InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winds of Destiny. ❯ Mates. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter three- Mates,

Kagome ran and threw up in the bush. She would never eat Sarura's cooking again. It had been a week since they had met Sarura and they had gathered the rest of the jewel shards. They just had to find Naraku.

"Kagome, are you okay?" Sarura asked as she turned her back everyone spit the food out.

"Your food tastes horrible. Do you wish to kill us?" Sesshoumaru said grabbing Kagome's bag and pulling out some ramen. Sarura had cooked some horrible steak.

"Sesshoumaru. Be nice. It wasn't that bad." Inutaisho scolded. He had really taken a liking to Sarura. He could also see a growing conection between Kagome and Sesshoumaru. He soon realized that the monk groped women as a way of telling them he liked them. Their little group was more like a little family even though they had been together for such a short time.

Kagome sighed as she realized she hadn't been home since she and Sesshoumaru first started traveling together.

"Miroku, may I talk to you alone?" Kagome asked standing. Miroku nodded.

"About what?" Miroku asked as they were out of hearing rage of all the youkai's.

"I'll need to go home. I haven't been home for a month. But we'd have to tell them about me being from the future." Kagome was worried. She wasn't sure what they'd do.

"It'll be alright Kagome. They're trustworthy. More so than Inuyasha and Sango." Kagome nodded. She was no longer having the dreams with Sesshomaru. They walked back to the group who eyed them when they arrived.

"I will be needing to go home tomorrow." Kagome said smiling.

"Where do you live?" Sesshoumaru asked. It would take a days travel to get Kagome to the well if they all went.

"Near Edo."

"Kagome, is it safe?" Shippo asked. Kagome bit her lip and nodded.

"Is what safe?" Toga asked.

"To tell you guys where it is I live." Kagome said smiling. "I live on the other side of the bone eaters well. 500 years into the future. Edo will be destroyed and the whole village and well will be turned into one big home."

"May we come?" Toga and Sesshoumaru asked in unison. Kagome bit her bottom lip.

"We can try. But only if you all swear not to kill anything." Kagome said looking at the night sky. They all agreed and Kagome went to sleep waiting for the moring when they'd travel to her time.

Sesshoumaru and Inutaisho stayed up and watched over the camp. Kagura sat there looking longingly at Kagome's back pack.

"Just get something." Kagome said waking up. Kagura smiled and looked for some jerkey. Kagome soon fell asleep again.

"Dad, may I speak with you." Toga looked over at his son and smiled. They walked a little while till they came to a hill. Toga sat down cross legged and looked up at the moonless night. Sesshoumaru mimicked his movements. "What do you think about Kagome?"

"She's dying, is she not?" Toga was never told that Kagome but he could feel her aura weakening.

"Yes, that is why we need the jewel." Sesshoumaru then proceeded to tell Toga of what Kagome had told him.

"Yes, I thought so. I could also feel her youkai. She hides it well. She is powerful. Very powerful. She would be a good choice for a mate son." Toga said already knowing why he was brought out to the hill.

"I fear I will not be able to stop what is happening though. I have fallen in love with her. Even though I know she is full youkai I still think of her as the human in your tomb that needed Inuyasha to protect her but was able to help Inuyasha hit where it hurt the most. My pride." Toga laughed at his son.

"She is something else. I've never met someone with more spit fire."

"Yes, I think I will take her as my mate. What about you? I see the looks you throw at Sarura. When will you ask her?"

"Tomorrow in this new world we heard about. I wonder how much longer it will take for the houshi to ask Kagura for marriage as human's call it." Toga said thoughtfully. When a youkai bit a human marking them as theirs they gained the life span. Though youkai also bit youkai as way of warning other youkai that they were taken.

"I'm not sure. Though I had to knock him out every night for the first week we traveled together. He would always try to go and peak on Kagura and Kagome when they went to the hot springs."

"Well, I'd rather deal with you then Kagome." Toga admitted. Sesshoumaru paled a little at the thought of Kagome and how scary she was.

"Yes, she is quite scary." The two talked till the sun came up and then headed back to camp where everyone was awake. Jaken and Ah-Un had been sent back to the castle a few days before so there group consisted of Kagome, Kagura, Sarura, Rin, Shippo, Miroku, Inutaisho, and Sesshoumaru.

"Ready?" Kagome asked. Everyone nodded and they headed off. Kagome had suprisingly graduated and just like wearing her school uniform. It was easier for her to get around in. Kagome sighed as she twirled around in a circle.

"I'm bored out of my mind." Kagome mumbled opening her eyes. Kagome screeched as she knocked into something. She opened her eyes and blue met blue. "Sorry." Kagome said backing away towards Sesshoumaru.

"It's fine my lady." The man said smiling. To Kagome he looked a bit like Hojo. Though Hojo was a wolf youkai and this man was a human. Kagome was pretty sure Hojo was a decendant of Kouga if not his son or grandson.

"Well, it was nice meeting you. We must be on our way." Kagome said looking warily at Inutaisho and Sesshoumaru.

"It is true then. Lord Inutaisho of the Western Lands had risen again." The man said bowing. Inutaisho frowned.

"Yes, do This Inutaisho a favor. Go and spread word. Spread word to everyone that This Inutaisho is back." The man bowed and quickly ran off. Kagome giggled and Sesshoumaru smiled. He had been doing it a lot lately.

"Kagome, may we speak?" Sesshoumaru asked. Kagome smiled and nodded. The two walked a little while before they were far enough away. "This Sesshoumaru wants you as a mate. Will you be my mate?" Sesshoumaru asked. Kagome looked thoughtful for a moment before jumping up and down then hugging Sesshoumaru.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes." Kagome said smiling. She jumped down from her hug and pulled him into a kiss. Kagome ran with Sesshoumaru following back to the group smiling. Inutaisho smiled already knowing.

"He asked me to be his mate." Kagome said smiling.

"And?" Everyone asked in unison.

"I said yes." Kagome smiled. The rest of their walk to the bone eaters well was slow, that is till they made it to Edo. Kagome looked around at the destroyed village. People were dead all around and Keade was limping over to them.

"Kagome. It's Inuyasha. His demon side had taken over and nothing is working. You must help him. He said that you were his and he is after you." Keade told her. Kagome ran up to the old lady and healed her. Kagome then changed into her youkai humanoid form. Miroku, Sarura, Shippo, and Rin gasped. Kagome sped off in search of Inuyasha. She found him in a hut. Sango's cloths were ripped off and she was backed into a corner with a naked Inuyasha laughing and walking inch by inch towards her.

"Inuyasha, stop this." Kagome's voice came out not as her own. A crystal inu youkai was able to not only shape shift into another person and control water, wind, fire, earth, light, and darkness. She also had all the powers Sesshoumaru, Inutaisho, and Sarura did. Sarura's youkai abillities where strong but no where near the three of theirs. Inutaisho was stronger than the two of them though.

"Mom?" Inuyasha asked looking at her. His eyes tinted from red to a pink color.

"Son, please. Don't do this. Kagome belongs to another and Sango is scared. Come here child." Sango shook her head and cried some more. Kagome walked over to Sango and helped the older woman up. "Child it is fine now." Sango nodded and cried out even more.

"Your not my mother. My mother is dead." Inuyasha yelled as his eyes turned red again. Kagome changed to looking like herself and Sango cried even more.

"I'm so sorry." Kagome nodded to Sango and moved away from her.

"Inuyasha, do yo believe that this is me?" Kagome asked.

"Yes, I know my woman." Kagome sighed and put a hand on his cheek. He nuzzled into her hand and his eyes started to turn gold again. Kagome pulled him into a hug and gave him some of her remaining strength. She hadn't told anybody but she knew it wouldn't be long till she died. She smiled as she felt it work. Kagome smiled again at the darkness that over took her.

"Kagome, Kagome." Kagome heard her name as everything faded. She knew she wasn't dead yet, she knew she still had about two weeks.

Kagome groaned as she awoke. She was still in her youkai form. Kagome sniffed and smiled. She was in her room. Someone had taken her home. Kagome got up, showered, put red lace bra and thong, and pulled on a pair of hip hugging blue jeans and a plain white tank top. Kagome giggled as she looked at how high they came in her humanoid youkai form and changed to looking like a human again. Everything fit perfectly. Kagome slipped her feet into some white old navy sandels and forced warm air out of her hands and blow dried her hair.

When Kagome was in her humanoid youkai form she didn't and wouldn't ever look a day over 20. When in her human form she didn't and also wouldn't ever look a day over 16. She could make herself look older and younger though.

Kagome started walking down the stairs. She stopped at the entrance to the kitchen and found the funniest site she had ever laid eyes on. Sesshoumaru, Sarura, Shippo, Kagura, and Inutaisho were covered in satura's and her grandpa kept them coming. They were sitting at the kitchen table. Miroku was on the floor in the corner medatating and Rin was eating. Her grandpa was going wide eyed everytime a satura didn't work and threw another one. Her mom was cooking and humming while Souta was looking at all the youaki and poking and proding them.

"Have you ever killed a human?" Souta asked Sesshoumaru.

"Yes. Many." Sesshoumaru said looking at the boy expecting him to be scared only to see his eyes widen with excitment.

"Really? How cool. Kagome had killed youkai but never humans. She did almost kill our dad once though. He was being annoying and yelling at her and Kagome went into youkai rage. Grandpa tried to subdue her and Kagome sealed his spiritual power. She calmed down after her miko blood over powered her youkai blood though." Souta said thoughtfully.

"Yes, Lucius is quite the bother. I wished I would have killed the cheating bastard." Kagome said walking over to the youkai's and pulling off the sticky saturas.

"I thought he had some spiritual power. I could feel it try and brake out everytime he threw a satura. Though they wouldn't have worked on us. We are strong youkai. Now, please sit. We have much to see of this new world."

"Yes, like the tv." Souta said laughing and Inutaisho and Sesshoumaru both blushed a little. Kagura giggled as did everyone else.

"What about the television?" Kagome asked.

"This Sessoumaru thought that there was a youkai destroying villages. The tv was on and a huge youkai was inside destroying the village so This Sesshoumaru destroyed the tv alond with my father. We attacked at the same time." Kagome raised an eyebrow then busted out laughing.

"Oh, why do you speak in a third person?" Souta asked.

"He's a Lord in the fuedal era. Lord Sesshoumaru and Lord Inutaisho are both Lords. Inutaisho is Sesshoumaru's father so when Inutaisho died Sesshoumaru took over. I brought Inutaisho back to life though." Kagome told them.

"Whoa, you lords? How cool." Souta said smiling. "Your my new hero. Forget Inuyasha. I want to be just like you Sesshoumaru."

"Kagome, are there youkai in this world? I feel none." Miroku asked. Kagome smiled and broke the barrier around her house.

"Try now." Miroku started medatating again. A few moments later her opened his eyes and smiled. "Youkai do no exsist in this world. They are myths and legends. I had put up a barrier around my house to keep out the smell of the world and to block out other youkai from sensing us and from me sensing them. Youkai are harmless here."

"I see." Miroku said standing. "Can we explore this new world?"

"Yes-" Kagome was cut off as her door bell rang. Kagome put the barrier back up around her home and walked to the door. "Oh, hello Hojo." Kagome said smiling. Hojo frowned as he felt dangerous youkai in Kagome's house.

"Kagome, stay here. I don't want you to see this." Hojo started walking to her kitchen with her following. "You dare come into my Kagome's house?" Hojo demanded then cowered. The youkai were all more powerful than him.

"Hojo, I'd like you to meet, Lord Sesshoumaru of the Western Lands, my future mate, Lord Inutaisho the previous Lord of the Western Lands and Sesshoumaru's father, Sarura, Kagura, Shippo, Miroku, and Rin." Kagome said smiling. She then let her aura flare showing she was a youkai and miko.

"So you knew that I'm a wolf youkai?" He asked frowing.

"Yes. I was also wondering. Do you belong to Prince Kouga's tribe of Demon Wolves?" Kagome asked.

"Lord Kouga is my father and Sango is my mother." Kagome smiled at this.

"Ah, he became Lord." Kagome said smiling.

"What ever happened to Inuyasha?" Inutaisho asked.

"He was killed by mother. Inuyasha tries to come after her and she kills him because his demon half took over. He couldn't be saved." Hojo said frowning again. "I must be going. I will speak with my mother."

Kagome sighed and sat down.

'So Inuyasha will die.' Kagome thought sadly as she felt her youkai blood being purified. She was purifing herself from the inside out.