Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Were You a Dream? ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Were You a Dream?
Chapter 4

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

With my head propped against the window Demyx busies himself with the road until we come to a stop outside of a middle-class house. The engine clicks off and Demyx removes his seatbelt. "I can't believe they would be so...blunt."

"Demyx, who were those men and what were they talking about?"

"I-I-I can't tell y-you. Xiggy made me promise."

I open the door and slip out of the Volvo and into the pre-morning air. I strangle the gasp at how unbelievably chill it is as the cold wind slices through my thin clothing. Demyx stumbles over to my side, "Zexy please go into the house and I'll tell you what I can."

"Fine."

I let Demyx lead me up to the door where he rings the doorbell. A light comes to life on the second floor and they make a trail all the way to the door where it opens to reveal a disheveled silver haired man with tanned skin and luminous golden eyes. A voice calls down to him, "Xemnas who is it?"

"Demyx...and a friend. You'd better get down here."

'Xemnas', as he was called, let's us in before dead bolting the door shut behind us. I take a seat next to Demyx on the couch in the ordinary living room. Nothing seems to hint that these two could possibly be in on what happened tonight. Not too later a man with a shock of cerulean hair with a scar of a X on his face takes a seat across from us. Xemnas re-entering with cups of coffee and he sits right next to the man. "What's this about Demyx?"

"Well...Saïx...um...they came to get him. I don't know where Riku is either so I can't warn him and they have Xiggy and I don't know what to do!"

"Calm down and take a deep breath. Now let's get one thing straight. If they're back that means they'll be headed here next. Saïx, go and get our weapons unlocked and the emergency bags for these two." The bluenette leaves and I can't help but to stifle my yawn. "You'll have to leave right away as to not attract any more attention and you will take our stashed truck. You are to go to this address and not stop for anything." Xemnas hands the blonde a slip of paper and stands just as Saïx returns. Two packed duffel bags are handed over to Demyx the second he gets to his feet.

"There are two handguns and a sniper in that bag and there are cell phones, clothes, and other stuff in this one. Don't get onto the plane until Riku advises you to do so, understood?" asks Saïx.

I refuse to let anyone else speak. "I want to know what the hell is going on here!" Saïx glares at me and Xemnas merely stares. "I'm sick of being tossed around and not understand the situation. So either spill it or I'm going no where."

I assume they want me out of the house. Not that I could even try to take on these three in an escape route but still I have to stall and gain some knowledge while I can.

Xemnas shakes his head, "This is not the time nor the place for you to become involved." Almost as if that mere sentence gave instructions, Saïx stomps forward and grabs me by my wrists. "Demyx will have to tell you all about it once you both are safely hidden."

I'm drug out the door even as I effortlessly squirm to get loose. I'm shoved into the passenger side of a black Blazer and buckled in with the seatbelt. A second later Demyx is in the driver seat sticking the key into the ignition. The bags sit idly in the back. That's when I remember. "Where are we going?"

"A mile away from the airport. It's suppose to be our meeting point if this happened. But I didn't know the location till now." He backs us out of the driveway and we speed out once more.
"Tell me what's going on, now."

"You're not going to believe me when I explain."

"Try me."

As we turn onto the highway Demyx begins. "Well people like Riku, Xiggy, me, Xemnas, and Saïx don't age like people here. We're from another plane on this world and at certain times we can cross between them."

"Don't you dare tell me that you are an alien in the sense that everyone believes."

Demyx laughs at my comment, "Nah we're a highly advance society as our teacher used to put it. A while ago our group kidnapped the prince to Sephiroth's throne. He was only about eight then but Sephiroth's personal guard came after us. We wanted to show that our world still isn't perfect and won't be. Well the only way to escape was to cross over onto this plane of existence."

"So when you talk about planes it's not all about the flying type."

"Any ways we left the prince with a random home and kept tabs on him. Our plan was to wait for him to grow up here and then take him back on our side and take the throne and pardon us. Especially since practically everyone in the city got the message and they want Sephiroth gone, even though their lives are great."

Hmm...intersecting realms, princes, rebels, and the bad guys on their tail. A classic tale told in a little girl's storybook before she goes to bed each night. Demyx has got to be joking.

As my thoughts begin to bounce around in my head for a logical explanation I find myself falling back into the black abyss of sleep.

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

I wake by Demyx shaking my shoulder, "We're here." He's at my side helping me out of the car, treating me like royalty and he's the servant. A smile shines on his countenance despite having to lug the heavy bags and partly me to the door of a small shack. Demyx flicks the lights on to reveal a three roomed place; a kitchen, bathroom, and a room with four beds, each covered with thin sheets. The dust appears heavy on everything as if this place hasn't been used for a decade or so.

Demyx drops the bags on one of the beds I'm presuming we won't be using and crashes on the one beside it. I move cautiously over to a bed in the corner and sit down even though I'm wired and it's light out now. A ringing erupts and Demyx frantically digs through items and finally pulls out a vibrating cell phone.

"Hello?...Yeah we're here...How long?...Are they tracking you?...Okay see you both soon!" He snaps the phone shut and returns it to his pocket.

"Who was that?"

"Just Luxord. He should be here soon actually. Once he gets here we're leaving."

"But where are we going?"

"To our world and depending on what they decide you just might get to come with us!"