InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ Where Were We? ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks to InuGirlTeen for the motivation in putting this out.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha.

Chapter 20: Where were we again?

Kohaku just stood in the opening to the hut nervously rubbing the back of his head.

"Your sister thought you dead." Kaede stated.

"Well, I was kind of far away. When I had come to, I was someplace I had never seen before, and I didn't seek anyone out because I was afraid that this might be another trick." Uneasily, he took a place by the fire.

"Sadly, your sister has gone on a small journey and may not be back for awhile." Jinenji's voice caused the boy to jump. Kohaku regained his composure, and then let his head drop a little.

"In a way, I think that might be a good thing….I'm not sure I would know what to say to her exactly." He gave a nervous chuckle that seemed uneasy in the relative silence.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~

"I think that we should just give up."

"WHAT!"

"No need to waste time on such a fruitless existence."

"Wait, you don't sound quite like yourself…."

"Mellow out dude!"

"Who are you?"

"Umm, isn't this Nirvana?"

"No, go away!"

"Fine, whatever."

"Who was that?"

"You're back!"

"Who were you talking to?"

"Another errant spirit seeking enlightenment, at first I thought it was you and you had given up.'

"How could you have thought something like that?"

"It's not like I can see you."

"Don't you recognize my voice by now?"

"Uhhh….."

"You were blonde in another life, weren't you?"

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~

Inu Yasha was in a large chair with Kagome in his lap. Sango sat slightly annoyed on the couch as Miroku was excitedly playing video-games with Souta. They kept the sound down since Grandpa was already asleep in his room. Shippou was in the bathroom for the moment. There was a slightly uncomfortable silence in the room. Kagome elbowed Inu Yasha in his ribs, and he stopped running his fingers through her hair to look at her. She jerked her head over to the sighing Sango. Inu Yasha mouthed a silent 'o' and called out to Miroku.

"Yo, Miroku, I might be a little dense on the subject, but didn't you just go through an awful lot so that you could get a little closer to Sango?" The monk winced and looked like he'd been struck with his own staff. He turned to Sango; she sat up a little straighter on the couch as he faced her.

"I'm sorry," He said sounding ashamed, "did you want to play too?" Inu Yasha, Kagome and Sota face faulted as Miroku snatched and offered up the controller in the teenager's hand. Sango's eyes grew wide with some implacable emotion. She then stood up and stalked over to Miroku.

"Of course I want to play! Thank you for finally offering!" She smiled and took the controller while Miroku explained how it worked to the best of his own knowledge. Everyone else simply stared on with their mouths open. Their amazement was broken when the door flew open and a pink and blue blur ran by. Shippou stepped out just in time to get plowed by the streak that revealed itself as Trin. Her hands were gripping his shoulders as she looked at him and gave a low growl.

"This is all your fault!" She screamed at the now half deaf fox demon. "If you hadn't destroyed my clothes I would not have had to go through that torture!" He hands snaked awfully close to Shippou's throat, but they were stopped by a larger pair grabbing her wrists. Shippou looked up to see Kouga.

"That is enough Trin! Now go to your room!" He placed her hands at her sides and turned her in the direction that she needed to walk. She grumbled the entire way. Shippou just stared, and then turned his head towards Inu Yasha, who was wearing a lop-sided smirk.

"You were going to let strangle me." He stated. "You were really going to let her strangle me!" Inu Yasha shrugged at the comment.

"So what? I'm not her father, wouldn't have done me any good to punish her." Kagome gave him a worried look.

"What?" She asked, looking back and forth between Inu Yasha and Kouga.

"I'll let you handle this one; I've still got stuff to bring in." Kouga stated. "Oh, the curse of being rich, strong, and handsome." He said dramatically as he walked back out to the car.

"Oh, come on, he totally set you up on that one." Souta exclaimed. Sango and Miroku had paused their game.

"Well, it was a serious question that Kagome asked." Sango stated.

"Really?" Kagome squeaked.

"Yes, Kagome, it is." He seemed to consider how to put things for a moment. "Do you remember all of those times you sat me for 'bothering' Shippou when he was younger?"

"Yes." Her eyes widened. "You were trying to discipline him, and I stopped you?"

"Hey." Shippou protested.

"Yeah, but it wouldn't have mattered any way. I'm not his parent, in this situation, Kagome, you were. I couldn't do anything as long as he saw you as his mother."

"What?" She said with surprise. She looked at Shippou and he blushed.

"Well, yeah. My parents were both dead, and you were the first one to take me in."

"How come you didn't see Inu Yasha as a parent?" she asked.

"Well, you were dominant to him….I saw him more like a big brother."

"I still don't think I understand." Inu Yasha rubbed her back.

"How many times did you yell at me, or sit me within the first week of meeting Shippou?" He asked.

"Oh," realization hit, "it looked like I was in control, so he listened to me, and since Kouga is around that's why it wouldn't have done you any good to punish Trin."

"I think you have it." Inu Yasha said.

"As interesting as all of this is, two of us in this room have school for at least another week, so I'm going to bed. Come on Shippou, with guests, I'm sure your sleeping in my room." Souta stated.

"I'm not tired." Shippou stated.

"Would you rather sit down here with all of the lovebirds as they talk all serious? I doubt it's going to be all that exciting once Mom comes in."

"Point taken." Shippou stated as they both turned and walked to the room.

"Are you saying we're boring?" Kagome asked.

"Let it go." said Inu Yasha.

"You're grandfather sure can sleep through a lot." Miroku stated.

"Ear plugs." Inu Yasha and Kagome stated creepily together. At that point, Kouga came in the door again, but the only thing he was carrying was Kagome's mom. She was giggling like a schoolgirl, and didn't seem to notice anyone else in the room.

"I'll get the stuff tomorrow." Kouga said throatily as he whisked Mysiu up the stairs to the bedroom. The whole group gave a physical shiver.

"I so did not need to know that they did stuff like that." Kagome said

"At least your hearing and sense of smell aren't as sensitive as mine." Inu Yasha stated. Everyone gave a groan, and then Kagome yawned.

"Souta was right about one thing." She turned to Miroku and Sango. "You two can sleep in my room if you want. It's the one at the top of the stairs. Good night." She and Inu Yasha went into his room. Miroku grabbed Sango's hand.

"We have got to get some of these locking doors for our home." Miroku said with a smirk.

"Don't I know it." Sango stated before Kissing the man in front of her.

********************************************************* ******************************************************************

Ummm…Here it is. I found some time, I've quit my job, but I still go to school, and now I'm running the first anime club this school has ever had. Sorry this stuff takes so long. I have other projects to work on, so maybe I'll give excuses some other time, but I might just update faster if my review count at fanfiction.net reaches at least..oh 35? someone has to review somewhere for an eventual update, so later!

Dexter's Sister