Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Were You a Dream? ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Were You a Dream?
Chapter 5

^~^~^~^~^

Sitting straight I can't help but to sigh as we wait for the arrival of Demyx's comrades. Nervousness seems to scratch at me for the need to have these new people accept me into their loop. Especially if Riku is apart of it. Even if I still don't fully believe in all this fairytale elements...I would give anything to see the silveret again.

I've been drug into this whole ordeal and I should get away but I just can't. It's as if I know that I can't go back to Axel and Marluxia...and not because Axel doesn't want me anywhere near Riku. It's something else...something I quite can't recall.

To pass the time I strike up a conversation with the blond. "So where is your prince now and why doesn't he just stay away from your group if they kidnapped him?"

"Well Luxord told me that their specialist saw to it that he'd have no memory until the time was right."

"What happens if you take him back to his world? Wouldn't his disappearance frighten and/or alert others?"

A new voice interrupts us, "Oh no, we'd see to it that it would appear as though he was only a dream...a figment of their imagination or merely a day dream."

I look around Demyx to see another blond except his short cut hair is neatly groomed while his swirling bluish green eyes shimmer with excitement. Slacks, a white collared shirt, and onyx leather boots adorn his lean yet muscular frame. Striding forward he eyes me with a limited interest.

Beside him is the one I've wanted. I restrict myself from acting like a fool and remain seated while they approach us. Riku's hair is pulled back with appears to be a black satin ribbon, allowing me to have a perfect view of breath-taking aquamarine orbs.

"It's safe to say that they have no idea where we are. Luxord calculated that we have approximately 48-"

"46 now."

"-hours until they figure it out."

Demyx frowns, "Well does that give us enough time to get our prince and get back?"

Luxord smirks, "Plenty to spare."

Just as the words leave his lips, a fist pounds on the latched door they just came through. Riku shoots a glance at Luxord but the man appears just as bewildered as the rest of us on the matter. Wordlessly Riku tugs on my wrist and leads me through the rear exit with Luxord and Demyx at our heels. We quietly barricade the door from the outside and finish as noises of a successful entry travel to our ears.

"They're not here Axel. Face it, you were wrong." growls the familiar voice of Marluxia.

"Would you shut up or are you a traitor?"

Silence as they shuffle around. Arms wrap around my waist and hold me tight. I turn my gaze up to Riku who glares intently at our handiwork.

I want to move the broken benches and table parts away from the door and go to my friends. The other half of me wants to take this small group and simply run.

I hadn't even noticed that we had backed away from the threshold in time as it smolders to the ground. The boom fading and disappearing as though only we heard it. Axel appears through the clearing of smoke with Marluxia in tow.

"You didn't have to be all showy Axel. You could've lit us both on fire with that thing, especially me!"

"Would you shut your trap Marluxia!" My friends' gazes fall on me and the arms that link around my waist. At the site of our group Axel levels his twin revolvers at us. "Let Zexion go right now!"

Axel's tone surprises the hell out of me. His strict determination, in a way, scares me.

It's almost as if he'd kill anyone in his way to get to me. But why is he acting like this? Why go to such extreme measures for me? I'm nothing that special.

Luxord steps in front of Axel's line up, "There's no need for you to take him back. He's on our side not yours."

Axel's outraged features glare at the blond. "The prince will be going back with us."

Luxord shoots a look at his comrades and their plan shoots into action immediately. I'm hoisted up into Riku's arms as he darts across the pavement to a Corvette. I hop over the consol and into the passenger seat while Riku twists the keys and revs the engine. Bullets ricochet off the rear windshield, effectively shattering the glass.

Axel wouldn't shoot me but I still keep my head tucked out of range. Who could this prince be?

My shoulder slams into the door as Riku skids around a corner and pulls down a regular old neighborhood. My silveret parks the car out of sight of those looking for us but in sight of any normal people wandering by. Blue-green eyes fall on me and show only guilt.

"I'm sorry I got you into this. I promise I'll keep you safe."

Before I can say a word he stretches over and grips the back of my hair, carefully pulling us together. Explosions of happiness trigger all over my body as his lips mold to mine. I timidly place my hands on his chest as he tries to push us together around the hardware of the vehicle.

It's almost as if I become a different person around him. This...feels like...de já vu. Not meaning that it's the same as the other kisses I've received...but as though in some other...dimension I've done this before.

Riku pecks my nose before finally pulling away. "I love you Zexion, remember that."

"I will Riku."

"No...I mean, swear to me that you'll remember how I feel about you even if other things are said and others revealed to you."

"What are you talking about?"

"...I...let's just go get the Prince then we'll talk."

I click the door open and follow Riku up the driveway up to the cozy little house. Pressing the doorbell a melody chimes throughout the house while a "I'm coming" is shouted at us from inside. The oak door does open to reveal one of Riku's dear friends with the friend's boyfriend behind him. The petite brunet latches onto the lunar haired male as he laughs, "Riku it's been so long!"

"I know Sora. I'm sorry I didn't visit. I was...preoccupied." As Sora release his hold on Riku he returns to holding hands with Roxas. "Is it just you two?" Sora nods. "Then let's go inside I need to talk to you about something where prying ears can't hear."

We enter and shut and lock it behind us before moving down into the windowless TV room instead of the living room with bay windows letting the sunshine in.

Riku gets down on both knees, takes a hold of one of Sora's hands, and bows his head. "It's be a long while but I've finally come back for you Prince Sora."

At first Sora looks upon his friend as if he's completely lost his mind. But as Riku finishes the sentence, vibrant blue eyes flash blank before returning. During that interval I seem to black out then come back within the blink of an eye...but now I remember everything.

I'm from the same plane of existence as Riku and everyone else that I've come in to contact with. I was the one on the side of the King. I opened the portal for Axel and Marluxia and had to come with them to open it to get back. They are my friends there and I knew nothing else except obeying what I was told. Riku and I had been bitter enemies with my spells and his vast swordsmanship. Many times we crossed paths and became locked in battle. After awhile we grew to accept each other and started meeting secretly. When things between us and the rebellion became messy...Riku and I didn't see each other until now. In the end I used to much power and erased my memories of my past up until I was adopted into a family here.

Horrified and thrilled all at the same time I back up to the stairs. Sora's eyes lock with mine. I was his training when dabbling in magical arts. We had a mutual relationship in a way.

The rebellion was more than a little group that didn't agree with some policies...they were a small country that could be easily over powered but instead our king made a deal with them even when he didn't want to. But it went wrong...

"Riku...have you found my Dad?"

"No Sephiroth is still in power."

Still looking at me he sighs, "Which means I'm technically not the next runner up...it's Zexion."