Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible Love ❯ Birthday Boy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Invisible Love
Chapter 2: Birthday Boy
 
Trying not to pester Ienzo and Myde any further I had laid down on the backseat and fallen asleep. Not too long later they woke me up. Stepping out of the car I stretch my cramped limbs and run a hand through my crimson spikes. That is, while Ienzo moves to the trunk and pops it open.
 
“Finally here? Well it's about time! I was getting a little cramped up in there. Myde's trunk is so much bigger!”
 
Spinning around I shake my head at him. He's worse than our manager Braig. Unlike the other members his name stayed the same as well as his pink hair and eyes. Marly, short for Marluxia wears light brown slacks and a pink dress shirt.
 
He never changes.
 
Marly wraps his arm over my shoulders, “Ready to get this gig a going Axel?”
 
I scoff, “As long as you don't disappear half way into it.”
 
He feigns hurt before laughing, “I couldn't leave you three alone. But this time it's not all night the last few hours we get to party!”
 
Rolling my eyes I slink away from him and walk closer to Myde and Ienzo. The house before us is not a house…it's about 3 houses…a mansion! As I gape at the monster before me, a boy in his 20th year of life sprints out to meet us.
 
His chestnut hair defies all laws of gravity by spiking in every direction. Some of it cascades down just before his azure eyes. The man looks us up and down. “Good to see you all here…where's your manager, wasn't he coming too?”
 
Ienzo rolls his eyes, “He likes to be fashionably late or anything with an entrance, sorry.”
 
Just then a black jaguar with neon purple streaks down its side skids to a halt about five feet from me. A man with white and black hair ending in a ponytail steps out. A black eye-patch shields his right eye and a long black cloak flows down to his feet, matching his black slacks and black t-shirt with purple zigzags along the hems.
 
This is a guy that you would not want to give a gun to. If you were a friend you'd get away but otherwise, you'd be dead on the spot. When we first met he used to take us out to the shooting ranger. He's a little trigger happy when it comes down it all. Braig just about shot poor Myde in the head because he hadn't moved fast enough. As angry as Ienzo was at that he continued to let Braig manage us and all our gigs. We're like a family though which is more than I could ask for.
 
Braig walks up and shakes the man's hand, “My name's Braig, you can call me Xiggy if you want. At least that's what these people call me,” he swivels back around to us the second he lets go of his hand, “Guys this is your employer, Sora.”
 
Sora grins at us, “Okay let's get this party on the go. Kairi's in the pack setting up the food and everyone is already in the house waiting to surprise him. After an hour or so you all can join in if you want. I'll pay you for the time you're here though.”
 
Ienzo nods, “Better get started.”
 
The brunet led us to the backyard where a medium sized stage was setup. All our equipment was already up there and just waiting. Not wasting any time I hop up over the ledge and onto the platform.
 
“When's birthday boy gonna be here?”
 
“In five minutes…so I'll see you all then.” he says looking at his watch before running off into the inside.
 
Scattered around the edges of the large lawn are tables for eating and seating. Long metal tables litter the fence line behind the sitting tables with piles of food, drink, liquor, and presents idle. I stand up here drooling at the site.
 
I should've eaten something.
 
I stride over to the stand with my guitar on it and pick it up. The black strap slips on around me as I run my fingers over the instrument. It's just the way I like it; black with red flames around the edges.
 
Ienzo stands confidently behind his metallic coal colored keyboard. Unlike the usual ones his keys are a deep purple where if it gets dark, no one can see what he's hitting.
 
Marluxia saunters over to his black and pink drum-set and locks the drum-sticks. Demyx waits in front of the microphone with me next to him. Ienzo is off to the right side, from the crowd's view, and Marluxia is in the back. Braig has managed to disappear and will re-appear once everything gets started so he can snag some food.
 
From out here I can hear birthday boy's friends scream “happy birthday” to him. At that point I slip on my headset so I'm not forced to stand in front of a microphone. I glance around at everyone in turn as the door to the house opens.
 
I feel my eyes widen as I let my emerald orbs trail over his frame; long silver hair, confident aquamarine gems, and a slim yet strong confident frame covered all in black. Birthday Boy's the most beautiful being I have ever laid eyes on.