Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Evanescence Of Fantasies ❯ Crossing Over ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CROSSING OVER
Riku stood on the balcony, staring at the view of Hallow Bastion infront of him. His mission has changed and he knew it. No longer was he doing it for Kairi, though he was still determined to get her heart back. He was doing it because Sora was better then him and he moved on with his new friends.
The King's lackeys. He thought darkly. He doesn't even care about Kairi anymore.
"There you are, boy." Maleficent said, coming up behind him, "Something troubling you?"
"What do you think?" He replied angrily. He really wasn't in the mood for her little lectures.
"I think you feel weak compared to your little keyblade friend."
Riku turned to glare at her, "I am stronger then Sora!"
She smirked, "Keep telling yourself that."
He pulled out his blade, "You want me to prove it?" He held the blade towards her neck, "Because I've been aching for practice."
Maleficant chuckled but backed away, "So much anger, Riku. Shouldn't you be happy since you have your dear Kairi back?"
He frowned, putting his blade down, "That's not Kairi, that body in there is a lifeless puppet."
"And you need to find her heart. With the help of..."
"Kingdom Hearts I know!" Riku rolled his eyes, "We got all the Princesses, what are we waiting for?"
"Sora."
Riku turned to look at her in confusion, "What we need him for?"
Maleficent's smile returned, her eyes lighting with amusement, "My dear boy, you really didn't believe that Sora was the keyblade master did you?"
"...he's not?"
"No. Once we get what's rightfully ours then you can open Kingdom Hearts and get Kairi's heart."
Riku couldn't believe his ears. He was really the keyblade master? I knew it! I knew I was the stronger one. And now I can save her!
"You'll save her like you promised." Maleficent said, turning to leave.
"Wait!" Riku said, stopping her, "What did you just say?"
"You'll save her like you promised?" Maleficent said, "Didn't you promise her?"
"Yeah...but I never told you that. How did you know?" Riku stared at her with suspicion. He only told Maleficent that he was looking for a girl, not that he promised her anything.
"I...I don't have time for this foolishness. I have work to get to." Maelficent said before walking off.
"Maleficent!" Riku yelled, but she continued walking. What's she hiding?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Riku walked down the hall wondering where he was at. He's never been in this part of the castle before. He hardly ever got to explore it becuase he was usually busy with Sora or Maleficent would keep him busy. But he knew he was in the basement, that was for sure. It was darker then usual as he looked at the writings on the walls.
He was examining them when he felt something hit him on the head.
"What the-" He looked down at the floor. It was a silver necklace. This looks so familiar...He bent down to pick it up, examining it carefully.
"I'm not from around here."
Riku grabbed his head in pain, feeling like little needles were poking his brain as lights flashed behind his eyelids.
"What you got there?...That's for me?"
"Yeah."
"Shut up..." Riku said, falling to his knees. The voices wouldn't go away.
"A necklace...? It's beautiful, Riku."
"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" He cried out, clutching the necklace into his fist. Why won't they stop?
"Riku!"
Riku...
"Riku!" Maleficent shouted again, trying to get his attention. Riku looked at her in confusion, his eyes watering slightly. "What's wrong? What are you doing down here?"
"I was..." He looked down at the necklace in his fist.
Maleficent followed his gaze, spotting it too. She gasped and practically snatched it from him, "Where did you get this?" She asked angrily.
"I found it." He replied, weakenly getting up, "What's the big deal?"
"This isn't yours!" She hissed in reply.
"Who's is it then?" He asked, looking back at it. What did that thing do to him? It was like two people were having a conversation in his head.
"It's...a girl's."
"I know that!" Riku replied, rolling his eyes in annoyance, "What girl?"
They heard a loud roar as Maleficent looked away, "It's Beast. He's come for his Princess. Most likely your little friend is with him. You know what to do."
"I'm not doing anything until you tell me who's necklace that is!" He yelled.
"It's one of the Princess's, now go." Maelficent answered, turning to leave once more.
There's more to that necklace then she's telling me...and I will find out.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Welcome, Prince." Riku smiled as Beast glared at him.
"Where's Belle?" He growled, clenching his fist dangerously.
Riku rolled his eyes. Right...like I'm just gonna tell him! He has no idea who he's talking to. "Belle's safe...with us. So why don't you just go back to you're little world and watch it get ruined by the heartless like a good Prince?"
Beast's eyes narrowed angrily, "Let Belle go!"
"You want her?" Riku asked, smiling arrogantly, "Come and get her." His smiled widened as he realized that the foolish Prince was actually going to try to defeat him. When will they learn? Before Beast could even come close to Riku, he was on the ground. Riku smiled down at him, holding his blade triumphantly in his hand.
"RIKU!" Great...not him. Riku rolled his eyes and turned to look at the owner of the annoying voice.
"Well if it isn't the keyblade master." He greeted, his eyes locking on the blade that would soon be his.
"What did you do? What's wrong with you?" Sora asked as he checked to see if Beast was ok.
Riku shrugged, "He shouldn't have tried if he wasn't strong enough to take the hit."
Donald quickly pulled out some potions, determined to heal Beast as Sora turned his attention to Riku.
"So why you here now? Let me guess...you want to stop me and save the Princesses, leaving Kairi numb and heartless."
"NO!" Sora cried out, "True, I'm gonna stop you! Riku, you have no idea what you're doing! This is not the way to save Kairi..."
"Enough!" Riku interrupted angrily, "Just hand over the keyblade."
"WHAT?" Sora looked at him in shock, "What do you mean 'hand it over'? I'm not gonna just give it to you!"
Riku's eyes narrowed, "Fine." He stretched his hand out, concentrating hard on the keyblade. Sora gasped in shock as he realized it was actually responding to him.
No...it can't be...
Riku smirked as the keyblade formed in his hand, "Perfect."
"What...how...but I'm the keyblade master!" Sora cried out as Donald and Goofy stared at Riku, dumbfounded.
"Correction...was. Maleficent was right all along. You don't have what it takes to save Kairi, it's all up to me."
"B-but...I fought my way here using it!" Sora said, staring at his hands as if they betrayed him.
"You were only the delivery boy." Riku replied coldly.
"No..." Sora fell to his knees, tears beginning to sting his eyes. How could this happen? I have to save Kairi! How am I going to now?
"Here," Riku threw a wooden sword to Sora, "Go play hero with that." He turned to make his way back to the castle. Time to save Kairi like I promised...
Donald and Goofy looked at Sora with sorrow. It was dead silent, no one knowing what to say. Sora has lost his hope of getting Kairi back...all his hope went into that keyblade, without it he was nothing.
"Come on, Goofy," Donald finally spoke, sadness and regret in his voice, "We must remember our mission."
"But...Sora..." Goofy said, glancing down at the boy once more.
"We have to stay with the keyblade master." Donald replied, "Sora...I'm sorry..."
They turned, leaving Sora on the ground next to Beast.
---------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Riku was happy...no, more then happy. Riku was thrilled! He had the keyblade, he had the king's lackeys, and he now knew he was stronger then Sora! So why did he still feel like something was missing?
"Ah, it's good to see you smile again, boy." Maleficent smiled as she walked up behind him.
"It's good to have something to smile about." Riku replied. Donald and Goofy stood in a corner, far away from Maleficent. She knew they were glaring daggers at her.
"Riku...we have to find the king!" Donald said, turning his attention to the new keyblade master that seemed more excited about being stronger then Sora then saving the worlds.
Maleficent rolled her eyes. I should just kill them...right here. "Does anyone know what this duck is saying?" She asked, recieving a threatening look from Donald.
"He said..."
"I heard him." Riku said, interrupting Goofy as he examined his keyblade with awe, "But we're going to help Kairi first."
"But..."
"What did I just say?" Riku asked, giving Donald a look that said 'if you disagree with me then you'll be lunch for the heartless.'
Donald gulped and backed up against the wall, giving Goofy a helpless glance.
Maleficent smiled, Maybe there's no reason to kill the two imbeciles. Riku's got them under control. When we're done with all our plans then we'll just turn them into heartless.
Maleficent! She heard a voice yell in her head. It was Samara...and she did NOT sound pleased...and a pissed off Samara meant hell for everyone.
Princess...?
She escaped! The little bitch escaped! She somehow got the necklace and got me out of her body! Now she's left Hallow Bastion and I can't find her!!
Maleficent's yellow eyes widened in shock and horror, Lenne's escaped?? How...when?
Just awhile ago...I passed out from the light it caused...but I'm awake now. You do something or hell's gonna look like a paradise after I'm through with you! Once that boy opens that door I want to be able to be there! And I can't without her...FIND HER NOW!
There was little that frightened Maleficent, but Samara was one of them. She gulped, thinking of the tortorous things that Samara would do to her. She had to find Lenne...and quick.
"Maleficent?" Riku asked, staring at her in confusion. She was just standing there, her face going paler then usual.
"Huh...um, yes, boy?" She asked, her mind set on how to find Lenne. Samara always said that that girl was the slipperiest sacrifice of the bloodline. She always managed to escape and send information out to people without people knowing. That's how she managed to save Rinoa for the second time. She sent out a message to Spira for Squall Leonheart to leave to Balamb Garden and protect her. And he succeeded. That pissed Samara off the most...not only did he manage to ruin her plans of killing Rinoa, but he also mixed up her plans to get Rikku...but not for long.
"I said Sora and Beast managed to open the gates, want me to handle them?" He asked, looking alittle worried about the way Maleficent was acting. She was always a cool, calm person.
"Yes, you handle that boy. I have something to do...someone to talk to." She turned and hurriedly left. She had to talk to Ansem...and quick.
"Ok." Riku said, still confused by her actions. He glanced at Donald and Goofy, telling that they weren't comfortable with fighting Sora.
"Just remember this: If you're not with me then you're against me. And I don't take well to enemies." He warned them. Donald and Goofy nodded, gulping in fear, "Good."
--------------------------------------------------------------- --------
"Riku." Sora muttered, seething angrily. Beast was fooled into being trapped outside, so it was only them...and Donald and Goofy. But deep down Sora knew Donald and Goofy would never hurt him.
"Well if it isn't the old keyblade master. Face it, Sora, you're no match for me." Riku held up the keyblade triumphantly, "I'm the keyblade master now."
Sora barely glanced at it, that somewhat angered Riku. He's acting as if he doesn't even care...
"I know now, I no longer need the keyblade." Sora answered, causing Riku to stare at him in shock, "Because I know now that my heart is the only weapon I need."
Riku couldn't hold back his laughter, "Your heart?" Sora's glare darkened as Riku continued to laugh, "What can that pitiful thing do for you?"
"The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"
"Oh really?" Riku asked incredulously, "We'll see about that." He held out his keyblade, using all his energy and power to form a blast that was going to show how weak his heart really was. But before the blast could get to him...it was blocked. What the...?
"No! I'm not gonna let you hurt Sora!" Goofy cried out as he stood protectively before Sora.
"So you'll defy your king?" Riku asked angrily.
"Not on your life!" Goofy responded, equally angry, "But I'm not gonna betray Sora either! Because he's become one of my best friends!"
Riku rolled his eyes and snorted, Friends...? Who needs those when you have power?
"HEY DONALD! CAN YOU TELL KING MICKEY I'M SORRY FOR ME?" Goofy yelled as he stood his ground.
Donald smiled, "WE CAN TELL HIM TOGETHER!" He ran to Goofy's side, smiling at Sora bashfully, "Well...you know, all for one and one for all."
Sora smiled gratefully, "Goofy...Donald...thank you."
"Fine...I'll just take you all down." Riku said, ready to attack.
Goofy and Donald helped Sora up, preparing too. A bright light formed in Sora's hands as the keyblade was brought back to him.
"WHAT? NO WAY!" Riku yelled. The keyblade was suppose to be HIS! How could it go back to Sora? Maleficent was wrong...and if she was wrong about that then what else was she wrong about?
Sora smiled, giving Riku the same cocky look Riku gave him.
"Fine!" Riku grumbled, pulling out his other blade, "But you're still going down!"
---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------
"Gotcha, Lenne." Samara smiled as she opened her eyes to look at Maleficent and the hooded man.
"You found her?" Maleficent asked, trying not to sound anxious. They were in a pitch black room, but they could tell where Samara was by her bright yellow eyes.
"My other sacrifice is with her...and I know a way to contact her and bring her back. It's time we made another deal." Samara smiled. Her and Lenne have made so many deals with eachother...they've made two deals before. Both which caused Riku to forget Lenne.
"What would you like us to do?" Maleficent asked.
"Ansem, you can have the boy. His body will make you much stronger....Maleficent, make sure the keyblade master doesn't do anything to disrupt my plans. I'm gonna be busy killing someone." Samara smiled at the thought of that. It was time another hero fell...it was time she got more stronger heartless.
------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------
Riku fell to his knees, breathing heavily. It can't be...Sora...Sora's winning? He had to do something...and quick.
Sora stood still, waiting for Riku to attack one last time before he finished him off. I hate to do this Riku...but I need to knock you out...at least for a little while. Once I fix things then things will go back to normal.
That's what you think...
Sora looked around, taking his attention off of Riku. What? Who's there?
Riku saw his opportunity. He quickly got up and charged after Sora as his attention was elsewhere...Sora was a goner...
"No, Riku! Please, Don't do it!" A voice in his head begged. He stopped, inches away from Sora. K-Kairi...? But he knew it wasn't her. That wasn't Kairi's voice.
Sora stopped looking around just in time to see Riku in a daze, he quickly hit him causing Riku to fall to the ground in defeat.
Son of a.... Everything went black.
---------------------------------------------------------------- ------