Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Were You a Dream? ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Were You a Dream?

Chapter 2

The door to my hotel room flies open and bangs against the wall. Sticking up head I realize I'm in deep shit. Axel stands in the doorway looking as menacing as always with a timid Marluxia switching nervously from foot to foot behind him. Riku's arms tighten around my waist as if he could protect me from this. We both know that he can't. My red headed friend stomps over to the side of the bed and I shield Riku with my frail blanketed body. "Ax-Axel calm d-down."

The stutter in my voice increases the pure rage emitting from his lanky frame. "You just told me about this pompous ass not less than two hours ago and I come back to see you in bed with him!"

He doesn't get it...him and Marluxia...they were made for each other. Axel doesn't know anything because he got his way to easy. All he did was confront Marluxia and then it started. Nothing...no trials, no complications, no mass rejections, and especially no broken hearts.

"Axel stop leave Zexion alone. I'll leave okay. Just let me get my clothes."

Baffled I cock my head to the side so I can see Riku behind me. "What are you doing?"

"I don't plan on leaving in a body bag." His gentle rose petal lips brush against my cheek. "Don't worry about me okay? Just remember what I said." Throwing his legs over the side of the bed he pulls on his pants and shirt and grabs up his jacket lying on a chair. Flashing a bittersweet smile he disappears out the door.

Marluxia strides further in and shuts the door behind him. "Axel let's go. Zex-"

"What the hell were you thinking!?" I yell at my supposed friend.

"Riku's a scum on the dirtiest floor in this godforsaken town. Get your shit packed Zexion we're leaving!"

"I'm not going anywhere." Comes my calm reply, surprising everyone, including myself, that I recovered my tone so quickly.

"Then I'll drag you out! I'm not letting him hurt you again. You deserve someone so much better, can't you see that!?"

"I don't want anyone better, Axel."

I fall back against the mattress and hold my cheek. The slap still resounds in my head. The sting feels as though it's on the verge of punch and he resisted. "Pack your shit. I'll be back in fifteen minutes to get you." The door trembles in the frame from his wake.

Marluxia uses caution towards me before finally sitting down. "I'm sorry Zexion. When he couldn't find Riku...I don't know. I guess it was just intuition but he knew to come back here, I couldn't stop him."

Running a hand through the hair covering the right side of my face I bring it to rest beneath my chin. "Would you help me Marluxia?" A thin flaxen eyebrow quirks into the air. "Help me sneak out."

Stuffing my Black Berry deep into a small bundle of clothes I swing the duffel bag over my shoulder. I tug my thin black jacket around my body and pull the hood up. Sneaking out the door I bolt towards the stairwell. Yanking the heavy steel door open I sprint down the cement stairs. I can only imagine Axel's reaction. Marluxia hadn't agreed to help me nor had he agreed to rat me out. He just said that he refused to take part in it. Marluxia didn't want to anger Axel further or risk more toward me. So in the end I told him nothing of where and when and let him leave. Five minutes later I had all my suitcases packed and a runaway bag ready.

I break through the door on the lobby floor, glad we were only on the third floor, and rush through a crowd of people to the glass doors depicting a gloomy world outside. Jogging under the overhangs of buildings I attempt to find somewhere to lie low and check my phone. So, I duck into an alley next to a sweet smelling bakery. Fiddling with the zipper I'm finally able to pull out the device and boot it up. Checking my e-mail I discover that I have one from Riku. It's a good thing I never deleted any of my numerous online messaging accounts.

Zex,

I'm going to leave tonight. Meet me at the airport, I have a ticket with your name on it, Flight 6. Sorry bout the friends, I don't want to cause a rift. But, the plane leaves at 8p.m.

Love you,

Riku

I smile to myself in the darkness of the alley and begin to type back a short reply.

Riku,

Just got out. I'll be there. Promise.

Love,

Zex

Now all I've got to do is make it to the airport in 30 minutes. I'll just hitch a ride or step on it. If I get through this, I've got to start running more.

Stepping out I casually begin my way down the sidewalk. Just as I round a corner I try to recall the way to Destiny Island Airport.

Which means I'm about 10 minutes away by car. I can make it.

Slowly picking up speed I catch footsteps headed my way. Groaning I cut bend after bend in a fruitless effort to lose my pursuer. A hand grips my hood and I halt in mid-step. Glaring back into emerald orbs, I try to play calm even though my inside rage with a fury so white-hot at being delayed the one I love.

"Where you going Zexy?"

"No where for you to be concerned about." Back stepping I slam my elbow into his stomach. I'm released as he doubles over from the slight pain.

There's always a benefit from being a normal sized person instead of a freaking giant!

"Get back here!" yells Axel as he reaches for me again.

However a man appears between us and he shoots me an odd look. "Little dude, is this punk bothering you?" Looking up I spot someone I never knew existed.

A lean man with long black hair streaked with white-silver, scars reaching up on his cheek, and an eye patch to match. Not to mention his attire of simple black pants, faded white shirt, and trailing onyx coat. "I just want to get on my way, thank you."

Nodding he lets me continue but obstructs Axel's path. Breathing a sigh of relief I force my legs to move as fast as they possibly can. I circle the spinning doors and skid and shove to the nearest official. "Has Flight 6 left yet?"

"Sorry kid they just started down the runway. Got to be faster than that."