InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ It's All Coming Back To Me Now ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha.

Chapter 17: It's All Coming Back To Me Now.

Kagome rushed to the hospital as fast as she could. She was going to set things straight.

"I'm here to see the boy that was beaten." Kagome told the nurse at the front desk.

"Room 316. He just regained consciousness."

"Thanks!" Kagome ran down the hall and to the elevator. She almost knocked over a gurney that a tech was transporting. She nervously waited in the elevator for it to reach the proper floor. When the elevator 'dinged' the floor, she was out like a racehorse. She stopped briefly in front of the door before taking a deep breath and storming inside.

The frail looking boy turned to her. She felt bad for half a second, then remembered what it was she came to do.

"You know I would almost say that it serves you right." Kagome shouted. The boy turned a confused, almost blank stare in her direction.

"Do I know you? I didn't think I fell that far off the ladder." He spoke in a groggy, drugged tone. Kagome stopped and blinked. It was almost as if a completely different.

"Excuse me?"

"Isn't that why I'm here?" Hojo tried to sit up, but laid back down in defeat. "I know I was told to stay off the ladder, but I had to get the ball off of the roof some how." That's when it clicked in Kagome's head. Onigumo was no longer a threat. Somehow, the most recent blow to the head had brought back the real Hojo, which she technically had never met. She saw his bruised eyes and cheeks and felt sorry for him, but at the same moment felt happy that the poor boy finally had his own life back. She felt her anger wane and wash away. When she got home, if her accusation were correct, Inu Yasha deserved to be sat and hugged both at the same time.

"I'm sorry." She finally responded. "I think I came in the wrong room. I do hope you feel better though." She smiled and stepped out.

"Who was that girl?" Hojo wondered as the seemingly crazy person left his room. "I'd hate to be the guy that she was really looking for."

*~*

Inu Yasha sat on the couch contemplating on whether he should pick Kagome up and surprise her, or just wait until she made it home. His thoughts were interrupted when Kouga turned up the television.

"I know you can hear that thing well enough, some of us might be trying to think here. Didn't you have to go to work anyway?" Inu Yasha grumbled.

"Nope, technically I never have to. I just do it to make sure the people under me know that I'm still around, and am refusing to take their crap. Besides, I think even you might be interested in this." He pointed to the screen where a reporter stood out in front of the local hospital.

"A young man was severely beaten today on his way to school. Witnesses all claimed to have been too stunned to call for help, but a shop owner noticing the crowd and hearing the commotion called the police." Stated the reporter.

"First, the ninja was like 'bam', then he was like 'wham' and then, and then, and then, he was like 'woosh'." The businessmen, along with numerous other witnesses were interviewed, all claiming to have seen some sort of ninja, or martial arts master.

"Authorities believe that the ninja may have been a part of or hired by a gang. A black Cadillac was spotted at the scene, but no one could remember seeing a license plate number. The victim's involvement in gang related activities is unknown, but her currently resides in this hospital, in critical condition. This is Forjirama, Nakita signing off." Kouga clicked off the screen and grinned at Inu Yasha. The hanyou was holding in his laughter.

"A NINJA?!" Shippou screeched and fell to the floor he was soon joined by his two accomplices in a rolling fit of laughter. About one minute later, Trin stepped out with Mysiu in tow.

"So it was you!" A vein popped out of Mysiu's head, and all three men stopped laughing. "I can't believe it! I may not be able to turn you in to the police, but by the time I'm finished with you, you might just do it yourselves."

"Uh oh.." Shippou muttered.

"Shit." Was the unison response from Kouga and Inu Yasha.

"Shippou, you are not really anyone's responsibility, and I'm cutting you a little slack because I'm sure these two influenced you into helping out." She paused a moment and Shippou released a sigh of relief. "Trin, have your way with him." Shippou's eyes widened as Trin stalked up to him with an evil grin on her face. He screamed as she drug his flailing body upstairs and into one of the bedrooms.

Mysiu's gaze hardened on the two older males. She marched over and grabbed Kouga by the ear, and turned to Inu Yasha.

"I'm going to let Kagome take care of you when she gets home." She turned back to Kouga and shook his ear. "You're coming with me!" She dragged the wolf demon 'ow-ow-owing' all the way up the stairs.

"SIT BOY!" Rang out through the house. The slam of Inu Yasha's body had matched that of the door.

'Oh shit! She knows!' Inu Yasha thought, not even attempting to struggle against the spell. As Kagome marched up, he laid his ears back into a submissive position, and looked up at her with the eyes of a puppy that is apologizing for relieving himself on the rug. She bent down and looked him in the eye. He almost dreaded what she had in mind. She began to lean forward, and he winced, but instead of a blow, or another subduing, he felt her lips caress his. His eyes widened, but he didn't break the kiss. 'Is this some new form of torture she's about to use on me?' Kagome broke off the kiss, and left him wanting more. 'Yep, it has to be.' He mentally whined. He whimpered audibly as she pulled back.

"By the way, I love you." She smiled at him and walked up to her room shutting her door.

'Definitely some new kind of torture.' He got up and ran out side of the house. He was about to jump up to Kagome's window when he noticed Kouga up on the roof.

"Got to patch up the shrine." He waved a hammer in the air as he saw Inu Yasha's questioning look.

'Weird, that's usually part of my chores, this definitely an odd way of punishing me. I got it! They're just trying to confuse me that has got to be it.' He jumped to Kagome's window with this thought in his head. Seeing that she had already changed, he stepped into her room.

"What did I do to deserve all of this?" he asked Kagome as he plopped down on her bed. She stiffened a moment.

"So, you can walk." She turned to him. "Which means you really did do that to Hojo." He knew at that moment he had been caught. He hung his head sheepishly.

"Yeah, but it was only to protect your honor." He said quietly. Kagome reached over and gave him a big hug.

"In a way, you did two good things today." She squeezed him a bit harder. "But if you ever pull a stunt like this again, I will make sure that your face can double as a ping pong paddle." She let go and smiled at him.

"So, what exactly did I do again?" This was starting to worry him.

"Do you remember how Onigumo said that he took over Hojo's body after a blow to the head?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Well, lets just say that you defeated Onigumo."

"What? Talk sense!"

"Hojo is Hojo again. He doesn't even remember meeting me. We must have been in different schools at the time or something, but he still thinks that he fell off a ladder."

"Oh."

"Let's go take Shippou home so we can get back before dinner."

"Uh, I think you're mom handed his fate over to Trin." Inu Yasha turned his head as a scream resonated in the hallway. He walked calmly to the door, reached out his hand, and snatched Shippou inside. He locked the door before Trin could come in, and began laughing like crazy.

"I don't see what's so funny." He crossed his arms and pouted which caused Kagome to lose her own reserves. There he stood dressed in a light pink, fluffy, taffeta tea party dress, and matching pink headband to which there was attached an equally puffy and pink bow. His hair had been put into dainty curls that flowed off of his head. On his face was a skillfully applied layer of makeup, and all the hairs on his tail had been converted into many braids. "At least Sota isn't around to see this." He mumbled. The most utterly convenient irony would have been if Sota had decided to come home at that moment, but instead a small slip of paper slipped under the door.

"You should have seen him a minute ago." Trin said. "He ran out before I could take the picture of what he looks like now." Inu Yasha picked up the Polaroid that had been slipped to him and burst out in another round of laughter.

"Let me see." Said Kagome. Shippou ran to snatch the photo, but Inu Yasha simply held it over his head until Kagome had taken it. Her face turned red with laughter as she saw what the picture was of. It was Shippou, of course, this time however, he was dressed as a geisha, fancy kimono, kabuki makeup, the works. "Best we keep this one away from Miroku." Kagome giggled. Inu Yasha perked up at the name mentioned.

"Speaking of which, we have to get this lovely lady home." He smirked.

"You wouldn't." Shippou's eye grew to massive proportions.

"We would." Answered Kagome.