Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible Love ❯ Save a Life ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorry it's taken so long to get out. I don't own anything below. The song lyrics that Axel sings are from the song Colors by the band Crossfade. I suggest looking it up on Youtube and finding a kawaii little video. Enjoy.

Invisible Love
Chapter 6: Save a Life

Without missing a beat, I'm hovering over the small group. “What's going on? Why’d you scream?”

Kairi's worried countenance turns up at me, “He's not breathing!”

I shove everyone to the side as I fall to my knees beside his cold body. With frantic fingers I roll over all the points of the body, searching for that pulse. Growling in anger I hover before his ashen face. Thinking back to my training in high school, I let instincts take over.

Replaying the automatic motions of CPR I breath deep into Riku before compressing his chest x amount of times. All around me is a blur, while the only thing I'm solely focused on is saving him.

Minutes pass by as if I'm leaning over repeating my actions for all eternity. However, as hard as I try, no response emits from the body beneath me. I stare down at the closed lids covering those shining orbs of glistening ocean.

Why couldn't I save him? Am I not supposed to have anyone? Or is it the fact that he wasn't with me to begin with, not even friend wise?

The group of friendly people around me seems to have taken the hint and sulk down onto the sand. Sobs escape someone and maybe even more than one, but I wouldn't know. The scenery and faces are still faded from my reach; the only thing visible is Riku.

Pats land on my shoulder, only noticed by a haze of skin resting on me. They all leave me alone as I kneel beside the icy body. I brush back a strand of snow hair from his face before letting my hand fall back down onto the warm sand. Even the sun cannot make me feel less numb than I already am.

Please Riku…

Slowly I let words slip easily from my lips. A secret song I had kept from everyone else. The syllables flick off my tongue, keeping with a silent melody.

“Can you feel it crush you? does it seem to bring the worst in you out?There's no running away from these things that hold you down.Do they complicate you because they make you feel like this?Of all the colors that you've shined, this is surely not your best.But you should know these colors that you're shining are, surely not the best colors that you shine…Surely not the best colors that you shine.”

I intertwine my fingers with Riku as I continue, uninterrupted, transfixed by my own haunting lyrics.

“I know you feel alone yeah, and no one else can figure you out.But don't you ever turn away from the ones that help you down.Well they'd love to save you; don't you know they love to see you smile?But these colors that you've shined are surely not your style.But you should know these colors that you're shining are, surely not the best colors that you shine…Surely not the best colors that you shine.”

“I know you're feeling like you’re lost, but you should know these colors that you’re shining are…I know you’re feeling like you're lost, you feel like you've drifted way too far. Did you know these colors that you're shining are…Surely not he best colors that you shine…Surely no the best colors that you shine…”

I feel sets of eyes stare at me as I finish off the last of the song. Myde's angelic voice whispers in my ear, “Axel where did you come up with that song?”

The corners of my eyes itch as I recall the memory. “I had just learned of Riku and I knew…just from the way we studied him…me and Zexion…and the way Sora prattled on about finding him…that this…song was perfect. I didn't know that Lea actually wrote it.”

Myde moves away once more as the siren of an ambulance hangs in the air. I lean my head down onto Riku's chest in one last attempt to search for a heartbeat, even if it's a faint one. Instead, fingers twitch against my grasp. I shoot back up into a sitting position as paramedics dash over to us. I'm shooed away by one of the three trained men. He holds me back as they try to perform one last scene of CPR. On the other hand I struggle against the man's hold. After a minute or two they cease the chance revival and heave Riku up into their arms, since stretchers can't roll on sand. My eyes widen in fear, "Stop! He's alive can't you see! I know he is!"

Concern glances from friends flitter over me but I don't care. They can think I'm crazy or even obsessed. None of it matters. Riku's alive and no one notices! They're going to declare him dead unless he has the strength to strike out and defend hi-....

Metal pricks my skin as liquid is forcefully injected into my veins. Horrified, I notice the seringe sticking out of my arm, held by another uniformed figure. Everything flickers in and out of focus till all at once, everything goes black as pitch.