Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ A What If Story... ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Notes: Nothing much in this chapter, really. I'm still in sugar high that's why I made a not-so-important chapter... not actually, this chapter is kind of an interlude, what happened after Umi saw Akito at the lobby... ^_^ Please R&R!!

Disclaimer: I don't own MKR! BUT! I do own the new characters and the plot!

A What If Story
by SorceressMidori

THIRD PERSON POV

"Excuse me, could I have the keys of room 303?" inquired Akito at the hotel's reception desk, suddenly he heard someone call him.

"Akito!!" a male voice called out.

"Room 303? Your name please," said the man in charged.

Akito turned around to look for the person who called him and instantly spotted Kei waving his hand. "Never mind that, Sir!" Akito said hurriedly and apologetically to the man before he started walking towards his friends. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw a blue haired girl.

"Ascot..." he heard faintly. That name sounded so familiar that his head almost ached a little just thinking of where he heard that. He quickly turned around in hopes of seeing whoever said that but he found no one there.

"Akito-niichan, where have you been?" Eri asked as soon as Akito sat down with them.

"Well, ah...er..." Akito began, not knowing what to say, "I've just been out for a walk for a while," he said quickly.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Eri replied, "I was so bored. I really had nothing to do!"

Akito smiled at his cousin's energetic behavior, "Is that really your reason why you're here with Ryu and Kei? Or is there something else?" teased Akito.

Eri blushed, now she regretted the day she told her cousin about her feelings towards Ryu.

"She said she was so bored that's why she went to our room, "Ryu explained.

"Yeah, and then we played Go-fish but Ryu always looses so we just told stories!" continued Kei, still in his sugar high mode.

Ryu on the other hand glared at him for his previous narration, "So what if I always get bad cards, it's just a game!" he thought sarcastically.

"Well, is that so?" Akito said as he stood up, "I think you had enough fun tonight Eri-chan. It's already past your bedtime and you have to wake up early tomorrow for the last day of the field trip. Better be off to bed!"

"But Akito-niichan," whined Eri, "Kei-kun didn't finish his story yet!"

"You'll have another chance of hearing his stories next time. Now, go to bed!" Akito ordered in a very brotherly manner.

"Yes, 'Nii-chan..." Eri said as she got up and prepared to leave, she knows she doesn't stand a chance when arguing with her Akito-niichan. He could be too over protective and caring of her but he is really like that even towards his friends sometimes. He is like a real brother to her.

"Goodnight Ryuuichi-kun, Kei-kun!" she said and then went to her cousin and gave him a small peck on the cheek, "Goodnight Akito-niichan."

"Goodnight Eri-chan," Ryu said before she could turn around and leave, Eri looked at him and blushed.

"Man, this guys are hopeless," Kei thought, "they should be a couple eons ago if they weren't too dense."

"Goodnight Eri-chan, pleasant dreams!" Akito said. When she already got up the stairs he sighed and turned to his two friends, "Really guys, you should have sent her to bed ages ago!"

"Akito, you're so protective! We were just having fun here," Ryu said.

"Yeah, and she was telling us good stories like when you were little, you two used to get scolded by your granny when you took that little fox inside the house!" Kei said.

"I just can't help it to be over protective," confessed Akito. "We grew up together, she's like a real little sister to me!"

"I know what you mean, Man," Ryu said as he too stood up, "but sometimes you just have to accept that she isn't a little girl anymore, you have to loosen up a bit, ok?"

Akito sighed again, "I guess you're right, Ryu." He then quickly switched moods, "Or are you just telling me this because you're thinking you can't date her because of my over protectiveness?" he teased.

"No! It's not like what you're thinking!" Ryu said blushing, "I personally would be protective over her too if I were on your shoes b-b-but..."

"I'm just kidding!" Akito laughed, surely Ryu's expression back there was amusing, "Come on guys, let's go to sleep."

"Come to think of it I'm sleepy," Kei said as he finally stood up and stretched a little.

"Well let's go," Ryu told them, "there's still the last day of the field trip tomorrow. We can't miss that out or else Sensei will scold us!" The three guys then got their key at the reception desk and went to their room to sleep.

UMI'S POV

"Ascot..?" I said, I can't believe I said that out loud, I'm only really sleepy I guess. Ascot can't be here, he lives in Cefiro not here! I better go back to my room.

I opened my bag to get some clothes; I want to take a shower before going to sleep. Yeah, that's right! Maybe a shower can help me clear my mind.

I'm wrong... definitely wrong. As soon as I let the warm water run down my skin images of that mysterious stranger flooded my mind. Who is he? How come he looks so much like Ascot? I know it just be a big coincidence but could he really be... Ascot?

"Umi-chan?!"

THIRD PERSON POV

"Umi-chan?!" Eri exclaimed as she entered their room, "Umi-chan, are you there?"

"Yes, I'm here," Umi said as she emerged from the bathroom in her pajamas. "Where have you been?"

"I was looking for you!" Eri answered. "Where did you go? I was so bored here so when I didn't find you I went to my cousin but unfortunately, he too wasn't there!" she continued.

"Then where did you go after those searches?" Umi asked with a teasing smirk on her face.

"I ended up with my cousin's friends," Eri finished. "Hey! You didn't answer my question yet." Eri said as she realized Umi got all the answers to her questions while hers was left unanswered.

"Well... I just took a short walk around the park, "Umi said uneasily. "I'm sleepy!" she added which effectively canceled any of Eri's remaining questions.

"Well, ok! I'm kind of sleepy too," Eri replied as she too took a shower then went to bed.

"Will I see him again tomorrow?" Umi thought before drifting of to the land of dreams...

End of Chapter Five

Author's notes: I'll try to upload the next chapter ASAP! But I want to see some reviews! ^_^ Heheh, I can't continue this story if I don't know what you think of it! About Akito and Eri-chan's relationship, aren't they so sweet? Aw, even if they're just cousins they treat each other like true siblings! Ok, ok, I know I'm already babbling... but Kei is sooo cute! *looks out and sees no one* Yeah, I'll stop now... ^o^;

Well that's all for now! Bah-bye! ^_~

^_^ CiAo!!