InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ A Different Perspective ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha

Chapter 7 : A Different Point Of View

Sango and Miroku walked hand in hand smiling broadly at each other. Kirara trotted a good distance behind them.

"Do you think anyone suspects?" Sango asked coyly.

"With their amazing abilities of observation?" Miroku cocked and eyebrow, then shifted to a serious look. "I highly doubt it."

"You have to admit, Kaede might have guessed by now." Sango pointed out.

"Not if Shippou and Kagura have anything to say about it," Miroku commented, "I'm sure they give her just as much work as they help out with."

***********************************************

"Kagura was heading back towards the village after finishing her errand. The sight she saw before herself caused her to stop where she was. Her eyes widened, then narrowed to slits.

"No." She stated sourly. "He will not succeed. I will make sure he is stopped." She then changed directions away from the village at top speed.

***********************************************

Miroku suddenly paused.

"I sense a dark ominous cloud." His voice was flat and unfeeling. Sango thought he was playing around, so she shouldered him.

"We're close enough to the village that you shouldn't have to do that." Then, a chilled wind blew through the air. Sango Pulled herself close to Miroku, and looked into the direction he was starring. The sky where the village should be was swirling into a dark mass. Both of them jumped when a bolt of lightening stuck, followed by a roll of thunder. Sango motioned for Kirara, but Miroku stopped her.

"Even though there may be some trouble, you know we cannot do that. We've come to far to ruin it now." The sky cleared once agin. "And it seems the trouble has either passed or only just begun."

"I would feel better if we at least sent her ahead. That wouldn't involve us in any way." He nodded to her. "Kirara, go, and see if you can help them out." The small cat transformed and took off in the direction of the village. "I just hope Kagome and Inu Yasha weren't involved." Miroku drew her in close.

"Me too," he whispered, "me too." With that, they both ran as fast as they could towards their destination.

***********************************************

"Inu Yasha!" Shippou was on his knees shaking the unconscious hanyou. "Wake up!" Tears of fear and sadness began to escape from his eyes. He draped himself over his chest and began sobbing. "You can't die, Kagome will be sad if you die!" He had no clue what to do. He heard a rustling of leaves from behind himself. He turned to find Kirara in her small form emerge from the bushes. She saw the stiff form on the ground, walked over and began nudging his head while making chittering noises. There was still no reaction.

"Inu Yasha!" Came Kagome's panicked cry. Shippou lifted his head. Due to hearing both Kagome's voice, and a faint heartbeat in Inu Yasha's chest. She ran to his side, and knelt on the ground. She cradled his head in her lap, then looked at Shippou. "What happened?" Tears were beginning to well in her own eyes.

"We were about to head home, when the eyes appeared, and Inu Yasha was hit by the lightening." Kagome looked confused.

"Eyes?" She didn't wait for an answer however, her attention was turned to Inu Yasha. His body stiffened, and his eyes suddenly opened. There before Kagome was a sight she never again hoped to see. "Not again," she whispered, "I thought you were at rest." Kagome stated at the glowing white orbs that had replaced Inu Yasha's usual intense gaze. Slowly, he blinked, and his eyes returned to normal. Kagome reached down and hugged him out of pure relief. He looked confused for a moment, then hugged back.

"What did I do to deserve this?" He asked carefully. Kagome was crying from sheer joy this time, and buried her head into his shoulder as he sat up.

"You're alive." She managed to choke out.

"I'll try be that way more often." He stated skeptically. "Um, why can't I move my legs?" Inu Yasha was now sounding worried.

"What?" Kagome and Shippou both exclaimed. Kaede was just coming up the hill.

"It is good to see that you are all safe." She stated. "But the question I have, is how do you feel Kagome?"

"Relieved." She hadn't quite understood the question. "Though Inu Yasha can't walk."

"That's not what I meant child. You had quite a spell yourself before you came running." It was Kagome's turn to be confused.

"What do you mean? I just ran out after the lightening struck." Kaede shook her head.

"Did you not say that Inu Yasha cannot walk?" Kagome had turned her attention back to him and nodded.

"Didn't say I couldn't walk, I said that I can't feel my legs." He continued to struggle, but still couldn't stand.

"Inu Yasha, stop it! You're only going to hurt yourself more." Kagome pleaded.

"Feh." Responded Inu Yasha . Shippou was holding on to Kirara as he watched the exchange. Kaede decided that she should interfere.

"Inu Yasha." That got his attention. "What is the last thing you remember?" He glared questioningly, then thought it over.

"Well, I was heading back. Shippou said something. It got really hot, then Kagome was holding me, and I couldn't feel my legs." Kaede studied him for a moment.

"Being hit by lightning can injure any being, if it doesn't kill them." She turned to Kagome. "He should rest for awhile. With his healing ability, three days at the most."

"Feh." Inu Yasha crossed his arms and fell back to the ground.

"But I can't carry him through the well." Kagome was trying to figure out the situation.

"I can help!" Shippou piped in. "I'm strong enough to carry him." Inu Yasha scoffed.

"You could barely carry my sword." He crossed his arms.

"Besides," continued Shippou, ignoring Inu Yasha's comment, "it will give me a chance to go to your time!"

"Whatever you are doing, you must do it soon. The sun is about to be down." Kaede pointed out.

"Oh. Um. Kirara, can you take Kaede home?" Kagome asked. The Kirara transformed and complied with Kagome's wishes.

"You aren't seriously considering this?" Inu Yasha asked. "Kirara would be better for carrying me."

"Yes I am considering it. Shippou, could you turn into something a little better suited to take Inu Yasha to the well?" Shippou just grinned and turned into his pink bubble form.

"For the love of the gods!" Inu Yasha groused, but begrudgingly complied with being set on the annoying bubble.

Once they reached the well, Inu Yasha was leaned against the side and Shippou turned back into his normal form.

"I knew that form wouldn't make it through the well." He mumbled.

"We all knew that." Countered Kagome. "But it got you here, didn't it?" He just made a noise of annoyance, and Kagome turned to Shippou. "As much as I'd love to take it, it might be better if you grabbed his arms, and I grabbed his legs."

"That's fine, but how are we supposed to get him in the well?" Shippou asked. Kagome was already searching some of the bushes around the well.

"I know I left it here." She looked into one particularly thick bush. "Here it is!" She came back carrying a rolled up rope. "I used to use this when taking my bike in and out of the well. We can make a harness, and we can lower him to the bottom. Then, you and I hop in and were all back in my time."

"Okay." Said Shippou.

After much fighting, struggling, and a few bruises, they managed to drag Inu Yasha up to the stairway.

"Mom! Were back! Could you please open the door?" Kagome shouted. Footsteps were heard, but it wasn't Mrs. Higurashi that answered the door. Shippou dropped Inu Yasha's arms, and his head hit the steps.

"Ow!" He grumbled. "Watch it!" Shippou just sent a shocked look between Kouga and Kagome. She laughed nervously.

"Did I forget to mention that Kouga is my mom's new boyfriend?"

"Yo...yo..you kind of did." He stuttered.

"Hey, injured party still on the steps!" Inu Yasha complained.

"What happened to you?" Kouga asked looking at the hanyou on the steps.

"He was hit by lightening, do you think you could give us a hand?" Kagome explained. Kouga stepped forward to help and Shippou jumped out of the way.

"There is no way in hell that wolf is going to touch me." Inu Yasha growled.

"Doesn't look like you have much of a choice." He picked up Inu Yasha and slung him over his shoulder like a child.

"What makes you think you can do this?" Inu Yasha shouted.

"The fact that you're injured, and I have about five hundred years of training on you." He carried the grumbling mass up the stairs and to his room. Kagome and Shippou reluctantly followed. "Hey, Shippou! Come open this door for me." Shippou scampered ahead and did what he asked. Once Kouga placed the thoroughly crestfallen Inu Yasha on his bed, Shippou asked Kouga a question.

"Since when do you know my name?" Kouga just smiled and waved his finger around.

"Uh, uh. It's not a good idea for anyone to know too much about their own future." The statement just caused the kitsune more confusion.

"Kagome, you have a lot of explaining to do." Shippou stated.