InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ On Their Own Two Feet ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha

Chapter 14 : On Their Own Two Feet

&nbspKagome gasped, and ran into Inu Yasha with such force that they both landed on the bed.

"Hey," he protested, "I don't have all of my balance back yet. It took me all morning just to get that far." Kagome released him and stood up.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so happy to see that you're going to get better." She smiled and hugged him again.

"Feh." Came his gasped answer. She released him and let him sit up. "I'm not weak, of course I'm going to get better." He smiled back at her playfully. She got up and bought back the food she had set down. She handed him his bowl of ramen and he looked at her quizzically. "Where's my sandwich?" Kagome giggled at his little joke and sat down next to him.

"So, can you actually walk yet?" She asked between bites. He inhaled the rest of his food before giving her an answer.

"Nope, but I am working on it." He paused a moment. "Though, I was actually hoping to be able to walk you back to school." He glanced at her sheepishly from underneath his bangs. She smiled shyly back at him, but her expression changed as a realization hit her.

"I have to get back to school before Mom gets back!" She kissed him on the cheek. "I'll see you when I get back." He gave a small whine as she exited his room.

"I guess it's back to work."

***

&nbspBy the time lunch rolled around, the main house had been completed, and the ground was being prepared for the immense herb garden.

"It will be nice to have a ready supply of such varied herbs." Kaede comment.

"I still do not wish to live in the main house, will the two of you not take it?" Jinenji commented.

"We shall be fine in the other hut, though, we could turn the main house into something else." Miroku thought for a moment. "We could gather there for meals, but he same could be done outside." Sango, being the quick thinker that she was came up with a better idea.

"We could do that, but at the same time, we could also make it into a house for healing." Everyone looked at her with slight understanding. "Like those hospitals that Kagome once told us about."

"You mean a place for the sick to gather?" Kaede questioned.

"Not just the ill." Sango explained. "The injured, those giving birth, both human and demon. Between Miroku's sealing spells, and the knowledge of herbs and healing that Jinenji, Kagura, and yourself have, I think it will work. Besides, you won't have to travel atound quite so much."

"With Kagura's warning of an upcoming battle, we might just need it." Miroku pointed out.

"That's sad, but true." Jinenji said. "Though, I do not think there will be quite as many demos gathering as you, or this Kagura you speak of may think."

"What do you mean?" Sango's eyes were glued on the large hanyou.

"In all of your travels, how many demons has Inu Yasha come across that he actually allowed to live?" His unblinking eyes sent a chill down the neck of the humans that sat near him.

They thought for a moment.

"Very few," Miroku observed, "but what does that mean?"

"It means less fighters, and even then, not all that around are willing to fight. I ran into a wolf pack on the way here that was heading west, and I do not think they will be coming back this way." Jinenji observed.

"We can only hope that this turns out all right." Miroku said as he looked into the sky.

***

"Never wanted to be involved in the first place! Why must you come and bother me now? You know that I do not fight." The demon cowered before Kagura and her sister.

"You do not fight unless you are threatened, and this time, you will not be controlled by shards." The younger explained. "For they no longer exist, and if you do not help, the entire world may be in grave danger." The large demon sighed.

"What can this Ryukyuan do for you?"

***

"You've run out of time."

"Time maybe, but chances, no."

"Oh, listen to Mr. Lightening Bolts! He's got everything under control!

"Shut up!"

"If your so smart, then where is he?"

"You have no right to make fun of me."

"I have every right!"

"You're just jealous! It's not like you could ever pull anything like this off!"

"Hah! That's what you know."

"Are you plotting against me?"

"You're the smart one, you tell me."

"You are so infuriating!"

"I could say the same about you, but it won't get me anywhere will it?"

"Go away!"

"I'd be glad to, just make it happen, 'Oh mighty one!"

"Some how, some way. I will kill you!"

"Jackass, I'm already dead, and you know it!"