InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wings of a Tenshi ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, hello!! I didn't really even think about this chapter until I started writing the 18th. So I hope you guys will approve of it even if it is a bit different than the last 18. Lurv-ed you guys!
 
AN: A lot of stuff that InuTashio, InuPapa, Inu no Tashio, etc., etc. remarks about that you guys have never heard of from me are going to be mentioned in a fanfiction that I see about InuPapa's relationship with Sesshomaru's Mother, Seshiko. I will also write one of how InuPapa met up with Izayoi, in my view.
 
The Heavens are in italics
 
Flashbacks in bold
 
And normal stuff going on with Sesshomaru, Kagome, Inuyasha, Kaminari, etc., is in well, normal!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and Co. I only own Kioshi, Kaminari, Hisoka, Amaya, Tachi-mora and the gang and so on and so on. Michelle Branch owns All You Wanted.
 
Chapter 19:
 
~x~x~
 
“Hm. How is it that every time he gets so close he misses?” his voice was strong and echoed throughout the white space. A soft peach-white hand placed itself on his shoulder, “Koi he simply has to understand.” The larger of the two sighed, “Well it took me awhile to understand as well…. But still he was so close!” he spoke of it as if it were a victorious battle and in a manner of speaking… it was.
 
The peach-white hand soon turned to arms that encircled his large lean shoulders. Her hug was comforting, but not what he wanted. He wanted… no needed that boy to gain this. To win this. This was almost his life at stake. But more so, his very soul.
 
“It is more than just a battle, he must understand that.” The youkai spoke. The small woman behind him smiled gently, “He will in time…. Give him time.” He took a deep, almost shuddering breath, “I have.” The dark haired human giggled, “Well give him more time, Ta-” she was going to speak her favored nickname, but another entity appeared.
 
“Oh?” The mock concern was instantly registered, “What brings your ill attitude?” The only male of the threesome scowled but said nothing. “Welcome, my lady.” The small onna behind him said sweetly, sincerely. The other, elder woman scoffed, “Your welcome would be more appreciated if both of you consisted of it.”
 
Instead of listening to the other woman's high, but alluring voice, the man turned his head back to the earth, were his son sat among a Shidarezakura tree with a woman within his arms. A young Tenshi, he, himself had grown fond of.
 
The girl reminded him much of his Izayoi, and much more, that his son deserved. His smile grew as his soft memory returned, it was hazy and Sesshomaru didn't completely understand it, but it was getting through.
 
Izayoi tapped her finger gently on his chest, reminding him he had company. “Yes Seshiko, welcome.” He spat the words coldly, much like her own. Starring down, continuing to watch all unfold he noticed how strong the girl Kagome was.
 
In fact, he had raided her mind a few times, much like he had done to Sesshomaru but a lot more mildly. A soft grin pressed against his pale, striped face. Before Sesshomaru had lost his memory he had been catching on, it almost made him laugh. His son was so stubborn; he was stubborn enough to wait him out for 30 minutes just to see if he would slip up some information. Instead, being cautious, he changed the subject and Sesshomaru snapped to that as well.
 
Leaning his head back against Izayoi's heart, listening to the gentle thumping he turned cold amber, a blend of red and dark gold, eyes towards his ex-mate. He had to admit, even in death, her cold heart, and her cruel smile, her beauty, captivated him. She had long silver hair, reaching towards her knees, which could easily be explained as liquid silver silk. The flow of her hair was like gentle wave after wave. Her bangs easily reached the tips of her elbows or her mid torso. The rest of her hair was simply wave after wave, layer after calm layer.
 
She was taller than Izayoi but shorter than himself and Sesshomaru. She had to be at least 5 foot 10, with a long slim body that was muscled but not overly so. Clawed hands that were manicured with a strange design among them that were painted a wild strawberry color.
 
She walked and moved with elegance, only a Youkai Princess could possess, and wanton in both definitions. Her voice, on occasion, could be soft and inviting as any other woman's but on most charts it was cold, heartless forcing you to turn away.
 
Her skin tone was a few tones lighter than honey. Her facial structure was aristocratic in every way. She had two maroon demonic markings marring each cheek and a thin dark crescent moon upon her forehead.
 
Slim, long, dark eyebrows set above a thin demonic marking of the same blue coating as her moon. Long, thick, dark eyelashes that lay on her cheeks when she slept or blinked enhanced her deep purple eyes. Eyes, that more times than not, appeared to be the same deep blue as her markings.
 
Sliding amber down the smooth expanse of her neck he knew he was once more getting lost in her beauty.
 
Once upon a time, there had been a bite mark on the right side of her neck, were her neck connected with her shoulder. But now it was gone, along with the rest of their relationship.
 
Her beauty still astounded him to this day, but he refused to allow it to show. Why should he give her the pleasure? He admitted that some times he was rougher with her than his usual chivalry towards women, but she had never once showed gratitude or even common pleasantry towards him when he was decent with her. Which was more times than he could actually count.
 
He, when still alive and not messing with his son's head had treated her with kindness and patience. Lots of patience. He showered her with gifts, he let her go back to her pack, allowed her to go through villages, etc. etc. But of course not, Seshiko had to destroy each gift he bestowed upon her, scorned him for not letting her stay longer with her pack, and destroyed each and every village she passed.
 
Just to prove she could. He knew at the time that she only did it to see how far he'd allow her to go, and when the proper punishment was in hand, she'd make it that much worse.
 
Now that he was older, wiser, and well quite frankly, dead Seshiko, even in death, reminded him much of a spoiled child. It was always about her; her demands, her this, her that.
 
InuTashio cracked a wry smile of these thoughts. Sesshomaru took after his mother a lot. Not too much now that he was older, but when he first met his son, a dark look shadowed over his eyes as he thought. When Seshiko became pregnant with Sesshomaru, he had been in battle, once more, with her father, Lord Arata.
 
That particular battle lasted 50 years and he never received the chance to actually enter his home until he had won once again. Thinking back…. His thick eyebrows narrowed in disgust, the little minx had wanted as much! Why hadn't he noticed it until just this moment in time? When he was dead?!
 
Turning sharply back towards Seshiko and shifting Izayoi who was still wrapped around him he glared harshly. “Of course, after all this time it dawns on me.” He started slowly, deliberately, yanking Seshiko out of her rant about how he displeased her once more. It had made Izayoi grow uncomfortable and it toyed with his nerves.
 
“What?” Seshiko's voice echoed in the deep white space. InuTashio kept his eye trained on her, seeking every movement, every flaw. “Sesshomaru's hatred. The 50 year long battle, so long ago.” Seshiko didn't move didn't release any type of movement. She never did when she was starting to get backed into a corner.
 
“You've messed with Sesshomaru's head often. Seshiko spoke her voice had melted and quieted. Another sign that she had been caught, yet not completely. Just signs.
 
“For his own good.” InuTashio's powerful voice echoed. Seshiko glared, her eyes sparking something new.
 
~x~x~
 
Amethyst clashed with amber and before Izayoi could think she was suddenly floating in thin air and two TaiYoukai were battling.
 
Izayoi, totally forgetting she was dead for a moment raised her arms to her chest and hands to cover her face and screamed. Next thing she knew she was in InuTashio's arms, the same arms that had thrown her into the air, moving to a place safer and Seshiko was charging at them with elongated nails.
 
Izayoi tried her best not to `eep' and InuTashio jumped out of the way, his own claws unsheathed.
 
(Heh-he, notice elongatednails and clawsunsheathed… man I'm good…:0) )
 
The clash was much like it would have been on earth, without trees looking like they would be uprooted any minute and the grass lying completely on the ground with the wave after wave of unseen powers. Instead, there were white fluffy clouds of fog being blown away and any other entities that had common sensefled as quickly as possible.
 
Unfortunately for Izayoi, she couldn't do that. Her mate, though dead, was battling his dead/ex-mate and she somehow had ended up in the middle of it all. She of course was not the reason of the fight, as many of their fights had been but instead simply it had been about another youkai who happened to be all of theirs. Seshiko by birth mother,InuTashio as his father, and Izayoi who Sesshomaru had often confided in.
 
After twenty to thirty minutes Izayoi had, not purposely…. Okay maybe it was a tad bit but that was finewith her. Soshe hadbecome just a little… oh forget it! She was immensely bored and she couldn't help it.
 
At first the fights were frightening, even if they were technicallydead, than they became amusing. But after 200 years of the same old thing, things tended to lessen and you had to find your entertainment elsewhere. Izayoi had yet to find it.
 
Sighing she sat there listening to them exchange words as they altercated blows.
 
~x~x~
 
“Sesshomaruwas just a pupand you daredto hurt him?” InuTashio snarled.He was feeling a littletouchy on the subject of Sesshomaru's mentality due to that damned Hisui.Seshiko allowed a small shrug of dismissal before letting out a flash of dark blue liquid towards the elder of two youkai.
 
“He was my son before yours InuTashio! That boy belongs to me!” InuTashio easily dodged each attack she made on him. Trying out his speed he thrust his fist upwards, placing a very nice uppercut on her chin. She flew up and than caught herself landing about twenty feet away.
 
“Boy? Sesshomaru is no longer a pup, Seshiko! He's ruling the Western Lands just fine and he's getting himself a mate!” Seshiko froze in her next attack stance.
 
“W-what?” she stuttered barely audibly. InuTashio narrowed his eyebrows at her reaction, never had he remembered her to stutter.
 
Yellow-brown heliodor clashed once more withdeep-violetamethyst. “He's found himself his mate, Seshiko and you can't stop him this time.” The deep sound of her swallowing almost made him want to take back his words.
 
The confusion and dead (not to cut down the fact that they were) distress had entered those enchanting violet eyes. Seshiko moved slowly and mechanically out of her fighting stance and into a more or less of a confused puppy state.
 
The site wouldhave made InuTashio want to pull her into a hug, or something to that effect but he wasn't fooled by looks as innocent as that…. Only by Izayoi, the damned minx.
 
Under that innocent looking and confused persona was the heart of a homicidal murderer that loved to slaughter in undignified ways. The same heart that had rejected him years among years ago. Rejection that Izayoi had healed with her own heart.
 
“Come as a surprise?” his voice came out a lot softer than he had planned.“You can't control him forever, Seshiko.” Her eyes slowly racked over his body and down to the calm and simple earth that hadn't a clue what was coming undone up there.
 
On the earth sat her son sitting under the same Shidarezakura tree that she had often sat under with him during the annoying festivities. Where she and Amaya, Lady of the North, had exchanged words from time to time.
 
… The same Shidarezakura that InuTashio took her breath away by kissing her so deeply and promised her his heart if she'd, “… accept something so strongly from someone as me,” he smiled something strong and genuine, “an enemy of the East.” His voice was playful and light she remembered but she also recalled his voice was strong and serious, like any warrior's.
 
Shaking her head she `zoomed' in on the occurrences on earth.
 
~x~x~
 
Sesshomaru sat among and under the Shidarezakura with Kagome cuddled in his lap. The winds and rain hadn't lessened any but having her with him, the feel of her calm aura and bright shining eyes… the emotions running through him, it was amazing. How could one small woman do this to him? How could he let her?
 
Because she was nothing like what people had told him his whole life. Because she was strong and determined and willing to help him even against his will. Because she wasn't afraid of him. Because she loved him. Shocked, Sesshomaru opened his eyes and stared down at the small Tenshi in his arms.
 
Kagome was resting her head against his shoulder with his arm one of her hands were clutching his shirt on his other shoulder with his lost arm, which he still wasn't certain how he had lost it in the first place, and the other was laced with his hand that was wrapped around her back and waist to secure her. Her bottom was in his lap and her legs were bent at the knees, her feet resting on a smaller root. Her dark cyan wings were folded above his only arm that held her steady.
 
She didn't actually love him... …. Did she? Surly not. Nobody has ever loved him. They respected him and took him in, not love him. A flash of dark brown hair, chestnut eyes, and small innocent body came to mind. That child that Kagome had defended. She loved him?
 
Did both these girls love him? No.
 
Looking down at the almost dozing woman in his arms he secretly smiled, `Perhaps they do.'
 
Kagome almost fell asleep, if she wasn't mistaken by her body's time clock, it was probably 3 o' clock in the morning. It was nice to have Sesshomaru to herself. Kagome paused in her fogged thinking.
 
Sesshomaru wasn't for her though, he had lost his memory somehow. She needed to study up and help him remember. She was sure her Tenshi and miko powers could come into play with this. But that was only if he so desired. She wouldn't do this in secret.
 
Tightening her hand that was laced with his she squeezed. He in an action of reassurance he squeezed back and she kissed his shoulder of the lost arm. Maybe he just didn't remember from the time he lost his arm until now. Maybe? She didn't know anything before that so she couldn't exactly test that.
 
Maybe she could ask him what he did remember of the festival? That much she did know about. Should she wait until morning though? After all, she was really tired and happy to be in his arms, but tomorrow she might not even get time alone with him. Frowning, Kagome snuggled closer to Sesshomaru for warmth, they were after all soaked.
 
`Good thing I'm not pretending to be a human anymore.' Maybe she should as well ask him if he remembered her trip to the castle with him, as well as him stealing her first kiss. Kagome could feel the cherry red blush consume her cheeks.
 
Sesshomaru cocked an elegant eyebrow at her blushing, “Oh, did you have something you wish to enlighten upon this Sesshomaru?” Kagome peeked up at Sesshomaru before sticking her tongue at him childishly. Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow up higher a bit, “Hmm, don't tell this Sesshomaru,” he leaned in closer as he un-entwined their hands and tilting her head back, “that you wish for me to devour you.”
 
~x~x~
 
Seshiko was shocked that Sesshomaru even knew that line. That was the same exact thing that InuTashio had told her so long ago, before he confessed himself. Taking an involuntary step back she looked in disbelief at InuTashio.
 
The man who claimed to love her and turned around and mated a human 200 years later. Atrocious.
 
Tensing Seshiko stared deeply into his captivating honey eyes. There was some unknown emotion there. An emotion that made her stomach quiver.
 
~x~x~
 
InuTashio smirked at his son's last comment, ornery thing. Though Sesshomaru was more like this mother, he still proclaimed his father's beast, InuTashio thought proudly. A very important part of a youkai's life but also within that beast was Seshiko, an unreasonable murderer.
 
Frowning once more InuTashio brushed his bangs from his eyes. Seshiko's meaningless curse, so to speak, really put his beast on a chain. So in reproach InuTashio became Sesshomaru's self-conscious, since he didn't seem to have his own he gladly claimed the spot.
 
Smiling once more, he transferredhis eyes from Sesshomaru and Kagome to her beloved family/friends.
 
~x~x~
 
Mizu shook her head, this was one of the more romantic evenings and Tsurai wasn't doing a thing. It was 2:45 in the morning and the idiot wasn't doing anything! They were even taking a break at the moment allowing the orchestra to do their thing and Tsurai was sitting on the complete and opposite side of Shinai! Ooh, that shy and honest boy was about to get the lecture of his life!
 
Shunusuke watched as Mizu stood up and sat next to Tsurai. Curiously he watched her move. Than, he saw it. That sparkle that entered her gray eyes when somebody needed a good hit on the head to knock the rocks over.
 
Before she could completely draw in a breath, Shunusuke grasped her hand before muttering, “Can we talk real quick?” before waiting for a reply he dragged her farther back stage.
 
“Did you have to interrupt me?” Shunusuke could tell she was livid. “Listen, baby, they need to do this on their own.” Mizu glared at him harshly, “They've had time, Shunusuke! Shinai's waiting on Tsurai's move!”
 
Biting the inside of his cheek, to keep from yelling at her, he calmly replied, “Tsurai can't help it,” he silenced her with a quick kiss, “Listen to me. Think back when Shinai first met Tsurai.
 
“We had just grown in our wings, presenting them to our other friends, and showing off. Remember how when we all met Tsurai he already said he had wings but didn't like them?”
 
~x~Flashback~x~
 
“Fuck this sucks, I just had to get the jerk's wings.” Tachi-mora muttered. “Ooh, I like the tint Tachi, they've some dark blue in them.” Mizu replied. “Eh, whatever.” Shinai and Mizu giggled.
 
“Hey it looks like your tint is the same exact color of Shunusuke's wings!”at the mention Shunusuke flipped his right wing around his arm and stared before smiling proudly, “I'm tellin' you man, my mom screwed another and married the wrong guy!” Tachi-mora and Shunusuke threw there head back and laughed. Mizu slapped her boyfriend's arm and Shinai slapped Tachi-mora's. That had always been a weird joke of Tachi-mora and Shunusuke's that only they understood.
 
Looking over at the windowsill Shunusuke noticed how quiet Tsurai had been through the whole talk about their newly acquiredwings.
 
“Dude did you not get your wings?” Shunusuke punched him lightly on the shoulder. Tsurai swung playfully back, “Yea…”
 
“Hey we'll be back, Shinai and I… need to go talk.” Shinai blushed a pretty pink before running out of Shunusuke's room with Mizu. “So, uh, what's up?” Shunusuke asked.
 
Tsurai didn't focus for a moment, he was starring at the door Shinai and Mizu ran out of. “Yea I got them… I've had them.”
 
Tachi-mora frowned, “Dude how old are you?” Tsurai grinned, finally, “116.” Shunusuke's mouth dropped open, “Dude you'reolder than me! I'm only 95!” Tachi-mora busted out laughing, “And I'm only 15! Hahahaha!”
 
Tsurai's grin grew, “How'd you even get your wings anyways?” It was Tachi-mora's turn to grin, “We have a long line of spiritual powers in our family. It started a few generations back, everyone in my family started getting their wings sooner and sooner.”
 
Shunusuke frowned, “But it's such a painful process, even at my age.” Tachi-mora shrugged, “I don't know, man.” Tachi-mora stood in front of Shunusuke's mirror glaring at his wings, “I hate the color.”
 
Tsurai shrugged and stared at the mildly empty streets of Tokyo, it was the late 1800's after all. “Hey, man why don't you show us your wings, they can't be any worse than mine.” Tachi-mora stated staring, or more like glaring, at his wings he obviously got from his father.
 
Tsurai shrugged, “I received mine from my father as well…” Shunusuke narrowed his eyes slightly, “Why won't you show them? Can't be too bad.” Tsurai looked at Shunusuke hard for a good long minute. “Oh yea, it's bad.”
 
Tachi-mora rolled his eyes, they haven't known Tsurai long, he was a new guy in town that lived near by, andso far he was pissing him off. He was all about secrets and being quiet…. But then again he did just move here. He should give the guy some slack.
 
“Can't be too bad, now show us you lackwitt.” Tsurai scowled at the nickname. “Fine.” Tsurai's wings tore from his back slicing the skin as the horns were forced out. The dark color looked as if it were made of purple leather. The bones that allowed him to fly were very distinct and at the end of each point was smaller and large horns.
 
A gasp was heard as the two girls' came back inside Shunusuke's room. Tsurai opened his eyes and trailed them to Shinai. Her face was of disbelief and horror. Wincing he turned away from them all, simply staring out the window once more.
 
~x~ End of Flashback ~x~
 
Mizu turned back towards her two lovesick friends, “I've forgotten about that….” Shunusuke sighed, “But he hasn't. He doesn't want to be rejected by Shinai, that's a tough thing to go through, remember?” Mizu nodded.
 
Hers and Shunusuke's relationship hadn't always been as steady and wonderful as it was now. When they had first started dating Shunusuke had already been seeing some other girl at the time and she kept interfering.
 
Nothing good came from it of course and there were fights and other such things, but Kami it had hurt. Shunusuke had eventually put a stop to it and from there it was a pretty simple love-and-be-loved relationship. Then there were times where she and Shunusuke were just plain naughty.
 
Shaking her head mentally, she stared up in Shunusuke's orange eyes, “So what can we do?” Finally Shunusuke grinned, “Set up the right atmosphere of course!” Her smile could have split her face, “Okay!” Shunusuke pulled her in a bit closer, “But we have to keep it a bit on the… low down, Kagome doesn't need to know.” Mizu nodded her understanding.
 
~x~x~
 
Tachi-mora scowled and half-heartedly tugged at his hand as Kaminari dragged him through the halls and towards the auditorium. “Kaminari!!” He groaned in reproach she glared at him. Scowling he allowed her to drag him to her parent's table and she sat him down before sitting down herself.
 
The insane smile that Lord Hayai was giving him was really, rea-lly starting to freak him out. “Hi?” he almost squeaked. Almost. Lady Amaya smiled gently at him, “Don't mind him, Tachi-mora. He's just…. Tipsy.”
 
The look on Tachi-mora's face could have sent women running. Kaminari held back a giggle, he looked so dumb-founded that it was comical. Lord Hayai grinned manically, “I'm not t-tipsy. I'm just… ah hell, I'm tipsy… or drunk!” his smile grew. “Eh-he… right…” Tachi-mora attempted a smile.
 
“So Tachi-mora, how old are you?” Lady Amaya questioned. “Um… well, according to your time, I'm not even alive yet. I'm not born for another 300 years. But in my time I'm 129.” A sheepish grin spread across his face. Lady Amaya smiled, “That's very interesting… the well, its powers are magnificent.”
 
Tachi-mora relaxed a bit, `No need to be so tense… so what if you're talking to her parents, you've talked to them a million and one times. Relax!' Kaminari smiled and grasped his hand within hers, underneath the table. “Yes ma'am it sure is. They say only few people with a pure heart and soul can see the light that comes from it.”
 
Kioshi came and sat down between Lord Hayai and Tachi-mora, “They say your sister can see the light from the well.” He gave them all a welcoming smile, “I wouldn't doubt that, actually. Her intentions are pure she has no greed or hatred in her heart.”
 
“Is that your skill?” Tachi-mora asked. Kaminari squeezed his hand, “Yep. Kioshi and I received our powers from mom's side of the family. I'm psychic and Kioshi can see into the hearts of people.” Tachi-mora frowned, “Ah, so he's impathy. Than whom does your little brother, Hisoka, take after? Lord Hayai?”
 
Lady Amaya smiled, “Indeed he has. My family is all about the unseen. Hayai's on the other hand is completely true combat. Suits him, considering he and InuTashio were warriors at heart.”
 
Lord Hayai seemed to sober up a bit at the name of his long dead friend, “The damn bastard was so intent on keeping his family safe, he completely forgot about his own well being…. I tried to stop him but InuTashio is hard headed.”
 
Inuyasha walked up behind the elder lord, “Much like me, I take it.” He said softly. Lord Hayai leaned his head back, “Oh, ten times worse my boy.” He slurred his s's. “You reek of alcohol, old man.”
 
“You shouldn't be too surprised, Inuyasha.” Kaminari added in. “You knew him when you were growing up.” Inuyasha smirked, “Yea, I remember. I remember chopping half of his brown hair off when I figured out how to use my claws!” the whole table broke out laughing.
 
“You're a hit Inuyasha.” Tachi-mora.
 
“Whoa, I forgot about that!!” That would be Kioshi.
 
“I didn't. Little brat was barely to my knee!!!” Whimper, whine, etc. etc. Definitely Hayai.
 
“Now, now dear, settle down.” Can't imagine who that was.
 
Kaminari simply giggled. Inuyasha grinned, “I suppose it was good times.” Kaminari pulled up a chair next to her and her mother, “Take a seat Inuyasha.” Inuyasha's smile faded slowly, “Actually I was going to find Kagome, she's been out in that storm much too long. I know she's with Sesshomaru, but something's gnawing at me. I've learned to acknowledge it with her, she gets herself in a lot of trouble when I'm not around.”
 
A fond smile was on Hayai's face, “It's good you've learned to listen to your instincts so well. Most youkai don't learn to do that on their own until they reach about 400. You can tell you're InuTashio's son.”
 
Inuyasha gave them an awkward smile, “Yea…. I'm going to find Kagome, see ya.”
 
~x~x~
 
Sesshomaru sat contemplating, he wasn't quite sure what he was going to do. Kagome was falling asleep in his arms… better yet in his lap and it was still storming. There seemed to be something spiritual about the storm. It was not a natural occurrence from weather conditions. There was something deeper, something … spiritual.
 
“Sesshomaru?” Sesshomaru stared down at her, she was absolutely soaked and the material she claimed to be a dress clung to her wet body in the best of places. Her large blue eyes were staring at him in question and she seemed to shiver from his hot amber gaze. “Yes?”
 
Kagome blushed and looked down before staring back up at him, “Can we go inside please? I'm getting really cold.” Sesshomaru hadn't even noticed how cold it was, not with her in his lap. Besides his mind kept wandering elsewhere, not focusing on what nature was doing to his body temperature. He usually didn't take notice of such a trivial thing, but it obviously bothered his little Tenshi.
 
His. He had been thinking such strange things since this morning. He didn't like it, but it sounded right, it had a certain ring to it. His Kagome, his Tenshi, His.
 
He stood and held her in his arm, she was light. “Do you not feed yourself, miko?” Kagome stared at him in confusion, “I feed myself plenty thank you very much!” A crooked smirk placed itself among his features. “Ready?” Kagome wrapped her arms around his neck tighter and smiled at him.
 
Turning into the strange ball of demonic light he stepped within the building. “I couldn't move that fast even if I wanted to.” She said in awe. “Here.” He said placing her heels in her hands with his tail. Kagome smiled at him, “Thank you.”
 
They walked in silence towards the Western part of the castle before he paused, “Is- No. Did I put you in my mother's room?” Kagome nodded, “Yea, you told me that she painted it.” Sesshomaru lead the way to her room. When they reached her door he told her to grab some clothes, “Yea, good idea, I should bathe before I go to bed, shouldn't I?”
 
His youkai roared at the thought and it didn't seem such a bad idea to him either. The thoughts that ran through his head were really starting to shock him. In a childish motion he grabbed her hand within his larger clawed one. Kagome looked up at him and giggled.
 
Instead of taking her towards the hot springs for all the women he headed up stairs. Confused she followed, “You've sang to me before… haven't you? Sing for me…. Please?” Kagome paused thinking of the type of song that could perhaps trigger something within the youkai lord.
 
Taking a deep breath she squeezed his hand, “Ready?”
 
“I wanted to be like you. I wanted everything. So I tried to be like you and I got swept away.” The shock that was registered didn't get past Kagome.
 
She began walking slower with him, “I didn't know that it was so cold and you needed someone to show you the way. So I took your hand and we figured out that, when the time comes I'll take you away.”
 
Stopping again this time in front of him she could see that they were in the middle of the large, grand staircase. “If you want to, I can save you, I can take you away from here. So lonely inside so busy out there. And all you wanted was somebody who cared.”
 
Her deep blue eyes were holding truth and promise for him. Kagome was willing to help him, perhaps even love him. He was very tempted to allow her to take hold of him, “I'm sinking slowly so hurry hold me. Your hand is all I have to keep me hanging on. Please can you tell me so I can finally see where you go when you're gone.”
 
Pulling him back towards his room she began to sing again. Never once did she turn away from him, “If you want to, I can save you, I can take you away from here. So lonely inside so busy out there. And all you wanted was somebody who cared.
 
“All you wanted was somebody who cares, if you need me you know I'll be there. Oh, oh, oh, yea…” He pushed open the door for them and let the word soak in. She wanted to help him. She seemed to know him inside and out. Being so busy… and lonely. It struck a cord inside the TaiYoukai's heart.
 
“If you want to, I can save you, I can take you away from here. I can take you away… So lonely inside, so busy out there, and all you wanted was somebody who cares. Yea, oh, oh. Ohhh.
 
He shut the door behind them and she led him to the bed sitting him down gently she stood between his long legs and cupped his face in her hands. She lowered her voice to a whisper, “If you want to. If you want to, I can save you, oh, I can take you away from here. I can take you away, so lonely inside, so busy out there. Oh, and all you wanted was somebody who cares….”
 
She pulled him close and placed his cheek upon her heart as she whispered in his ear, “Please can you tell me, so I can finally see, where you go when you're gone.”
 
Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around her waist and held her close. Her heart beat quickened and he could feel her blush as she laid her cheek on the top of his head.
 
~x~x~
 
The whole auditorium quieted as they heard Kagome sing and Inuyasha had stopped mid step. “All you wanted was somebody who cares, if you need me you know I'll be there. Oh, oh, oh, yea. If you want to, I can save you, I can take you away from here…” her voice seemed to die down a bit and a large door was closed that echoed throughout the castle.
 
“Such a beautiful voice. Who was that?” numerous whispers ran through the large room. Tachi-mora stood up and exchanged glances with Inuyasha. “Kagome has really fallen for him… I hope she knows what she's doing.” Inuyasha said as he walked back to Kaminari's table. “I just hope she makes the right decision. He doesn't know her. His youkai does but he doesn't. Kagome can try her hardest to make him fully remember but until something is properly done Kagome's heart is very vulnerable.”
 
“I'm sure, deep down, Sesshomaru knows who she is he just doesn't understand her. Her motives anyways.” Kioshi said softly, when he had looked into the young Tenshi's heart there was so much purity and love it seemed almost unheard of. It surprised him, but he'll keep that small fact to himself.
 
Inuyasha shrugged, “You never know about that bastard.” Lady Amaya halfheartedly glared at the hanyou, “Inuyasha you shouldn't speak of your only family like that.” She scolded. Inuyasha stared at her a long time before shrugging again, “Sesshomaru may be blood but my family is Kagome, Miroku, Sango, and Shippo. There's a difference between who accepts you and blood.”
 
With that the silver haired half inu turned away and went to his room. Lady Amaya looked hurt, “Don't worry about him mom. He's just testy about Sesshomaru loosing his memory and acting like a jerk to Kagome. He's really protective of her.” Kaminari informed her mother. Lady Amaya nodded, “I know…. It's so sad how he sees family as.”
 
~x~x~
 
“Hey Tsurai, can I ask you a favor?” At his skeptical look Mizu pouted, “Pretty please? With a cherry on top?” Tsurai grinned, “You didn't have to go that far. What do you need?”
 
Mizu smiled, “Well, I can't find Shunusuke and I can't seem to get Shinai's door undone.” His look went from grinning to cynical in two seconds flat. “Mizu. You're psychic.” He said slowly as if speaking to a child.
 
Mizu pouted, “I know! But please!!! I can't get it! And you already said you would!!!” Tsurai took in a deep breath, “You're lucky I'm not Tachi-mora….” She grinned and hugged him. Tsurai was so sweet and gullible sometimes. He gave her a skeptical and confused look before following her to the room.
 
Shunusuke stepped up to Shinai, of course Mizu gave him the hard one to get to the room, sheesh! “I know this is a weird request, but umm…. Can you come to my room; I want you to see if this is an okay… present for a guy?”
 
Shunusuke grinned, perhaps he was in luck, “Uh yea, is it in your room?” Shinai smiled before blushing the `present' was obviously for Tsurai. “Yep.”
 
`PERFECT!!! SCORE FOR USUKE!!!' he did a mental high-five with his mental little buddies in his head. `YESSS!!' He was pretty sure his `sane mental buddy' was on vacation…. Yep until next Thursday. Grin. Cheshire Cat Grin.
 
As they headed down the hallway, opposite of Mizu of course, he opened the door for her. “Ladies first.” He said calmly as he always spoke to his friends. Hiding the large grin he slammed the door shut on her. Using the Tenshi strength he was blessed with he felt Mizu's psychic powers engulf him as well as Shinai.
 
Mizu walked around the corner and noticed how quite it was, `I am one skilled Tenshi.' She grinned. She could see Shunusuke plain as day but by the look on Tsurai's face he couldn't sense or see a thing. Before allowing him through the door she grasped Shinai and slung her towards the other end of the room.
 
“Can you get the door?” Tsurai wrapped his large hand around the door knob. At first it didn't budge, “It's supposed to look authentic not act it.” The