Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ Lift Off to Adventure. ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
On Mars…
 
It was the Day of my Grandfather's execution, and he and his men were once again tied to chairs with two aliens in front, and Marsha in the back.
 
Marsha couldn't stand anymore of this. Unlike Titan and the others, she was a peaceful Alien, who saw humans like my Grandfather as friends.
 
While the Aliens had their backs turned, Marsha walked over to Troy's chair and fiddled with the ropes.
 
“Oh, Great… don't tell me she's going to tie these ropes any tighter now?” said Troy.
 
“Say… she's not as sweet as she looks!” said Bob.
 
Suddenly, Troy didn't feel the ropes getting tighter, but in fact looser. “Boys…” he whispered, “Listen to what I say, don't react…
 
“…She's Untying me!”
 
Soon Marsha began untying Bob and Chuck, but they kept their hands behind to look like they were still stuck.
 
“Guess, she wants out of here too.” Said Chuck, “We may as well take her with us.”
 
“Right… if we can get out of here!” added Bob.
 
The two guards turned round, but thinking that the men were still strapped down, turned their attention back to driving the lift.
 
“Now... here's what we do.” Whispered Troy.
 
After the plan was explained, it was set off. Marsha got the Aliens attention by tapping on the wall.
 
“Garrunaga Kabuko?” the Alien asked in his ugly voice, and Marsha pointed over to Troy.
 
The Alien moved in closer, but as he did, Troy quickly kicked the Alien down, and grabbed his weapon.
 
The other two Aliens turned round. “Drop your weapons!!” yelled Troy, and the aliens did so.
 
“Thanks, Marsha… we couldn't have done this without you!”
 
Meanwhile on Earth
 
Solar two was ready for launch, and the time was 7:32 am, less than 30 minutes before lift off.
 
The Angels finished helping James and Sarah into their heavy spacesuits, which was promised not to be at all that heavy.
 
In fact, James even liked the way Sarah looked in that silvery slick outfit, made her looks as though she were more flexible. The only big problem was, Sarah's Hair was much too long to fit into her helmet alone.
 
So she had three choices, Either they crop her hair, Braid it up as tight as it would go, or she would have to wear a Balaclava in her helmet and stuff all her hair inside.
 
She chose the Balaclava, because her hair sometimes hurt her head a little when it was braided up too tight, and both she and James didn't want her to cut her lovely long hair.
 
Their vests were attached to their suits, and they didn't have to put on their helmets just yet.
 
“Well Sarah…” said James, “We've been on many great adventures together, but none ever as exciting as this!”
 
“I agree with you entirely James.” Said Sarah as she zipped her space gloves onto her sleeve cuffs, buts she was trembling a bit.
 
She tried to hide it, but James could read her like the papers they used to write together. “It's okay Sarah…” He said drawing his wife into a tender hug, “I'm nervous too!”
 
“Thank goodness we'll all be together this time.” She said softly into his ear.
 
Just then, the flight directors voice was heard over the intercom. “Attention… all Astronauts will proceed to the railing car bay. All Astronauts proceed to railing car bay!”
 
James and Sarah picked up their Helmets and headed off together. “It's time…” they both thought proudly.
 
The Railing car was the main transport to launch site, five miles away from the base, and a lot of people waved to us as we past.
 
Henri however was trembling worse than Sarah was. “Scared, Henri?” I asked.
 
“Oui… a little.” Said Henri.
 
“Oh that's alright… I felt the same way before my first Launch!”
 
“What exactly was it like?” asked Moses.
 
I turned Pink, “I…uh… Don't really remember.” I said, “I was so scared that the rumbling knocked me into a deep sleep…”
 
“.. Almost even sent me into a coma!”
 
The team all swallowed hard, and their breathing became heavier when we reached the launch pad and they saw how huge the Shuttle really was.
 
“Above my word…” said Samuel, “Look at the size of that thing!”
 
“Careful with those words, Major!” I said, “To some of us… that thing is a beautiful Lady!”
 
“A Lady…?” asked Elizabeth.
 
“It's an Astronaut thing.” I said, “I'll teach you all about that!”
 
Right now, we had other things to take care of as we heading into the huge elevator and rode up to the shuttle doors.
 
I guided everyone to their respective seats, and we were all helped into our helmets.
 
“Can everyone hear me good?” I asked. They all saluted to me.
 
“Good, now until we make it into safe orbit, Helmets are to on, and Seatbelt fastened until I give the order that they be removed!”
 
Everyone understood entirely, and with that, it was only a few minutes more.
 
Right before the Technicians had shut the hatch door… “Wait… Stop… Just a minute!!”
 
It was Rhapsody, “What are you doing here?” I asked, “You should be back in the control tower.”
 
Rhapsody caught her breath, and handed me a small wrapped box, “I… I want you to have this, Captain.” She said almost sounding nervous.
 
“It's my Lucky charm… I'm not really superstitious, but please take it with you!”
 
I did take the box from her, but there was just no time to open it, but I did hand her my lucky charm, but she didn't have time to look at it until she got back to the control tower.”
 
 
 
“Attention all personal… we are at T-Minus Five minutes and counting!” said the Man over the intercom.
 
“Alright… let's go over the check list!” I said. “Engines…?”
 
“Go!” Said James and Sarah
 
“Systems…?”
 
“Online!” said Samuel and Elizabeth.
 
“Naves…?”
 
“Check!” said Henri and Moses.
 
I smiled, “Control tower, Solar two is ready for lift off and awaiting further instructions; Switching over to automation!”
 
“Solar two, from control tower!” Said Lieutenant. Fisher, “You have a green light; Prepare for Launch!”
 
“Lift off… in T-Minus Ten seconds!”
 
The Engines roared to life, and the rocket began shaking all over the place. “Here We Go!!” I said, “HANG ON EVERYONE…!!!”
 
“5… 4… 3… 2… 1… LIFT OFF!!”… The Rocket started going up, and cleared the tower.
 
Inside, we were all shaking about like being caught in a tornado. “OHH… I… JUST… HATE… BLAST OFF!!!” I whimpered.
 
“OHH… I… THINK… I'M… GOING… TO… BE… SI-I-I-I-I-I-ICK!!” cried Henri
 
“I… KNEW… THIS… WOULD… BE… FAST!!” cried Samuel.
 
“BUT… NEVER… THIS… FAST!!” added Elizabeth.
 
 
Only James, Sarah and Moses actually seemed to be enjoying in. Hooting on as if they were at a 20th century fun park.
 
As the shuttle went out of eyesight, Rhapsody looked at the lucky charm I had given her, and gasped. I had given her that little rock I always carried, but that's not why she gasped.
 
“This… this rock.” She whispered, “I don't believe it!”