Kuroshitsuji Fan Fiction ❯ Surface ❯ Two Bits Combined ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The flight had gone smoothly enough, Ciel thought.

Apart from being sat next to the encourageable blonde. Thankfully Ciel had fallen asleep through part of the flight, and awoke with a start when the planed landed safely in New York City.

Everyone was ushered off the plane after grabbing their carry-on's out of the overhead compartment.

Alois nattered away at Ciel's ear, while Ciel just pushed on trying his best to ignore everything around him.

They made it into the sitting/waiting area of the airport after leaving the airplane and the long suspended hallway, where Ciel was desperately hoping to see his mother, who was still no where to be seen. It wasn't as if she could have simply vanished from the aircraft.

"I've got to go now Ciel! Call me when you get to your home so we can play out sometime!" Alois wrapped a slender pale arm around Ciel's shoulders. Ciel stiffened at the touch.

There was no way he would ever intentionally speak to this boy again. He was obviously an insane eccentric. And judging by those shoes, had a penchant for crossdressing.

Ciel watched in silent victorship as the blonde began to trot away with only a handbag at his side. While the boy was underaged, it seemed that no one was there to meet him or pick him up. Though he had mentioned something about a butler.

….Butler...

His thoughts were interrupted when Alois suddenly spun on his heals and waved back to Ciel quite loudly,

"Just joking! I know you won't call! So I got your and your mothers numbers out off your phone while you were asleep! Let's be the best of friends! Adieu, Ciel! Mein Freund!"

Ciel was slack jawed as he watched the blonde disappear around a white wall corner.

He made a very large mental memo to change his phone number.

"Aw, did you make your first friend?" Ah. There was his mother. Deirdre looked elegant as always, and not nearly as frazzled as everyone else who had been on the many hour long flight.

"Not even slightly" Ciel shot back. He may or may not have been one of those individiuals.

For the next hour the small family unit spent their time grabbing their luggage from baggage claim, Ciel being glad he didn't see the annoying Austrian boy from the ride here.

They then arranged their ride to their new home. Deirdre wanted to see New York City, but it was decided that could wait and that it would be best to settle in first, especially after a long flight.

As Ciel got seated in their car, a few of Alois's words rang through his head. Thoughts of a butler in a far off fantastical world filled with undead monsters and unknown creatures.

He shut his eyes once more in the vehicle, much like he had done on the airplane. Ignoring the beeps and curses and blustering and boisterous noise of the outside realms.

It was a restless rest. And a sleepless sleep. His dreams usually felt like muddled memories, while this felt like a disturbed nightmare. Almost as if he was watching a play from another persons eyes.

He thought he saw Alois, oddly enough. And oddlier he believed himself Alois for a time. But at the same time it was the face of the Alois he knew, yet completely different at the same time.

And then everything was cloaked in blood.

Deirdre shook Ciel awake. She was smiling softly, but there was a soft crinkle on her brows. She must have noticed something while he slept.

They were home. Or at least, a new home.

_________---------------@@----------------____________
< br> "I met a boy you know."

Claude turned to look at his master. Alois had been oddly silent after getting picked up from the airport, not to mention his normal cheerful state had seemingly vanished, being replaced by quiet.

Claude was certainly not going to press the matter. He had been bonded to the boy more by force than want ever since re-meeting the child's being years after his death.

Of course this Alois, while not being the same person had the same soul and general appearance. The blonde had no memories, and never pushed the matter. Just accepting in stride 5 individuals approaching him and claiming to want to serve him.

Claude was never entirely certain if the boy was simply stupid or crazy or a bit of both.

"A boy, young sir?" Your Highness applied in the Americas.

Alois continued to stare out the window of their limo. Hannah kept a keen eye, but never said anything. Their relationship was quite different than it once had been. Hannah, while a maid, was obviously nothing close to the sub-servant position she once housed.

Alois himself, was different. He was cheerful, but always aloof. He didn't clutch to those around him, especially Claude...like once in the distant past.

Claude paused at the memory of how his life had been rekindled.

"He sat by me. On the plane..." He seemed to slowly drift off at the memory.

No one in the limousine pushed the matter or prompted him to continue.

"His name..his name was Ciel."

The tone in which the name was spoken was haunting. But it went unnoticed by any of the demons, whom were all shocked into a stupor by the name itself, rather than how it was spoken.

Hannah looked about ready to strike, at what, no one could tell. The triplets turned to themselves, never speaking yet saying plenty.

Claude's breath hitched in his throat.

"...Ciel?..." The slightest sliver of tongue flicked out to touch dry lips.

"Little sky...funny name right..." There was no humor found in his voice.

"I don't think he liked me."

Hannah looked like she wanted to say something, as she did ever so love to play the mother hen with Alois, even if she was possibly the most threatening weapon sheath in the realms.

Aloi slowly turned to the rest of the limousine residents.

"And I don't think I liked him."

His voice was uncharacteristically cold. None of the demons had heard his voice so full of ice and yet so hollow all at the same time. Like a cold breeze reverberating in a glacial chasm.

His light blue eyes were almost clouded over like a dolls, yet there was a knife like sharpness to them.

He looked away from the rest and continued staring out the window.

"I hate the sky..."

Converting /tmp/phpmostvT to /dev/stdout