Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible Love ❯ Count Down ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Invisible Love
Chapter 7: Count Down

I crack my eyes open to the surroundings around me. I lay in a small, crisp, white hospital bed with Marly in the chair next to it. He smiles gently at me, "I brought you some clothes to change into. I wouldn't let them touch you. Especially since you would've chewed them out if they would've gone ahead and changed you."

Marly is like the brother I never had. It's one of those connections in life that you know is there and no paper can say that you're not related. Then again with the twisted world now-a-days you never know.

I swing my legs over the lip of the bed and grab the pile of clothes from his outstretched hands. Walking stiffly to the bathroom I change into a regular pair of navy jeans and a white T-shirt. Running a hand through my crimson spikes, I deem myself presentable enough to get the hell out of here.

"Come on Axel the doctor said once you got up we could go meet up with the others. They're in the waiting area you know waiting for someone to give word on Riku. Actually you were only out a few minutes after you got here. They said that you wouldn't calm down so they made you."

I merely nod and let Marly lead me to our destination. The whole time he keeps the conversation going as we walk through the winding, sterile hallways.

"Myde told me about the song you sang at the beach. Braig wants you to perform it at the next gig. Once you help us with the music part it will be a piece of cake. That is since you'll be the main vocals."

If it was under different circumstances I would've have been extremely happy over the news. However, that's not the case.

Marly stops right before the light blue and gray double doors. "You really love him don't you Lea? I mean more than you ever have for anyone else...including Roxas?"

"Yeah...I don't know how it's developed so quickly. I want to help him Marly, I really do."

Marly slinks his arm over my shoulders, "Don't worry about a thing. The second the guy gets out of here, you can double your efforts!"

We chuckle together for a moment before pushing the doors open. A doctor clad in his expected attire stands before the group. Apparently he's already told them the news and by the way everyone has that look of distress on their face, I think I can pretty much guess the gist of it.

Roxas turns his face up at me as he wraps Sora into his arms, "I'm sorry Axel...they say he's not going to make it."

I shrug Marly off of me and bolt out of the room. They shout my name but I keep going. The automatic doors open slowly before allowing me freedom. No one followed me from what I can tell but that doesn't matter, I'm not stopping. I break off into a jog back to the beach, the one place that there's peace plus I know where it is.

All the residents scurry for buildings from the oncoming threat of a nasty squall. As I sprint back onto the sand where we had previously been only moments ago, I finally gaze up at the sky.

The once pearl blue horizon has morphed into a furious coal colored monster with normally cotton-ball clouds now puffed up ready to unleash its rage on those below. A soft drizzle has already started, the prelude to the storm that will most likely rage the rest of the day and night. The pace picks up as the droplets cascade down my upturned face. Tears mix with the cooling rain. It may be able to wash away my tracks in the sand but it can't wash away the pain held deep inside me now.

As I walk the length of the beach the downpour soaks me from head to toe. Glancing out over the crashing waves I catch a hint of pure white. At first it looks like its a person floating along with the current. However as I squint into the darkening world I notice that the figure is indeed walking over the crests.

Flaxen hair falls neatly over a small left shoulder as her petite frame continues toward me. I meet the girl that I haven't seen in a while between shore and water. A calm ocean reflects in her large doe eyes. "Axel...there's more to it than this."

"I thought you were connected back with Kairi."

"Just as Roxas was ripped apart from Sora, I was from Kairi."

"I'm sorry...Namine...for all we put you through."

Pale slim appendages wind themselves around my equally slim waist. "Don't worry about that. Right now we need to leave. We can't stay here with our powers still growing."

A crimson eyebrow of mine quirks up, "What are you talking about? I'm human again."

Namine takes a step back from me, "I can't wait for you to see it, by then it'll be too late. Take me to the hospital so we can get everyone and go." Urgency drips off of her words as the water drips from myself. "Please Axel...I've talked with someone and they can help us, Sora knows them."

Giving into her I nod wearily and as I do my eyes connect with the enormous wave headed straight for us. Instinct moves me to pull Namine into me and attempt to shield her from what might just kill us.

But the impact never comes.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to move?"

Heaving Namine up into my arms I sprint out of the line of fire just as it crashes down where we had previously been standing. Myde rushes over to us with a grin stretching from ear to ear. "Glad to see you're both okay. But who's you're friend Axel?"

Oh right...Demyx had never known Namine when she had fallen into Xemnas's possession.

"This is Namine, she was Kairi's nobody. Anyway, how'd you do that Myde?"

Instead of answering, Myde hangs his head in deep thought. Namine takes the option of giving me the solution. "Because of the fact that a nobody went back into his real body the power that the nobody controlled never truly left, it simply was stored till needed." She smiles up at us both before motioning toward the Myde's car, "Can we go get Riku. If we don't hurry his power will overwhelm him and he'll die. He only has minutes."