InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ Sometimes You Have To Be Supportive ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha
 
Chapter 24: Sometimes You Have To Be Supportive
 
“Oh.” Inu Yasha replied, “So, that's what that word means.” He just sat on the edge of the bed in silence. Kagome blinked as if she were stunned and sat down next to him.
“Are you sure that's all you have to say? You're acting like it's no big deal. When I explained how the toilet worked you were amazed, but I tell you that another man is making moves on you, you act like it's an everyday thing.”
“There are plenty of people like him in my time, they just aren't so open about it, and they used a different word.” He turned to look at her. “It's what kabuki houses are for.”
“That's true `homosexual' is an English word.” She looked down at her and began tapping her pointer fingers together. “I just never really thought about it….” She looked down at her hands and began tapping her pointer fingers together. Her mumbling was cut off when Inu Yasha grabbed her chin and gave her a kiss. He pulled away slowly and looked deeply into her eyes.
“Seriously now, even you couldn't have thought that no one like that existed in my time.” He grinned at her. “C'mon, with certain demons that we've fought you should have known better. Besides, you have nothing to worry about, I'm all yours.”
“Thank you, but what's bugging me is the fact that you seem to understand it so well.” She smiled up at him.
“If it makes you feel any better, just because I seem to understand it does not mean I know how to deal with it.” He looked at her more intently. “When I guy shows an interest in you I can deal with that, all I have to do is show a little teeth and they go away. When a guy shows an interest in me, well, I don't think that will get rid of him.”
“Hm,” Kagome took on a thoughtful look. “I guess this means I'll have to show a little teeth of my own.” She grinned, tapped him on the nose and let her finger rest on the spot. He leaned his head back slightly so her finger slid to his lips, he nipped at it gently and began to purr seductively.
“If you're busy showing your teeth, whose going to keep me from sneaking up behind you?” He stared at her lovingly as she smirked up at him.
“Who said I wanted to keep you away?” She giggled as he grabbed her around the waist. He fell onto the bed, dragging her with him. He rolled her onto her side and stared into her eyes.
“I just feel like being attractive to a guy makes me less of a man.” He seemed sort of downcast, and this bothered Kagome.
“Let me tell you, being attractive does not make you any less of a man.” She sealed the statement by initiating a passionate kiss. His arms snaked closer around her so that he could pull her closer. They lay there in the loving embrace with their lips together, neither wanting to move.
Their bliss was abruptly broken by a knock on the door.
“I hate to interrupt, but there are some slightly more pressing matters at hand.” Kagome let out a disappointed sigh, and then a look of fear crept over her face as she looked at Inu Yasha. His bangs were shadowing his face as a threatening growl of annoyance slowly built its way up from his chest to escape from his lips. His eyes opened to reveal crimson orbs.
“Duncan! Run as fast as you can. RIGHT NOW!” She tried to sit up and reach for the door, but Inu Yasha grabbed her shoulders tightly and narrowed his eyes at her. He bent down over her and gripped the bridge of her nose in his teeth. “Inu…Yasha?” She questioned guardedly.
He growled lowly once again moved his attention down to the junction of her shoulder and neck. He snuffled the spot, and then whined a bit.
 
“Inu Yasha, the wedding is only weeks away, we both agreed to make it special, I don't think you want to do this now.” She did her best to sound as non-threatening as possible. He cocked his head for a second as if he couldn't understand what she was saying. He followed the look with a whine and began rubbing his cheek against hers. Now, it was Kagome's turn to be confused, she had to stop and think of the situation that she was in.
Inu Yasha was most definitely not in his normal state of mind, but it didn't seem that he was completely controlled by his demon instincts. Both of them were still completely clothed, and he seemed to be making no attempt to remedy that fact.
Kagome felt deep down to the spiritual bond that she and Inu Yasha shared. One benefit of the bond was that she could better understand his demon side. What she sensed caught her by surprise.
She had expected to feel the empty void that comes from being completely controlled by instinct. Instead, she found the unbridled demon blood wanted simply to be reassured. It seemed that Inu Yasha in his normal state wasn't the only one confused by Duncan's strange advances. He had mentioned how the idea of a man liking him was a bit unnerving, she just hadn't understood until that moment how deeply it affected him.
He had only wanted to participate in the small make-out session that she had initiated, when the very person that had made him feel threatened interrupted the very thing he needed to feel better about himself. That just put him over the edge.
Now that she understood his intentions, Kagome reached her arms around his torso and hugged him. Inu Yasha embraced her more tightly and brought her closer. He gave her temple a quick lick and rolled onto his side so that he could hold her to his chest. She used the opportunity to rub her head against his chest. The movement evoked a low purr that lulled her into a light sleep.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
 
Sorry,
I've had this written for awhile, but just not the time to type, my job quite often allows me long bits of time with inactivity, but a laptop has no place in a kitchen, so the most I can get away with is paper and pen. I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter; I wanted to give a little bit of a treat without breaking the rating. I'll do my best to keep typing, believe me I have more written down, just not typed. I may be delayed for the next week though since Dexter is coming to visit me and I'm taking her on a tour of Washington DC and the surrounding area. After that I might be able to work a little faster, but no promises.
Later,
Dexter's Sister