Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Here I Am ❯ Hikaru's Return ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Here I Am

Chapter Ten - Hikaru's Return

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own MKR or its characters. No profit is being made, only borrowing them for my own amusement.

Author's Notes - Well, since nobody answered my last question, I went ahead and made Eagle evil. Hahaha…*is bad* You might also hate me for this - I've changed the pairings slightly ^^; Don't worry, they will all end up with the ones I had intended in the first place. I just want to do some Eagle/Hikaru scenes :P I might also add some really strange pairings that I don't think have been done before, so watch out for those ^_~ I'm thinking maybe some one sided Innova/Umi, and perhaps Eagle/Nova in the end ;P Yes, I *am* crazy! I just hope people will keep reading, even if I decide to go through with it. Heheheh…yeah. So R&R, and enjoy! Don't know when the next chapter will be out, but I'm on a writing ramage!

Warnings/Pairings - Rated PG, though I may up the rating later on. Pairings of Umi/Clef, Fuu/Ferio, and Hikaru/Lantis.

Summary - Umi wishes to return to Cephiro, and on a cold lonely night she gets sent back. However, things aren't what they seem, for a new evil is lurking not far away, and it has plans for Umi.

----------

It was late afternoon and the table in the main dining room, which was a large and elegant room, was set for supper. In the middle of the table sat Cephiro's prince Ferio, whom was dressed in his normal prince attire. To his right sat the most powerful mage in Cephiro, Clef, and to his right sat Fuu. Caldina, Larfarga, Ascot, Lantis and everyone else sat around the table chatting eagerly about the return of the Magic Knights.

Fuu sat silently, idly moving her food around with a fork. She was glad to be back, but there were still a ton of unanswered questions, and nobody seemed to know the answer, which disturbed her greatly.

"Fuu?" A soft voice came from beside her, and Fuu glanced up to meet Ferio's worried gaze. "Are you okay?"

She nodded. "I'm a little worried about Umi…she still hasn't woken up yet."

He gave her a small smile. "Don't worry, she'll wake up soon."

A loud laugh startled Fuu out of her melancholy mood a few moments after, and she looked up to see Caldina tickling Ascot, who was trying to push her away with no avail.

"Laugh, Ascot!" Caldina attacked him again, "Come on! Let me hear it!"

He tried to push her hands away, but he wasn't fast enough.

"Caldina! Stop!" He managed to say as he struggled, "This is no time for laughter!"

"It's the perfect time for laughter!" She insisted, "Everyone's so down! Laugh, come on!"

Fuu smiled, watching the two. Ascot finally gave in, and he laughed.

"Okay, okay!" He laughed, "Stop it!"

"See?" She grinned, "Now didn't that feel good?"

Anything he was about to say was cut off as he looked up, and his eyes suddenly widened. Fuu blinked, following his gaze to the main entrance to the dining hall, and her mouth dropped open. Standing there was a familiar girl her age with red hair, watching as everyone turned to look at her.

"Uhm…hi?" She said meekly, waving a hand.

"Hikaru?" Fuu's grinned, jumping to her feet and running to her friend. When she reached her she hugged her tightly, "Hikaru!"

Hikaru embraced the other girl, holding onto her for dear life. She had arrived in Cephiro only moments before out in the garden, and had made her way inside. At first she thought she was dreaming again, but now as she hugged Fuu, she knew it was real. She was finally home.

"I was so afraid I'd never see you again," She admitted to Fuu, "Your parents…they said you'd run away!"

Fuu pulled away, smiling at her friend. "No…I returned home. My true home." She moved away from Hikaru, and Hikaru was greeted by the rest of the people who had been sitting at the table.

"Hikaru! Welcome back!" Presea hugged her tightly and Mokona jumped into Hikaru's arms. She hugged them both, tears appearing in the corners of her eyes. She sniffed, trying to hold them back, but she was just so happy!

"I missed you guys!" She told them as they pulled away and others came to greet her.

"Looking good!" Caldina winked, giving her a small hug as well. Beside her, Larfarga nodded his greeting.

The happy hello's and hugs continued, until finally someone dressed in dark armor stepped forward.

"Lantis." Hikaru smiled, unsure if she should hug him or not. She had grown a bit taller since she had last seen him, so it was now a lot easier task. Standing on the tips of her toes, she reached out and put her arms around his neck, pulling him close. "I missed you most of all."

There was a 'hmph', and Hikaru pulled away to see Primera sitting on his shoulder glaring at her, her arms crossed. Hikaru grinned.

"I even missed you, Primera!"

Lantis smiled down at her then. "Welcome back, Hikaru."

"It's good to be back!" She turned to her friends, and she smiled blissfully.

-----

He stood outside one of the grand windows, covered in the shadows provided as he stared in at the happy occasion. The slight breeze rustled his silvery white hair, and his cape bellowed softly in the wind. He paid no attention to this, nor the happy smiling faces as he stared in through the window. Something had caught his eye, and he found it hard to look away.

So the last Magic Knight has arrived, he thought smugly, staring at her from the distance. There was something about her, something he couldn't quite put his finger on, but he felt like he was drawn to her. The Magic Knight of Fire, he raised a hand and put it against the glass, feeling the cool smooth surface beneath his hands. Innova will be pleased.

He watched as the red headed Magic Knight hugged the man in black, and he suddenly felt a strange feeling go through him. What was that? It felt like…jealousy? But he had no reason to be jealous, he didn't even know the girl. Strange, he thought, shaking it off. There's something familiar about her.

"Eagle!" Came a voice in his head, and all previous thoughts vanished.

"What?" He spoke out loud, careful not to make any moves that would draw attention to himself and he kept his voice low.

"You will address me as you should!" Barked the voice, and Eagle shook his head.

"Sorry Lord Innova." He said, "How may I help you?"

"That's better. I would expect all my generals to treat me with some respect - I did give each of you life, didn't I?" Answered the voice of Innova in his head.

"Yes, my Lord." Replied Eagle, rolling his eyes. He was glad Innova couldn't see that, he would definitely get punished for it."Now report to me."

"Will do." He answered, and he felt the connection drop. He was alone with his own thoughts again. With a sigh, he pushed away from the window, carefully moving so that he was out of sight. Once that was done, he summoned the power that he had been given, and vanished.

-----

He appeared in a dark room, completely dark except for a glowing crystal that lit up the throne that sat not too far away. Upon the throne sat Innova, who was glaring at him impatiently. He stepped foreword until the light was casting its glow upon him, and he hesitated slightly.

"Well?" Innova asked.

"The Magic Knights have returned, just as you planned," Eagle informed him, "The Magic Knight of Fire arrived moments ago, and the other two are already here."

Innova put a finger to his lips, looking thoughtful. "Yes, my plan worked. But do they suspect anything?"

"Of course my Lord, but they have no idea what's going on. All they know is that the Magic Knights are suddenly showing up, and although the Prince and Master Mage have looked into it, they still don't suspect a thing."

"That's great news, thank you Eagle." Innova stood, walking towards the crystal, "Now, what should we do next.."

It was then that Alcione stepped forward from the darkness, a strange smile set upon her face. Innova briefly looked up at her.

"What do you want?"

"If I may, my Lord," She bowed slightly, gaining his interest, "I've come to you with something that might interest you."

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow. He was definitely interested now.

"Yes, it seems the Magic Knight of Water had an accident when she arrived here, and she is very weak at the moment. If you're looking to attack, now is the time. Attack her now while she's still unconscious."

Innova looked at Eagle, who was busily glaring at the woman. "Is this true, Eagle? Is the Magic Knight of Water hurt?"

"Yes." He said, looking back at the one he served.

"And you did not tell me?" Innova asked, venom in his voice.

Eagle shot another dirty look at Alcione before looking down. "I did not think it was important, my Lord."

"That's right, you did not think!" Innova spat. "For that, I shall give you the next task. Fail me, and you will wish you had never been brought back from the dead!"

"Yes, my Lord," Eagle winced, keeping his head down, "What is my task?"

"Bring me the Magic Knight of Water."

To Be Continued…