InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winds of Destiny. ❯ Problem Adter Problem ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter five- Problem After Problem,

(Sorry, I forgot about the disclaimer for the beigining. I own nothing in my story, just the few idea's I have come up with.)

Sesshoumaru stopped at a youkai village in his lands that was completly destroyed.

"The scent is still fresh. If we follow it we should be able to find Naraku." Inutaisho said sniffing again. He only knew what Naraku smelled like because he was told Naraku smelled like Kagura but instead of a flowery scent it was a musty one and this was was a musty one but it was a bit different, meaning it was a incarnation of him.

"Yes, that'll work. We must go, now." Sesshoumaru ordered. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. Though they had to walk to keep a good enough distance away from Hakudoshi and Kanna to not be caught. Sesshoumaru wanted to sigh, though didn't. He would not sigh infront of them.

'I told you she'd be our mate. She is stronger and more powerful than we ever expected.'

'Yes beast. She is something else. I just hope she lives.'

'Naraku will be ripped to shreds for this is his fault.'
Sesshoumaru agreed with his beast.

Inutaisho sighed. He had really wanted Kagome for a daughter but wasn't sure if they could make it in time.

--Back in the Future--
Kagome had broken out into a cold sweat. She was trying to purify herself.

"Is she okay?" Rin asked as Souta knocked on the door. They were gone when Kagome was brought home. "Come in."

"Hey-" Souta dropped the tray of food he was carrying as he saw his siter. She was pale and shaking a little. "What happened?"

"Naraku." Rin pouted and told Souta everything.

"I thought that maybe she'd be able to find them already. We already knew all about this. That's why my mom kept letting her go back. Because her life depended on it." Souta said running down stairs and coming back to his sister's room a few moments later. He put the cold rag on his sister's forehead. "Mom."

"Coming dear." Mrs. Higurashi said coming up the stairs. She walked to her daughter's room and her eyes widened. "Is she going to be okay?"

"We're not sure. Lord Sesshouaru went to kill Naraku and bring back to what Naraku has of the Shikon No Tama." Rin informed the pale lady. "Lord Sesshoumaru never fails. She'll be okay. He wouldn't let a nasty hanyou like Naraku be the reason for Kagome's death." Rin was sure of this.

"I hope you're right dear." Mrs. Higurashi said sitting down. A few moments later the door bell rang. "I have to get that." She said frowing and running down stairs to the door. She opened the door and in the doorway stood a man with long blonde hair and exspensive clothing.

"Lady Abby." Rin said running down stairs followed by Souta whose eyes brightened at the sight of the man. "She's gotten worse. Everything is flying around the room. I don't know how much longer she has. Lord Sesshoumaru will save her though." Rin said eyeing the man at the door. "Lady Abby, who is this?"

"This is Lucius. Kagome and Souta's father." Mrs. Higurashi said with disgust

"It is nice to meet you Lord Lucius." Rin said bowing.

"Rin dear, he's not a Lord. He just comes around when he wants something. He doesn't think that Kagome and Souta are good enough for his blood line because they are squibs." Mrs. Higurashi said it so coldly is made Rin smile.

"You remind me of Lord Sesshoumaru. But what is a squib?"

"A squib is a non-magical child born from a magical family-"

"My father is a wizard and my mother is a muggle, Souta and I should have had magic though. We both turned out to be squibs. A muggle is a person without magic. What are you doing here father?" Kagome asked leaning on the wall. She was as white as snow, sweating, and shaking badly. Kagome put another foot on the stairs and slowly started down them.

"Kagome, please go up to your room and rest." Mrs. Higurashi started to run to her.

"Mom, I just want to wait for Sess." Kagome said tripping and falling all the way down the stairs.

"Kagome." Mrs. Higurashi screamed. She and her ex-husband were at their daughters side in seconds.

"I'm fine." Kagome grunted and tried to stand. She could feel that her leg had been broken. "Help me to the couch mom." A few seconds later Shippo came running down the stairs.

"Kagome, you should be more careful." Kagome laid on the couch and everyone occupied chairs around her. Kagome sighed.

"What am I? An animal in a cage at the zoo?" Kagome asked.

"Zoo?" Rin was confused.

"My mom will take you tomorrow." Kagome said not wanting explain it.

"Kagome, what's wrong with you?" Lucius asked.

"Nothing." Kagome lied.

--Back in the Fuedal Era--

Sesshoumaru growled in frustration as they lost Hakudoshi's scent.

"It must be a barrier." Sesshoumaru started to walk past the barrier only to be thrown back. "Naraku is using Kagome's powers as well as that of the Shikon. Her miko barrier and youkai barrier are up as well as the one of the Shikon." Sesshoumaru stood and ran at the barrier's again. He'd get through.

"Sesshoumaru. You'll kill youself. We must find Inuyasha. His Tetsagia will break the barrier." Miroku said. He always was the reason of the group.

"Houshi, quiet your tongue. We do not need the half breed or his sword. For it will not transform." Sesshoumuaru said shutting Miroku up. "We must get the only one that can bring down the barrier. Kagome."

"It's already dark. She has a little over three days. We'll have to travel all night." Inutaisho said and everyone groaned.

"Only because it is for Kagome." Miroku said as they started towards Edo again.

"Do you think we'll make it in time?" Sarura whispered to Inutaisho. Kagome had a little over three days left and it took them a day to get to where Naraku's barrier was. So they were going back to Edo and then coming back to the barrier.

"We'll be able to travel faster this time. We don't have to worry about Naraku moving. What worries me is that she will be to weak to break the barrier's even though they are hers." Inutaisho whispered also unaware that Sesshoumaru was hearing all of this.

"I hope she'll be okay. We-"

"We need to travel faster. Kagura, you travel with the wind, go as fast as you can. Everyone, go as fast as you can. To the bone eaters well." Sesshoumaru said running faster than he ever had in his life. Inutaisho and Sarura sighed and started running. Kagura and Miroku jumped onto her feather and traveled faster than anyone while Sango rode Kirara.

"Kagome is strong, but ever she cant fight herself. Her youkai blood is strong but her miko blood is just as strong. I suppose this is why miko's and youkai's are not supposed to have children. For I am a monk. I hope that we never have problems like this." Miroku told Kagura looking up at the night sky. Kagura kissed him on the lips and smiled.

"Kagome said that her youkai blood and miko blood balanced out." Kagura leaned back into her new mate.

"Babe, I was wanting a wedding to. Like the ones from Kagome's time. They are big and nice. Money from our time is worth more in the future, so we can do it there." Miroku told her wrapping his arms around her.

They made it back to the well by late morning and everyone was exhasted. Sesshoumaru jumped into the well but it did nothing. He landed on the bottom and there was no warm blue light.

"What the hell?" Sesshoumaru said jumping back out of the well.

"We were never able to go through either. Inuyasha used to be the only one." Sango told the stotic lord. Sesshoumaru nodded.

"Stay here. This Sesshoumaru will be back." Sesshoumaru said running off.

"Where do you think he's going?" Sarura asked as they all sat by the well.

"To find Inuyasha I would guess. But who knows where Inuyasha is. He could be anywhere. He just ran off like a mad man yesterday." Sango said looking around the clearing. She had always wanted to go to Kagome's time, but she had ruined that when she was an idiot and tried to get with her best friends crush.

"So, who's hungry? I'll cook." Sarura asked.

"I am." Sango said smiling.

"Oh, we're fine." Kagura said speaking for her and her whistling mate.

"I do not need food." Inutaisho lied.

"Alright. How about I try and make some of that stew Kagome makes. It was so good." Sarura said standing.

--Modern Era--

"Kagome, are you thirsty?" Lucius asked.

"I can get my own water." Kagome said picking up an empty cup and filling it with water.

"I see." Lucius said just noticing his daughter's swollen leg. "Your leg is broken." He pulled out his wand from his walking stick.

"I am not a feble human. It'll be healed in an hour." Kagome said eyeing her fathers wand that was close to her face. "Get that stick out of my face damn it." Kagome said. It wasn't like his magic worked on her, but she didn't want the damned thing in her face.

"Kagome, let me heal it."

"Your magic won't work on me." Kagome argued.

"Yes it will."

"No it wont."

"Yes it will."

"Im telling you it isn't going to work."

"I'm tellin-"

"Shut up. Lady Kagome said it won't work. Wizards magic won't work on youkai's or miko's. Lord Sesshoumaru came across a wizard and the wizards used some magic on him. Green light shot out of his wand. Though it didn't work." Rin said and both shut up. Kagome sighed. It was morning and her father still hadn't left or even slept.

'My leg should have been healed since before now. I'm dying alot quicker than I thought. I'm sorry, everyone.' Kagome thought as she started shaking again. Kagome looked down at her toes and tried to wiggled them. It didn't work. Kagome sighed and laid her head back.

"Lady Kagome, what's wrong?" Rin asked. She also hadn't gotten any sleep.

"Rin, I want you to do me a favor." Kagome told the little girl who nodded.

"Okay."

"There's a huge flower bed in the back yard. Will you go and make me a flower necklace?" Kagome asked.

"Okay." Rin said happily jumping up and running out. Kagome sighed again and looked away.

"Will you please do something for me. Please." Kagome asked looking at her father with tears in her eyes.

"Anything." Lucius said sitting up straight.

"I want you to take them out to the zoo. Shippo, Souta, and Rin. Take them to the zoo, take them to the park, then someplace with lots and lots of flowers. Take them out for the whole day. Then tomorrow. Take them out again. I don't want them here. I don't need them seeing me like this. They don't need to see me die. Rin saw her parents killed and Shippo saw his dad killed. Souta doesn't need to see me die either. I don't want him to see death. Please, take them away, let them have fun." Kagome said not knowing Shippo, Rin, and Souta heard every word of what she had said.

"Kagome, I'm not leaving your side." Lucius said firmly.

"Please, I've never asked you for anything. I don't need you here. I need you with them. Away from here. My time has run out. I have a day or two at the most. They don't need to see me like this. Please, take them away from here." Lucius nodded and walked into the other room where he found the three children with tears in their eyes.

"Shh, come on." He whispered in their ears. They nodded and followed him out of the door. Kagome sighed as she felt someone try and come through the well. She looked down at the jewel shards she had around her neck and cluctched them. Kagome sighed again as she looked at her cloths. Her white tank top was see through from sweat and her leather pants stuck to her like a second skin. She was as pale as snow. Kagome leaned over and threw up in the bucket by the couch that her mom had gotten her the night before. She threw up again a few moments later.

"Kagome, are you okay?" Kagome's mom asked worriedly and putting her hand on her daughter's forehead only to retract it quickly.

"You forehead feels like fire." She told her daughter.

"It's my youkai trying to fight back. I must go mom." Kagome said standing and limping into the kitchen. She grabbed a potion vile that was full of a pink glowing liquid and drank it. It tasted of cotton candy. Kagome smiled as she felt her leg heal. "I'm going to the fuedal era. I'll be back."

"Dead or alive?" Kagome's mom demanded.

"I'm not sure. Probably dead." Kagome said shouldering her bow and arrows that were by the door and running to the well house before jumping in.

"Whatever happens to her, it's Naraku's fault she's in this mess." Kagome heard Sango cry out.

"Well then, let's go get some revenge on the bastard." Kagome yelled up.

She was pulled out of the well and everyone hugged her.

What are you doing here?" They all asked in unison.

"I'm here to get revenge. Let's go before Sesshoumaru gets here with Inuyasha. I want neither of them seeing me like this." Kagome said smiling.

"How'd you know that's what Sesshoumaru was doing?" Sarura asked.

"Where else would he be with you guys waiting here?" Kagome asked turning into an energy ball and pushing towards Sango making her come into the ball, she then did the same to Kirara. "Miroku and Kagura are faster than us on the feather. Inutaisho, Sarura, time for the ball of energy. Lets go."

-

Sesshoumaru sighed as he, Inuyasha, and his new girlfriend Sakura made it to the well.

"She's been through. I told you, even if Kagome accepts her death, she refuses to wait for it to come after her. She'll kill Naraku if it kills her." Inuyasha said proudly.

"Shut it half breed." Sesshoumaru's face was no longer cold but defeated.

"Why are you so mean? He's your brother and here to help you." Sakura, a sakura youkai, demanded.

"Watche you mouth, for I will kill you if you test me." Sesshoumaru had Sakura by the throat and was squeezing.

"I-I'm sor-ry." Sakura stuttered out and Sesshoumaru dropped her before turning into a ball of energy leaving behind his brother and his wench. He knew that they would follow though.

"Why's he so mean?" Sakura asked running along side Inuyasha.

"His mate-to-be is near death and going to kill the hanyou Naraku. Though he's usually worse. I like this him better, he has feelings." Inuyasha explained.