Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ A What If Story... ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Notes: Here's Chapter 4!! Pretty early huh? ^_^ I had extra time and I really wanna know what you think of this chapter! ^_^ Warning: Lots of new characters!! ^_^ Heheh, they'll play an important role in this story, er... maybe some of them.

Disclaimer: I don't own MKR, but I do own all new characters here ^_^ (and in my opinion they're all kawaii!) and the plot!

A What If Story
by SorceressMidori

THIRD PERSON POV

"AAaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!" screamed Mrs. Takakuwa, then another cry was heard, that of an infant's.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Takakuwa," the midwife said, "you now have a son!"

After a few moments Mrs. Takakuwa was sent to her room. Minutes later a nurse came in with a baby wrapped in a big blue blanket.

"Here is your son!" announced the nurse happily. Mrs. Takakuwa was still exhausted due to labor so the nurse gave the baby to Mr. Takakuwa.

"Look Honey," Mr. Takakuwa said, awed at his newborn son, "He's gorgeous! He has your hair!"

Mrs. Takakuwa looked at her son and indeed she saw they had the same hair color, chestnut. The boy squirmed a little then opened his cute dewy eyes. "He has your eyes Dear." Mrs. Takakuwa said as she tickling her baby.

"Not exactly, Honey," Mr. Takakuwa replied, "his eyes have a brighter shade of green!" And he was right, for the child's eyes are lime green while his have an olive green shade.

"What are we going to name him?" asked Mrs. Takakuwa.

"How about Akito?" her husband replied.

"That's nice, it goes well with his birthday." Mrs. Takakuwa said tiredly before she finally fell asleep.

Seeing his wife asleep, Mr. Takakuwa decided to take little Akito to the nursery himself.

"My son, Akito..."

Years later, little Akito grew up. He is a fine young man, polite, kind-hearted and intelligent. He spends most of his time in photography or reading books. He is a nice boy but there is something about him that makes him different from others. He is close to animals. He has his own pets but his closeness to animals exceeds beyond that, it seems that wherever he goes the wildlife in that place is like an old acquaintance of his.

During the field trip THIRD PERSON POV

"Hey, anyone up for a game of cards?" a green-haired, gray-eyed guy said.

"No thanks, Kei!" replied an amber-eyed guy with reddish auburn hair.

"This field trip is BORING!!!" whined Kei Asakura, "Ryu, let's do something!"

"Why don't you sleep?" said Ryu, his true name is Ryuuichi Ito, his friends call him Ryu, "Then I'll have some peace and quiet around here so I'd finish this game."

"You are SO UNFAIR, man!" complained Kei, "You have a game boy to play with and I'm SO bored here! Let's play!"

"I told you, JUST GO TO SLEEP!!" snapped Ryu who is totally annoyed, "or better yet go find Akito!"

Although his friend is really annoyed now Kei kept on babbling, "Why do we have to be on this field trip anyway? We're the only 10th graders here!"

"Well no one ever asked you to be in the school's Newsletter Club." said Ryu.

"Why did they have to send us? Why not some other guy?" Kei continued still not listening to Ryu.

"Our team has the best photographer, remember?" Ryu said, now veins are starting to pop on his head.

"Why did Akito become a good photographer?" Kei said, "Why am I stuck here, doing nothing? Back at Tokyo I could be hanging out at the arcade!"

Now Ryu is really fed up, "WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!" he said and in an instant which effectively sent Kei at corner of the room whimpering. Sometimes Ryu really does scare the wits out of Kei, he sure is calm and cool but if he had one of his outbursts even a loudmouth could be silenced.

After a while a soft knock was heard.

"Um, hello?" Is anyone there?" a female voice said.

"Is that you, Eri-chan?" Ryu said as he got up form the coach to open the door. As soon as he opened it a purple-haired girl greeted him, "Hi Ryuuichi-kun! Did you see my cousin?" she inquired, pinkish-purple eyes sparkling.

"You mean Akito?" replied Ryu, "He just left a while ago. Why? Do you have to tell him something?"

"Nothing important, really! I was just so bored that I want to ask him if he could play Go-fish with me!" Eri said.

Hearing this, Kei instantly returned to being hyper, "I'll play with you!!"

Ryu giggled a bit, "He didn't want to do his article for the school newsletter so he's been pestering me all night because he has nothing to do!"

Eri smiled at Ryu's comment, "Hi Kei-kun!" she chirped as Kei skipped near them, truly this guy has some weird habits; he seems to be always in sugar high.

"Well if you're going to play, count me in!" announced Ryu as he and Kei exited their room.

"You didn't want to play with me a while ago!" wailed Kei, "You were so busy playing your game boy!"

"Oh SHUT UP!" Ryu said as they made their way to the hotel's lobby. The only reason Ryu agreed to play cards is because Eri is there. He has a crush on her since they were in 7th grade.

Not long after they reached the lobby they found a place to play. "Hey Eri-chan, I was just wondering, where are your friends?" Ryu asked.

"I don't know where Umi-chan is and the others are already sleeping so..." she said sheepishly.

"Is that so?" Kei grinned, he then rolled his eyes to Ryu "I thought you had other intentions!"

"T-that's not like it, Kei-kun!" she replied defensively for she too had a crush on Ryu, "I was just really bored and I..."

"Heheh, I was just joking!" Kei winked, he's the only one who knows Eri's secret; he found out about it accidentally when he and Eri unexpectedly switched notebooks!

Ryu just looked at his companions, puzzled. "This will be fun!" exclaimed Eri as she shuffled her cards, also to hide the blush she has, "Too bad Akito-niichan isn't here. Where could he be?"

Outside the hotel AKITO'S POV

I've been here for many times already, with `Tou-san and `Kaa-san, yet the scenery still soothes me. As I take pictures of this park I saw the willow tree where I once played when I was a child. I think I'll take a picture of this, even if it's really dark here the tree still has its ethereal glow that makes it look so enchanting.

I found the perfect angle to shoot my picture: across the fountain behind it. I readied my camera and then quickly took a shot. After the quick flash of light I saw a person's silhouette sitting under the tree. That's funny. I know no one was there a while ago. I think it's only the after effects of the light so I just ignored it.

I think I should head back to the hotel. I bet Ryu & Kei are sleeping now.

I placed my camera inside a bag together with its tripod before taking a last look at the willow tree.

UMI'S POV

I didn't realize I almost fell asleep here in the park. If it weren't for that quick flash of light I may be sleeping here until dawn. But I wonder... where did that light come from?

I walked for a few minutes before going back to the hotel. I then found a fountain behind the tree where I sat. It was already mossy and there's no water coming out of the cherub's arrow. It looks so nice and the tree, now I realized it's a willow, looks so romantic underneath the stars.

If only I could see this with someone special it'd be perfect.

When I neared the hotel's entrance I saw somebody that came from the park too. He's tall, probably a year older than me, maybe he's one of the 10th graders from the newsletter club.

I entered the hotel a few moments after he did. He was still there at the lobby, walking towards the reception desk. I then realized that his hair color is similar to Ascot's, their height are alike too!

"Oh Umi stop thinking about Ascot!" I mentally scolded myself. Suddenly the stranger turned to my direction and finally I saw his face. To my surprise his eyes, no, not only his eyes but all his facial features are an exact replica of Ascot if he lives here. His hair was cut shorter than Ascot's but they look exactly the same! How could this be? My mind screamed a lot of questions as I look at him... How could this be..? Who is this guy? Could he be...

"Ascot..?"

End of Chapter Four

Author's notes: Yey! They finally got a glimpse of each other!! ^_^ Hmm, should I let them know each other immediately or should things wait up a bit? Heheh, tell me in your reviews! Review! ReViEw!! REVIEW!!! n_n I'm just a little on sugar high... yup, like Kei-kun...

Well that's all for now! Bah-bye! ^_~

^_^ CiAo!!