Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ A What If Story... ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Notes: Aiyaaa!! Here's Chapter three of my first MKR fic... I am sick right now so I don't know if this chapter is as nice as the other two, well just keep on reviewing!

I dedicate this chapter to...
death'sbestfriend
You think it's interesting now... wait till the next chapters!! ^_^

Disclaimer: I don't own MKR, but I do own the new character here and the plot!

A What If Story
by SorceressMidori

2nd Night of Umi's field trip UMI'S POV

I sighed tiredly as I flop on my bed. It's pretty boring here, I remember being here with my parents before... Well, I guess I just have to finish this report I'm doing. I got up again to get a pen and a piece of paper to write down my essay about this field trip. As I think of the things I should write I realized that there are really a lot of things clouding up my mind, killing my concentration. And so I decided to leave this hotel for a while and have short walk in the park.

I walked pass some other students still at the lobby busy talking with their friends. I suddenly recall Hikaru and Fuu, how are they? I asked myself. I tried to clear my mind a little before it gives me a migraine. Of course they're fine, they're happy there...with everyone.

I made my way to the park, I'm quite surprised no one noticed, though I'd be in a lot of trouble if I am caught, especially by a teacher. I sat on a bench under this huge tree. I couldn't even figure what kind of tree it is. It's so dark but I know it is a nice shady tree that's so welcoming and I believe no one would find me here.

And so I sat there, occasionally I'd close my eyes as I refresh my mind, but still I see him... Why does he haunt me more often than anyone else I've known... I always see him in my dreams, sometimes I even mistaken someone as him... but why?

...It makes me hate you, Ascot... because I love you so much... I feel my tears stream down my face... I'm so lonely without you...

CEPHIRO, ASCOT'S POV

Telling your friends that you won't be seeing them again is not easy as I recall. My previous attempt of it with my friends, or as some call them my pets, is a solid proof of it.

flashback

I stand there in front of my friends. I'm sure enough I've summoned them here a while ago prepared with my speech. I look at all of them; they're faces full of enthusiasm and hope since I took them in. I bowed my head & closed my eyes as I willed myself not to break down in front of them.

Damn, this is hard!

"It's been so long since we've all met, neh?" I said and in an instant their looks of enthusiasm turned into worry. "I've called you all here today to bid you farewell." I tried to swallow that hard and painful lump in my throat as that painful word caused a rather violent reaction from them. "You see, my friends," I hurriedly tried to explain, "there's a time in life that you'll have to make such hard decisions... That time of my life is now."

I watched them carefully as their faces softened a little. I believe they understand. They slowly move closer to me, as I tried to carve that memory in my heart.

I have chosen my first memory...and that is friendship...the thing that everyone showed me...the thing that Umi taught me...

end of flashback

I believe I cannot face another farewell session and so I decided to write a letter telling them everything - well, I guess, I think I should not reveal Drusilla to them. I'll think of a way...but not another of those heart wrenching goodbyes.

CALDINA'S POV

I just don't know why, but Ascot's seems to be more sociable this week... I guess he probably got the hang of Umi not being here. I hope nothing bad happens to him. He still seems to be so distant.

Ascot's last day in Cephiro ASCOT'S POV

My friends are having dinner now and I just left a while back... I had slipped the letter in a certain place that they'll surely see tomorrow morning.

I lay down on my bed, contemplating over the other two memories that I could keep in my next life.

As I recall various memories I realized that this past week was one of the most meaningful parts of my life here in Cephiro. During this short week I strongly felt how my friends trusted me as I did to them. I had become more open to them like sharing some of my secrets to them, I even told them some of my pets' favorites and how I met them... And so I've decided to make this my second memory... my friends' trust as well as mine.

And for my third memory, it'd be my first meeting with Umi, the first time I fell in love. It was the day I learned the meaning of friendship and trust, the day that changed me into the Ascot of today.

As soon as I've decided on my last memory a familiar purple smoke appeared in front of me, and at once, Drusilla stood there facing me.

"How've you been, Ascot? Are you ready?" she asked enthusiastically.

I stood there in front of her, determined. My mind is fully set and I'm not going to turn back now. It'd be a matter of time to be with Umi. "Fine... Let's get on with it."

Drusilla gave me a reassuring smile then, she told me to sit in the middle of the room. I complied. She then closed her eyes, "Think of those memories, Ascot! Concentrate and focus on them."

As I do so, she began chanting, her words are of a language I cannot comprehend. As her chanting continues and I focus on those memories I feel my soul separate from my body. It seems like I was choking, I can't breath... And then I remembered the whole process, I am suppose to die in Cephiro. As I succumb to what's happening I suddenly felt an immense pain, it was so overwhelming that I could no longer hear or feel anything around me...

DRUSILLA'S POV

"De profundis,
Magni nominis umbra...
Eheu fugaces labuntur anni.
Omnia mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis..."

"In praesenti, internos, Jacta alea est...
Ascot, noscete ipsum
Non omnia possumus omnes
Nil admirari
Ne cede malis
Omne ignotum promagnifico..."

"In futuro,
Fortes fortuna juvat.
Fata viam invenient ad vivum...
In aeternum!"

Slowly I could feel Ascot's life force fade. Until, finally, he made it to the other world, the world where his desires dwell. I pray that he finally finds what he wants there. I hope he'll be happy there and never come back here in Cephiro. I kneeled down to pick his body that is now an empty shell of the once grand summoner of Cephiro before completely disappearing to the darkness of the night.

"I wish you well, Ascot..."

ASCOT'S POV

After a few moments, the pain I felt was miraculously gone! I feel so... so free. I opened my eyes and all I saw was a blinding white light. It seems to have this great force that pulls me into something...

I sense a lot of people. Panic and anxiety was in the air. They seem to be anticipating something...something that is about to happen.

One by one my memories fade as I yield to that force...

Umi, I'm coming...

Somewhere in Japan, 16 years before NORMAL POV

"Mrs. Takakuwa, PUSH!!" a midwife exclaimed.

"I AM pushing!" snapped the reply of the lady in labor.

"Well, try pushing HARDER!!" replied the midwife.

"Honey, it's going to be all right," a man beside the lady in labor coaxed, "come on, Honey, you can do it."

Loud hard breathings were heard until...

"AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" screamed Mrs. Takakuwa.

End of Chapter Three

Author's notes: Phew! I'm still in one piece... here's a some sort of translation to Drusilla's little chant there:

Out of the Depths
The shadow of a great name...
Alas! the fleeting years glide on.
All things are changing and we are changing with them...

At the present time, between ourselves the die is cast...
Ascot, know thyself
We can't all do all things
To be excited by nothing
Yield not to misfortune
The unknown tends to be exaggerated in importance or difficulty...

In the future
Fortune favors the brave
The fates will find a way to the life...
Forever!

Well, I don't know what you'll think of it, but everything is just made up, ok? I borrowed my Onee-sama's dictionary with this foreign phrases and I just mixed them up ok... Again, I just made this whole chant thing up!! If someone comments about this being a real chant I'll keep on nagging that this is just made up solely for the purpose of this fic... well other than that, comments about my story are very welcome!! Please R&R!!

Well that's all for now! Bah-bye! ^_~

^_^ CiAo!!