InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winds of Destiny. ❯ Her Greatest Fear. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter two- Her Greatest Fear,

--Dream--
"What do you fear?" Kagome asked the man in the shadows. She couldn't see him just hear him. His voice seemed to echo around her mind.

"Death." The man's voice was calm and sweet. "What about you. Do you fear death?"

"No, death is lives next great adventure." Kagome said looking around the blackness. "Death is mysterious and yet welcoming."

"If you have no fear of death then why search for the shards?" Kagome looked back to the man in the shadows and smiled.

"I'm not sure. I'm just embracing destiny. My broken destiny." Kagome said standing and walking towards the faceless man as she reached out her hand she felt as if she was being pulled away. "No, please."

"I must go."
--End Dream--

Kagome gasped as she woke up. It was the middle of the night. She had been having them dreams for the past week and she'd been traveling with her new pack for 3 weeks. They hadn't been able to gather anymore shards. She could tell that there were 5 that weren't tainted but she didn't know where they were. All the other ones were tainted and Naraku had them. Kagome looked at the sky and sat up. She pulled her knees to her chest and sat and thought.

'Death. Do I fear death? No. I don't fear death.'

'As you said, death is lives next great adventure.'
Kagome's beast reassured her. Kagome smiled and stood. She could feel the eyes on her. She looked at everyone. They were all except Kagura who had her eyes closed. She then looked to the tree Sesshoumaru was in. He was watching her with interest.

'The miko has no fear over death.' Sesshoumaru thought. It had been him that was in her dreams. He watched as she looked at everyone of their companions then at him. He jumped down from his tree branch and walked up to her.

"Come." Kagome nodded and followed him. They walked a good time in silence before Kagome found herself pushed into a tree with lips on hers. "You drive me crazy, miko." Sesshoumaru whispered in her ear taking a wiff of her. She smelled out vanilla suger and cunfusion. "Your smell is so sweet." Kagome could smell his arousal. He always had his scent hid as to keep youkai from knowing what he was feeling but now he let her know his scent. He smelled of pine trees, the woods, and arousal. Kagome loved the way he smelled. "Hmm," He muttered as he licked her face. Kagome's own arousal was growing. "You smell like heaven." He told her. He pushed himself closer to her letting her feel his member on her stomach that was as hard as a rock. "You don't know what you do to me. You prance around in your little cloths and I have to keep my scent hid to keep the world from knowing of my arousal. I want you, Kagome." The way her name rolled off of his tongue made a shiver go up her spine. It was the first time he'd said it. He took his hands and started feeling this new woman. (A/N Kagome gave him his arm back before a fight with a strong youkai.)

Kagome woke up the next morning in her sleeping bag. She frowned at what had happened last night. They didn't have sex but close enough. Kagome was still pure though. She stopped it before anything more had happened. Kagome sighed and strectched. She grabbed her bag and started walking towards the hot springs when she felt Inuyasha coming. A few moments later he was by her side. Inuyasha took one sniff of her and his eyes tinted red a little. Tetsagia was the only thing keeping his demon side in check.

"He touched you. I'll kill him." He took another sniff and his eye's went back to their golder hues. He pulled her into a tight embrace. "He didn't take you. Good." Kagome started trying to push Inuyasha off of her but to no avail. She just had her wmipy human strength when she looked human.

"Get off." Kagome demanded. Inuyasha didn't listen and pushed her against a tree and pressed his lips to hers. Kagome started pushing him again but still to no avail, she just wasn't strong enough. Kagome could smell his arousal and determantion. A few seconds later Inuyasha was thrown back. Kagome sighed with relief as she saw Sesshoumaru.

"Lady Kagome said to get off." Sesshoumaru said pulling out Jetinsagia. When he and Kagome were training Kagome accidently broke his other sword. Inuyasha scoffed and pulled out Tetsagia which didn't transform.

"What the hell?" Inuyasha nearly screamed. A shadowy figure started to come out of the sword. The figure stood straight and both Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru gasped. The figure looked exactly like Sesshoumaru except he had green markings instead of purple.

"Son, you have failed to protect the one you were to protect, not against another but against yourself." Inutaisho said sadly as his body started to turn solid. Kagome had her hands facing him and her eyes closed. Inutaisho's eyes widened as he looked at his now fully solid body He looked at the falling girl and smiled as his oldest son caught her quickly.

"Is she the one he has failed to protect?" Inutaisho asked.

"Yes." Sesshoumaru said picking her up bridal style. "Come." Sesshoumaru said walking back towards their camp. Inutaisho and Inuyasha followed him. Once there Kagura pulled out her fan, Shippo stood tall, Rin pulled out a small sword, Jaken hid, Miroku readied his wind tunnel, and Sesshoumaru laid Kagome down. Shippo jumped onto Inuyasha's head.

"Baka, you hurt Kagome." Shippo said jumping up and down. Rin was the first to notice that one man looked like Sesshoumaru.

"Lord Sesshoumaru. Why does that man look like you. Do you have a twin brother?" Rin asked. A youkai lives till killed and never looks grows to look over 20.

"Rin, you ungrateful stupid human. That-"

"Jaken, hold your tongue." The man's voice was colder than Sesshoumaru's but his face was soft and his eyes told he was kind.

"O-of co-course Lord Inutaisho." Jaken was never Lord Inutaisho's retainer, he was always Lord Sesshoumaru's retainer, but he had started being his retainer just before Lord Inutaisho had died. He was kind but wouldn't take to humans being mistreated.

"Rin, I am Sesshoumaru's father."

"Lord Sesshoumaru, you said your father died after sealing a dragon youkai that Inuyasha killed." Rin stated looking at her Lord. Inutaisho looked at his youngest son and smiled.

"So, if Inuyasha didn't hurt Kagome. What happened. I still think it's all the baka's fault. Why can't you just leave her alone?"

"Because she's mine." Inuyasha said cockily. Sesshoumaru turned his attention to his brother and unshealthed Jetinsagia.

"She is not yours." Sesshoumaru said angrily.

"She's not yours. I see no mark." Inuyasha said lifting up Tetsagia that still wasn't transformed.

"Stop this now." Inutaisho's voice boomed and Inuyasha cowered while Sesshoumaru scoffed. "Sesshoumau Daisuke Takahashi." Inutaisho said glaring at his oldest son who looked at his with a bored look.

"He started it. The miko is not his."

"Well, I'm ending it."

"You alway-"

"Shut up, both of you. Sesshoumaru I'll send you to the grave, and Toga I'll send you back." Kagome's voice sent chills down everyone's spine. Kagome sighed sitting up. Her eyes were cold as was her face. Toga shut his mouth as did Sesshoumaru.

"There is a jewel shard North of here. Inuyasha Sango is in danger." Kagome said standing. Inuyasha was gone in seconds.

"Lady Kagome, how'd you know Lady Sango was in trouble?" Rin asked.

"I didn't. I lied to him. Let's go." Kagome said standing. She couldn't last much longer. They started for the North.

"Lord Inutaisho, will you be taking over the Western Lands or will Lord Sesshoumaru keep them?" Rin asked pulling on his kimono.

"I will travel. I was never able to stay in one place for to long." Inutaisho said looking to the sky. "Rin, how did you manage to travel with my son?" He asked picking the young girl up.

"Inuyasha and Lord Sesshoumaru were fighting and Inuyasha hurt Lord Sesshoumaru. I found him by a tree hurt. I started bringing him food and he'd always be mean to me and tell me to leave. But I knew he just needed a friend. He's a big softy under his cold exterier. So on day Prince Kouga of the Demon Wolf Tribe's wolves came after me. I ran and ran but they got me. I was killed and Lord Sesshoumaru revived me with Tensagia. I've traveled with him ever since. Lord Sesshoumaru never really fights Inuyasha but Inuyasha doesn't know that and always gives it his all.

"Toga, do you fell alright?" Kagome asked him.

"I was dead for over a century. For being brought back to life, yes, I feel wonderful." Inutaisho said smiling.

"LECHEROUS MONK." Kagura screamed and slapped Miroku.

"My dear Kagura. It was just so tempting." Miroku said as a female inu youkai came running by the group.

"Help, please help." She yelled. The group stopped and Kagome could sense two jewel shards coming there way. Two tainted ones.

"My dear beauty. I will-"

"Monk, shut it." Kagome said taking her bow and notching an arrow. Everyone got into battle stance. The female youkai watched with interest. It was the weirdest group she'd ever seen. Youkai's, a miko, a monk, and a human.

"Shippo, Rin hide." Kagome demanded. A few moments later a dragon youkai came into the clearing.

"The shards are in his forehead." Kagome said shooting the arrow. Sesshoumaru and Inutaisho attacked at the same time. Their movements were so strong and graceful. Their fighting looked more like a dance than anything. The youkai was killed quickly. Kagome ran up to the remains and purified the tainted shards.

"Are you okay? Do you need healed?" Kagome asked. The female youkai didn't answer she was to caught up looking at Toga.

"Are you not Lord Inutaisho?" She asked.

"Yes."

"But, you're dead."

"Kagome, the miko, brought me back." Toga said smiling.

"Lord Inutaisho has returned." The female youkai said smiling.

"May we ask you your name?" Kagome asked.

"Yes, I am Sarura."

"Do you need to be healed at all?" Kagome asked. The woman had a light blue colored hair and she was 5'3. She had no marking because she was not royalty.

"No, I am fine. I just couldn't kill it." She said smiling. Kagome grabbed Sesshoumaru's arm and pulled him away.

"She'd be great for your dad."

"So."

"She's traveling with us." Kagome said walking back over to the group. "Sarura, would you like to travel with our group?" Kagome asked. Sarura smiled and nodded.

"There's a jewel shard to the west." Kagome said. There were three left. Everyone nodded and the two children came out. Rin, Jaken, and Shippo jumped onto Ah-Un. Kagome, Kagura, and Miroku jumped onto Kagura's feather, and Sesshoumaru, Inutaisho, and Sarura were running. They traveled as fast as they could and made it to the jewel shard quickly. Kagome did a flip off of Kagura's feather and ran to the single pure jewel shard laying on the ground. Kagome picked it up and put it with the other pieces.

Kagome spread out her senses and tried to find the last two shards. One was tainted and the other was still pure. She could feel neither of them.