InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will You Return To Me? (Continuation to the Power of Ai ❯ Good in the heart overcast by evil ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4:
Good in the heart is overcast by Evil
 
Ming was fighting better than the demons of Cheju's country and he was quite pleased that the jewel was starting to respond to the darkness that was growing in her heart, although it felt weird to her to have such bad thoughts it made her happy to see her lord enjoying the time with her and she was beginning to like killing. “Milord Cheju?” “Yes Ming.” “What is the place we are from like?” “We come from the place called The Land of the Morning Calm. It is a place of great beauty and inventions. We developed the cups you drink from, the clothes you look so beautiful in... I mean” Ming giggled. “Thank you sire...may I ask how do you feel about me?” Cheju cleared his throat, “I, um think that you are, very pretty and I...” she cut him off, “I like you too. You do so much for me, I mean you told me we are to take over this country to make it our own and all that I do is because I believe in you and I.” she walked up to him and kissed him, it was short but intense enough to get her feelings across to him. “How could you like me you don't even kn... never mind. Get some sleep we have some traveling to do in the morning. I hear from the people in this town that a two weeks walk from here there is a grand castle and I think we should pay the lord a visit.”
 
Back with Inuyasha in the South...
“Mates? Mates?” Inuyasha got irritated, “What is it with everybody repeating what I'm saying I swear I don't know if I'm talking to people or parrots! Yes we are mates, which means wife for life, partner for all eternity...” “I know you idiot! But why you when she could have choose me?” “Look Koga I don't have time to stand there and listen to you pine away for my wife! I have to see her.” “Over my dead body!” “I'll take you up on that offer.” Inuyasha pulled out the tetsuaiga and Amaterasu's bottom lip hit the floor in surprise of seeing the legendary sword unsheathed right before her eyes. That's the sword. The sword of destruction... I can't believe it. The two men stared each other down but they both knew that the woman that they loved wouldn't be there to stop either one of them and that was the way they wanted it. “You allowed her to die, I can't forgive you for that Inuyasha... you must die. I'll make it quick.” They both ran at each other head first ready to kill.
 
South east...
Ming grabbed her head in pain and got a flashback. “Ahh.. my head... ow! You two stop it...SIT!”
 
Meanwhile...
“Inuyasha you will now die by my hands!” but the charging was suddenly stopped when Inuyasha slammed into the floor and he instinctively got up and said, “Wha'd you do that for Ka...” both of them looked puzzled and were completely silent. They looked at each other and walked away taking the hint. “Are you coming or not?” Amaterasu still looked dumbfounded by the events and finally answered him a minute later. “Uh...no... I mean yes!” he took the abandoned boat and began to push away from shore with a very nervous passenger who instantly got seasick before they were even out to sea! “Honestly! Why don't you just wait here until I get back.” “Because...I want to see her...I hear she is quite beautiful and that she has and aura of light that purifies anyone around her.” “You're so full of it! But whatever, are you ready now?” “Yes I am.” They got into the small, old boat and sailed south.
Southeast
“Lady Ming! What's wrong?” “I...I don't know? All I saw were two men fighting...ferociously but I don't know why those words came to me. Do you know why?” Cheju tried to think of an excuse, “Well...it's because...you used to teach the children who lived at the palace and if I remember correctly there were two children who fought and they wouldn't sit down, yes that's right.” The fact that it took too long for him to answer her question made her worry if he was telling the truth, but quickly ignored it since she knew her memory was a little fuzzy and trusted Cheju's words. They continued their trek to the castle in the west.
 
Back at the castle
“I still can't believe that Inuyasha is lord and emperor of the western lands. It's a little weird don't you think? Not too long ago he was an egotistical maniac who had no regard for anyone and was stuck in a love triangle between two women and now an Emperor. I guess it was meant to be.” Souten finally spoke up “Shippo don't you think that people change for a reason? You changed...you changed when your father passed, and also Miss Kagome passed and you changed it's whatever the circumstance is and you change accordingly so Inuyasha-sama changed all due to Miss Kagome's death.” Shippo thought of a rebuttal, “Well...Inuyasha is never one to change and I for one am beginning to worry! If Mama-Kagome was here he wouldn't be this way!” “Exactly Shippo! What Souten is trying to say is because Kagome is dead Inuyasha is not himself, he misses her. The servants tell me that he often suffers from sleepless nights and nightmares. They also tell me he calls out to her but quickly withdraws once he knows she's not there.” “But Sango...” “Shippo the only thing we can do as his friends is to help him and be there... that's all.” A baby's cry all took them away from the conversation. A smiling Rin walked around with her infant daughter singing a song she once sang while awaiting Sesshomaru's return.
 
My Lord Sesshomaru I will wait for your return.
Please don't forget about me as I sit and wait...
The sight I wait to see is your pure white essence in the wind.
Oh please don't forget me as I wait for your return.
I will be patient as I sit and wait whether it be hours or days because I know
That you'll return to me My Lord Sesshomaru as long as I wait.
(Thank you please save your applause.)
“Oh hello everyone! Wow Shippo you look like a man, guess you have grown much in six months, I guess you would you are older than me. Would you like to see my daughter?” Shippo got up and held the tiny child carefully, “Wow she's...so small. I've never seen anyone this tiny...she looks like her father but has more gentler eyes, she's beautiful.” “Thank you. Her father is in love with her, if she even moves a finger he jumps thinking something is wrong.” The baby yawned, “I guess its time to put her to bed, let me take her, there goes my baby.” She waved good bye to everyone and went in her room.
“Rin don't you think it's time for us to go back to our domain?” “Sesshomaru I like it here in the palace and besides Hana-chan didn't meet her uncle yet and I'm sure he wants to meet her.” “He can see her when he gets back. We are leaving to today, I don't feel comfortable here. I need to be in my own space.” “Okay milord we'll leave, I'm sure Hana will be excited to see her new home.” They gathered their belongings and walked out of the room. “Sango, Miroku everyone I'm sorry to say but we must leave. I think we have over stayed our welcome so we are going.” “Awe are you sure? Inuyasha doesn't have a problem with you staying, so stay.” “No I think it best we leave. Jaken!”
The imp seemed to have come from nowhere, “Yes Lady Rin?” “Please see that our horse it taken out of the stable so we can leave.” “Yes milady.” Jaken walked off and performed his duties. “Rin are you ready?” “Yes. Goodbye everyone!” “Goodbye Rin, Sesshomaru, and Hana-Sakaki!”
 
Mid-east Regions (Matsumoto and Kifu Prefectures)
Cheju and his two companions stopped to rest as the begging of Ming to get a short nap began to highly irritate Cheju. “Okay...I'll just...I...here to get some...” said a very groggy Ming. “I guess she was tired sire.” Ming stirred in her sleep and made grunting effort sounds in while moving about. “Die! Please Die! Leave...we don't...want...” Ansong and Cheju looked to each other with confusion once again. “Do you think it's a nightmare master?” “I'm not too sure but I can find out.” He placed a hand on her forehead and closed his eyes in great concentration. “May the gods of Shin-Si hear me. Show me the visions that plague this woman for she is deprived of sleep and mental clarity.” Within his minds eye he saw what Ming saw in her dreams, a priestess that looked like her and Ming wearing provocative clothing (her short school uniform) both women deadlocked in a fight of arrows and words over a man which was too hazy to see, the darkness he needed was found, the hatred for this woman was still eminent in her heart even though it appeared that she was no longer in this world. “I can use this to increase the darkness.” “Master I thought you said she was beginning to show evil traits.” “She is Ansong but it's not the evil we need to make the jewel it needs to be pure and from the heart. What has been plaguing her at night is the pure evil that she has hidden.” He placed her hand over his heart and said words in hopes that the next enemy they encounter his spell would work.
 
En route to the Ryuku main island (Okinawa)
 
“So Kaiomaru is you grandfather?” a nauseous Amaterasu just picked her head up from the side of the boat and belched loudly. “Uh...yes sire he is.” “Did he tell you any stories about my father?” “Yes actually he did.” “Can you tell me any?” “Let me think...well I know he was a very handsome man who saw highly sought after to make children, it really wasn't for the fact that he was ruler it was just because he could make strong babies, much like your brother but he didn't have too many redeeming qualities like your father. I remember that your brother was every bit of cocky as he is now.” The old man was sought off as a baby maker? Okay? “Were you born and raised in the palace?”
“Actually no I wasn't. My father was but when the kingdom was run out after your father passed I grew up on the island of Ryotsu. It's a fishing island off the coast where the castle is located. You couldn't imagine how happy my father was when he heard that the great demon lord's sons were ready to take back the empire. It was something to see, you and your brother standing there where your father once stood it sent chills up my spine and my dad knew that life would be better and the empire would be safe.” The sun began to sink into the horizon and Amaterasu drifted to sleep and Inuyasha kept a watchful eye on the sea ahead and wished that he was going to get Kagome not wish her well in the after life.
 
Nagoya
Ming is walking around the town of Okazaki getting supplies for the remainder of the trip, when she sees a wedding court walking by, she smiled looking at the people in their beautiful kimono's and the chanting until she dropped the supplies in her hand and grabbed her head in pain. A shrine priestess saw Ming in pain and ran to her aid. “Miss...Miss are you alright? Would you like to sit?” “Why thank...” Ming picked up her head and stopped her gratitude and seen the red and white clothing and swung her hand at the woman. “My goodness! I was only trying to help!” “I hate you! You'd best leave my sight before you die!” “What is the matter with you woman, I was trying to assist you!” Ming screamed and lunged at the priestess while on lookers gasped in awe and fear. “I hate you! You took him away from me, interrupted our lives far too many times I promise you will never walk this earth again you rotting pot of clay!” the on lookers now understood that the woman in clothing not native to Japan is a traveler who is clearly mad and told the priestess from afar to stop screaming and moving and only then would the attacker stop she did as she was told but Ming still hit, spat, and cursed the innocent priestess as if she knew her. Ming grabbed a nearby rock and bludgeoned the woman several times until she ceased movement.
 
A nearby ronin came to take care of Ming when as soon as he placed his hand on the swords sheath Cheju appeared from out of the thicket. “Is there a problem sir?” “Yes there is. This insane woman just killed a priestess and I plan on removing this bane of society from existence.” “I'm sorry I cannot allow you to do so seeing that she is under my care.” “Well I guess you'll have to die along with her.” He pulled out his sword when Cheju changed into his real form and gouged out the ronin's insides with one fell wipe of his claw. The people in the crowds screamed and fainted at the sight of the rouge samurai's entrails. Cheju calmly turned to the frightened onlookers smiled wickedly and said, “Does any one else want to kill me and my companion?” Most of the crowd ran into their homes or down the road to try and live another day. “Ming are you alright?” “Y...yes milord, I...don't...the woman just mad me so angry! All I wanted to do was remove her from this world so she can't take her place in hell!” “It's okay she wasn't meant to be here if you killed her, its okay.” “I hate her when ever I see anyone that looks like her I want to kill her! I will kill anyone that looks remotely like her, I promise.” “Sir, milady I have some news regarding our trek to the empire in the west.” “What is it?” asked an uninterested Cheju. “Sire the emperor of western nation has a brother that resides a little to the south of the castle that is equal in the lord's castle in beauty but lacks size.” “So what?” Ansong began to get nervous, “Well I was wondering sir since that particular castle is not up to your standards I was wondering if I could reside in that location.” “I don't care what you ask for as long as you don't ask for anything in my new lair.” “Thank you sir you are too kind.” The three travelers gathered their belongings and continued their travels.