InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wings of a Tenshi ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

OMG!!!!!!! I am soooooooo sry that I haven't updated in like…. Who knows how long? OMG, you guys probably want to kill me now don't you!! I deserve it after leaving you guys stranded for quite a few months, messed up on my part!! I could tell you guys my excuses, but to tell you the truth, most of my readers don't even read this, so whatever.
 
Important A/U: The Band of Seven hasn't been created yet!!!
 
Disclaimer: don't own don't sue, and I'll keep writing!
 
Last Chapter Review:
As they sat around and made camp, Inuyasha showed Sango, Kagura, and Kanna were a near by hot spring was. “I can't believe he thinks he can do such a thing to Kagome.” Inuyasha muttered as he played with the fire. Miroku nodded, “I wonder what he wants though.” Inuyasha shrugged, “Kikyo told me a while back that I couldn't comprehend it at the time. I had no clue except maybe… No. That surly couldn't be it.”
 
Miroku looked his friend up and down, “What, what is it?” he asked. Inuyasha blanched slightly, “He needs power, he'll do anything for power. When a miko is in love they usually start to loose concentration on other things in life. Their powers weaken and they don't notice it.”
 
Miroku as well paled, “You don't mean…” Inuyasha nodded, “I think so.” Kagura said as she came back from the springs with Sango and Kanna.
 
Chapter 16:
 
~x~x~
 
“Where the fuck have you been, bitch?!” Kane snarled his electric blue eyes flashing in anger. Kemurai flipped her hair with her carefully manicured hand, “What's it matter to you? I'm here am I not?” she said uncaringly. Kane opened his mouth, his sharp canine's gleaming in the moon light, but before he could snap his hated response the puppet of Naraku's cut in. “Do not fight over something pathetic. We have other things to discuss besides the Tenshi's sexual issues.”
 
Kemurai's brown eyes sparked, she as well opened her mouth, but noticed the annoyed look in Tokei's pale green eyes. Hisui's shrill voice spoke now, “Can we get this over with already? I want to go see Maru-maru-chan!” Kane's eyes darkened, almost to a dark black, “The bastard Maru-kuso is fucking flirting with Kagome!” He snapped at his sister.
 
“Enough!” Tokei snapped than regained a cooler composure. Than the eldest incarnation of Naraku waved his hand towards the puppet once again, allowing the puppet to speak and state the plan the Kumo Youkai had in mind. The puppet, cloaked with a white baboon pelt stealthily moved to the center of the circle of youkai and Tenshi alike.
 
“Master Naraku has decided to go along with your… ideas concerning Lord Sesshomaru, The Wolf, and the Miko.” Kemurai nodded, “But what if Hisui isn't strong enough to break through Sesshomaru's mental barriers?” Tokei smirked, “Well, Naraku wouldn't have given me three Jewel Shards for nothing, now would he?”
 
Kane's blue-almost-black eyes turned more to a lighter shade, “Oh really now?” he asked in with held delight. Tokei smirk widened as he opened his palm to show them the three Jewel Fragments. He tossed one carelessly to the Neeko's and the white winged Tenshi.
 
Kane's own smirk gleamed, his canine's once again flashing with the moon, as he placed the Jewel Shard into his right wrist. Hisui slipped her own into her forehead were it would be most powerful considering she was psychic. But Kemurai was a bit more skeptical than the other two, “What of Kagome?”
 
Tokei stared at her, “What of her?” Kemurai rolled her eyes, “She can sense Jewel Shards you know.” The puppet chuckled, “That is why Master Naraku placed a new… potion within these Jewel Shards.” Kane regarded the puppet, “What kind of potion?” The puppet grinned, “A formula Naraku has been working on for the past 50 years and is now complete. Do not question him.” Hisui glanced at her brother from the corner of her eye, her concern apparent in her eyes she didn't trust this Naraku person too well, either.
 
Kane hissed, his fangs bearing once again, “This potion of yours better not be any foolish attempt to kill me!” Kane threatened the puppet and Tokei. Tokei shrugged, “I know nothing of his potions.” The puppet's smirk grew but he said nothing.
 
Kane's inner youkai settled down, it couldn't sense any danger within this Fragment, or the liquid within. He calmed himself but didn't allow his guard down; he would not be killed in a petty mistake. “If we are done here, I have a woman to enchant.”
 
“About that….” Tokei started, “Kagome is off limits, Neeko.” Kane turned around sharply and snarled, “Off limits? Who the fuck do you think you are?” Tokei chuckled, “Again, Naraku's orders.” Kane's blue eyes again turned to a dark black, “No.” he said sternly, “I will not give her up.”
 
Tokei chuckled yet again, “Fine, we'll both go after her, but the original plan was just me, we hadn't expected a neeko to fall in love with her as well!” Kane glowered at the young Tenshi. “Damare!!” Tokei couldn't help himself the neeko was one of the most entertaining things he had ever seen. “That is enough.” The puppet demanded.
 
Tokei stopped his taunting instantly but the golden haired neeko still had his fangs bared. “We have other things to accomplish.” The puppet started, “There are going to be others as well.” The puppet stated slowly. Hisui piped up; “Who?” the puppet was silent for a moment, “Three mortals and a thunder youkai.” Tokei turned at this, “I knew of the three humans, but Naraku never mentioned another youkai.”
 
The puppet merely chuckled, “It is nothing to be concerned about.” Tokei narrowed his pale green eyes, `Damn it all….' He thought. “You are dismissed.” The puppet suddenly disappeared from site, though Tokei knew where he was going. Kane looked Tokei up and down, “So not even you know the whole entire plan of this Naraku person.” Tokei's eyes narrowed, “You silence yourself.” Kane chuckled, “Kagome's mine.” He taunted as he turned and disappeared through the lush vegetation and towards the Castle once more.
 
~x~x~
 
There was a knock at the door and Kagome instantly woke up, her miko powers telling her it was her favorite full fledged youkai and little sweet human girl. Kagome sat up and opened the door for them and Sesshomaru raised a slight eyebrow at her state of half asleep and half not.
 
Rin giggled, “Did you just wake up Kagome-chan?” Kagome smiled gently and gave the little girl a morning hug, “Guilty as charged.” Rin ran over to the bed and tackled Shippo, “Shippo-kun!! Wake up!!” she said in her adorable sing-song voice.
 
Sesshomaru took the site of his mate-to-be's state of awakening, her light turquoise blue hair was mussed, her azure eyes still a bit dazed, and her strange yet somewhat comfy looking outfit. Kagome blushed at his almost seemed passionate gaze. “You woke me up… what time is it anyways?”
 
Sesshomaru stopped staring so intensely at Kagome, “According to your time, 9:00.” Kagome stared at him a moment, “Is that late?” Sesshomaru allowed a small smirk to grace his features, “Yes.” Kagome's blush intensified, “And I was planning on bathing this morning…. Darn.”
 
Sesshomaru smirk intensified slightly, “I suppose you may still go, but you will be late for breakfast.” Kagome smiled, “Oh well! Does Rin need a bath?” Sesshomaru's amber eyes stared at her for a long moment, “I suppose.”
 
Kagome smiled again, “Okay, well let's go kiddos.” Rin grinned, “Kagome-chan don't forget to grab some clothes!” Kagome giggled, “Oops. Thank you Rin.” Rin just smiled brightly at her. “How do you think the weather will be like today Sesshomaru?”
 
“There will be a light drizzle today but still warm.” He stated. Kagome grinned, “Wish Tenshi's could do that.” Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow and Rin and Shippo giggled. Kagome walked over to the closet and pulled out a light weight dark blue kimono with light grayish/black sego lilies placed on the ends of the sleeves and at the bottom of her kimono. She as well grabbed a grayish/black obi. Than grabbed Shippo a little outfit and shoes of course.
 
Kagome walked back out of the closet and smiled, “Mind taking us there Sesshomaru?” Kagome asked. Sesshomaru started for the door and the children followed after the both of them.
 
After Kagome and the children bathed Sesshomaru led them to the dining room. As soon as Sesshomaru sat down, after pulling at a chair for Kagome and Rin (Shippo's in Kagome's lap.) Hisui almost instantly sat down next to Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed at this, though he was by Kagome, he was still by the neeko wench.
 
“Ohayou Maru-maru-chan!!” Hisui's high voice wanted to make Sesshomaru wince in pain, but of course the TaiYoukai resisted the urge to do so. Sesshomaru made no reply what-so-ever. Hisui pouted, “Don't be so rude, Maru-maru-chan! You could at least speak to your Mate-to-be!”
 
Sesshomaru scoffed, “This Sesshomaru has no desire to make you his mate.” Hisui giggled inanely, “Oh don't be so coy! We both know you love me and know that we were meant to be together!! So why don't you just give me the necklace and get it over with?”
 
Sesshomaru growled demanding her silence the neeko didn't seem to get the hint. Just as Hisui again began talking Kane showed up and kissed Kagome's hand while she turned cherry red. “Good morning Kagome.” Kagome pulled her hand away, “G-good morning.”
 
Kane frowned, “Aww, you didn't save me a seat.” Kagome looked down from his intense stare, “I didn't know you were going to come…. I actually didn't expect you to.” Kane smirked, “No problem, just save me a seat tomorrow, and we'll call it even.” Kagome just nodded and handed Shippo his glass of milk he was trying to reach for.
 
Sesshomaru growled at Kane's advances on Kagome. In response, Kane gave Sesshomaru a large smirk knowing he was getting on the Lord's nerves. Sesshomaru's amber eyes narrowed some more. Hisui again began to babble about anything under the sun about her.
 
“Do you like my hair like this Maru-maru-chan, or down like yesterday? I can also do an interesting twist and pull it up really neatly! So what do you think? Up, down, or like I suggested. I have a really gorgeous kimono that will show my neck easier than the others and it will show your mark a lot better after we mate! Oh I think you'll absolutely love it Maru-maru-chan, because I love it so much you have to love it!!” Hisui kept going on and on and on. Her high squeaky voice was starting to give Sesshomaru a large headache.
 
“I was thinking Kagome, after breakfast, we can drop off your kitsune and than we can go to the arena. And maybe later you'll give me the honor to escort you around the castle. Somebody had mentioned you had become lost last night.” Kane as well was speaking a lot keeping the young girl very occupied. “Umm… I suppose so, but who told you? I think only Tokei knew that I was lost, because he was the only person who had found me.” Kagome commented.
 
Kane smirked his beautiful sharp canines gleamed, “Rumor gets around quickly here. In fact, youkai love to gossip, they will twist and destroy the truth of what really happened.” Kagome gave a small smile to that, `Sounds like High School.' She thought remembering her old life back home. “Oh I see.” Was Kagome's small reply.
 
`She's going with that damned neeko to the arena?' Sesshomaru thought fuming, though of course his aura nor did his facial features show what-so-ever. After Kagome, Shippo, and Rin finished eating Kane asked Kagome if she were ready to go.
 
“Umm, actually, I think I need to go brush my teeth.” Kagome commented. Kane gave her a very confused look. “Uh, it's like cleaning them, making your breath not smell and your teeth not yellow.” Kagome informed him. Kane seemed surprised, “Oh… okay.” He smirked once more, “Than will you allow me to accompany you my dear lady?” Kagome blushed and shot Sesshomaru a look, but unfortunately for her Sesshomaru didn't even look as if he cared, at all.
 
Kagome looked back down to Shippo and he gave her a soft smile, “Alright. Sesshomaru is it okay if I take Rin with me?” Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow in response. “I heard Rin mention something about wanting to go see Kaminari when I was in the closet.” Sesshomaru gave her a curt nod.
 
“Ready kids?” both kids grabbed Kagome's opposite hands and walked with her after Rin said her goodbye's and hugs to Sesshomaru. Kagome smiled sweetly to Sesshomaru and walked with the handsome blonde haired neeko youkai.
 
As soon as Kagome, the children, and Kane left Sesshomaru stood to leave through the opposite doors. Hisui instantly stood up and clung to his only arm; Sesshomaru growled. “Wench let go of this Sesshomaru.” His voice was a thick blanket of ice. Hisui feigned innocence, “Oh Maru-maru-chan, I don't see why you are so upset, I thought you loved me?”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at that, “This Sesshomaru will never love you Hisui.” He growled lowly. “Oh don't be so modest, mate!” Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed and his eyes bled red for a slight second before he threw Hisui off and into a random wall.
 
Quite easily he used his youkai speed and ran up stairs and around a couple random corners. In a matter of moments Sesshomaru stopped and prowled irritatingly into the unoccupied Central Castle Library. `Peace….' He sat there perfectly erect on the relaxing settee, though his long legs were crossed. And his top leg was moving back and forth restlessly.
 
What in the living hells was wrong with Kagome? He thought that after yesterday and his reaction to Kane's scent on her would be enough to get through to her. He uncrossed his legs and silently tapped his foot against the lush French rug. `Excepting an outing with the disgraceful neeko completely intolerable.'
 
His lips drew back and his large canine fangs seemed to suddenly enlarge. Red flashed in his naturally golden eyes and his hair began to lift by some unseen force. But before the TaiYoukai's inner youkai could even let out an enraged growl all his usual features returned gold eyes, fangs, and hair all calmed faster than they came out.
 
Sesshomaru stared down at his clawed hand tightened against his knee, `Foolish.' He thought. `Losing control, over a woman.' His lip seemed threatened to lift and flash his pearly white fangs. `This is becoming too much. I have to ask her before she becomes too confused with that whelp of a youkai.' He thought a bit uneasily.
 
`Easier said than done, nani?' his self-conscious spoke softly not its usual playfulness.
 
Sesshomaru sighed, `I can get the bitch if I want to.' He spoke to himself arrogantly.
 
`But if you did that, Kagome wouldn't love you as much.'
 
Sesshomaru scoffed, `Like I need her love. I will get what I want when I want. And I want her as my own now.'
 
He could see his self-conscious frown, `Come now… you don't mean that. In fact… you're letting Kane really get to you, ya know.'
 
Sesshomaru turned his face away looking at the many shelves filled with scrolls of past and present. It was almost as if his self-conscious was really his father, it was his own voice, but it was much like his father its attitude anyways. Sesshomaru frowned, `What is it that you expect me to do. I have done two of the four steps of courting.'
 
Sesshomaru's conscious sighed, `Ya know there is five, right?'
 
`It is not important.' His conscious rolled its eyes, `You're acting like a big baby you know that.'
 
Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed, `This Sesshomaru is no pup. I have just lost my patience with Kagome that is all.' His conscious sighed yet again, `I haven't bugged you in over a month. And now that you need me to most, you push me away it's a contrary game I have noticed ya know.
 
`And I sure as hell hope Kagome starts noticing it soon, too. Or you'll end up breaking the poor girl's heart twice and than she'll really run to Kane.'
 
`Are you saying this Sesshomaru cannot get what I want?' Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed dangerously low. His self-conscious rolled its eyes, `No! What I'm saying is you better stop your crap, be nicer to Kagome, and explain yourself! Like she really knew that you did that with her on the balcony because of Kane and you wanted to show your dominance in the relationship.
 
`Kagome is a Tenshi who's customs are closer to mortals than they are youkai! If you don't start treating her with respect and start explaining your prick ass than you'll lose her and than who the hell will you have left?!'
 
Sesshomaru's eyes widened a slight fraction but no reply came to his mind. `Exactly! No one!' Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes again, `I will have Rin.' His conscious rolled its eyes, `Oh yea. When you loose Kagome, Rin will hate you for not getting her the Oka-san she wishes to gain. Than what, Kagome will be afraid of you and Rin will hate you. And all you have is your damned lands and the castle.'
 
Sesshomaru kept silent soaking this all in, `Did you set some sort of spell on this Sesshomaru?' It was his conscious turn to be silent now. `Why would I set a spell on myself, that's just inane.' Sesshomaru turned to face the front of the library again. `You sound as if you are father. Only father would lecture me in such a way. I would not lecture myself, nor would I tell myself repeatedly that I love the miko before I could even consider it.'
 
His conscious didn't reply. It didn't reply for what seemed at least thirty minutes later but the young lord was patient. Patient enough to find out what or more like who was in his head when no one but himself should be.
 
Sesshomaru's conscious sighed, `Shouldn't you be checking on your mate-to-be?' Sesshomaru gave a small smirk, `Changing the subject, ne?' he could see his self-conscious smirk as well, `Might be. But you should go check on her, she is after all probably at the arena now.'
 
Sesshomaru stood and walked to a large window which oversaw most of the castle grounds. There he saw the ignorant neeko leading Kagome, away from her brother and pup, towards the battle arena.
 
Sesshomaru began pacing slowly he had many options. He could run down there and swipe Kagome right under Kane's nose, challenge Kane to a battle, yank Kagome back to the castle with him, or he could allow Kagome to go along with the date and interfere if Kane becomes to close for Kagome's comfort.
 
But