InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will You Return To Me? (Continuation to the Power of Ai ❯ Invasion ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8
Invasion
 
Rin was bathing Hana-Sakaki in a lavender scented bath. “Sesshomaru, Hana has been growing a lot over the past couple of months, do you know why?” he smiled at his wife as he helped her cloth Hana-Sakaki. “It's because of my demon blood. Everything excels and goes faster with demon blood.” Rin chuckled, “I know.” A knock at the gates snatched Sesshomaru from his stunned look from his wife's comment. As he neared the door he began to feel uneasy. “Jaken.” The imp ran excitedly to his masters' side, “Yes milord!” “Take Rin and my daughter out of here.” Jaken turned his head in confusion and wondered. “But why?” “Give me the staff.” Jaken handed is over. “If there shall be evil here sound aloud.” The woman portion of the staff moaned in pain and Jaken gasped. “I will take them immediately sire.” Jaken left and Sesshomaru placed his hand readily at the hilt of his sword tokijin. He opened the door to find a hideous looking demon clearly not from these lands, who's clothing was soiled and had holes everywhere. Sesshomaru was clearly disgusted, “No paupers are allowed in, leave.” Sesshomaru closed the door. “Vermin.” Once again knocking, Sesshomaru opened the door, then the man spoke, “You see I may be a pauper but I wont be once this castle is mine.” “Is that right?” the man nodded. “Yes especially if my master has anything to do with it.” Sesshomaru's eyes widened as a powerful kekkai blast sent him flying backwards into the castle. Ansong chuckled as he entered. “We're taking this over. So please vacate the premises.” Sesshomaru took hold of his scabbard on tokijin and tried to slash at Ansong, but an arrow knocked the sword to the side. “There is only one person who can do that and she is dead.” He looked up at the woman. “Are you?” Cheju looked down on him. “Stop, I am royalty you impudent mongrel.” Sesshomaru didn't even blink as he leapt up and started to fight bare-handed.
They both stood up panting looking at each other. They were evenly matched as they just stared each other down. Cheju spoke first, “You're quite good, but I will remove you from here.” Shessomaru looked at him smugly, “Hmph, is that so? I promise you'll have a difficult time in doing so.” Sesshomaru opened his left hand. “Dokkaso! (Poison flower claws)” He slashed and caught Cheju in the chest causing burns. Cheju growled and winced in pain as Sesshomaru continued to be on the offensive. “You will be rust on my blade you foul demon!” as he slashed with tokijin, but Cheju wasn't going down without a fight as he lurched up changed into his demon form, and used his large claws to attack, “Shin no kesso! (Claws of death)” The light that emanated from the claws blazed a trail to Sesshomaru, Sesshomaru dodged to avoid getting struck on the right leg, he howled in pain.
 
At the palace
Inuyasha's illness worsened as he lie in his chambers running a fever and constant vomiting. Amaterasu was by his side the whole time dampening his cloth and cleaning up his vomit. He spoke through a tired voice. “You remind me of her a bit.” Amaterasu smiled, “Really? How so?” “Well now for instance you're taking care of me when you clearly should be at your post, and you can handle your self. I really liked how you handled Koga most of all.” She laughed, “Well he pissed me off and he was being disrespectful to you. I wasn't going to let him get away with that.” Inuyasha nodded in agreement. “I don't think I've been this sick ever, even when I was a child.” Although he wouldn't say it aloud in the back of his mind he thought that maybe Koga was telling the truth. “Sire I have to tell you something.” He sat up to listen. “There are some things I've been feeling and I'm not quite sure how to deal with them. “Well that's easy Amaterasu just act on `em, I do it all...” She quickly kissed him. Once she stopped he looked at her, which was all he could do for words completely escaped him. “I'm sorry sire I have to confess... I've been in love with you since I'd first seen you. It was killing me to be this close to you and not experience what it must feel like to kiss you.” She got up and ran out of embarrassment. “Wait!” Inuyasha leapt up to met her and he kissed her. “I haven't felt that way since Kagome kissed me, thank you.”
 
At Sesshomaru's
 
Ming was lining up her shot to kill Sesshomaru when a brief flash of visions went through her mind. The visions weren't too clear but they were clear enough to hurt her heart.” She tried to stay focused but her tears were blurring her vision making it difficult to position the arrow correctly. “No!” she slouched to the floor and cried. Cheju stopped his attack and ran to her side. “Ming! Say something!” Sesshomaru used the opportunity to get to his wife and child. Rin, Hana-Sakaki, and Jaken were on the road toward Inuyasha's castle. “Rin!” Rin turned around happy to hear Sesshomaru's voice until she looked at his injured state. “Oh my God! Sesshomaru what happened?” He kissed her forehead. “The castle was attacked we have to get to my brother's home at once.” Rin nodded “I think we should get there fast, Ah-un!” The two headed dragon flew out from it's near by cave and landed at her feet. “I need you to take us to Inuyasha please.” The dragon squealed and nuzzled at Rin's neck gently. Rin climbed atop Ah-un and the baby followed. Sesshomaru and Jaken used the nimbus cloud.
 
At Sesshomaru's
“We've defeated him my lord! Now all that is left is that castle just north of here.” “I know. With the jewel I'll rule all! With you by my side Ming.” Ming smiled but on the inside she felt a change was going to happen. Ming kept it to herself but she knew she'd recognize that man in white from somewhere but she just couldn't figure out from where or why. At that very moment a wave of flashbacks entered her mind, she didn't scream or cry like she normally had done she just let them play out in her mind and she started to thing about all of the people she's seen since she's been with Cheju. She remembered how they'd all at her as if they'd seen a ghost. She thought about the other woman they referred her as this Kagome woman and figured out that the woman who plagued her visions and dreams must be her, the woman is Kagome, who is she and why does everyone thing that Ming is she. “Am I this Kagome woman? Yet to Cheju and Ansong I am Ming but, to everyone else who has seen me here know me as Kagome. I wonder if I'll ever run into that man in red. I see him more than anyone else, maybe he knows something.” As she explored the castle she found a map leading to a large castle with a picture of a white haired man in red. “The man in red, no. Is this the palace we are to take over?” She studied the map and put it back. “Sire, may I take one of the horses and go shopping in one of the nearby towns?” “Of course just be back as soon as possible because I want to attack that palace as soon as possible.” She bowed and made her way to the palace.
 
In the town square
 
Inuyasha and Amaterasu were inseparable; whenever they could they'd sneak kisses and gentle touches. The rest of the group acted as if they were oblivious to the new love in Inuyasha's life, but amongst themselves they complained and said things about Amaterasu that was mean and Shippo was the ring leader. “How dare he walk around here and parade her around like some trophy! That woman is nothing compared to my mother!” Miroku as always tried to see the positive side of the situation, “Calm down Shippo, this maybe what he needs to return to his old self and I doubt if this woman is going to replace lady Kagome, I don't think anyone could...”
 
The town was buzzing when news about a beautiful female was seen around shopping and looking for a man in red. Rumors were far and away about her some said she was a beauty from the continent some thought she was wealthy Japanese who could afford foreign silks. Of course the woman is Ming after about a day and a half of traveling on horseback she finally arrived at the castle. She was right in the center of town; she sampled the foods and took in the sights, but was intent on finding the man in red. No soon than she set out to the castle did she actually bump into the man and his companion. “Excuse me sir my horse is rather clumsy, I did not mean for him to step on your feet.” Inuyasha looked at her with such confusion he never once said a word. Amaterasu knew exactly who the woman was, her face was unmistakable, her beauty was flawless, and her eyes didn't remember who Inuyasha was, which was fine with her because now she could have her King all to herself. Inuyasha looked at the foreigner in front of him, her face; something told him that she was very familiar to him but why wasn't he sure? He was
snapped out of the daze when Amaterasu pulled on his arm. “Come my lord we have to return to the castle.” “Uh, yeah your right. Let's go.” Amaterasu dragged him back. The woman looked at the man as he disappeared into the crowd. “Inu...yasha.” tears streamed down her face she wasn't sure why they came but her heart called out to him and she knew that his did too. To her it was kismet, something between the two of them was destined to happen, but for now she felt pain. So many thoughts on her way back to Cheju.
 
In the Palace
 
“Amaterasu is there a reason why we're back here?” she just stood there and looked at him. “I have things to do anyway so it's fine.” She left without saying a word and Inuyasha didn't bother to question. As he sat there looking over royal decrees and reading other documents his mind drifted to that woman in the square. He felt different since he'd seen her; something in him said she's with me. His eyes glazed over as if the woman he was looking at didn't really know herself and how only he could set things right. “Kagome.” He gasped. “Was that her? No! Can't be, I would have been able to tell! Well not really seeing that we were next to a food cart. No! Stop it man, that wasn't her.” he got back to work and tried to get the woman off of his mind. BOOM! The entrance of the castle burst open and Sesshomaru flew to Inuyasha's quarters.
 
“That human of yours tried to kill me!” Inuyasha shoved his brother away from him. “What the hell are you talking about? What human?” Sesshomaru snarled, “That woman who traveled with you!” before he could blink Inuyasha's fist slammed into his brothers face. “Don't you dare you bastard! Kagome is dead. You and Koga don't seem to understand that!” Sesshomaru looked at Inuyasha from the flat of his back. “If someone else has told you that why haven't you acted on it! If this woman meant so much to you, you shouldn't hesitate, if it were Rin I know I wouldn't.” Inuyasha didn't bother to hide his tears. “Her grave was desecrated, Sesshomaru. In thousands upon thousands of pieces on the pagoda courtyard. Someone killed her memory... I think the best I can do is move on. It hurts to think of her. I can still smell, taste, touch and see her in every part of my body...why is that? She's been gone for over half a year...7 new moons have come and gone since I last seen her face. And in all of those times I've been human her heart still called out to me, even though she'd long since died. But I was too hurt to see for myself. I miss her...but I hoped she was still alive waiting for me, but I refuse to believe in a wolf who wanted her and a half-brother who has tried to kill me for most of my life over an heirloom! I have someone who has tried to help me get over Kagome, she and I are and item. This is my new and last time at a chance of happiness and I will not let any one ruin it!” As soon as he finished his speech he fell to the floor unconscious.
 
Ansong's Castle (formerly Sesshomaru's)
 
Ming was in the wash room looking at herself in clothing native to Japan and she once again noticed the two holes on her neck, “What are these? They look a little larger now.” she touched them; “Cheju never did this. Why are they here?”
 
Palace
 
“YOU BASTARD! How dare you! HOW DARE YOU! You sit there and claim you love and miss her and yet you cheat on her with another woman!” Inuyasha was still out cold. “You don't deserve her! Maybe you should have let Koga keep her. I'm outta here!” Miroku just looked on in shock after seeing Shippo punch Inuyasha out. Sango tried to be the voice of reason once again. “Wait Shippo! I know you're angry and I don't blame you. But sympathize with him I know you and Kagome were close, but she and Inuyasha were much closer than that.” Shippo stopped, “I know but...how could he just pass on her, that damn fool! Did he forget all she's done for him!”
 
Flashback
 
If you're looking for Kikyo she's still alive...she's in the woods...recuperating. Her wounds from Naraku were pretty bad. The Shikigami asked me to make a choice...save her or let her die. I know you missed her so I did what I thought was right... I'm sure she wants to see you too.
 
“Shippo you know he hasn't forgot any of that this girl is...just a way for him to deal. I know it's not as serious as it was with Kagome.” “Sango are you sure?” Miroku asked unsure of that fact. Shippo continued to plead for Kagome, “Whether it's serious or not I wont watch him replace my mother!” he left the grounds to investigate. Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed through the gray sky as Sango looked at the heavens display of light and sound. “You know Miroku, Shippo is right, this girl is in effect replacing Kagome.” Miroku sighed. “I wish there was something I could say but I know it won't help. All we can do is hope for Inuyasha to come to his senses.” Rain started to fall heavily.
 
...
 
Ming looked at the two puncture holes and moved her hand cautiously toward them. “Who put this here? Maybe it was the man in red.”
 
...
 
Who put these here? Maybe it was the man in red.
“Kagome!” he jumped from the floor where his friends left him. Miroku looked at him, “No it's me. What happened did you have a bad dream?” “I'm not sure...it had to be, but it felt so real as if she were nearby.” Miroku smirked a bit. “Don't you think it's a sign.” “A sign of what?” Miroku punched Inuyasha, “What the hell was that for?” “You idiot, it's probably a sign telling you that everyone may be right about Kagome.” Inuyasha avoided the subject. “Why was I on the floor?” Miroku rolled his eyes knowing full well what Inuyasha was doing, “Shippo knocked you out.” He said it with a smile. “He what! That little...” “He was rather upset when you said you're in love with another woman. Understandable since you went through the same thing with Kiky...oh well look at that it's raining. I should check on Kohaku.” Inuyasha looked out wondering why everyone was telling him a lie. Everyone was there, they seen when she died and froze into a beautiful statue. Why would Koga and Sesshomaru go to such lengths to lie? He needed to think and there was only one person who'd set him straight. He gathered up his traveling gear and set out to travel to Musashi's domain (east).
 
As he walked through the scenic hills and the lush green forests he recounted the scenes of the final battle with Naraku, the enemy that had wronged them all in some shape of form. Each person had their own purpose, everyone except Kagome... she just wanted to repair the damage done to the jewel and stay by Inuyasha's side and ultimately she gave her life to save everyone. People that didn't even exist in her time, who had no true connection to her...she saved them all with not even a second thought, he knew she was destined to be with him forever. It's hard to believe it took her death for him to truly understand her purpose and his love for her.
 
Before he knew it he was in the east. “I smell cooking. The old lady must be home for once.” He walked into her home to see people crying gathered around her. “Granny?” The woman smiled weakly. “Inuyasha, I knew you'd come, thank goodness.” Tears started to form in his eyes, he shook them off. “Everyone leave now!” he kneeled at her bedside. “Old lady what happened?” She struggled to talk, “I'm bound for the netherworld soon, so I don't have much time. The shikon *cough* jewel is still in existence *cough, cough*” he rubbed her back to sooth the coughs of death racking her body. “Save your strength woman you can tell me later.” “No! Listen to me damned boy! With the jewel there is only one person strong enough to wield and empower it, Kagome is still alive.” There it is again someone else is saying she still walks the earth. All he could think of is what Kaede's story was. “Go ahead.” Was all he could muster.
“I was traveling...” she preceded to explain. “ I thought I was going to die but I clearly lived for a reason... even though my time is nearly gone. Once you see her you'll know she's not herself. That man has tainted her mind and heart. You must save her Inuyasha her body is too pure to keep that evil inside her for too long.”
“Kaede...are you sure it's Kagome?” “Inuyasha I don't remember you ever calling me by my name than...you promised you'd avenge my sister's death and you looked after me in the process...just tell Kagome that I know it wasn't her own doing and that I forgive her and I love you and her both...thank you.” Her eyes rolled back showing death and Inuyasha broke down. “I've lost them all... Kikyo... Kagome and the old, I mean Kaede.” He placed a white sheet over her body and walked around the town reliving tons of old memories of all three women.
“Everything started here...and everything ended in the south, maybe everyone was right. I gotta go see what's there. Thanks old lady if you all are right then I'll set Kagome free.
Chapter 8
Invasion
 
Rin was bathing Hana-Sakaki in a lavender scented bath. “Sesshomaru, Hana has been growing a lot over the past couple of months, do you know why?” he smiled at his wife as he helped her cloth Hana-Sakaki. “It's because of my demon blood. Everything excels and goes faster with demon blood.” Rin chuckled, “I know.” A knock at the gates snatched Sesshomaru from his stunned look from his wife's comment. As he neared the door he began to feel uneasy. “Jaken.” The imp ran excitedly to his masters' side, “Yes milord!” “Take Rin and my daughter out of here.” Jaken turned his head in confusion and wondered. “But why?” “Give me the staff.” Jaken handed is over. “If there shall be evil here sound aloud.” The woman portion of the staff moaned in pain and Jaken gasped. “I will take them immediately sire.” Jaken left and Sesshomaru placed his hand readily at the hilt of his sword tokijin. He opened the door to find a hideous looking demon clearly not from these lands, who's clothing was soiled and had holes everywhere. Sesshomaru was clearly disgusted, “No paupers are allowed in, leave.” Sesshomaru closed the door. “Vermin.” Once again knocking, Sesshomaru opened the door, then the man spoke, “You see I may be a pauper but I wont be once this castle is mine.” “Is that right?” the man nodded. “Yes especially if my master has anything to do with it.” Sesshomaru's eyes widened as a powerful kekkai blast sent him flying backwards into the castle. Ansong chuckled as he entered. “We're taking this over. So please vacate the premises.” Sesshomaru took hold of his scabbard on tokijin and tried to slash at Ansong, but an arrow knocked the sword to the side. “There is only one person who can do that and she is dead.” He looked up at the woman. “Are you?” Cheju looked down on him. “Stop, I am royalty you impudent mongrel.” Sesshomaru didn't even blink as he leapt up and started to fight bare-handed.
They both stood up panting looking at each other. They were evenly matched as they just stared each other down. Cheju spoke first, “You're quite good, but I will remove you from here.” Shessomaru looked at him smugly, “Hmph, is that so? I promise you'll have a difficult time in doing so.” Sesshomaru opened his left hand. “Dokkaso! (Poison flower claws)” He slashed and caught Cheju in the chest causing burns. Cheju growled and winced in pain as Sesshomaru continued to be on the offensive. “You will be rust on my blade you foul demon!” as he slashed with tokijin, but Cheju wasn't going down without a fight as he lurched up changed into his demon form, and used his large claws to attack, “Shin no kesso! (Claws of death)” The light that emanated from the claws blazed a trail to Sesshomaru, Sesshomaru dodged to avoid getting struck on the right leg, he howled in pain.
 
At the palace
Inuyasha's illness worsened as he lie in his chambers running a fever and constant vomiting. Amaterasu was by his side the whole time dampening his cloth and cleaning up his vomit. He spoke through a tired voice. “You remind me of her a bit.” Amaterasu smiled, “Really? How so?” “Well now for instance you're taking care of me when you clearly should be at your post, and you can handle your self. I really liked how you handled Koga most of all.” She laughed, “Well he pissed me off and he was being disrespectful to you. I wasn't going to let him get away with that.” Inuyasha nodded in agreement. “I don't think I've been this sick ever, even when I was a child.” Although he wouldn't say it aloud in the back of his mind he thought that maybe Koga was telling the truth. “Sire I have to tell you something.” He sat up to listen. “There are some things I've been feeling and I'm not quite sure how to deal with them. “Well that's easy Amaterasu just act on `em, I do it all...” She quickly kissed him. Once she stopped he looked at her, which was all he could do for words completely escaped him. “I'm sorry sire I have to confess... I've been in love with you since I'd first seen you. It was killing me to be this close to you and not experience what it must feel like to kiss you.” She got up and ran out of embarrassment. “Wait!” Inuyasha leapt up to met her and he kissed her. “I haven't felt that way since Kagome kissed me, thank you.”
 
At Sesshomaru's
 
Ming was lining up her shot to kill Sesshomaru when a brief flash of visions went through her mind. The visions weren't too clear but they were clear enough to hurt her heart.” She tried to stay focused but her tears were blurring her vision making it difficult to position the arrow correctly. “No!” she slouched to the floor and cried. Cheju stopped his attack and ran to her side. “Ming! Say something!” Sesshomaru used the opportunity to get to his wife and child. Rin, Hana-Sakaki, and Jaken were on the road toward Inuyasha's castle. “Rin!” Rin turned around happy to hear Sesshomaru's voice until she looked at his injured state. “Oh my God! Sesshomaru what happened?” He kissed her forehead. “The castle was attacked we have to get to my brother's home at once.” Rin nodded “I think we should get there fast, Ah-un!” The two headed dragon flew out from it's near by cave and landed at her feet. “I need you to take us to Inuyasha please.” The dragon squealed and nuzzled at Rin's neck gently. Rin climbed atop Ah-un and the baby followed. Sesshomaru and Jaken used the nimbus cloud.
 
At Sesshomaru's
“We've defeated him my lord! Now all that is left is that castle just north of here.” “I know. With the jewel I'll rule all! With you by my side Ming.” Ming smiled but on the inside she felt a change was going to happen. Ming kept it to herself but she knew she'd recognize that man in white from somewhere but she just couldn't figure out from where or why. At that very moment a wave of flashbacks entered her mind, she didn't scream or cry like she normally had done she just let them play out in her mind and she started to thing about all of the people she's seen since she's been with Cheju. She remembered how they'd all at her as if they'd seen a ghost. She thought about the other woman they referred her as this Kagome woman and figured out that the woman who plagued her visions and dreams must be her, the woman is Kagome, who is she and why does everyone thing that Ming is she. “Am I this Kagome woman? Yet to Cheju and Ansong I am Ming but, to everyone else who has seen me here know me as Kagome. I wonder if I'll ever run into that man in red. I see him more than anyone else, maybe he knows something.” As she explored the castle she found a map leading to a large castle with a picture of a white haired man in red. “The man in red, no. Is this the palace we are to take over?” She studied the map and put it back. “Sire, may I take one of the horses and go shopping in one of the nearby towns?” “Of course just be back as soon as possible because I want to attack that palace as soon as possible.” She bowed and made her way to the palace.
 
In the town square
 
Inuyasha and Amaterasu were inseparable; whenever they could they'd sneak kisses and gentle touches. The rest of the group acted as if they were oblivious to the new love in Inuyasha's life, but amongst themselves they complained and said things about Amaterasu that was mean and Shippo was the ring leader. “How dare he walk around here and parade her around like some trophy! That woman is nothing compared to my mother!” Miroku as always tried to see the positive side of the situation, “Calm down Shippo, this maybe what he needs to return to his old self and I doubt if this woman is going to replace lady Kagome, I don't think anyone could...”
 
The town was buzzing when news about a beautiful female was seen around shopping and looking for a man in red. Rumors were far and away about her some said she was a beauty from the continent some thought she was wealthy Japanese who could afford foreign silks. Of course the woman is Ming after about a day and a half of traveling on horseback she finally arrived at the castle. She was right in the center of town; she sampled the foods and took in the sights, but was intent on finding the man in red. No soon than she set out to the castle did she actually bump into the man and his companion. “Excuse me sir my horse is rather clumsy, I did not mean for him to step on your feet.” Inuyasha looked at her with such confusion he never once said a word. Amaterasu knew exactly who the woman was, her face was unmistakable, her beauty was flawless, and her eyes didn't remember who Inuyasha was, which was fine with her because now she could have her King all to herself. Inuyasha looked at the foreigner in front of him, her face; something told him that she was very familiar to him but why wasn't he sure? He was
snapped out of the daze when Amaterasu pulled on his arm. “Come my lord we have to return to the castle.” “Uh, yeah your right. Let's go.” Amaterasu dragged him back. The woman looked at the man as he disappeared into the crowd. “Inu...yasha.” tears streamed down her face she wasn't sure why they came but her heart called out to him and she knew that his did too. To her it was kismet, something between the two of them was destined to happen, but for now she felt pain. So many thoughts on her way back to Cheju.
 
In the Palace
 
“Amaterasu is there a reason why we're back here?” she just stood there and looked at him. “I have things to do anyway so it's fine.” She left without saying a word and Inuyasha didn't bother to question. As he sat there looking over royal decrees and reading other documents his mind drifted to that woman in the square. He felt different since he'd seen her; something in him said she's with me. His eyes glazed over as if the woman he was looking at didn't really know herself and how only he could set things right. “Kagome.” He gasped. “Was that her? No! Can't be, I would have been able to tell! Well not really seeing that we were next to a food cart. No! Stop it man, that wasn't her.” he got back to work and tried to get the woman off of his mind. BOOM! The entrance of the castle burst open and Sesshomaru flew to Inuyasha's quarters.
 
“That human of yours tried to kill me!” Inuyasha shoved his brother away from him. “What the hell are you talking about? What human?” Sesshomaru snarled, “That woman who traveled with you!” before he could blink Inuyasha's fist slammed into his brothers face. “Don't you dare you bastard! Kagome is dead. You and Koga don't seem to understand that!” Sesshomaru looked at Inuyasha from the flat of his back. “If someone else has told you that why haven't you acted on it! If this woman meant so much to you, you shouldn't hesitate, if it were Rin I know I wouldn't.” Inuyasha didn't bother to hide his tears. “Her grave was desecrated, Sesshomaru. In thousands upon thousands of pieces on the pagoda courtyard. Someone killed her memory... I think the best I can do is move on. It hurts to think of her. I can still smell, taste, touch and see her in every part of my body...why is that? She's been gone for over half a year...7 new moons have come and gone since I last seen her face. And in all of those times I've been human her heart still called out to me, even though she'd long since died. But I was too hurt to see for myself. I miss her...but I hoped she was still alive waiting for me, but I refuse to believe in a wolf who wanted her and a half-brother who has tried to kill me for most of my life over an heirloom! I have someone who has tried to help me get over Kagome, she and I are and item. This is my new and last time at a chance of happiness and I will not let any one ruin it!” As soon as he finished his speech he fell to the floor unconscious.
 
Ansong's Castle (formerly Sesshomaru's)
 
Ming was in the wash room looking at herself in clothing native to Japan and she once again noticed the two holes on her neck, “What are these? They look a little larger now.” she touched them; “Cheju never did this. Why are they here?”
 
Palace
 
“YOU BASTARD! How dare you! HOW DARE YOU! You sit there and claim you love and miss her and yet you cheat on her with another woman!” Inuyasha was still out cold. “You don't deserve her! Maybe you should have let Koga keep her. I'm outta here!” Miroku just looked on in shock after seeing Shippo punch Inuyasha out. Sango tried to be the voice of reason once again. “Wait Shippo! I know you're angry and I don't blame you. But sympathize with him I know you and Kagome were close, but she and Inuyasha were much closer than that.” Shippo stopped, “I know but...how could he just pass on her, that damn fool! Did he forget all she's done for him!”
 
Flashback
 
If you're looking for Kikyo she's still alive...she's in the woods...recuperating. Her wounds from Naraku were pretty bad. The Shikigami asked me to make a choice...save her or let her die. I know you missed her so I did what I thought was right... I'm sure she wants to see you too.
 
“Shippo you know he hasn't forgot any of that this girl is...just a way for him to deal. I know it's not as serious as it was with Kagome.” “Sango are you sure?” Miroku asked unsure of that fact. Shippo continued to plead for Kagome, “Whether it's serious or not I wont watch him replace my mother!” he left the grounds to investigate. Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed through the gray sky as Sango looked at the heavens display of light and sound. “You know Miroku, Shippo is right, this girl is in effect replacing Kagome.” Miroku sighed. “I wish there was something I could say but I know it won't help. All we can do is hope for Inuyasha to come to his senses.” Rain started to fall heavily.
 
...
 
Ming looked at the two puncture holes and moved her hand cautiously toward them. “Who put this here? Maybe it was the man in red.”
 
...
 
Who put these here? Maybe it was the man in red.
“Kagome!” he jumped from the floor where his friends left him. Miroku looked at him, “No it's me. What happened did you have a bad dream?” “I'm not sure...it had to be, but it felt so real as if she were nearby.” Miroku smirked a bit. “Don't you think it's a sign.” “A sign of what?” Miroku punched Inuyasha, “What the hell was that for?” “You idiot, it's probably a sign telling you that everyone may be right about Kagome.” Inuyasha avoided the subject. “Why was I on the floor?” Miroku rolled his eyes knowing full well what Inuyasha was doing, “Shippo knocked you out.” He said it with a smile. “He what! That little...” “He was rather upset when you said you're in love with another woman. Understandable since you went through the same thing with Kiky...oh well look at that it's raining. I should check on Kohaku.” Inuyasha looked out wondering why everyone was telling him a lie. Everyone was there, they seen when she died and froze into a beautiful statue. Why would Koga and Sesshomaru go to such lengths to lie? He needed to think and there was only one person who'd set him straight. He gathered up his traveling gear and set out to travel to Musashi's domain (east).
 
As he walked through the scenic hills and the lush green forests he recounted the scenes of the final battle with Naraku, the enemy that had wronged them all in some shape of form. Each person had their own purpose, everyone except Kagome... she just wanted to repair the damage done to the jewel and stay by Inuyasha's side and ultimately she gave her life to save everyone. People that didn't even exist in her time, who had no true connection to her...she saved them all with not even a second thought, he knew she was destined to be with him forever. It's hard to believe it took her death for him to truly understand her purpose and his love for her.
 
Before he knew it he was in the east. “I smell cooking. The old lady must be home for once.” He walked into her home to see people crying gathered around her. “Granny?” The woman smiled weakly. “Inuyasha, I knew you'd come, thank goodness.” Tears started to form in his eyes, he shook them off. “Everyone leave now!” he kneeled at her bedside. “Old lady what happened?” She struggled to talk, “I'm bound for the netherworld soon, so I don't have much time. The shikon *cough* jewel is still in existence *cough, cough*” he rubbed her back to sooth the coughs of death racking her body. “Save your strength woman you can tell me later.” “No! Listen to me damned boy! With the jewel there is only one person strong enough to wield and empower it, Kagome is still alive.” There it is again someone else is saying she still walks the earth. All he could think of is what Kaede's story was. “Go ahead.” Was all he could muster.
“I was traveling...” she preceded to explain. “ I thought I was going to die but I clearly lived for a reason... even though my time is nearly gone. Once you see her you'll know she's not herself. That man has tainted her mind and heart. You must save her Inuyasha her body is too pure to keep that evil inside her for too long.”
“Kaede...are you sure it's Kagome?” “Inuyasha I don't remember you ever calling me by my name than...you promised you'd avenge my sister's death and you looked after me in the process...just tell Kagome that I know it wasn't her own doing and that I forgive her and I love you and her both...thank you.” Her eyes rolled back showing death and Inuyasha broke down. “I've lost them all... Kikyo... Kagome and the old, I mean Kaede.” He placed a white sheet over her body and walked around the town reliving tons of old memories of all three women.
“Everything started here...and everything ended in the south, maybe everyone was right. I gotta go see what's there. Thanks old lady if you all are right then I'll set Kagome free.