Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Were You a Dream? ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Were You a Dream?
Chapter 6

^~^~^~^~^

Riku stands back up and tries to approach me but I keep out of his reach. "Zexion, relax come on please."

My Father...he did this. I wasn't the one they were looking for...I'm the one they wanted to kill. My Father supposedly killed Sora's. Axel and Marluxia...they were just trying to help. I could normally talk myself out of something like this and disappear as if I was never there and return to a normal life in this normal world. My brain just is in overload...

"I...I'd better go."

Roxas advances ahead of Riku and I take another step back. "Sorry but we can't exactly let you go anywhere."

"Don't threaten me Roxas. I know you better than anyone in this room besides Sora."

Twin blades flash into the blond's hands and the blank look on his face tells all. In my own hands, a lexicon materializes. Just as we're about to get into it Sora jumps between us, "Would you two stop it? We have bigger problems to worry about. Now Zexion would you please open up a portal for us?"

"No."

Roxas tightens his grip on his swords, "Why not?"

Riku sighs and finally steps up to the plate, "Let's just rest for a minute there's no rush. We need to meet back up with Luxord and Demyx in about 46 hours so that we can cross over safely without something happening like last time."

Roxas's weapons vanish, "Until then you're our prisoner got it?"

The silveret sadly strides over, "I'll meet you both in the car outside, give me a minute." The two walk out and he leans his forehead against mine. "I didn't think it would unlock your memories too. I'm sorry."

"Sora's Dad is not dead I'm sure of it. I can show you to him...I know where Sephiroth has kept everyone hidden."

"You'd do that?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Brushing his lips against mine I feel my stomach perform somersaults. Riku pulls me close as though the impression is that he never wants to let go of me. I let his tongue rung along my lips before I dare to allow him entry.

The slamming door and pounding footsteps refuse to register until Roxas is loudly clearing his throat. Riku ignores them completely but I gently shove against his chest to make him realize what is going on. Smirking as usual he keeps his arm around my waist and holds me tight against him. "Let me guess they found us already?"

Sora simply nods and Roxas seems to stare straight through us. "What...is going...on?"

Sora bursts out laughing and begins walking toward the back door leading to the backyard where we can most likely escape. "And you call me dull, Roxas. Really you haven't seen it?"

"I don't get what's there to see."

"Riku loves Zexion but its difficult..."

I just keep my eyes to the back of Riku's boots as the brunet takes us into the garage where a single black Jaguar idles. Sora pulls the keys off the, not very well hidden, hook and tosses them to Riku. I climb into the front passenger seat while the two twins take the back. As we drive off we leave Marluxia and Axel in our dust.

It doesn't take very long to reach the beach, the location of where the next spot for a portal should be able to open. Standing just where the water can't touch me I take a deep breath.

I hope I can remember what to do. If not this is not going to prosper well.

Riku's reassuring hand on my shoulder shows me that I have someone who will support me. Subconsciously the words begin filling my mind and spill out of my mouth before I know what is happening. Behind me I hear a car pull up and suspect Luxord and Demyx to be the ones who have arrived. Nonetheless I refuse to stop in my incantation.

In the time frame of blinking a silver warp hole springs to life in front of me. Riku's hand snakes down to grasp my hand. I step through first and everyone else follows.

I've officially stepped out of one life and back into another.