Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible Love ❯ See Me, Feel Me ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Invisible Love
Chapter 14: See Me, Feel Me

"You're going to answer me Riku...please...heal me from this burden of confusion." No reply comes except that he pulls away just a little bit. "Why won't you see me Riku? I want you to look at me and touch me and prove that you love me."

Turning around in my arms I'm finally able to see the silent tears that were cascading down his cheeks. Agonized turquoise orbs stare up at me with many other emotions swirling within.

I've never seen him so upset...he's usually the strong one compared to Sora who will spontaneously combust into sobs.

Chilled fingers graze along my jawbone as they travel to entangle themselves in my crimson spikes. I hang my arms on his hips as he leans up and presses our lips together. Just as I expect, fireworks seem to explode inside of every fiber of my being. As the requirement to breathe breaks us apart he rests his forehead against my chest.

"I love you Axel, got that memorized?"

A soft laugh echoes out of me, "Yeah I got it...but are you willing?"

Just as he parts his mouth to give me the answer to the dreaded question a portal opens and out comes four friends. Stepping back to get a better view of them his foot teeters on the lip of the cliff. Braig's arm slings over my shoulders and I lose my grip on him.

Fear ridden eyes lock onto mine when a portal opens beneath him and arms reach out, securely grabbing him. Marluxia shakes his head and pulls Braig away as Namine and Kairi look over the edge for any sign of my silveret.

A portal of darkness opens behind us to reveal a most hated enemy...

...Xemnas...

"Let Riku go!" I yell at the tanned man.

Despite the expected features, he appears as an old man hunched over yet still able to have Riku slung over his shoulder. Thin eyebrows rise in mockery as he strokes his silver goatee. His skin intensifies the golden eyes that seem amused at my frustration. "I don't think that's possible."

"And why is that?" Kairi demands.

"Well you see, after Riku and Sora destroyed my last host's final body, Terra's, I came to the conclusion that I needed a new one. And who better than the boy that Terra had planned on making his heir and becoming the chosen one. Even if the plan went astray he's got darkness in his heart no light can vanquish. Not even Kingdom Hearts could do it!"

His eyes travel across us and I get the impression that if he hadn't had to hold onto Riku he probably wouldn't be facing us right now anyway. Nevertheless desperate that I've become, I summon my fire ridden chakrams into my grasp.

Just as well a Keyblade flashes into the old bag's hand. "I'm the Master...I'm the true Xehanort. You pathetic fools couldn't hope to beat me."

He tosses Riku to the ground like he's a piece of trash that he doesn't want to touch any longer. Marluxia's scythe flowers into his grip and Xigbar holds out his arms while sniper guns stocked full of purple light flashes onto his palms. "Kairi, Namine, stay out of range. We can't protect you at the same time." The two girls scurry over to the pathway, most likely going to retrieve assistance for us. However, I plan to finish this freak off with these two buddies.

Mini whirlwinds with thunder striking inside of them swirl around us and begin to close in slowly. Master Xehanort has his back to us. Nonetheless these spells are deadly accurate and I try to catch a pattern. Slipping past them I sigh and glance back to see if they made it out as well. But the explosion from the colliding air forces send dirt flying into the sky and it rains back down like mist. Taking this to my advantage I scurry over to where Riku was to find him gone.

A hand grips my shoulder and yanks me backward just in time as a Keyblade stabs into the space where I had been. Marluxia slices at the estimated spot where Master Xehanort would be located and keeps him backing away from the looks of it. Xigbar begins firing off shots and I resume my quest for my silveret. I find him crawling through the remaining dust as coughs wrack his lightly muscled frame. Kneeling down beside him I pat his back, "Are you okay?"

I only see the nod before I'm forced to turn back around and lock my chakrams together to form a type of shield from the driving blows of the blunt end of Master Xehanort's weapon. Pulling one away I surround it in fire and stab it into the man's left side.

Oddly enough he merely laughs as nothing but a black liquid begins seeping from the wound I had left. Disgusted and confused I back away and take a defensive stance before Riku, twirling my chakrams in preparation to launch them at his head. Marluxia appears on the side of him with Braig on the other. Riku glances over the old man's shoulder as he steadies Way to Dawn in his grip.

The old master directs his next attack at me as he flings himself forward, attempting to get a hold of any of my body parts, be it hand, foot, whatever. Ice flecks onto my shirt and I scoff. Not ice again!

Surprisingly enough it travels faster than Vexen's ever could as it is able to cover one of my arms within a thirty seconds. Realizing what's happening, Riku bolts into action and stabs that man straight through the stomach, barely missing me. The sword swings back and nails Riku in his side. The throbbing pain sends him to the ground as Braig buries another round into Master Xehanort's body. Marluxia adds to the damage by commanding roots to rise from the earth. They circle around his legs and continue to wrap around his body, mummifying him in a way. Throwing his hand down and letting the tip of the scythe touch the dirt, the roots obey and drag Master Xehanort down into the world's crust where he's buried alive...or whatever he is.

Making sure fire begins melting the ice on my arm I lift Riku to his feet. He wobbles quite a bit and I allow him to lean on my other. Braig and Marluxia look each other over for scratches and by the time they're satisfied my arm is rid of the solidified water. I heft Riku to cradle in my arms and he gladly leans against my torso, relishing in the warmth my element gives off after a fight. The three of us begin a slow and peaceful walk back home.

Marluxia and Braig chat as they stride ahead of us while Riku and I are absorbed in our own conversation. "So is that Keyblade master dead?"

"I would think so. He was only a ghost to begin with...a being of darkness that simply stayed alive to seek vengeance upon Sora and take me as his host. I think he's done now."

"All of that was because of the past right?"

"Yeah...when he took me into that darkness all I could hear were people talking, screaming for each other. A girl yelling names like Ven and Terra and Mickey. A younger Xemnas being shoved out of the darkness by enchanted armor and a Keyblade that I think was the girl's. The Keyblade War triggered this...But it's over now and I'm...I'm more than willing to start a relationship with you, Axel."