InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ Someone Owes an Explanation ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha

Chapter 23: Somebody owes an explanation.

Duncan and Deirdre shot each other a look that seemed to say everything and nothing all at the same time.

“Well?” Inu Yasha interrupted their silent conversation. The couple both shrugged and rolled their eyes.

“I guess we owe you some explanations, huh?” Duncan said.

“I’ll say.” Grumbled Inu Yasha.

“Inu Yasha!” Kagome yelled.

‘I think this would move more quickly if we sat down in the living room and allowed me to explain.’ A voice came into their heads and it occurred to the hanyou and his mate that it was coming from Deirdre.

The group headed into the next room and sat down together around a low squat table.

‘As you can tell, I do not speak in the same way that you do, but that is a long story that has nothing to do with why we are here, the most you need to know about us is that Duncan over there is an Elf, and I am a daughter of Bastet, or something similar to your demons.’

“You’re already lying.” Inu Yasha interrupted once again. “If your nose is anything like mine you would know that I could smell that you are no more than a half demon.”

‘Fine if it will allow me to continue, my father was a human, but that is of no concern here. What does concern you is that my friend and I are researchers of myths and legends.’

“Actually, I’m a psychologist.” Duncan said.

‘But that holds no bearing on the current situation.’ Deirdre glared at him.

“Are you sure you two aren’t involved?” Kagome asked.

‘I see you are as stubborn as the loud one… I mean Abby.’ Duncan’s glare caused her to correct herself. ‘Anyhow, Duncan and I are not and could never be involved for he is a homosexual. Now, if I may continue.’

“What’s a homosexual? I haven’t heard that word before.” Inu Yasha stated.

“Honey, it means that if I didn’t know what I know I would be trying to take you for myself right here and now.” Duncan’s statement did nothing to clear up the half-demon’s confusion.

“I’ll tell you later.” Kagome told him, and then to Deirdre, “Please, continue.”

‘Thank you, anyhow, I was doing some research and I found out about the two of you and a trial you are about to undertake. Sadly, I was not able to find the part of the text that explained how and whether or not you succeeded in your latest adventure. I was so intrigued by it that I had to see if the rumor that you traveled through time was true, and now that I know that it is, I will also get my wish to find out the conclusion of your tale.’ Deirdre sighed as she finished her story.

“Well, if you give Inu Yasha and me a minute alone to talk it over, we’ll see what happens next.” Kagome stated.

She stood up and Inu Yasha followed as she headed upstairs to her room.

“Take your time.” Duncan said coolly. When the duo made it to the room, Kagome closed the door. Inu Yasha was the first to speak.

“Before this goes any further, could you just tell me what that word means?”





Ok, I guess it’s time, for my explanations on my long absence. This may be even longer than the chapter, and could probably be a story on its own When I last left you, I was on my summer break from school, I returned to school for my final semester where part of my graduation requirement was an internship, so I had a day where I would go to school from 7am to 6pm, then go to work until 1am and start the cycle all over again. Not surprising, but I had a nervous breakdown, but still managed to finish all of my classes in the process. I then moved into an apartment with my college roommates, who happened to be boyfriend and girlfriend, this meant that I had to find a new job since my breakdown had caused the loss of my previous one. This process was made extra hard by the fact that we did not have a phone in the new apartment, and even when one was installed, all of the lines were cut, so it did not work. Without getting into too many details, my roommates stopped talking to me around January, and I was still looking for a job from sun up to sun down. I did manage a great job, but only with a lot of help from some supportive friends. I started the job in February. I am now a full time pastry cook for a very prominent hotel. This consists of early mornings and quite often days lasting up to twenty hours. I was on a constant switch from day to night shift. My roommates were still not talking to me, but would not tell me why when I asked. So, I decided I should try to look for a new place to live and informed them of my intentions. The last week in March, my Grandmother died, so I had to fly home for the funeral, upon my return, my roommates had moved out into the apartment across the hall. Since rent is due on the first, this gave me no time to find something, but with the help of some co-workers and my parents, I moved out quite quickly, and am now in a slightly overpriced efficiency apartment, but it is in a good place. I was left without any furniture, no television, and nothing but my clock radio as contact to the outside world. I only recently purchased a TV, but I do not have cable or a DVD player, so I am slowly building up some stuff, the reason I haven’t typed sooner deals with the fact that the only time I did get off from work I ended up seriously ill to the point that I was hallucinating. I am truly sorry for the delay, but I will do my best to not let such a long gap go on in my writing. An extreme sorry for InuGirl Teen, I am sorry to lose such a loyal fan, I hope you understand that I just now received all of your wonderful reviews, and thank you for your patronage!