Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: Sora's Heart ❯ Traverse Town ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Look, a star's goin' out!” Goofy cried out while pointing to the sky. Donald looked up just in time to see a star flash brightly then fade into the sky. “Come on. Let’s hurry” Donald stated turning. “Where’s that key…” Donald muttered thinking. “Hey, ya know, maybe we ought to go find Leon.” Goofy stated helpfully. Donald didn’t answer and began to walk away. Goofy was about to follow when all the sudden Pluto ran behind them in the opposite direction. Goofy stared at Pluto’s disappearing form, thinking. “Uh, Donald. Ya know, I betcha that-” “Aw, what do you know, you big palooka? Donald interrupted. “What do I know?” Goofy asked himself. “Hmm” He paused for a minute then ran to catch up with Donald yelling “Come on, Pluto.”


*******
I flinched as I felt something warm and wet make contact with my face. I opened my eyes, vision blurry. I groaned. “What a dream…” I muttered to myself. I gave a startled cry as something heavy landed on my chest and I jumped up in shock. “This isn't a dream!” I cried out. I looked around . “Where am I?” I hadn’t a clue. “Oh, boy” I said sighing turning my attention to the energetic dog that had awoken me. I gave him a friendly smile. “Do you know where we are?” I asked as if expecting an answer. I watched as the dogs ears suddenly lifted up and with a flash he turned and ran. “Hey…” I yelled out. I then began to follow the dog out of the alleyway. I stopped and stared in shock at the sight before me. “This is totally weird... I'm, in another world!” I said in awe. I looked around in amazement taking in the view of the tall buildings and cobblestone streets. My eyes found at least something I recognized. An accessory shop. I walked forward and entered the brightly lit shop. “Hey there!” I heard a voice greet energetically. “How can I-” I suddenly heard the voice falter. “Aw, it's only a kid.” I could feel my face heat up. “I'm not a kid!” I protested “And the name's Sora!” I exclaimed at the man behind the counter. “Okay, okay, simmer down.” The man said quickly. “So why the long face, Sora? You lost or somethin'?” “No” I snapped at him then paused. “Well, maybe. Where are we?” Huh? The man gave me a strange look. I took in a deep breath then preceded to tell him my story… “Well, this here is Traverse Town” he answered after I had finished. “Traverse Town... “So, gramps” I said getting him back for the kid comment from earlier. “Is this really another world?” “Don't call me gramps!” the man scolded at me “The name's Cid!” He calmed himself and then continued. “Anyway... Not sure what you're talkin' about, but this sure ain't your island.” I frowned. “Hmm... Guess I'd better start looking for Riku and Laguna.” “Well, good luck with whatever it is you're doing. If you ever run into trouble, you come to me. I'll look out for you.” I smiled tucking my hair behind my ears. He wasn’t such a bad guy after all. After I had finished buying some equipment just incase I might need it along the way. I waved to Cid and promptly left the shop. I jumped back in surprise as a man suddenly ran past me in fright. I watched as he fell onto the ground in his panic. “Hey!” I cried out and ran to help him. Suddenly the man froze and I watched in shock as his body began to disappear. Leaving behind a glowing object in it’s place. On further inspection I realized that it was actually the man‘s heart. I watched as the glowing object began to shift and take shape into a rather familiar creature. It was turning into one of the creatures from the island! The creature lifted its head and looked around then it quietly began to melt into the ground. I ran forward to stop it’s escape and was surprised when my outstretched hand began to glow. I shielded my eyes as the object called the keyblade once again appeared in my hand. I swung it at the creature. The blade slicing through the unsuspecting shadow. It’s body giving a final jerk before disappearing. The keyblade suddenly doing the same. I looked down at my hand for a moment, then closing my eyes began to imagine the strange weapon. I smiled when I felt the weight of the object appear in my hand. “I Can’t believe it…This is amazing!” I thought to myself As I observed the weapon. Keyblade was a good name for it indeed. The shape of the blade was fastened into a rather large key. A glittering object on the end caught my eye and I picked up the small charm to observe it. It was a mouse! “Well that’s strange.” I let the charm drop and allowed the keyblade to dissapear once again. I had to hurry if their was more of those creatures around here Laguna and Riku might need some help. I continued my search of the town. I tried to ignore the sinking feeling In my heart as more time passed. “What if I never find them?” I quickly dismissed the thought. I turned suddenly as a dark object caught my eye. I watched as a dark mass of shadows slid toward me. I summmond the keyblade and crouched down, dodge rolling their attack. Then turning quickly, I began to attack the creatures from behind. They scatterd and then leaped to attack me. I flinched as one of them sliced my shoulder. I stumbled back. Was it just me or was their more than before? I glanced around. “Where are they coming from? I don’t have time for this.” I cleared a path through the creatures and procedded through a large door into what appeared to be another district. “Maybe I can find them here” I felt hope return. “Riku Laguna please be ok.”


********
“Doesn’t look like he’s here” Goofy stated. “Aw phooey” Donald said stomping his foot. “Don’t worry Donald will find him.” “Yhea, Yeah” Donald muttered Brushing past goofy.
********
I sat down on the steps in front of the hotel in the third district. “I can’t believe it. They aren’t here. What am I going to do now?” I had searched everywhere in this entire town and has not even found a trace of Laguna or Riku. I wiped away at the tears that were threatening to fall. “Come on Sora sitting around isn’t going to help” I scolded myself. I Stood up from the steps and headed to the second district. “I should check in with Cid…” Cid looked up as I entered the shop. He took in the look on my face. “Still haven't found 'em?” He asked. I shook my head. “Keep your chin up Girlie. Take another look around town I’m sure you’ll find them.” Thanks I said as I departed from the shop. “One more search couldn’t hurt” I told myself. “Maybe I overlooked something…” “They'll come at you out of nowhere.”
I Heard a Deep voice state. I looked up to see a boy not much older than me appear from the shadows. “Who are you?” I asked. He ignored my question and continued. “And they'll keep on coming at you, as long as you continue to wield the Keyblade.” He paused for a moment “But why? Why would it choose a kid like you?” I narrowed my eyes at him. What was it with people calling me a kid? “Hey, what's that supposed to mean?” I asked trying to keep from yelling. “Never mind.” He said coolly. Now, let me see that Keyblade. “What?” is this this guy for real? There's no way you're getting this!” I stated as I allowed the key to appear in my hand. “All right, then” He reached behind his back and grabbed the hilt of a rather dangerous looking weapon. “Have it your way.” I lifted the blade just in time to block his sudden attack. I could feel my body protest under the sudden weight. I shoved him back. He regained his balance quickly and then advanced again. I tried to attack but he was to fast, blocking every attack I threw at him. I quickly relized that if I was to win I would just have to do the same. I gave up attacking him and concentrated on dodging his lightning fast attacks. Suddenly he stopped and backed up. I stopped as well. My eyes widened when the weapon in his hands began to glow. I watched as he lifted the blade and pointed it at me. “Uh,oh” Whatever this was it wasn’t good. There was a loud bang and I suddenly felt something smash into my chest. I was knocked back from the impact, Suddenly out of air. I grimaced as my body made contact with the wall behind me. Stars danced in front of my eyes. I saw the boy begin to approach me. I stepped forward then dropped to the ground in a dead faint.
********
“Aw…your slipping Leon” He heard a teasing voice say. Leon turned as the optimistic ninja came up behind him. “I went easy on her.” He said looking down at the girl on the ground. “Looks like things are worse than we thought.” “A lot worse.”
********
“Gawrsh, there's nobody here.” Goofy stated as they continued down the empty ally. “Sure is spooky!” He added. Donald frowned “Aw, phooey. I'm not scared.” He froze as he felt something touch his shoulder. He let out a startled cry and jumped into the air. “Excuse me. Did the king send you?” He heard a gentle voice ask. He peered over Goofys shoulder to see a sweet looking girl looking at them intently.

********
“Come on, lazy bum. Wake up.” I heard a voice say teasingly. “Riku?” I thought. I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes. “You okay?” He asked. “I guess…” I said trailing off still feeling dazed. “Those creatures that attacked you are after the Keyblade. But it's your heart they really want, because you wield the Keyblade.” I processed what he was telling me. I then looked up at him and smiled. “I'm so glad you're okay, Riku.” “Riku? Who are you talking about?” The voice suddenly changed “I'm the great ninja Yuffie!” I blushed realizing that the person in front of me was indeed not Riku. “I think you might've overdone it, Squall.” The girl said turning to someone behind her. I was shocked to see the boy from before. “That’s Leon” he corrected her. I glanced around the room and realized that we were in the hotel in the second district. The keyblade I noticed was still safe and was now leaning against the wall. Yuffie fallowed my gaze. “The Keyblade” I muttered. “Yeah, we had to get it away from you to shake off those creatures. It turns out that's how they were tracking you.” “It was the only way to conceal your heart from them. But it won't work for long” Leon added. “Still hard to believe that you of all people are the chosen one.” He reached down picking up the weapon and began to observe it. He then stretched his hand out and I watched as the keyblade disappeared and suddenly appeared in mine. I smiled down at it. “I suppose beggars can't be choosers” he said shaking his head. “Why don't you start making sense?” I asked him ignoring his rude comment. “What's going on here?”
*******
“Okay, you know there are many other worlds out there besides your castle and this town, right?” The girl named Aerith asked. “Yeah” Donald answerd nodding. Goofy coverd his mouth in surprise “But they're supposed to be a secret.” Aerith nodded in agreement. “They've been secret because they've never been connected. Until now. When the Heartless came, everything changed.”
********
The Heartless? I asked trying to understand. “The ones who attacked you, you remember?” I nodded to the ninja. “Those without hearts” Leon added. “The darkness in people's hearts-that's what attracts them. And there is darkness within every heart.” their was a breif moment of silence then Yuffie turned to me suddenly asking “Hey, have you heard of someone named Ansem?”
*********
“Ansem?” Goofy asked. “He was studying the Heartless. He recorded all of his findings in a very detailed report.” Aerith stated. “Gawrsh, uh, can we see it?” Goofy asked. Aerith shook her head “Its pages are scattered everywhere.” “Scattered?” Donald said in surprise. “Too many worlds” Aerith explained. “Oh, then maybe the king went to find 'em.” Goofy said turning to Donald. “Yes, those were my thoughts exactly” Aerith said smiling. “We've gotta find him quick!” Donald said heading our of the room. “Wait!” Donald yelled. “First, we need that "key"!” “That's right. The Keyblade.” Aerith said nodding again.
********
So...this is the key? I asked lifting up the weapon. Exactly! Yuffie yelled out. “The Heartless have great fear of the Keyblade.” Leon stated “That's why they'll keep coming after you no matter what.” His gaze settled on mine. “Well, I didn't ask for this.” I said turning away. “The Keyblade chooses its master. And it chose you.” Yuffie said enthusiastically. “So tough luck.” Leon added. “How did all this happen?” I said beginning to think. “I remember being in my room…” I paused as the images rushed back to me. I shook my head. “Wait a minute! What happened to my home? My island? Riku! Laguna!” I looked up at Leon, he avoided my gaze. “You know what? I really don't know.” He finally stated. He then came up to the bed and stared at me intently. “Sooner or later, the Heartless will find you. You'd best prepare yourself.” “Prepare yourself?” I didn’t understand. “To fight for your life.” My eyes widened. “Are you ready?’