Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Here I Am ❯ Fuu's Wish ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Here I Am

Chapter Five - Fuu's Wish

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own MKR or its characters. No profit is being made, only borrowing them for my own amusement.

Author's Notes - Yeah, so I'm sorry I never got around to posting this until now. It was because fanfiction.net was down, and I post the chapters there first, and then here. Of course its down again now…but I managed to upload this chapter this morning, so here it is here. R&R!

Warnings/Pairings - Rated PG, though I may up the rating later on. Pairings of Umi/Clef, Fuu/Ferio, and Hikaru/Lantis.

Summary - Umi wishes to return to Cephiro, and on a cold lonely night she gets sent back. However, things aren't what they seem, for a new evil is lurking not far away, and it has plans for Umi.

----------

It had been dark when she arrived home that night, and as she closed the door quietly behind her, she couldn't help but be worried now.

They had spent the whole afternoon at Tokyo Tower, just sitting outside the souvenir shop, comforting each other. There hadn't been much else to do, since they didn't even know where to start looking for Umi. Before they had split up to go their own separate ways, however, Hikaru had phoned Yukari to see if Umi had returned yet. She hadn't.

Now, Fuu knew something was wrong with her friend. Umi wasn't one to take off like that and not leave a note or tell anyone where she was going, and she should have been home by now.

"Fuu? Is that you?" A feminine voice came from her living room, and Fuu realized her mother was probably worried about her.

"Yes mom, it's me." She answered, passing by the living room to head upstairs.

"Can you come here please?"

Fuu sighed. This was it, she was in trouble.

"Where were you today?" Her mother asked as she appeared in the doorway, and she noticed that her father was in the room too. They were sitting very close together on the couch, concerned looks on their faces as they looked at their daughter.

"Visiting a friend." She answered simply. It wasn't a lie, she really had been visiting a friend. She just didn't bother to tell them the details.

"You missed classes today." Her mom pointed out softly, "Mrs. Kannanawich phoned to tell me you were absent - apparently you had a research paper due."

Oh no…I knew I forgot something! Fuu winced. "It was important."

"What's more important than your grades?" Her father finally spoke.

Fuu shook her head, looking down at the floor. She couldn't bear to look at their disappointed faces. "I can't tell you."

Her father grew angry at this. "You'll never be able to do anything with your life if you don't pass college!" He yelled, now standing.

Fuu's mother looked startled. "Sit down dear, please," She begged, "Don't yell."

Tears came to Fuu's eyes. Never in her life had she ever disappointed her family, and it made her feel terrible. But it had been for a good cause - one of her friends was in trouble. If only she could tell them that…

"I don't know what's going on with you, Fuu." He shook his head, sitting as his wife told him to. "You used to be so good in school…and now this? Not passing in papers, skipping classes to hang out with friends? I don't understand…"

Fuu was silent and still refused to look up at them.

"Well?" He asked, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Nothing." She whispered.

A long silence fell between them, and finally she broke it.

"I'm tired. I'm going to bed." She said quietly, her head still hung so that they couldn't see the tears. Turning, she swiftly made her way upstairs to her room, clicking on the light next to her bed and closing the door behind her.

They don't understand? They can't understand! She thought furiously, throwing herself down on her bed and wiping the tears from her eyes. They can't understand what I'm going through…what I left behind in Cephiro!

She closed her eyes, and she remembered a memory from long ago. She stood in a elegant palace looking up at a handsome man with green hair and golden yellow eyes that only held adoration and love for her.

"Ferio…" Her eyes opened and more tears came. She had left her first true love in Cephiro; returned to Earth, never to see him again.

Picking up a stuffed animal on her bed, she curled up and held it tightly as she cried. She wanted to see Ferio again and all her friends, she wanted to see how beautiful Cephiro was now, and how it had prospered. But most of all, she wanted to find Umi and make sure she was safe.

With trembling lips, she opened her mouth and started in a quiet whisper, "I wish…"

-----

It was a bright and sunny morning, although quite wet from the night before. Birds were chirping happily, coming out of the hiding places and shaking themselves off, animals were slowly making their way out of their borrows. The forest was peaceful, but all of that was suddenly ruined by the sound of horses hooves pounding the soft ground.

He was dressed in his usual armor, and his hair was pulled back into a small ponytail. With a sword at his side, Larfarga made his way through the forest atop of his dark black stallion, keeping a close eye on the ground.

He normally wouldn't be out riding around in a forest this early in the morning, especially since dawn had only come a few hours earlier and the air was still cold and felt damp across his face. However, he had gotten up early to look for a flower that only blossomed after a large amount of rain and grew in this forest.

He spotted one up ahead, and a small smile appeared on his face. Caldina will be pleased.

Slowing his horse as he neared, he dismounted in front of the beautiful slower. It was a light pink rose, grown only centimeters from the ground, and was supported by a stock of thorns. With a gloved hand he reached out and picked it, bringing it to his face and drawing in a small breath. It smelled of strawberries and honey, something Caldina loved.

Holding it as carefully as he could, he put the flower in his travel bag for safe keeping.

A noise from behind him startled him, "Larfarga?"

He spun around to see a girl with long blue hair standing not too far away. Her clothes were tattered and torn and she looked like she had been through a rough time. He didn't recognize her at first, since she was older now and more mature, but her blue eyes caught his and he suddenly remembered those eyes from a time long ago.

"Umi?" He stepped forward, "Is that you?"

She nodded, and a smile formed across her face. "Yeah, it's me."

"But…how did you get here?" He asked

"I was hoping someone here in Cephiro could answer that question." She winced as she let go of the tree and fell to her knees. Larfarga made an attempt to catch her.

"What happened to you?" He questioned, picking her up in his arms. She was in no state to be walking.

Umi suddenly felt tired, closing her eyes now that she knew she was in safe hands. She had stayed up most of the night worrying what she was going to do next and if anyone was going to find her. Now that someone had, she felt a lot better. "Sky," She muttered tiredly.

He stared down at the girl in his arms, wondering just what had happened to her. Seeing that she was almost asleep, he lifted her up onto his horse and sat her between his arms so that she wouldn't fall off.

Clef will have answers, he thought with a hitch of the rein, and the horse took off the way they had came. There's no way Umi could be here…with no pillar system, and I know for sure nobody has even tried to summon the Magic Knights since they left. There hasn't been a need to. Cephiro is doing just fine now…

With those thoughts in mind, Larfarga headed in the direction of the palace. Somebody there had to have answers.

To Be Continued…