InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ I Have Good News And Bad News ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha

Chapter 18: I Have Some Good News And Some Bad News

Jinenji perked up his head towards the direction of the well.

"What is it?" asked Miroku.

"I hear someone in that direction. Sounds like Kagome and Inu Yasha." He paused a moment. "They must be back from their journey!" Miroku and Sango shot each other looks of fear.

"Are you sure?" Sango asked him.

"As much as I can be, I do not have a great sense of smell, though it seems they are arguing with a child." He finished his statement to find that Sang and Miroku were already off and running.

"No!! You can't make me!" Shippou screamed.

"We can, and we are." Inu Yasha growled.

"What did I do to deserve this again?" The young boy whined.

"You listened to Inu Yasha." Kagome said sweetly.

"Hey!" The comment offended the hanyou.

"I mean you listened to bad advice from Inu Yasha." She corrected.

"Wait!" This still didn't placate him. Shippou took advantage of the situation, hoping he could go back through the well, but cursed him self since he couldn't do it without Kagome. So, he settled on using the well as a hiding spot.

"Hey, where'd Shippou go?" Kagome looked around the area.

"He thinks he can hide in the well." Inu Yasha snorted. They both walked over to the well. "Nice try runt, but you still have to face the consequences." He reached down into the well, and pulled out the angry kitsune. He set the boy in drag on the ground and nudged him forward. "Let's go."

"No!" a masculine and feminine voice came in unison. Before Inu Yasha or Kagome could react, two human sized projectiles that sent them into the well hit them each head on.

Shippou turned to see the well give off its familiar blue light.

"Oh no." He whispered. A rustling in the bushes caused him to turn around. He was confronted with a demon that he had never seen before. Shippou tried to decide which technique he would use to defend himself, when it spoke.

"Excuse me little girl, but have you seen my friends? I could have sworn that they were in this direction." Jinenji looked down at Shippou.

"Oh, they are going to pay when they get back." Shippou silently promised.

`~'~`~'

"Oomph! What the hell?" Inu Yasha yelled. He was staring straight into Miroku's face. The two offending bodies righted themselves, then offered a hand to their friends.

"We really do apologize." Sango stated as she helped Kagome. "But we had no other choice.

"You two can explain yourselves in the house." Kagome answered. Since Inu Yasha was refusing his help, Miroku bent down to pick up a small square of paper.

"Please tell me that this isn't Shippou." He laughed. Sango peered over his shoulder, then snatched the photo and began tittering hysterically.

After the laughing fits had died down, they headed for the main house.

"You do realize that we left Shippou behind." Kagome pointed out.

"Jinenji will make sure that he's okay." Sango stated.

"What's Jinenji doing there?" Inu Yasha queried.

"We'll tell you everything, but first we wanted to announce something to the two of you." Miroku stated. "There was a point to our previous absence." He smiled slyly over to Sang, and took her arm into his own. Inu Yasha and Kagome seemed to take the hint.

"You two got married?" Kagome peeped.

"Not yet." Answered Sango.

"So, you got the blessing, huh?" Inu Yasha crossed his arms at the statement. Kagome gave him a queer eye.

"Yes," answered Miroku, "and we requested Kaede to perform the ceremony."

"So, you got engaged?" Kagome questioned.

"That's kind of what they did," Inu Yasha decided to explain as they continued heading back towards the house. "Miroku, being what he is has to request permission to marry, and part of the ritual is to take the journey to get a blessing from whoever is highest in order at the time, and the couple has to make the trip there and back without any help, if they receive the blessing, and make the trip, they are permitted to join their lives together. Am I right?"

"Very close," Miroku answered, "The entire quest represents the trial and tribulations of our lives together, and if a couple can work together, they are truly blessed."

"Oh, kind of like couples counseling." Kagome concluded. This got stares from the rest of their companions.

"Whatever," stated Inu Yasha, "we can get into all of that later. Now that we're here, you have some explaining to do as to why you pushed us into the well."

"We've got some good news, and some bad news." Sango stated. "On second thought, it's all bad news."

*~*

"He's back!"

"Oh, so are you going to strike again?"

"I'm not that stupid, I must wait for now."

"But aren't you giving them time to prepare?"

"What do I care? I can defeat all."

"Really?"

"Did I not defeat that priestess?"

"No, isn't she part of the reason we are both here?"

"You were, are my retainer, and thusly do whatever it is that I command."

"It's hard to command what you can't see or touch."

"It is that attitude that will keep you here, and my vision that will grant me a body."

"Good luck."

"Thank you."

"I was being sarcastic."

"Wait, damn it, I've lost him again!"

"Karma's a bitch, huh?"

"What's that all about?"

'Nothing, nothing at all."