InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ It's Been A Long Time ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha.

Chapter 19: It's been a long time

Kagome listened intently as Inu Yasha paced the room.

"And until we know more, Kaede thinks that you should stay here." Miroku sipped his tea as Sango finished the explanation.

"Since it seems you are not going back anytime soon, would you mind explaining how you managed to get Shippou to dress in this manner?" His grin grew from ear to ear.

"Oh my god! Shippou!" Kagome stood up and ran quickly out the door. Inu Yasha paused to rub his chin.

"I thought it was a bit quiet around here." He shrugged and made to follow Kagome. Sango and Miroku jumped up to hold him back.

"Did you not listen to what we just said?" Miroku questioned.

"Yeah, I heard ya." He spat back. "I was just going to meet Kagome when she came back up. She's already through the well by now. Do you still think that I'm stubborn enough to go against the old woman's advice?" The two slackened their grip on him.

"Actually, yes." They said in a flat unison.

"Well, I'm not…Being paralyzed was hell, I don't want to put myself or Kagome through that again." He dropped his head as his voiced softened on the last thought.

"Wow. We've been gone longer than I thought." Miroku wondered aloud. "Ow!" He rubbed the bump on his head left by his true love's fist.

"Serves you right." Inu Yasha commented to the feuding couple. The entire squabble was interrupted by a familiar cheerful voice.

"I said I was sorry, it's not like we left you there on purpose."

"Still, it took you long enough. OW!!" The retort was cut off as he was repeatedly pounded on the head.

"INU YASHA!" At her shout, Miroku and Sango had finally caught up to the errant hanyou.

"Kid's lucky that he's too big for me to pick him up by the tail." He turned his nose in the air as Shippou stuck out his tongue defiantly.

"Oh, hello Shippou." Miroku smiled broadly at the young fox. "I see that you changed at Kaede's. Though I am sorry I missed your little fashion debut." In less than a fraction of a second, Miroku had a crazed teen-fox holding him in a half nelson as he screamed in pain,

"Shippou, stop it." Kagome demanded. "I swear, if you want to continue staying here with Inu Yasha and me, you will stop acting like him." Shippou halted his assault, and marched off towards the house. Sango ran to Miroku's side, and Kagome was about to follow Shippou when a strong pair of arms snaked in from behind her.

"But I thought you liked the way I acted?" He whispered into her ear with mock hurt. She turned in his arms to face him.

"On you, it works, but I don't want him turning out that way. If he were to become too much like you, he could be considered competition." With that, she kissed him on the cheek and smiled mischievously at him before slipping out of his arms and running back towards the house. Inu Yasha stood there confused until Sango broke the silence.

"She was kidding." She stood up letting Miroku use her as a crutch. "Are you going to stand there all day, or are you coming in?" Snapping out of his revelry, he ran into the house to double check with Kagome that it was just a joke.

"So, how is your plan going so far?"

"None of your business, I'm just waiting for the most opportune moment."

"Umm…ok."

"What's this? No sarcasm? No wit?"

"No. I guess I ran out."

"Is it just me or do you sound a bit different?"

"The imprisonment must be getting to you…"

"True..hard to hear without ears eh?"

"Um…"

"It was a joke."

"Oh yeah…..your losing it."

"That's better."

"What is?"

"Believe it or not, I actually depend on your antagonizing banter so that I am fueled to succeed……..even if it is merely to prove you wrong."

"Whatever."

"Ahh…that hot pot was delicious, who knew that Inu Yasha had that kind of ability?" Mirouku rubbed his stomach blissfully, but his hand somehow moved to rubbing Sango without anyone noticing.

"The original plan was sukiyaki, but I think Mom wanted in on that one." Kagome answered.

"So, when will your mother be back?" Sango asked Kagome, but her grandfather answered for her.

"Mysiu and Trin are putting the final touches on Rudy's punishment." He chewed and swallowed another bite.

"She didn't." Inu Yasha and Kagome jumped up in harmony.

"Yep…They took him clothes shopping." Everyone around fell in embarrassment, except Sango and Miroku.

"What's so bad about that?" Miroku asked curiously.

"Let's hope you never have to experience it." Inu Yasha said ominously as he picked himself and Kagome off of the floor.

"Oh come on. It wasn't that bad and you know it!" Kagome gave him a half shove.

"You try following someone around that seems to be doing something completely pointless…just so you can carry stuff around and accomplish nothing of your own!"

"I did it for nearly four years!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Maybe we weren't gone for nearly as long as I thought." Miroku stated as he and everyone else present watched the quibbling couple.

"Nowwho's the one being punished here?" Trin asked as she paraded in front of the two adults in a yellow sundress.

"Just hush and do as you're told…it's not like you have to carry them around." Kouga grumbled.

"That's the last I want to hear out of both of you. Shippou tore the only dressy clothes you had during his so-called 'punishment.'" She turned to Kouga. "And from what I've seen of Inu Yasha after he goes shopping with Kagome, this should top off things for your little offense."

"That was definitely odd." Jinenji pointed out.

"Well, I for one have never laughed so hard in my life. Makes and old woman fell young again." Kaede stated. "It is however, nice that you have finally finished the building. Now all we can do is wait."

"Excuse me, but I was contacted to come here for some sort of gathering."

Kaede turned to the figure.

"So, Kagura has contacted you as well?"

"Believe it or not. So, um where's Sango?"