Kuroshitsuji Fan Fiction ❯ Surface ❯ Flying Storm ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
...Please don't kill me? Yuss? ….No?

Surface is still on hiatus basically. I have no idea when i'll get around to it again. But I want everyone to know the feedback I've gotten is amazing and I thank you foreverandeveranever.

….My...only warning is that..well. I've only slept about 2 hours. So. Yeah. My writing wasn't great before..This'll be like a slow chimp wrote it.

-------------------------------

Disclaim; Stays the same chapter to chapter. Unbeta'd. I have bad grammah. Sorry the chapter is short. and. well. You'll see.
--------

Clack. Clack. Clack. Clack.

The hallway wasn't silent. There were mummers of sound spilling out into the empty hallway from behind closed doors.

And yet his shoes echoed off the walls, dancing around invisibly to the naked eye.

Blue eyes glanced up to a sign above one of the many doors.

This was it.

A thought that sounded far more important than the task actually at hand. This was no dire, life or death situation. There was no princess that needed to be saved from the wicked demon.

Demon? Ah, he meant dragon of course. How silly of him.

Leaning up against the pale stiff walls that reflected of the very neatly shined pale floors, he waited his turn.

'Class, please welcome our new student with open arms'

Mm, that was it. The beckoning call of education to come.

He pushed off from the wall, not understanding how one could be completely and utterly bored and nervous as a seal cub abandoned infront of a hungry bear.

Reaching out to grasp the handle, his small hands wrapped around the cool silver. As he did so a shiver ran down his spine.

He paused.

This wasn't right.

Something was very wrong.

And it didn't have to do with the tacky posters that lined some of the walls.

He turned his head, body still in place. By now his body felt frozen even though he could feel the difference in temperature between his hand and the handle it held.

There was a person standing at the end of the opposite side of the hallway. Why hadn't he heard this person coming?

In the back of his mind he figured the class would probably find this quite strange. Him just standing there infront of the door, looking away.

But in the forefront of his mind he was more concerned with other things such as; who on earth had red eyes, and how could he tell that from this far away.

A smirk fell onto the lips of this mysterious person.

'Ah... I found you, Ciel.'

-confused-yet-

It was cold.

And wet.

The rain bit at his skin, and the wind tore away at remaining body heat.

It was hard to see, there were so many faceless shapes. The heat from their anger rolled off in waves, yet it provided no comfort to the boy fighting back the urge to shiver.

A howl ripped through the air, followed by open mouthed screams from the faceless things.

Blood splashed through the bleak blue-gray sky that was England after a hard rain.

It was silent now, besides the sound of tears of the sky falling onto the damp earth.

The only color was red painted across everything, in some sort of morbid work of art.

A sob cut through the new found but short lived silence.

SMACK.

Ciel reeled back clutching at his head. Grimacing he opened an eye to survey what on earth hit his head and woke him from his precious slumber.

And instantly felt guilty.

His mother was similarly clutching her head and wincing.

"My word...heaven forbid a mother watch her only son sleeping for half a second. No, no you have to headbutt her into next week...Aah~ ow that smarts..Now I'm going to have a lovely bruise on the flight..."

Ciel bit his lip, oh he certainly wasn't amused at the pain his mother was feeling. No. That would be cruel.

He frowned a second later, realizing his dream realm had woken him up with a literal bang. He imagined he had woken up with a start, and sat up and smacked into his mother's caring cranium.

"Sorry mum...I didn't mean it."

"Oh. I'm not talking to you. Remember? You hit me into next week. Check back on tuesday."

She smiled playfully, but still rubbing at the sore spot on her head.

He smiled, though it wasn't completely honest to his emotions. As all his dreams did, he was left rather jaded most mornings..if not most days in general.

"I think we both know there is no way you could go a week without speaking to me."

She laughed, "Curse your infinite wisdom. I should have drank when I was pregnant."

"Mum!"

"Get dressed, we have a flight to catch!"

Aah..

That's right, Ciel thought.

Miles away from London, and days past his revolution he found himself back at home. In a house that barely resembled the one he had left for his jaunt to the capital.

Deirdre, his mother, had taken it upon herself (and he was sure a large amount of workmen to do all of the real work) to get everything packed up for their move. He supposed she thought it an act of kindness, not to see his home being placed into brown boxes.

But the fact remained when he had arrived home, he found himself looking at what was essentially the skeleton of the home he had once knew. Sure, it was recognizable, but it lacked what it once had with it's various nicknacks and photo's and thing that in general make a house a home. Much like a corpse, it lacked that sparkle of life.

And soon the only living being's in the place would be on a plane headed for New York, New York.

If everything else on the planet couldn't remind and reinforce Ciel that he was living in the 21st century, one thing assuredly could; The Airport.

Nothing more tedious could be such a perfect reminder.

Madam, please load your bag onto the conveyer belt. Young Sir, please remove your shoes and place them into the bucket along with all jewelery. Madam, please stand on this line. Young sir, please..again..remove all jewelery. Madam, I appologize for the beeping, but the scanner must have picked up on the metal in your underwire. Young sir, please give us your carry on bag, which shall be wiped down and searched for explosives.

"Explosives? He's just a young boy!"

I assure you Madam, this is just run of the mill procedure.

...No, nothing was quite like the airport experience. But at least there was a Cinnabon near by.

But even with the two hour ungodly long wait that was British Airways procedure, everything to Ciel seemed to be moving at a fast rate. Since his meet with Helena, everything had sort of blurred together. Maybe it was the jolt of actually moving to a new home..in a new country no less that had jaded him somewhat, but he suspected the were deeper forces behind it. Nothing in his life anymore was so straight forward.

Regardless, Ciel found himself with a ticket in a first class luxury liner.

Silly him, he had foolishly assumed given their long flight to their new home, that he and his mother would have some quality time together.

Silly, silly him.

As soon as they were able, Deirdre popped up, grabbed him, placed him in a seat that was not his assigned seating arrangement, told him to 'make friends' and then she was off to the round cocktail bar not far away.

It wasn't as though she was an alcoholic, or that she even drank that much. Generally, she'd sip on the same drink for quite some time. She was an actress at heart, even though she was retired, and bars drew her in like a moth to a flame. Wishing to soak up drunk men and women's life stories.

Usually he didn't mind. But usually he wasn't cooped up in a soaring piece of metal next to a total stranger.

At least the stranger was around his age.

"Ah. Sorry, she's a bit..well. You saw. I'll make my way bac-"

"No, no that's alright! I don't mind at all, my older brother ditched me for the bar too. I'd rather have someone to talk to for awhile. It's a long flight."

"Um. Well er, sure. Not that I have anything else to do..." Besides his laptop of course. But it would be rude to completely blow off this person. But honestly, who would have expected a teenager to have any interest in human interaction?

"Ah, wonderful!" The other person had a look about their face that for unknown reasons made Ciel want to smack it into the seat infront of them.

"So, you have a slight accent...German right? Though your English is almost flawless."

This is called the art of subtle insult. As an Englishman, Ciel prided himself in it.

Though the stranger was having none of that, as their smirk grew.

"Austrian actually. Probably. I was born in Austria and then moved to Germany, and then to England. Glad you approve of my accent though,...?"

"Ah, Ciel. Ciel Ph-...La Mer." The other person tilted his head a bit, it didn't seem as though he was confused, but more highly amused. Almost at times, as though he was looking down on Ciel.

This would not go over well with Ciel.

The other boy could probably sense the dislike coming from Ciel at this point, and his blue grey eyes sparkled with mirth.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ciel. My name is Alois."

- ..I.. No. I won't end it here like I planned.-

"Alois? That's a very strange name."

"No stranger than Ciel, I think."

"I'm not named after a Nazi."

Alois just laughed at that, and then flicked a piece of pale blonde hair out of his eyes.

"You're mistaken, my little sky. Neither Alois Hitler was a part of the Nazi movement..."

Ciel was very close to a pout at that point. Of course he knew that. He was hoping Alois didn't know that.

"Regardless, and don't call me that ever, I wouldn't look down at a small child and think 'fame and war would be a great name for our newborn'. Stop smiling you have teeth like a vampire."

"Mm. Vampires are Romanian. I'm Austrian remember?"

"Mm. I think the part you are forgetting is that vampires are complete works of fiction."

"You're quite obviously Team Jacob."

"...What?"

"Hmm? Oh. By the way how old are you. I'm 15."

"..13. And again, what?"

"Don't even worry about it. 13 eh? Great years.."

"...I...you're insane aren't you."

"Quite possibly. My butler tells me so all the time, anyway."

Before Ciel could reply the picture he had seen at Helena's popped back into the forefront of his mind.

Butler, eh?

Curious.

"I ..think I'm going to try and sleep through most of the trip. Alois, it was lovely meeting you but you're giving me a headache the size of Manchester.."

"But you'll miss the best part of the drive!'

"For the love of God, we're in a plane. And what best part? It's the Atlantic ocean. The entire way. Just. Ocean."

"We're in the sky, looking at the ocean! It's like we're in your namesake!"

"I now understand why my mother drinks..."

Ciel muttered and reclined his seat turning over so he no longer had to see those icy eyes or flaxen head with absolutely nothing inside.

The second Ciel was turned away that ever present smirk that was biologically ducttaped to Alois' face faded.

'How funny..this boy has no aura. No presense at all...'

Tilting his blonde head to the side the smirk crawled back, quite missing it's master.

'Just like me... We're two of a kind, little sky.'

-see-you-next-time-
Converting /tmp/phptBfF9S to /dev/stdout