Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible Love ❯ Still A Nobody ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Invisible Love
Chapter 3: Still a Nobody

Myde grabs ahold of the stand, "Happy 21st Birthday Riku! Come on up here."
 
The lunar haired boy saunters up the stairs on the side of the stage. The second he's up here he places a long fingered hand with black nailpolish on his hip. "Thanks, so what's your band name?"
 
Attempting to grab the gothic angel's attention I answer before Myde can. "We're The Forgotten."
 
He as so much doesn't even give me a hint of a glance. Instead he hops down into the crowd, "Alright then, let's see what you got. Show me your first ever song then."
 
Myde nods to me before glancing back at the crowd. With a deep breath the beat starts up as we play from pure memory.
 
I see nothing in your eyes, and the more I see the less I like.
Is it over yet, in my head?
I know nothing of your kind, and I won't reveal your evil mind.
Is it over yet? I can't win.
So sacrifice yourself, and let me have what's left.
I know that I can find the fire in your eyes.
I'm going all the way, get away, please.
You take the breath right out of me.
You left a hole where my heart should be.
You got to fight just to make it through,
'cause I will be the death of you.
This will be all over soon.
Pour salt into the open wound.
Is it over yet? Let me in.
So sacrifice yourself, and let me have what's left.
I know that I can find the fire in your eyes.
I'm going all the way, get away, please.
You take the breath right out of me.
You left a hole where my heart should be.
You got to fight just to make it through,
'cause I will be the death of you.
I'm waiting, I'm hating, realize, start HIDING!
You take the breath right out of me.
You left a hole where my heart should be.
You got to fight just to make it through,
'cause I will be the death of you.
 
As the music dies down everyone claps. Most likely because they have no idea what the song was about. But as I turn my gaze down at Riku I see all the bent up emotions in his eyes. I step forward but before I can do anything more Marluxia strikes up another beat with Ienzo joining in. Strumming the strings of my guitar I follow his back through the crowd.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The hours seemed to pass by slowly as we played song after song. I can't even recall which ones they happened to be, much less in what order. Sora bounds up the steps to greet us.
 
"That was amazing! I don't know how you're not famous yet." a soft chuckle escapes his pink lips. "Well the party's over in an hour. I lost track of time, sorry. I'll talk to Braig about it. I'm just going to turn the stereo on."
 
Three sets of eyes fall on me like the plague before my fellow band members disappear.
 
Damn...that's right...my turn to take everything to the car.
 
I grab hold of the drums and walk them out. I catch sight of Myde's car a little ways to the side. He must have drove here first to get things set up. So I pack the drums into his trunk. Making second and last trip I grip the keyboard in my arms while my guitar dangles on my back. I reach out three of my fingers to open the door.
 
Should've left the damn thing open and I should've made three trips. Damn...
 
Finally wrapping my hand around the handle I yank it open only to stumble back. I try to sway to avoid falling back and smashing my accoustic but it just doesn't work.
 
I don't hit the ground though. Instead two hands press firmly into my back and push me back to my feet. Letting out a sigh a relief I stuff the two into the car and turn to my rescuer.
 
My words catch in my throat as I lay eyes on Riku standing smugly in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest.
 
"Don't I get a thanks or something?"
 
I rub the back of my head nervously. "Oh right, thanks."
 
He simply just rolls his eyes and sticks his hand out. "Great show."
 
I move to grip his hand but I trip over my own feet and I fall ontop of him on the ground. Thankfully I had thrown my hands behind his head at the last second of thought, because he probably would have a concussion right now. As for me, I just have bloody knuckles and butterflies.
 
"I think I deserve that thank you now." I state with a smirk on my lips.
 
He shakes his head in my hands, "But you're the one that caused this. You should be apologizing."
 
This guy won't let me get anywhere. We just keep going in freaking circles!
 
Riku brings his hand up and shoves me to the side. As I lie on my back I stare up at him. I push myself up onto my elbows.
 
"That was rude, yo."
 
"What's your name?"
 
"Lea but you can call me Axel, why you wanna go somewhere?"
 
"No, so I know who to avoid."
 
I narrow my eyes up at him in disbelief. What a snobish punk. I'd deck him if he wasn't so...whatever. I pull myself to my feet and dust off my attire before shutting Myde's car door and following Riku back toward the gate to get into the party. He goes straight to Sora and picks up a conversation.
 
Taking the hint I move over to the food station. Grabbing a small slice of cake, not so hungry now, I take a seat at a deserted table. Within seconds a 20 year old girl with maroon hair and eyes sits across from me. She wears a pink tube-top and an equally pink jean skirt.
 
"So you're Lea right?"
 
"Just call me Axel."
 
"You did a great job tonight."
 
"You don't have to pretend Kairi. I remember everything that my Nobody did and I'm sorry."
 
She smiles gently and places her hand on mine. "Don't be Axel, Sora told me everything. So, don't let Riku get you down."
 
I pull my hand away, a little wary of the affection. "What happened to him. Last I saw of him in Castle Oblivion, he was perfectly fine."
 
"He just came back and drifted farther away from us. Sora and I tried dating so I think that's what it was. Even though we didn't work out, Riku never did talk to us much, even now."
 
"So that's the reason for all the black?"
 
At that I get a soft laugh out of her, "He kinda looks like a vampire now. A little creepy and different, but Sora and I still love him. That's why we threw this big party. Sora found your band on the net and we booked you. Are all the others here too?"
 
"I only know Braig, Ienzo, Myde, and Marly. I'm not too sure about anyone else. But we all have our memories...unfortunately."
 
"I'm sorry Axel..."
 
Kairi flashes a bittersweet heartmelter at me and I can't help but turn away from her. Our destinies were shattered by being split from our true selves and now that we're back, it's so hard. Especially now that Sora has pulled us into his life again and the second he did that I was forced to meet up with the real Riku not that phony replica Vexen had made.
 
The table shifts as Kairi stands. Before she returns to her two friends she lays her hand on my shoulder. "Stay strong Axel and don't forget, you have friends now. Not just an ally but a friend. You're not a nobody anymore."
 
To her and everyone else I'm not...but to Riku, I might as well be dust in the wind.