InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wings of a Tenshi ❯ Loosing Opportunities ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello! I can tell a lot of you are rather relieved I have finally updated lol! I don't blame you, no matter how hard it is for me to write this fanfiction I still lurv it and I will not abandon it! Though I have a few new ideas, thanks to the past couple months, I'm not going to start writing anything until I finish this fanfiction. This fanfiction will most likely be about six more chapters after this chapter. You know if you really think about it, that's not that much!! Oh well, it will be a great few chapters and I'll be sure to update everything. Also I'm going to restart this fanfiction an edited version if you will.
 
Anyways enough blabber, on with the fanfiction and a majority of characters that I don't own!!
 
~x~x~
 
Chapter 17: Loosing Opportunities
 
Kagome awoke with thunder shaking the earth and pounding on her door. Desperate, small, annoying knocking noises. She glanced down at the small battery powered clock that Mizu lent to her, `6:30 a.m.?!! Who in the world?' Too tired to use her miko powers, she stood up swiftly, being sure not to awaken her child, she opened the beautiful door.
 
What greeted her eyes was nothing in what she was thinking she would see. Rin was kneeling at the door, crying, sobbing, and finger shaped bruises on her small human arms. Kagome immediately picked Rin up, “Rin… Rin honey, what happened? Why are you crying?” Kagome shut her door and sat on the edge of her bed with Rin cradled in her arms.
 
But instead of answering, Rin cried harder, sobbing, whimpering, much like a puppy would. “Rin… sweetheart.” Kagome said softly. Her eyes narrowed some, “Where's Sesshomaru?” That's when the tears really started to cascade down her soft, unblemished, baby smooth, skin. “Outo-san doesn't -hiccup- love Rin -deep breaths- anymore!”
 
Shippo shifted on the bed and mumbled something but Kagome paid no mind to it at all. “Why doesn't Sesshomaru love you anymore Rin? Why do you think that?” Rin gripped tighter on Kagome's sleep shirt, “He awoke me suddenly,” she again hiccupped, “and than he grabbed my arm really hard, and started asking me funny questions! Rin tried to tell him but he shoved me out the door, he told me to go to my human mommy!”
 
Kagome noticed the absolute anguish in the small girl's voice. She also noticed that Rin had again slipped into 3rd person again but she completely ignored it. `What is up with Sesshomaru!? He knows Rin doesn't have a human mom! Oh wait until I get my hands on him!'
 
~x~x~
 
Sesshomaru awoke before the sun even came up but that didn't matter; there was a light drizzle outside. He took a delicate whiff of everything and it was smothered with a human's scent. Sesshomaru slowly sat up and opened his eyes. Besides the fact his room was suffocated with the scent he noticed it was non- threatening what-so-ever. In fact, it was sleeping in his bed. Why in the world would he allow a human in his bed?
 
Sesshomaru turned and noticed an extremely small lump next to him, `Surly not…' Sesshomaru lifted the blankets calmly, slowly. But it was. A human girl was in his bed and she was snuggled next to him. Sesshomaru almost growled but stopped.
 
Why in the world would he permit a human child in his bed, in his room, anywhere near him? He despised humans with a passion. In fact, he had a reputation that screamed measures that he slaughtered, men, women, and children all alike. So why would he have a child in his bed. He wouldn't lower himself to actually bed with the child. That was low and it was disgraceful.
 
Sesshomaru would understand if she were older and perhaps if she wasn't human. And he could perhaps understand if you could get over the stench that humans naturally carried than maybe couple with them. But none of that explained why in the world he had a human with him.
 
The small girl rolled over her face small and innocent, her hair mussed, and such a tiny baby body. Sesshomaru growled, he shouldn't think so much about the small wench, she would surly grow to be like all women, like all human women! Only looking for ways to make themselves rich and make their fathers somebody. Sesshomaru scoffed, humans were absolutely pathetic! And youkai women were no better.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes widened in shock he had the scent of Tenshi on him. He had it all over him, and it too surrounded his room. What had gotten into him to allow a human girl to sleep with him and a Tenshi to even touch him? Hadn't the Tenshi race hidden away in Rishiri Island?
 
Well, he'd deal with that later, for now he had to deal with the child. Sesshomaru grasped the small girl's forearm and shook her, “Awaken.” He demanded. The small girl's eyes opened immediately at the sound of his voice. Groggy from sleep she tried to pull her arm away, Sesshomaru didn't let up. “Outo-san, please… that hurts.” She said in a yawn.
 
Sesshomaru released her arm instantly. Outo-san. What was the human child thinking? “Girl, I am not your father.” He growled. The small girl sat up and looked at him strangely. “Outo-san, why are you acting so funny?” Sesshomaru growled threateningly, “Child, do not speak to me with such disrespect.” The small brunette gave him a funny look but nodded, “Hai, Sesshomaru-sama
 
She said it with such unfamiliarity it made him growl lowly. The girl slightly frowned at him, “What's wrong?” Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes at her, “I need not explain myself to you girl.” The girl's frown deepened. “But… Out-… um… Sesshomaru-sama.” With a wave of Sesshomaru's hand he silenced her.
 
“Get out of my room girl. I do not understand why you would have the nerve to even come into the TaiYoukai of the West's room.” That's when the girl's emotions finally came out, “Lord Sesshomaru. I don't know what's wrong with you. You always let me sleep with you! You're my Daddy.” She said in disappointment.
 
He almost slapped her at her insolence but held it back, something held him back. “Get out of my quarters now girl, go back to your human mother.” A tear or two slipped down her perfectly clean, healthy face. She hopped quickly out of bed and ran towards the door, “Outo-san you know I don't have a mommy!” she screamed and slammed the door and ran out.
 
Sesshomaru was shocked to say in the least and that was rather rare for the Youkai Lord. Sesshomaru walked towards his personal hot springs, `This Sesshomaru will not be caught with a mortal's scent upon me.'
 
~x~x~
 
Mizu opened her large light gray eyes and gave a soft yawn. Shunusuke shifted behind her slightly and snuggled into her warmth. She poked at his stomach and chest and he stirred slightly mumbling something very incoherent. Mizu held back a giggled she stretched her neck as much as she could and blew into his ear. “Wake up, Shunu!”
 
He frowned and opened his orange eyes that were dulled from sleep, “I don't wanna.” He mumbled again. Trying to lay on his back he pulled away from Mizu. “I need my sleep.” Mizu did giggle this time and poked at him some more, “C'mon Shunu, time to go bug Kagome and Sessho.”
 
Shunusuke turned back on his side and halfheartedly glared at her, “Well, if that's all you wanted to get me up for I'll pass.” He rolled onto his other side without damaging his already destroyed wings and almost fell back asleep. “Stupid little love-sick puppies.” He groaned.
 
Mizu smiled, “You know you love em'.” Shunusuke shrugged, “Yea… but who says I have to play Cupid. I'm no lovebird.” Mizu snorted at that, “Oh yes darling, not a love bird?” He nodded his agreement, “Mm-hmm.”
 
Mizu kneeled over him and started to tickle him under his armpits. His orange eyes sprang open and he flipped onto his back, “You e-evil little d-devil!!” he groaned and laughed. Mizu kept her fingers flying as she hit his only ticklish spot, “Oh but you love me anyways!”
 
Shunusuke captured her lips in his own in a desperate attempt to make her stop, “Oh yes, I know I do.” He muttered into the kiss. Her fingers instantly stopped to rest on his chest as he kissed her passionately. His fingers wrapped in her soft short pink hair and the other cupped her hip. As they started to get lost in one another's mouths Shunusuke flipped them. (Being mindful of their wings, of course.)
Shunusuke moaned and pulled his mouth away gently, his lips hovering over her own, “Now how should I torture my little devilish girlfriend?” Mizu gave an `eep' and tried to get out of his strong grasp but it was all for nothing. Shunusuke smirked, his orange eyes glittering, “I believe I have a pretty good idea.”
 
His lips again crashed over her own with a bit more force and a lot more intimacy. Mizu moaned into his mouth and he withheld the urge to be with her, to finally be one. As Mizu's hands began to tangle in his messy hair a knock came at the door. Shunusuke groaned at the bad luck and rolled off his sassy girlfriend.
 
“What?” he barked voice husky and throaty. “Shunusuke, Mizu I need you guys, like now! Something's up with Sesshomaru and he's got Rin crying.” Kagome's voice was urgent but calm, worried but collected. Shunusuke caught his breath and stepped towards the door, opening it, he noticed Kagome was now, (most likely again), banging on Tachi-mora's door.
 
When he turned back around he noticed that Mizu had already changed and was brushing her pink hair. Shunusuke sighed, shutting the door and walking towards the closet and changing himself.
 
~x~x~
 
Tachi-mora again sighed as he heard Kagome's annoying knocks. “What!?” he asked in an irritated muffled voice. His face happened to be buried under a pillow and his sheets happened to be everywhere except upon him. Tachi-mora rolled over and glared at the large oak door, `Damn door can't even hide Kagome while I try to get some rest.'
 
Kaminari had plagued him all last night through his dreaming, or more like a wide-awake-dreaming-state he had been in all night after the meteor shower. He could still make out the softness of her lips upon his own and the wonderful taste that could only define Kaminari. He sighed, he felt like a lovesick puppy all over again.
 
This was starting to get ridiculous, “Alright Kagome!!” he bellowed. “Well if you'd get up every once in awhile I wouldn't have to bug your self-righteous butt!” she called right back at him. Tachi-mora sighed and stood up going to his closet and looking for something to change into.
 
`Great…. No more clothes or at least nice ones.' He glared at the whole in his pants and the torn off sleeves of his outfit. `Well, they'll just have to suck it up and deal, now won't they? Damn pricks, thinking about money and nothing else.'
 
Tachi-mora paused, Kaminari was nothing like that. In fact, if they were to … marry she would be pushing herself back about a few levels…. But nobody ever said they were getting married so it didn't matter anyways. `But it does.' He confessed to himself. `She matters almost as much as my 1st mate did. And nobody ever came close to comparison when it came to her.'
Tachi-mora shuffled his hair around in his hands as he rubbed his head vigorously. “Too much shit to worry about. Ugh.” He growled. Tachi-mora stared into the mirror and noticed his usual ponytail was out. “The fuck?”
 
He walked back towards his bed and threw his sheets every which way and finally found his rubber band. Grasping his comb he combed his hair or more like ripped knots after knots out of his dark hair. “Ouch! Next time remember not to fall asleep with that fucking gel in your hair. Ow!” he groaned. This was a bit more complicated than it should have been.
 
After torturing himself for five minutes Tachi-mora looked at himself in the mirror. His black hair reached his shoulders, and amazingly it still had a few layers in them. His longest length, (which reached his shoulders), was also his thinnest. He grasped it and lifted it, using his comb to manipulate it, and pulled it into the ponytail. The rest of his hair he spiked with the false gel of the Feudal Era.
 
He stared deeper into the mirror, “I'm his fucking reflection…. Like I always wanted. Never what father wanted. My name should have been Toshi.”
 
~x~x~
 
Kane walked from the Southern end of the Castle to the Western-Central part of the Castle. He took in a deep breath through his nose, though not as strong and acute as an Inu it was still rather effective. `Ah, excellent, Kagome is already awake. And… is it raining?' a flash of lightning and the rocketing sound of thunder was his response.
 
Kane's striped tail swished back and forth behind him. He walked past a group of girls, most likely heading towards the hot springs, stopped and starred agape at him. Kane smirked as he passed, “Good Morning, Ladies.” Some of the women gasped the rest just starred at him with mouths slightly open.
 
He winked and kept walking, `Nice way to start the day.' He headed towards the dining room area. He knew that he wasn't going to eat, he'd eaten yesterday night, but he was positive Kagome would. After he leaned against the wall and ordered a drink he waited for his gorgeous vixen to enter through the doors.
 
He looked around seeing who all was awake after all it was a bit early for most people. His dark azure eyes instantly narrowed, Tokei was already here. `That fucking bastard!' he snarled. What did that mangy incarnation think he was doing?
 
Kane took a calming breath it wouldn't be good to let that lavender haired, pale green eyed bastard know he was so annoyed at his presence. He took a few more breaths and calmly counted to ten backwards in his head. It was a new habit (even though Lord Hayai had told him to do it years ago) and it was starting to work.
 
 
The maiden finally came with the drink he ordered and he took it without even flashing a smirk or an interested look. His golden eyebrows furrowed in confusion that was unusual. He always gave women a glance or two. Kagome was really starting to effect him…. more than he thought was possible from a little Tenshi that he wanted more than he wanted anything in a long while.
 
Kane tapped his demonic claws against his crystal clear glass, this was ridiculous. Where in the Castle could his little Tenshi be? He took a gentle whiff of the air and noticed her scent wasn't anywhere near the dining area. In fact, it was more towards the library. `What is she doing in the library?'
 
Kane sighed, closing his blue eyes and opening them slowly, and pushed himself off the wall. As another lightning strike, struck the earth, beyond the large 20ft. window.
 
~x~x~
 
Sesshomaru was disturbed greatly. More than disturbed actually. It could be a million and one words to explain how vast he felt at the very moment. In fact, disturbed was only the beginning. He resisted the urge to rub his temples, scream, shout, etc.
 
~Flashback~
 
After the little human girl left his room, it seemed to become drastically colder. Just her warm little presence had made his room seem alive, not so dead. Now, the little girl was gone.
 
Sesshomaru scoffed, he needn't be thinking so highly of a pathetic mortal child. It was a disgrace and following in his father's footsteps before him.
 
He dressed himself in a dark maroon kimono with dark, amazingly dark gold patterns along his shoulders and down his arms. His sash was the same color of gold and of course his black boots.
 
Even as he walked out of his now dark and cold room Sesshomaru couldn't help but feel a bit… how to say? A bit of loss. It was the easiest way to explain how the TaiYoukai felt at that moment. Once the little child had left he instantly lost something within him. Every second it was becoming more and more noticeable and it was really starting to claw at the Lord of the West's icy heart. The more it became noticeable the harder and stronger the storm outside became. It seemed a bit ironic but Sesshomaru didn't care much for coincidence
 
He walked down the long hallways heading… somewhere. He wasn't exactly positive were his long legs were taking him. As he turned a corner somebody ran into him. Sesshomaru of course didn't even budge unfortunately for the imbecile who did fell back on her butt and two children instantly ran to her. One yelled, “Oka-san!” and the other, “Kagome-chan!”
 
Sesshomaru stared coldly down at the threesome. As he stared down at her he sensed there was something very familiar about this woman-child rubbing her head. She had long silky blue tresses that reached her lower back. She had amazing full, teal colored wings. He had never seen such a beautiful creature in his life.
 
Sesshomaru tensed at the thought, `This Sesshomaru will not think of a woman so approvingly. Women are only after money and statues never for anything else. Beauty is not everything.' He reminded himself.
 
The girl gave a small huff and finally lifted her face to look up at him. And he swore to every Kami he knew that his cold demonic heart had stopped. She had an innocent, unblemished face with large azure eyes matching her hair. Full, Cupid's bow lips with a small pout on it.
 
“Ow, Sesshomaru, that hurt buddy.” Sesshomaru took a deep breath in; his soul had just flown out the windows. Her voice was as uplifting as the very lightning strikes that were outside this morning. `Who is this woman?'
 
A small glower spread across her perfectly healthy face, “Hey, aren't you going to talk?” she picked herself up and stood about to his chin maybe a little shorter. She was wearing a strange outfit of tight black jeans and a cream colored rabbit fur sweater with a vee neck along with some boots that matched her sweater.
 
Sesshomaru tore his eyes away from the tempting little Tenshi but her scent was so sweet and beautiful of fresh rain and sakura blossoms. He didn't recall ever smelling anything that enticing.
 
As the Great TaiYoukai of the West looked down he noticed a little kit fox and …. `That mortal child.' Sesshomaru snapped his head back up into the girl's eyes, such liquid blue captured his attention and he could feel himself getting lost in them. Sesshomaru mentally growled at himself, this is not what he needed at the moment.
 
“Don't speak with such disrespect girl.” His voice was icicles on the coldest part of the world. The girl took a step back and stared at him as if he had just slapped her. The small child by her leg pulled at her jeans. “Kagome-chan, I told you so!” the child's voice was broken and held unshed tears.
 
The girl known as Kagome smiled down at the girl to offer comfort, “Don't worry Rin-chan, we'll figure out what is wrong with him.” her voice grew harder with each word. His eyes narrowed, neither of these children belonged to her. She was still pure and young.
 
Kagome head snapped her head back up at him, “So what's the deal, Sesshomaru-sama?” Sesshomaru glared at her and was about to decide to walk right past them but the glare she was giving him proposed a challenge, and he was always up for a challenge. “Oh? You expect me to answer to a mere Tenshi? Those who have went and hid in Rishiri Island?”
 
The Tenshi's eyes sparked and turned a darker shade of cobalt. “Hey, you know I'm not from here, what's your problem? Besides, they went and hid there because our people where diminishing.” Sesshomaru scoffed, “Hn. Tenshi are cowards. They are healers and they refuse to fight. Youkai on the other hand will fight for what is rightfully theirs.”
 
She rolled her eyes, “Sesshomaru, c'mon. I'm not in the mood to fight with you. I only got 2 hours of sleep last night and Rin came running to my room about 6.” Sesshomaru merely stared at her, “That is of no consequence to this Sesshomaru.” The Tenshi's glare intensified with each word he said.
 
“Oh no consequence to you? Sesshomaru, she is your daughter, of course it matters!” she stated in outrage. “I have no pup.” The little child, known as Rin, started to cry. Not the usual human custom of screaming and making loud obnoxious noises but silent tears falling from her innocent face and her shoulders shaking gently.
 
The Tenshi's wings flared, “Sesshomaru.” She said in a warning tone. As if he, Sesshomaru the son of the Great Inu No Tashio, would take heed from her. She was nothing more than a Tenshi. He raised his eyebrow in response.
 
And Kagome did the unspeakable, before the Great Taiyoukai could even react. She reached out fast and slapped him across the face hard. In fact, it was so hard that he could actually feel the pain. The slap hit him so fast that his head actually turned with the power behind her small Tenshi hand.
 
Everything went silent. Even the strong winding storm that took place outside paused for a whole three seconds before erupting along with Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru slowly turned his head back towards her, the children were cowering behind her leg, and she looked almost as shocked as he did. Though his face was no longer shocked, no, now it was dark and cold.
 
Kagome looked down at her hand in disbelief her hand the same color as his cheek. “S-Sesshomaru I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to. You just… I-I'm sorry.” His cold amber glare took in her frightened face but there was still the protectiveness for the child in her eyes.
 
Sesshomaru's hand shot out and wrapped around Kagome's shirt collar and pulled her to him. The speed made the air knock out of Kagome and he yanked her incredibly close. Snarling in her face he suddenly covered her lush lips with his own hard and emotionless ones.
 
Kagome gasped and he took the advantage of the situation, but before so he allowed one of his sharp canines to sink into her lower lip enough to draw blood, before shoving his tongue within her mouth. Sesshomaru's hand moved from her collar to the back of her neck and making sure she stayed where she was.
 
She had challenged him, a mere Tenshi woman, and he accepted but now she was playing his way, his demonic way. His tongue lunged in and took in every aspect of her small mouth, being sure to allow her to know how he felt about her disgrace. He heard the children's small foot patter running the way that they had came from and he smirked into the bruising kiss.
 
The Tenshi had obviously gained back some sense from his kiss and was pushing helplessly at his chest. Sesshomaru knew that it was only halfhearted pushes. He suddenly slammed them against the wall and the small girl gasped yet again from loosing her breath once more.
 
One of the girl's hands tightened on his kimono and she made the most intriguing sound. The small whimper that sounded so much like an inu-bitch caused him to instantly loosen his strong hold on her, to gentle the kiss.
 
Then she kissed him back. It was an amazing feeling, this wonderful smelling, delicious looking Tenshi was kissing him back. Sesshomaru could feel his heart and her own as well pounding harshly in their chests.
 
He soon found himself growling low, a sound meant to make her submit, but instead she gave him a small moan. That had set his body aflame; she was still up for the game, the challenge. And his body was suddenly shuddering against her own. Sesshomaru pulled back slowly, and her innocence, her defiance shown through her molten liquid eyes.
 
Sesshomaru could feel her ragged breath and he smirked and she gave him a shy smile. She loosened her hold on his kimono and soothed the wrinkles down on the fine silk and than reached up and touched his cheek. “You don't remember me… do you?” her voice was so soft, if felt as though it was a butterflies wings against his skin.
 
Sesshomaru answered truthfully, “I have never met you.” Her eyes downcast she looked down at his empty sleeve and gently tugged at it with her free arm. “Do you remember loosing this?” Sesshomaru tensed and pulled back away from her warm and tender touch. Away from her probing eyes that held secrets he didn't know about.
 
Sesshomaru knew just by looking into her eyes she noticed his instant change. His usual façade not the one he just bared to her. “Sesshomaru… please.” She begged him. “Please… just listen to me.” Sesshomaru took a small step back, “You want nothing more than power and wealth and bitch I'll be damned if I allow you to gain it from me.” He stated with such cold indifference she fell back against the wall.
 
“Sesshomaru, you've got it all wrong.” Pain and confusion had entered her eyes, they enchanted him so. Sesshomaru snarled, loud and cold, “Don't toy with me.” And the girl…. Kagome slid down the wall staring at him incredulously, “What's happened to you?” she asked in such disbelief it twisted his glacier heart.
 
One look into her aqua marine eyes stated… she could see right through his demonic layered wall, his self-protection and into his soul.
 
And than she was gone…. Just simply disappeared.
 
~End of Flashback~
 
Sesshomaru stared looking out the water covered balcony. What had happened to him? He felt as though he did know her from somewhere. And yet, he had never met her. And the child, as well. He didn't approve of these feelings. He didn't approve of any of it at all.
 
He tossed and turned the previous hour over in his head continually in his complex mind. It was becoming obvious with each thrust and turn that the girl had indeed known him better than he suspected at first. As well as the fact his inner youkai and he, himself, enjoyed her as well. The girl brought on sensations he didn't understand and produced a calming sense to him.
 
The girl had calmed his soul.
 
Sesshomaru shook his head his hair brushing against the silk wrapped around his body. Something else bothered him. And that was a lot considering it was Sesshomaru, TaiYoukai of the West, speaking. Every time he would look back to the past four days, if memory served him right, he was always with Hisui. The one wench in the whole entire world he couldn't stand and he had been courting her this whole time.
 
What had ever caused him to do as such? Even now looking back he had to wonder what he thought he smelled coming from that annoying little wench. Whatever it was he thought, it was over and he didn't want to deal with her irritableness.
 
~x~x~
 
Tokei walked through the endless walls thinking carelessly about nothing in particular. But when he would pay attention to what he was thinking it would land on Kagome. Instantly. Zip, bam, boom. Instantly to her. It confused him, because it was starting to become a slow obsession.
 
He gave himself a light snort, `Obsessing over the enemy. An innocent enemy.' He stepped into the eating area and leaned against the wall, thinking nothing more, saying nothing.
 
And then Kane walked in. The arrogant yellow neeko. A cool smirk spread across his Tenshi/demonic features. But it faded slowly, gradually. How many where after Kagome's heart? From what he knew from before, Sesshomaru for certain, gradually Kane, himself which was also Naraku, and he presumed the unknown thunder incarnate.
 
`This is starting to get out of hand…. Naraku needs too many people for a single Tenshi. It was intended to be my obligation.' He thought darkly. The neeko walked out the room his annoying tail swishing back and forth behind him.
 
`Do I despise that annoying cat because of my fixation with Kagome?' his pastel green eyes narrowed, “Surly not….” He walked off.
 
~x~x~
 
“Awaken yourself.” His cold voice slithered through the darkened echoing space. A groan and a man sitting up was his reply. The shuffle of kimono rustling against skin echoed in the dark miasmic castle room.
 
Bankotsu opened his turquoise eyes and rubbed his unbraided head. “You heard Naraku, wake up.” Six other bodies shuffled and sat up as well. Naraku slipped out but before so, “You know of your expected duties?” Bankotsu smirked, “Yea. And with these Jewel Fragments it won't be too hard.”
 
“Ready?” Bankotsu asked his brothers, his only family. `To keep them alive… to stay alive, I'll play your game for awhile Naraku. But don't expect complete obedience. We aren't your little incarnations. We will give life another chance but without you.'
 
~x~x~
 
Koga sat up in bed with Ayame sleeping, her head placed on his chest. “Something doesn't smell right.” He growled lowly. A strange toxin entered his nose, `Where do I know this scent? It's nothing like Naraku's yet…. The same.'
 
Ayame shifted in his arms and she opened her emerald eyes, bright and sparkly, “Good morning Koga.” He kissed her forehead gently, “Good morning, My Koi.” Ayame gave him a radiant smile. “What?” Koga asked in a gruff like way.
 
Ayame shook her head, “I'm just still getting use to it all. What time is it?” Koga stared out the window the rain sliding down, “A bit after sun up, I think.” He stated. Ayame grinned again, “Want to stay in bed a little longer or do you want to go bug our friends?”
 
A toothy grin spread across Koga's face, “Hmm, do I really need to answer?” before he tackled her into the bed.
 
~x~x~
 
Kagome looked around, “How in the… how in the world did I end up here? I didn't know I could transport.” Kagome looked down at her hands than around the library. “I'm sitting in Sesshomaru's spot.” She said softly.
 
`What's happened to Sesshomaru?' She felt really shaky all jittery and a bit broken. `I don't understand what's happened to him.' she rubbed her nose before sniffing. `I will not cry.'
 
Kagome sat there a long time before another thought entered her head. She felt cold. Not physically, no it was deeper, a lot deeper. Before she knew it, tears were running down her cheeks. Kagome wrapped her arms around her now pulled up legs and let the tears fall from her cheeks.
 
Kagome wasn't sure how long she sat there but when she found the motivation, she stood up slowly, feeling a bit drained from using, `My miko powers? Or was it my Tenshi?' she walked up and down the aisles before finding what she needed. “Hmm… perfect, I'll look it up here.” The aisle was a lot smaller than the others; it was filled with what little they, as in TaiYoukai and Youkai, knew about the Tenshi race.
 
“So small.” She said softly. “Nobody in this era really are familiar with my people.” She picked up a few scrolls to see how much they did know. Kagome sat back down in Sesshomaru's spot and made herself comfortable but before she could even open the first scroll Kane walked in.
 
Kane stepped in with his usual smirk until his gaze fell upon Kagome, “What's wrong?” he was instantly by her side. Kagome set the scroll down, “Oh… nothing.” She looked down and away from him.
 
Kane knew that the concern was plastered across his face but that didn't seem to matter. “No, I know what that means.” Kagome looked back at him in confusion before he continued, “Fine and Nothing usually mean everything is going wrong, or nothing is right at all.” He said with a slight smug tint in his voice, before it faded again into his concern, “So, what's wrong?” he had a large hunch of what it was, but it was best to stay `naïve'
 
Kagome took a deep breath, “I don't know….” Was all she said for a long time but Kane was patient he knew that he would have to learn to become more patient if he wanted Kagome. She was not just another toy in his life, he wanted her for himself. She brought a sense of happiness to him and he was willing to sacrifice everything for her.
 
Kagome wasn't sure if she wanted to open up to the beautiful neeko. After all, yesterday he was very pushy it had made her very uncomfortable. She took another small glance of him out of the corner of her eye he didn't seem like that today. Kane looked genuine today, like he really wanted to know what had caused her anguish.
 
Kane noticed her liquid blue eyes on him and he gently grasped her chin before gasping, “You were crying.” He sounded surprised as if he had only heard of crying from books or from childhood stories. She looked down as if ashamed, “No that came out wrong, I'm sorry.” Kane said so softly it made her stomach churn and not in the unpleasant way. Kagome gave him a soft and faint smile. “It's alright. You're use to youkai and royalty.”
 
Kane frowned at the comment and released her chin. “I didn't mean it like that. You are right though I have not seen anybody cry in years.” They both were quiet before he traced the scrolls in her lap, “What were you reading?”
 
Kagome looked down at the dusty, old scrolls. “Oh, I don't know yet, I haven't got to read them. But they were in the Tenshi section. There aren't very many.” She said in deep thought.
 
“This is the first time we've had any Tenshi invited to the Summer Festival in over…. Hmm…. 450+ years?” Kane's eyebrows furrowed and a small frown appeared on his face. “Yea…. Sesshomaru's mother… now what was her name again?” Kane gave a small shrug, “She was the reason for Tenshi not to return here to find …. Whatever you find here.”
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed as well, “Why was it her fault?” Kane stifled a chuckle and turned his body straight ahead, “She hated, or despised which ever, all races. Now this is all just rumor, I stayed away from her. After all, I wasn't born yet.” A small smile spread across his face.
 
“She despised all, she couldn't stand anything. It wasn't that she was actually spoiled or anything of the sort she just hated the very earth she walked on and any other creature that happened to pass by.” Kane shook his head his straight locks moving with it. “It was as if she didn't want to live. She didn't want to take a chance or live life to the fullest.”
 
Kane's frown deepened, “According to my aunt and uncle, Lord Seiji and Lady Riko, she was very devoted about being a hime. My aunt though said that she had no passion for it. She had no passion for anything.
 
“To get the East and the West to cessation there fighting, InuTashio's father and her father, Lord Arata, setup an arranged marriage and InuTashio and she were married.” Kane could sense Kagome's distaste. “What is wrong? Do you not like this tale?”
 
Kagome shook her head, “Far from it, I just don't care for arranged marriages.” She said softly and a bit in an embarrassed likes quality. “Don't worry I don't mind you asking questions or anything.” Kane turned back to her and smiled.
 
“My aunt said that InuTashio was still young, he was only about 300+, and he was defiant about it and was shocked but didn't want to anger his father.” Kane took a deep breath, “Little Miss Hime of course went with it without arguing or hesitation.”
 
Kagome thought back to the painting in Sesshomaru's room that time in the Western Castle, a woman of such beauty held eyes filled with sadness. But now she was starting to understand, Sesshomaru's mother wasn't sad she was playing a life that didn't belong to her.
 
“She didn't want to.” Kane looked at Kagome in confusion. “Sesshomaru's mother…. She didn't want to marry InuTashio-sama.” Kane's confusion deepened but he said nothing. He didn't have to, “I've seen a painting of her. At first I thought she was just saddened, but I didn't know why. But I understand now, she was living a life she didn't want to; she was walking in someone else's footsteps that didn't belong to her.”
 
Comprehension entered electric blue eyes, “Oh.” He said softly. Kagome glanced down at the scrolls in her lap, “Continue.”
 
Kane seemed startled at first but cleared his throat, “They were married, mated of course, she bared his mark and he took on the duties of a mate. Unfortunately, the East did some political thing or another and another war broke out between the East and West. South aided East and North assisted West.
 
“It was an all country war and if you look under war in this library you'll find all the supposed real reasons and stuff. You'd have better luck asking around all the actual TaiYoukai here, but good luck getting any out of Lord Arata.”
 
Kagome looked over him her tears had mostly dried on her cheeks and her eyes not so liquid, “Why is that?” Kane smirked, “He's the one who started it all and lost most of his dignity and honor.” Kagome shook her head, “That's horrible.”
 
Kane gave a small snort of sort, “That's not even the beginning; during that time Sesshomaru's mother was pregnant and according to my aunt she was a fighter, a warrior. InuTashio, I suppose, tried to keep her from doing so but she did it anyways. The interesting thing about it all was that she fought against the West. Her mate.”
 
Kane shook his head yet again, “Even though I understand it is her people, she went against her mate.” Kane said it as if he was amazed that she would dare go against InuTashio-sama. “InuTashio was furious, is the least to say, but even so he still battled against her. Not precisely her but her people.”
 
Kagome sighed the same time Kane did, “I'm not too positive all that happened in this war, but I do know this. She lost her pup. It was so severe that everybody on each side literally stopped battling.” Kane took in a deep exasperated chuckle, “It was so immense that the war instantly stopped, InuTashio transformed and carried her towards his castle. Nobody even dared to go after them or stop them. They just all packed up to go see if the Lady of the West was going to be okay.”
 
Kagome looked incredulously at Kane and he nodded, “Yea pretty extreme, no?” that was the first time Kagome had heard Kane speak so native not so slang. “When they figured out who killed InuTashio's first pup-in-the-making, both InuTashio and Lord Arata killed him. Lord Arata killed him for the man for even hurting his pup at all and InuTashio for killing his first pup and same reason as Lord Arata. The horrible, as put in your words, thing about it was that it was the top, absolute main General that knew absolutely everything of the East.” Kagome shook her head, “How … words can't even describe.” Kane nodded.
 
They were quiet but before long Tachi-mora rushed in. “Kagome! Your kids told me Sesshomaru spazzed on you! Are you alright?” he ran over to her and turned her over with his eyes. Kagome gave him a gentle but small smile, “Yes, I'm fine. He just kissed me is all.”
 
Both Kane and Tachi-mora's eyes narrowed, “There's more to it than that. But we'll talk about it later. It's already almost noon you screwball.” Kagome's smile brightened at his older brother adoration. “Alright. Kane, since I promised you I'd save you a seat, will you be joining us?” Kane smirked, much to Tachi-mora's displeasure, “I would be honored.”
 
~x~x~
 
An angry scowl crossed Inuyasha's face, “Kami! Why did it have to rain today and here of all times?” Inuyasha shouted to nothing in particular as he jumped and ran through the rough forests. Kagura had lowered herself closer to the road on her flying feather with Kanna on the back. Kirara had reclined to the same thing after an hour of harsh winds and lightning striking so close to them.
 
“I haven't seen such an angry storm in years.” Miroku stated against Sango's ear. Sango nodded, “It seems almost unnatural, yet I can't sense a youkai causing this.” Inuyasha jumped nearer, “I don't think it's either!” he yelled above the strong wind so they could hear him.
 
“It almost seems as if a natural storm came along, I smelt it yesterday, and than a Tenshi, our Tenshi, took some control on it. You guys aren't use to Kagome's Tenshi side.” Inuyasha splashed in another large puddle causing his knees and below to cover in mud. “I can sense her pure aura, it's really in emotional pain though.” Than Inuyasha ran ahead again.
 
“If Inuyasha can sense Kagome's aura so well, that must mean we're getting closer to the castle!” Sango shouted over the nearly (literally) breathtaking winds. `That's why my wind sorcery wouldn't work. Kagome is extremely pure now that she's in her true form.' Kagura thought.
 
“If we can get through this storm a little longer, we should make it soon!” Miroku yelled over to Kagura. Kagura inclined her head, “Alright! Can your… cat hold out that long though?” she forced her feather to get closer so she wouldn't have to yell as loudly. Sango petted Kirara's neck, “I think she can, how about it Kirara?” A cattish roar was her response.
 
~x~x~
 
After lunch, that was surprisingly quiet except the mummers of gossiping youkai and humans alike, a lot of people went to the auditorium where they shouted and yelled that Tachi-mora and his band go up and play.
 
Tachi-mora agreed and Kagome sat with Koori, Akira, Kane, and of course the children. They played song after song such as, Fight for all the Wrong Reasons to get them started, Wasteland, and some other stuff. One that really captured Kagome's attention was Follow You Home by Nickelback.
 
It wasn't entirely the song but more of what her idiot of an elder brother said before singing it. “Alright you guys, and I literally mean you guys! This song is so fucking true I can't even believe to describe how badly we are when we're in love or just have an extremely big obsession with a girl!” They sang the song and all the guys shouted and roared there response.
 
Tokei visibly flinched when Tachi-mora claimed of the obsession. `Damn it's so fucking true.' He could feel Tsurai's probing eyes on him. Tokei turned towards the