...humans preferably. Ming was struck with fear and didn't know what to do as the beast came flying in her direction. She grabbed her head in pain, and had a brief vision of someone that looked like her firing something and then has if on cue she picked up a stick pictured a bow in her hand and released it striking the wing of the bat and sending it in a tailspin away from her location. It wasn't a perfect shot but she avoided getting killed. As Cheju watched he made a mental note to be careful with this woman because if she realized what or who she was he'd have a big problem on his hands but he walked to her side and looked a the jewel to see if it'd changed in color but, no. It only shined a sickening pink which only meant that the power it was filled with was good not negative energy like he needed.
 
At the palace...
 
“Sir Monk Miroku two young demons are at the castle gates saying that they demand to see Lord Inuyasha, what shall I do?” “Kento before you do that what nature are they? Are they peaceful or bear any ill will to the emperor?” “They appear to be gentle sir but they are nothing more than children, a young fox and a humanoid woman with a lizard on her arm.” “Ah yes those are our old traveling companions, let them in.”
The guard did as told and the young kit walked in with his friend. “Miroku!” said an excited Shippo. “Shippo! You've gotten stronger! I'm sure if Inuyasha were here he'd want to test your strength.” “What do you mean if he were here? Where did he go Miroku?” “We believe he left to the south. Even though he left no word but it was something he needed to do soon and my guess is that he did.” “We just left there almost around noon yesterday. We should have bumped into him.” Souten giggled, “Not while we were in the air Shippo!” “Yeah you're right. But is it okay if we stay here until he gets back?” Miroku patted Shippo on the back, “I'm sure Inuyasha won't mind. Come, I bet you haven't seen my child yet.” They walked down the corridor to the chamber where Sango was feeding her son. “Hi Sango!” “Shippo! Hi! Hello Kanten.” Souten waved timidly. “Would you like to meet our son?” “Sure!” “This is Kohaku, say hello baby.” All he did was babble. Sango let her son play around on the floor and they all settled in to talk.
In the Southeast...
Inuyasha and Amaterasu arrived in the town square of Osaka, Inuyasha stopped to pick up customary snacks and gifts that are given to the dead and some flowers to place in her hands. “Your highness? Do you need any help carrying those?” “No I don't. But there is something you can do for me...” “What anything!” “You can go home!” “Anything except that. Listen I intend to be your companion just like it was for you and your friends not so long ago. I want to partake in the adventures like you, get in to danger and fight off demons and save people!” “It's not all glory. It's draining emotionally and physically. You have to be willing to die to do what you believe in not just to have people praise you. That's what separates you from me. We may be alike in heritage but that's were it ends.” Amaterasu didn't hide the hurt she felt all she was trying to do was to be a friend to him and maybe get closer to his heart but that would be a task within its self. “Ok sir I'll just be quiet.” Inuyasha knew that his words were harsh but he needed to get through to her on the fact that the only friends he had were at the castle and the one that made waking up everyday a joy was gone and he wanted to suffer in peace and wait to die so he could be by her side but he knew that she'd be upset if he just gave up he had to try to move on but...he just couldn't. “Amaterasu...I'm sorry about what I said I meant it but I didn't want to sound so mean. It's just that I...don't like to let people get to close to me just don't...don't be so pushy on trying to be my friend let me try to feel you out on my own if I deem you a person worthy of my friendship I'll let you get close to me...maybe.” Amaterasu squealed in delight. “Thank you sir.” After about several miles out of Osaka he and his companion stopped to rest for the night.
 
And in the southeast Ming, Cheju, and Ansong stopped at the pleading and begging of Ming who was very tired of walking and desperately wanted to rest much at Cheju's dismay. “Alright, alright woman you can rest but at dawn we go!” “Yes milord.” She lay on the ground visibly uncomfortable. “The floor is hurting me is there anything softer like a sleeping bag?” Cheju and Ansong looked to each other with much confusion on their faces. “What is a sleeping bag?” Ming scratched her head, “You know I really wish I knew it just popped into my head. Maybe it's a thing I used to sleep on or something when we were in our home country?” Cheju had to think quickly. “Okay my lady if it is soft bedding you want then you shall have it.” With a snap of the fingers a quilt like bed was on the floor for her. “Oh thank you my lord!” she was very excited at a soft surface to lay on and she went and hugged Cheju, it surprised him but it felt strangely good and hugged her back and smelled her hair and the scent was nothing short of heavenly. He realized that he was getting excited and quickly let go of her. Ansong was less than thrilled by the hug his master gave to Ming and went to a clearing to relieve himself. “I wonder when master will get rid of this retched woman! She has no place among royalty like the master she's nothing but a commoner, he is so like his brother I guess master Cheju will never learn.” As Ming slept Cheju found himself staring at her more and more. He knew she was beautiful but she looked beautiful all the more while sleeping, he felt a stirring in his loin and had never felt like that around any woman so there had to be something special about her. He went to relieve himself in the sexual way.
 
Next morning...
Ming awoke before Cheju and Ansong and wanted to fix them breakfast. Hours later after stuffing their faces they continued their trek.
 
(At this point they are walking in the same path that the group walked on their way to the southern island but they are going north, but one problem Inuyasha and the guard Amaterasu are taking the same path but quite a few yards away. Picture it!) Since Inuyasha wasn't hungry he just continued to walk as Amaterasu continued complain about being tired. “So go home! If you cant handle it then go! All I need is a short rest every now and then not every night all you're doing is slowing me down!” Inuyasha wanted just to be alone he couldn't show up to his wife's grave with another woman. “Look Amaterasu it's another day's walk to the coast and then a two day boat ride.” The hairs on Amaterasu's neck stood up. “B-b-boat? Boat ride? I...I...don't trust those things!” Inuyasha was understandably getting very irritated. “How can you be in my army and be afraid to ride in a boat?” she got embarrassed and loud, “I don't have to explain to you why, I just don't like boats!” Inuyasha turned around in a hurry, “So why are you here! Why are you in the army! I...I don't even care! When I get to the southern end you'll just stay and wait until I return! I never even wanted you here anyway! Getting...nerve...stupid...phony....stupid...so called...” his words broke up as they often did when extremely angry. Amaterasu started to think she was doing more harm than good and turned to make her way back to the palace, until she saw a dark figure pass her by going in the direction that Inuyasha was in. “My lord look out!” Inuyasha turned to see an old foe. “You flea bag what do you want?” Amaterasu stopped in her tracks. The emperor knows that demon. “Shut it dog boy! Don't think I didn't find out that you got my woman killed! I knew I should have taken her when I had the chance!” Inuyasha growled ferociously and jumped at Koga's throat and grabbed on. “Listen you mangy fucking wolf, I do not have to explain anything to you concerning Kagome so get it out of your head that she belongs to you because she doesn't! Since you claim to have found out about everything did you know that Kagome and I are mates for life...”